The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds still broken

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    TomLukman wrote: »
    Still broken - better luck next Monday... :/

You're joking, right?

They just removed some system message, but didn't fixed the grp tool.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same broken garbage and another lie in patch notes. Still goes back from "forming" to "queue". Incompetent and pathetic. Make sure to go silent for another week and come up with another outstanding "fix" ZOS. Sixth week since Morrowind launch and still getting to bg is accident miracle once a day. Its not even prime time yet and didnt manage enter once since server was up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Gravord on June 26, 2017 12:53PM
  • Unklarheit
    :(:'(
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Grouping Tool

Fixed an issue where you would be removed from a queue when trying to re-queue immediately after declining a Ready Check.
    Fixed an issue that could prevent other players from being found for your group if your first replacement declined the invite.
    Fixed an issue where you would not be put back into a queue after attempting to form a group when another player would not accept the Ready Check due to being inactive."

Look, this is very simple. The ready check is currently the main issue. Get rid of it. If you queue for Battlegrounds, you have already agreed to go. If you're not ready, if you're opening a chest, if you're killing a boss, that's on you. Don't punish everyone else for one person.

Once the baseline queuing system is working, then you can go back and add this feature once you've refined it. 6 weeks + of broken BGs is not acceptable. I get the idea of the ready check, just eliminate it until you can fix it. That way at least folks can play BGs. Then when you think you've fixed the ready check system, stick it on the PTS and ask groups to test it for you while you watch. Then send it to live.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Niberion
    Niberion
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys just turn this farse bgs off until you trully get this fixed, and stop wasting people's time? Really, six weeks just passed since Morrowind is live and completely nothing is changed:( how competent yours engineers are if they cannot fix one of the major feature of morrowind expansion.. people paid for this...
  • McCracken79
    McCracken79
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly do not think it will be fixed anytime soon. Just going by their track record here... The only thing I can say is I am not throwing anymore money at ZOS. I un-subbed and will not be buying crowns or anymore DLC until they start to correct the ridiculous amount of issues with this game. I don't even care about balancing anymore, I just want to play BG's. I want to ride my horse and not stop dead every time I hit a tall blade of grass. I want to hit a skill and have it actually go off now and not 5 seconds later. I want to not get CC'd every 3 seconds and stand there with full stamina still unable to break free. I can go on a lot more but I think I have made my point.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowind expansion is like a swiss army knife
    it has a blade [battlegrounds]
    it has scissors [new pve content]
    it has a screwdriver[new quest content]
    multiple features!

except the blade is very, very dull. everything else is fine, but its cutting feature is dead.
    the blade has been sent for sharpening for 6 weeks now, and it is still duller than a butter knife

i could simply refund the swiss army knife, but i still want to use the scissors and the screwdriver!
    how frustrating it is, that you have a broken product for which you paid, for all the features, and one is simply not working, but you can't refund because you want the rest, too?

@ZOS_GinaBruno i hope you laugh at this, and i hope the engineers laugh too, to get motivated or maybe inspired to find a fix
    :)
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I tried BGs on PS4 NA for the first time yesterday. We got to play 3 times in almost 2 hours. What a joke. Spent almost all the time accepting Ready Check requests instead of actually playing any BGs. We won't be going through that again any time soon. Such a let-down.
    PS4NA
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Five "someone declined" and I'm still waiting. Don't tell me someone declined five times in one minute.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is broke also at prime time atm so the total PVP experience is pretty bad atm...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • poenab16_ESO
    poenab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    A *** commercial gesture at least !!!
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should phone Blizzard and get some tips for the group finder. Even tho WOW sucks there were never any problems queueing for random BGs.....
    Edited by bodge2372 on June 26, 2017 4:37PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 weeks in...what a sad joke.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a Community Manager to post the usual "We have a fix scheduled for next patch..." comment.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a Community Manager to post the usual "We have a fix scheduled for next patch..." comment.

Dont forget "it would be in this patch but we didnt have time to properly test it". So they will test this awesome solutions for another week to deliver us another pill of dissapointment.
    IF they respond at all, its been going for so many weeks might aswell go back to pretending that this topic and whole issue doesnt exist...
    Edited by Gravord on June 26, 2017 5:15PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

Dont forget "it would be in this patch but we didnt have time to properly test it". So they will test this awesome solutions for another week to deliver us another pill of dissapointment.
    IF they respond at all, its been going for so many weeks might aswell go back to pretending that this topic and whole issue doesnt exist...

That point has to be close. It was around this length of time when they just stopped responding to dungeon finder queue issues. So I'd say Soon....
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS's fault. It's the fault of every single one of you who hasn't requested a refund for Morrowind yet. If everyone concerned about BGs requested a Morrowind refund now, it would be fixed by tomorrow.

To request a Morrowind refund click HERE, pick Windows, then Billing, then Request a Refund!
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these should all be submitted as in game tickets. The queue issue is ridiculous and the forums don't seem to get any attention.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you check the Dev Tracker, there hasn't been a reply on any thread about any issue since 21 June! And that was a comment about sound!
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem solved, I que up solo and make sure I am on my "pretty pretty" Warden and I can get into BG within 2 minutes!

Solo que for Warden is great!!

Such a fun and pretty class!

Peace and Love Always,

Floki
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you all know that we do see your replies about the ongoing queuing issues, and we're working on a larger, more detailed post explaining what our next steps are. Expect to see this in the next couple days.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you all know that we do see your replies about the ongoing queuing issues, and we're working on a larger, more detailed post explaining what our next steps are. Expect to see this in the next couple days.

Thank you!!
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

000e2f3fb2bcc62fc8484ff1da96a476.jpg?67ef12

• bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

How many times have we seen this before ?
    And nothing ever materializes.
    Just dishonest banal politician speak about "we're working on a fix..." "we'd like to have it fixed by...." "it's something we'd like to do but...."

[snip]

Where is the urgency ?
    A major advertised feature of a new DLC is broken. Has been broken for 5 weeks.
    With no fix in sight.

Other games would have it fixed within days and would be absolutely ashamed if players could not access a major feature. [snip] Yet do absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

[Edit for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 26, 2017 8:57PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So whats today fix was about if it didnt fix anything? And 5 previous ones? Fake download?
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Take down the servers. Roll back the *** Group Finder to pre-Homestead (before ready check) and let people enjoy the *** game they paid for. And then feel free to take years to make ready check work, or forever, no one cares, just let people play.

As for myself, I requested a refund. I'll be happy to purchase Morrowind again once BG queues work.
    Edited by Meld777 on June 26, 2017 7:57PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where did I read this before? Oh! Yes! Here, in this same forum, like 1.000 times already.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem to understand that a ready-check queuing system cannot AND WILL NEVER work. They're wasting time.

The probability of getting 12 people to perpetually ready check doesn't make logical sense. Look:

FAILED - yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
    FAILED - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
    FAILED - yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
    FAILED - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes

(several hours later)

MATCH - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Now i want you to imaging that their background, all those "no's" are getting replaced with other people, and it keeps all the "yes's" together for that one ready-check iteration. (or worse, it just jumbles everyone back in some master pool or queued players)

Only here's the problem. Those are NOT individual no's. Those are no's that are segmented and partitioned into groups of 3 people, groups of 4 people. So now they need to throw out that entire chunk of yes' that go along with the single no.

Okay now for that one iteration, it needs to now find a replacement group for the exact amount of people. But its much easier to fill that void with three individual people, rather than a group of three.

So if you're in a group... its harder to fill those spaces. It's like a nightmare game of Tetris.

Every wonder why solo queuing goes so fast? Its because you're one individual replacing/filling the final holes in a pre-matched group that's looking for those final replacements to start the Battleground.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    They don't seem to understand that a ready-check queuing system cannot AND WILL NEVER work. They're wasting time.

The probability of getting 12 people to perpetually ready check doesn't make logical sense. Look:

(several hours later)

Now i want you to imaging that their background, all those "no's" are getting replaced with other people, and it keeps all the "yes's" together for that one ready-check iteration. (or worse, it just jumbles everyone back in some master pool or queued players)

Only here's the problem. Those are NOT individual no's. Those are no's that are segmented and partitioned into groups of 3 people, groups of 4 people. So now they need to throw out that entire chunk of yes' that go along with the single no.

Okay now for that one iteration, it needs to now find a replacement group for the exact amount of people. But its much easier to fill that void with three individual people, rather than a group of three.

So if you're in a group... its harder to fill those spaces. It's like a nightmare game of Tetris.

Every wonder why solo queuing goes so fast? Its because you're one individual replacing/filling the final holes in a pre-matched group that's looking for those final replacements to start the Battleground.

Solo queues dont work either, I had 4 in 4 hours whilst livestreaming
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »

(several hours later)

Pls tell me they didn't program it that way.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

And i think they even when everyone presses ready it doesn't work right and says someone is not ready. (I don't think that so many ppl don't say they are ready)

Just deactivate the ready check to see if the grp tool works. Shouldn't be to hard just set player_ready=true or something like that.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
This discussion has been closed.