Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still broken

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is it possible can you explain why we need a ready check?Can you remove the ready check that should greatly improve people issue of getting into BG.

We implemented a Ready Check to give players an out in case they simply aren't ready to be ported to a Battleground. If you're in the middle of completing a quest for example, or looting a Treasure Chest, or killing a boss - you may not be ready to be taken away from that activity as soon as a Battleground is ready to begin. By declining the Ready Check, you're essentially telling our system that it should find someone else to replace you and you don't want to be ported yet. Not having this means someone could suddenly be taken away from something they were in the middle of doing, which could also lead to players immediately leaving as soon as a Battleground begins to return to their prior activity, impacting all the other teams.

Edit: Made a small clarification.

You guys need to decide who is more important. That 1 person that is too busy to go into a BG even though they knowingly queued up for a BG or the other 11 people that are starring at "someone declined the queue" 20 times before they finally get into a match.

I am hesitant to make this suggestion because the implementation will be bugged and the mini deserter penalties will be given out to people erroneously, but......people that decline a BG queue pop need to be given a mini deserter penalty. Not the full deserter pentalty but maybe 2-3 minutes. That way they are encouraged to be ready when their queue pops. Please don't give this to people that crash.....

You speak as if the ready check feature itslef is the crux of the issue. The fact that the message pops up when no one is declining the ready check in some scenarios im the group finder says alot. Something is majorily borked well under the hood that has nothing to do with people declining the ready check.

Also lets not forget for nearly the entirety of dark brotherhood, the dungeon group finder was broken (this was before ready check was implemented.)

There are alot of issues with the group finder. The ready check feature itself iself is not one of them.

I expect that the problem is a combination of issues, which is why they have had a hard time fixing it. Legitimate declines are probably a portion of a larger issue. Regardless, I think that the queue should encourage people not to lightly decline queue pops.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 5, 2017 3:01AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS strategy : "let's absolutely tank the servers on all platforms and cause massive latency issues. This will deter any attention from our broken battlegrounds just enough to put it on the back burner of people's minds." *laughs all the way to the bank*
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is it possible can you explain why we need a ready check?Can you remove the ready check that should greatly improve people issue of getting into BG.

We implemented a Ready Check to give players an out in case they simply aren't ready to be ported to a Battleground. If you're in the middle of completing a quest for example, or looting a Treasure Chest, or killing a boss - you may not be ready to be taken away from that activity as soon as a Battleground is ready to begin. By declining the Ready Check, you're essentially telling our system that it should find someone else to replace you and you don't want to be ported yet. Not having this means someone could suddenly be taken away from something they were in the middle of doing, which could also lead to players immediately leaving as soon as a Battleground begins to return to their prior activity, impacting all the other teams.

Edit: Made a small clarification.

You guys need to decide who is more important. That 1 person that is too busy to go into a BG even though they knowingly queued up for a BG or the other 11 people that are starring at "someone declined the queue" 20 times before they finally get into a match.

I am hesitant to make this suggestion because the implementation will be bugged and the mini deserter penalties will be given out to people erroneously, but......people that decline a BG queue pop need to be given a mini deserter penalty. Not the full deserter pentalty but maybe 2-3 minutes. That way they are encouraged to be ready when their queue pops. Please don't give this to people that crash.....

You speak as if the ready check feature itslef is the crux of the issue. The fact that the message pops up when no one is declining the ready check in some scenarios im the group finder says alot. Something is majorily borked well under the hood that has nothing to do with people declining the ready check.

Also lets not forget for nearly the entirety of dark brotherhood, the dungeon group finder was broken (this was before ready check was implemented.)

There are alot of issues with the group finder. The ready check feature itself iself is not one of them.

I expect that the problem is a combination of issues, which is why they have had a hard time fixing it. Legitimate declines are probably a portion of a larger issue. Regardless, I think that the queue should encourage people not to lightly decline queue pops.

Personally I would suggest anyone who actively declines is placed at the bottom of the current queue so it reduces the chance of them being tagged twice before they finish whatever it is they are doing, anyone who allows it to time out for whatever reason should be removed from the queue altogether... they can re-queue when they get back from whatever it is they are doing.

In addition anyone who is queued should not be allowed to enter any other 'instance' with the possible exception of their housing.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno that reasoning is so broken given how your group finder works.

I strongly believe that it's broken beyond how it's supposed to operate in that I sincerely doubt someone is missing the queue every time, for half an hour of accepting ready checks on console.

If a person queues for battlegrounds, that should serve as a ready check imo. The way you have it now, it punishes 11 other people if someone is "too busy killing a boss". If you want the ready check for that, fine, but instantly replace that one person rather than requeuing everyone else.

Even if your system is working as it should, that's a garbage way of handling someone who queued for bg and suddenly decided they aren't ready.

I know you don't make the final decisions, but the hatred for the system in place is overwhelming. You guys should take the ready check out until you can fix it and come up with a system that doesn't punish 11 other players because someone needs to "loot a chest".

It places you at the front of the queue....... If it was working as intended (which seemingly it currently isn't), so the 'loss' is a little extra time in order to 'gain' an active player rather than an inactive player, which could also be a scenario.

If it worked that way, I'd agree. However I have to accept queues for 30 mins with the same "someone declined" message. Even if that's working as intended, it's a bad way to handle queues. They should just grab the next in line solo queue to replace the one that declined.

I dont believe thats what's happening over and over for 30 mins. I think the group forming process breaks down elsewhere ; but regardless it NEEDS a fix
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this ruined my sleep schedule
    battlegrounds only work after 1 am my time, because there's fewer people
    it's currently 10 am

zos please i am getting health damages here, if i were american i would probably sue

i don't wanna be forced to stay awake until the morning just to play the game ! : (
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you for the update. Is there also work being done to improve the match quality? like insuring that it is actually 4x4x4? Also will these queuing issues help back-fill games? Also you have stated that there will be separate queues in which the lvl 50s and below will be in one queue and everyone else at cp in another, any time frame as to when this will work?

To answer your questions, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Expect to see these changes in the next incremental patches for all platforms - 7/10 for PC and mid-July for console (we're about to enter first party certification so we don't have an exact date yet).

So I will have bg for my below 50 character next week ?
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    this ruined my sleep schedule
    battlegrounds only work after 1 am my time, because there's fewer people
    it's currently 10 am

zos please i am getting health damages here, if i were american i would probably sue

i don't wanna be forced to stay awake until the morning just to play the game ! : (

Can confirm that, the less people are in the queue, the faster it is for some reason...
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I got a refund for Morrowind, I was in a 12-man team (3 groups) on TS, trying to get into Battlegrounds. After ~2 hours of waiting time and at least 20 pops where it was simultaneous for all 3 groups (we also checked based on organized ready check accepting), it still threw us back into "Queued" after "Forming Group". We gave up.

Yes, it was prime time, and yes, it is PC EU.

From what my friends experience nowadays, it is possible to get into Battlegrounds in less than 1h as a group at night. On PC NA or Consoles - much less. We're talking 5 min. But it is truly ridiculous that the more people there are in queue, the longer the waiting time.

FYI, everyone I talk to, literally everyone, has the "LFG Auto Accept" addon installed by now. It's an addon that accepts all BG ready checks instantly in the background, so you can run dungeons, duel or be in Cyrodiil without having to worry about being in combat or having to press anything.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeping this thread on the first page.

Most of my friends have given up on BGs and the game tbh, you can kind of tell by the people that are online during the weekend, on EU at least.

Looking forward to today's maintenance hoping that at least sth will change.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah hope it will be OK. The natch potes would help to know though
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Yeah hope it will be OK. The natch potes would help to know though

Hahaha you wish man :*
  • TheDarkAardvark
    TheDarkAardvark
    Soul Shriven
    A fun experience, this "battlegrounds". It's really hard to describe the bugs with it because it's so broken.
    One recent experience (a couple days ago):
    Join queue
    "f" if ready message
    "f"
    forming group
    someone declined
    placing at front of queue
    queuing
    "f" if ready message
    "f"
    kicked back to queue
    "f" if ready message
    "f"
    forming group
    kicked back to queue
    "f" if ready message
    "f"
    someone declined
    placing at front of queue
    repeat for 45 minutes before game kicks me out of queue entirely.
    Good times.
    Who am I battling again? Other players or devs?

Aard K'varr - Khajiit - NB - NA - AD - 9 Trait Master Crafter - Healer - DPS - Naked-Punch-Tank-On-Demand
    Illambria set self-procs in lava, Master Ravage Health pots, Slaughterfish and my favorite, Falling. Dying of laughter every day.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

Then punish them, I had over 600 declines when in a group of 2, after being kicked from one for a perma-load screen.
    You should make it so if they decline they can't reque for 2 minutes, why? It could be the same person, seeing as when you drop and reque its instant.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    To have an update

BG group queue (3-4) as of now, 6 pm gmt on EU PC, seems to be working after today's patch.

Will update if anything changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work, can anyone do some BG testing to see if this patch appears to be helping with ques? Praying that the incremental on xbone Wednesday fixes these issues for us as well!
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sophieous wrote: »
    To have an update

BG group queue (3-4) as of now, 6 pm gmt on EU PC, seems to be working after today's patch.

Will update if anything changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Awesome news! Will be so hyped if they continue working through EU prime time and then NA as well. Please do update, I'm eagerly watching forums today to see if this incremental fixed the queue.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    I have been entering successfully alone and with a 3 man group. There were queue - forming group - back to queue issues, but not nearly as awful as before. Single player entering was mostly from the first try, 3 man group took needed some extra confirming, but the longest queues were just under 3 minutes. There also seems to be a heck of a lot less requests to confirm entry which was a nice change.

However all these were done a few hours after the patch was online. We still have to test proper 4 man group during prime time.

The annoyance I noticed today - sometimes you get a 3v3v3 man BG, but immediately after the match starts the 4'th player spawns in. The problem with that is that the 4'th player has no time to prepare and their health bar is invisible to the rest of the group - so the group can't see when 4'th player is under attack.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aint good, 4 man team, q - forming - q - forming - q - forming - q - forming - q - forming - q - forming and it goes on for 10 mins. Afterwards 3 of my team mates get ported in while im still not ported and not anymore in q....

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Gravord on July 10, 2017 5:39PM
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    BG queues are still not working as expected, specially noticed with a full group. It seems to be easier to get in with a full team, but it's still q - forming - q - forming, and it's not someone rejecting the entry to BG because we always had one person wait until the Waiting for players reached 1, so he'd take it last.

Other new features
    - once we had our 4'th group member replaced by a random player.
    - endless loading screen after dying in battlegrounds.

Overall, it seems to be easier to enter BG with the full team but the problem is far from being 100% fixed.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Another new feature - dialog to accept entry to BG popping inside BG.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Another late night story - I queued solo - after about 10 min of waiting with several queue fails, we ended up stuck in a 3v4v4 battleground. The battle never started and we were stuck in a "Waiting for players..." mode.

After about 10 min of waiting, our patience was rewarded with a 20 min deserter penalty.
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    TomLukman wrote: »
    Another late night story - I queued solo - after about 10 min of waiting with several queue fails, we ended up stuck in a 3v4v4 battleground. The battle never started and we were stuck in a "Waiting for players..." mode.

After about 10 min of waiting, our patience was rewarded with a 20 min deserter penalty.

This, and the groups kept filling when a player left... the green team was just bugged and wouldnt get a 4th player. I notified the 3 new players of my group that it was bugged and left. Lurking the forums now for the next 20 mins :)
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1754.html

Auto accept plugin for PC...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was trying the 1 to 49 this Monday after patch @ZOS_GinaBruno with a premade groups and encountered this. Afterwards was one queue so we were left to queue for hour encountering this issue while looking for a dps.At last, I did notice at one point my friends were invited to queue up (same group), but I didn't receive a notification to accept. It said I declined, but never received invite .So makes you wonder maybe this is the issue? .

Edit

Could we allow premade groups of 8 or say 12 queue together...or is this already possible? Might free up some hassle if we can pick who we go to war with.
    Edited by Tasear on July 11, 2017 10:22PM
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Was trying the 1 to 49 this Monday after patch @ZOS_GinaBruno with a premade groups and encountered this. Afterwards was one queue so we were left to queue for hour encountering this issue while looking for a dps.At last, I did notice at one point my friends were invited to queue up (same group), but I didn't receive a notification to accept. It said I declined, but never received invite .So makes you wonder maybe this is the issue? .

Edit

Could we allow premade groups of 8 or say 12 queue together...or is this already possible? Might free up some hassle if we can pick who we go to war with.

Actually , we still got a level 31 added to our three man CP++ team. They were a good warden healer so no complaints, but yes, there are still low levels being combined with CP++.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    And, after this 2'nd night of testing of BG queues, I can still confirm the grouping isn't 100% fixed. There are still failed BG queues after everyone accepts the queue.

Also, after one of out BG members was brutally kicked out of BG (disconnected) - we had do wait for his 20 min undeserved deserter cool down to go away. We queued for a dungeon (4 man team - so 2 DD, 1 H 1 T) - we had to confirm twice to enter and we had double loading screens (you see yourself in the dungeon, then the screen changes back to the 2'nd loading screen).
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it kind of works, but not perfectly, but at least we can get in with patience, not 30 min queue and nothing. still, ZOS keep polishing this because it ain't working at the kind of standards a company such as ZOS should be held to !

however, another issue, @ZOS_GinaBruno explain why the game modes are weighted? capture the flag is WAY more prevalent that a simple 33% for each game mode.
    and please don't try to say they all have equal chance of popping up when we play 20 BGs with 2 deathmatches !!

the evidence is in the BG leaderboards, all scores are SIGNIFICANTLY lower there than other game modes, which indicates there is a smaller amount of players actually playing deathmatch

we want to play PvP not PvWhocanrunfastest or PvSplityourteam

just let us pick game mode when queuing !!!
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it works better after 2 days tests, but its still far from perfect and have to confirm multiple times and other issues happen as stated above.
    Capture the flag (relic) seems to be dominant pop all the time, average 8-9 matches out of 10 are mindless coward runners and 0 actual pvp. That have to change. It supposed to be "fast paced COMBAT", not watching coward set runners compete which one of them is faster and "winner" team having 0 kills done.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Gravord on July 12, 2017 5:00PM
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken on Xbox one NA. Been in queue with guild members for 30 minutes now. Ready checks are popping up faster, but still no actual battlegrounds. This is just... I don't even have the will to get angry about this anymore... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Please just get rid of the ready check. Please
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely TERRIBLE que times solo at 11:00 PM EST Xbox NA. We patiently waited and waited for this "fix" and this is what you bring to the table? Absolutely embarrassing and unfortunate for the potential of this game. I've cancelled my sub I just can't keep being so let down by this. Putting the sticks down until something comes that catches my interest with developers who actually care.

Edit : for reference..when I say terrible solo ques I have now been in 1 CTF game in 45 minutes.

Edit 2 : just got in to a second game around the 50 minute mark.

Not what was advertised in the slightest.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on July 13, 2017 2:54AM
This discussion has been closed.