The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds still broken

• L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fixes we find get pushed right to Live at this point.

Hey look! this Zenimax guy did not ask from us to blame other players for ruining the battlegrounds experience

someone will not be getting any promotion soon.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know if it wasn't a closed beta you guys could've stress tested this better....then again the 1.6 pts had a stress test and live was still a laggy mess so prolly wouldn't have mattered. zos gonna zos
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

How are people supposed to afford that much of Poisons / Immo potions?

Since without them you're in clearly disadvantaged.

This is what I am saying everyday:"why do no they make pvp more rewarding?"
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

Uh, you guys do realize with just a little effort you can make your own poisons/potions like a lot of us do.

Idk about you,but when you spend 1k for every bg (10immo pots) and you receive ~4k ap it is not rewarding. I need 500k ap to buy a motif and sell it for 80k. That means 125 wins (only if I win every match,wich is not possibille...) to get 500k ap and get 80k back . So even if I have 100% win rate I still lose 45k...and tbh you win like 50% so I lose like 65k. So all in all my rewards are somewhere between -50% and -100% compared with what I spend.
    And if you do not use crafted pots...sorry,but it is like buying a 200hp car and refill it with gas, instead of oil.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    JWKe wrote: »
    Can we have 4v4? 16 v 16 Huttballs !?

Lets start with ability to actually enter and play, shall we? :)
    After we get that we can ask for serious leaderboards with win/loss ratio not based just on amount of matches played. When its done your idea is a go :)

Well, SWTOR turned into a pile of steaming manure, but you are still actually able to queue for and join a "BG".
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Vahrokh on June 10, 2017 8:36PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    I started dark brotherhood DLC the other day, which has been out for years. For content focused on stealth/assassination, there's a lot of stealth mechanics bugs in this DLC alone. Pretty absurd since i've been paying for ESO+ and Morrowind is now out.

Not even gonna get into Cyrodiil lol

If you play Imperial City - the ANCIENT DLC, you still have today the same bug that makes you unable to complete the tiny quest line. That damn south door you have to defend, still bugs today, you still have to try it immediately after a server maintenance before someone else has done it, else it gets stuck for another week.

If you play Wrothgar, another old DLC, even today you have the last Torug's related quest (the one to become hero of Wrothgar and get the epic costumes etc.) bugged. You cannot complete it alone, you need 2+ guys to circumvent the bug where you have to put 4 items to get Torug's bear skull.

I have personally checked and found both bugs few days ago, on my newest alt.
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have there been a change on how groups work after the match starts? The past week I’ve been in more uneven teams (2vs3vs4 type of scenarios) then the past weeks. When the countdown is over, teams with less then 4 ppl are not getting filled up properly, instead the match suddenly ends due to uneven teams. It’s just a waste of time for everyone and really poor group mechanic.
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

Uh, you guys do realize with just a little effort you can make your own poisons/potions like a lot of us do.

Idk about you,but when you spend 1k for every bg (10immo pots) and you receive ~4k ap it is not rewarding. I need 500k ap to buy a motif and sell it for 80k. That means 125 wins (only if I win every match,wich is not possibille...) to get 500k ap and get 80k back . So even if I have 100% win rate I still lose 45k...and tbh you win like 50% so I lose like 65k. So all in all my rewards are somewhere between -50% and -100% compared with what I spend.
    And if you do not use crafted pots...sorry,but it is like buying a 200hp car and refill it with gas, instead of oil.

Why not simply craft your own potions or poisons, they cost nothing to make and you can easily grab the ingredients while you level or quest or just run around killing mobs for xp? I have yet to pay for a potion or food in all the time I have played...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

Why not simply craft your own potions or poisons, they cost nothing to make and you can easily grab the ingredients while you level or quest or just run around killing mobs for xp? I have yet to pay for a potion or food in all the time I have played...

The days when I was leveling and questing are far far away. I have enough plants banked(over 1k stam ones and arround 400 of the rest) and I do writs on 5 characters. The problem is that if I wouldn't bank what I receive from writs and be doing only pvp for the future in some months I would run out of resources. And as a pvp player I should get something enough rewarding to sustain my pvp time without doing pve, same as pve players get enough mats/gold to sustain their pve time(hundreds of potions for trials and rest) and get some profit.
  • peteinos
    peteinos
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, I could cut a slack on ZOS for the first weeks or so, bugs can be tricky and sometimes fixing them is harder that it sounds.

But its been more than one month since PTS when they were introduced.

So could someone please explain how its not a priority to make it possible for groups actually GETTING IN a Battleground!!

Been trying the past 3 weeks and always the same queuing problems. BGs are one of the top features of the expansion, let alone the fact that you end up with teams of 2vs2vs4 or any permutation.

It is imposiible to even get into the BG in PC EU and there were 3 patches fixing them. If not working, dont let people hitting accept to enter the queue for more than half an hour. Its not fun or funny
  • Kaladin_Ninefingers
    I am seriously disappointed in the battleground queue and matchmaking.

1. It takes ages to form a group. I highly doubt that during peak time around 30 people in a span of 15 minutes queued just to decline
    2. If the group was somehow formed, most of the time, its not an equal match. Its a 2v3v4 or 2v3v2 or something like that
    3. The BG ends abruptly most times. I guess its ends when someone rage quits. It happens most times in a mismatched scenario mentioned above.
    4. The rewards are disappointing

I am new to ESO. Absence of BGs was what kept me away until now. But I guess I wont be staying for long. Shame because I like BGs when it works.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just battlegrounds. Group finder is broken now too.

Timer for me starts around 40 sec. I wait until there is about 10-20 s left on the timer to accept. But, then it puts me back into queue. Seconds later I am kicked out of the queue automatically. The whole system is finicky.
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    Patch maintenance in progress now, lets see if grouping tool gets fixed
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cocorocho wrote: »
    Patch maintenance in progress now, lets see if grouping tool gets fixed

I sure hope so but I bet on one more maintenance after this one.

Wait and see
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an update and check if any fixes are pushed to LIVE for this week? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Cus yet another weekend's gone (4rth) in a row and people weren't able to queue with their friends.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Stalker_91
    Stalker_91
    Soul Shriven
    Bg-s still broken, just tried it with a friend, we managed to enter the first one, it was 2v4v4. and after that it was same old "someone is declined invitation, you are posted in front of the queue"! and it was like that for more than half a hour before we gave up!
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, gf was changed, now pop up overlap other activities and doesnt hide in notifications but for groups its still endless cycle from forming back to queued.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Did a test with group members on voice com. They informed me when its waiting for 1 player. 50% of the time when its just me left to click q automatically cancel because someone inv decline, even if i have 40s on the timer to accept it. Other 50% pop disspears and im in queue status while everyone else is waiting for that last person to confirm. Here is your bug, still sitting where it was from beta.
    Edited by Gravord on June 12, 2017 12:22PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been only what...4 weeks? Prime content!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    If someone que's for Battle Grounds and then decides to go open a chest or fight a boss, they deserve to lose their progress. Que when you're ready to play and not before. There's no need to build a feature that prevents groups from forming smoothly to satisfy a small subset of players doing something they shouldn't be doing.

But there are a plethora of problems with the grouping tool beyond this. It doesn't match groups evenly, either in number or level. There don't even appear to be two promised tiers (vet and non vet).

Personally I've been able to get into BGs in less than 6 minutes every time. So the ready check isn't as big an issue for me as all the other grouping issues.

My worst surprise was when I switched onto my level 10 alt, who I created for Morrowind, and qued for a BG. I got matched with CP400s and above.

CP doesn't have anything to do with anything in Battlegrounds...

Don't be ignorant. The first advantage is being level 50 and having the right resource allocations. The second is having all your skills and morphs. The third is having Gold CP 160 gear.

Battle leveling will never make a level 10 player equal to a CP anything player, nor should it.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler soo guys? we wait for the next patch and then the next ?
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch says its to fix BG queuing but then the patch notes only contains a fix for getting immediately placed back in queue after you leave a BG. So their fix is only for those few who were actually able to make it in. RIP everyone else.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Submitted for a full refund of Morrowind and uninstalled today. ZOS has made it abundantly clear that they're not capable of properly managing this game, and shall receive no further patronage from me.

RIP Battlegrounds 2017-2017.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submitted for a full refund of Morrowind and uninstalled today. ZOS has made it abundantly clear that they're not capable of properly managing this game, and shall receive no further patronage from me.

RIP Battlegrounds 2017-2017.

Can I have your stuff

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    Not just battlegrounds. Group finder is broken now too.

Timer for me starts around 40 sec. I wait until there is about 10-20 s left on the timer to accept. But, then it puts me back into queue. Seconds later I am kicked out of the queue automatically. The whole system is finicky.

Was always broken in several ways. They just expanded the list of affected people.
    Edited by Skjoldur on June 12, 2017 3:51PM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    programming logic for match making can be quite challenging... a lot of games I have played that have match making in place... usually in the beginning there are lots of challenges related... i think the biggest complaint I have seen from other games is people getting matched up against those with far superior skills.

However, at this point, I think that most of us that have experienced these horrendous delays in group queuing and actually getting into matches would agree... we don't care so much about those we get pitted against... we just want back to back to back games!!!!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they just forgot to add the fix to the patch notes again :lol:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Maybe they just forgot to add the fix to the patch notes again :lol:

Sureeee
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This queue issue is such a shame because the BGs themselves are awesome when all teams are full but it really takes the fun out of it when you spend an hour getting a queue only to load into a game that is 4 v 2 v 2. I have a blast in the games that have full teams but I can only seem to get those if I solo queue, at least on XBox NA. As others have noted if you team queue in off times (middle of the night) you can usually get games just fine. But during prime time it is basically impossible to do anything but solo queue.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi ZOS,

Here's a recap of my friends and I experience.

Solo queue: Works good (90% works). Wait time 2-5 mins.

3+ person queue: Sometimes works (50% works). Other times gets funky error messages previously identified by community. Wait time 15-45mins.

4 person queue: Doesn't work most of the time (10% works). Constantly getting error messages. Have to click ready button every 30secs to 1min. Wait time 45+ mins. We play Cyrodiil while we wait now.

Reduce wait times: I can't imagine there aren't enough players to complete match making. Instead of doing ready checks, just kick players who are inactive for 2 mins in a game. Just get the games started.

Limit the coding effort: Stop prioritizing groups vs solo queue people. Just put them all into full 4 person teams with whatever combination available. To be honest, if you queue solo, your chances of winning the objectives of the game mode are low anyways.

Thanks,
    Skoomah
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Hi ZOS,

Here's a recap of my friends and I experience.

Solo queue: Works good (90% works). Wait time 2-5 mins.

3+ person queue: Sometimes works (50% works). Other times gets funky error messages previously identified by community. Wait time 15-45mins.

4 person queue: Doesn't work most of the time (10% works). Constantly getting error messages. Have to click ready button every 30secs to 1min. Wait time 45+ mins. We play Cyrodiil while we wait now.

Reduce wait times: I can't imagine there aren't enough players to complete match making. Instead of doing ready checks, just kick players who are inactive for 2 mins in a game. Just get the games started.

Limit the coding effort: Stop prioritizing groups vs solo queue people. Just put them all into full 4 person teams with whatever combination available. To be honest, if you queue solo, your chances of winning the objectives of the game mode are low anyways.

Thanks,
    Skoomah

Lol They told us that we should avoid queu BG while playing Cyrodil, bcause it can lead to some bugs.
This discussion has been closed.