The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds still broken

• zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those fixes are still going through engineer reviews and QA testing so when they pass those we can give an ETA.

Great news, thank you! Any chance to push it to PTS?
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    zsban wrote: »
    Those fixes are still going through engineer reviews and QA testing so when they pass those we can give an ETA.

Great news, thank you! Any chance to push it to PTS?

PTS doesn't have the queueing issues LIVE does.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broken on PS4 I'd say it's around 10% of the time the Queue works. Do they even play the game?
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever made it into battlegrounds with a 4 man group?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Any fixes we find get pushed right to Live at this point.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭

That's awesome Brian - some of us are dying for some proper battle grounds PvP. Ever since release we couldn't get a four man group into BG - not even once.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try using the PTS before pushing unfinished features to Live next time.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on June 10, 2017 12:44AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    We have some more fixes in the works regarding how the server requests instances of Battlegrounds/Dungeons. This potentially fixes several cases such as getting a full ready check then getting a "someone declined message" as well as getting kicked back to the queue/ready check after you get "forming group" messages.

Awesome. Any date we can expect it to be ready and pushed live?
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Try using the PTS before pushing unfinished features to Live next time.

PTS is down, presumably for E3, but officially down for maintenance.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is even worst on Xbox.
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    The issue is even worst on Xbox.

Wbat do you mean? Btw, if you want to share with us any bug,feel free to comment here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349053/battlegrounds-bugs-and-lack-of-features-please-stop-ignoring-us-zos-updated-6-9/p1
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

How are people supposed to afford that much of Poisons / Immo potions?

Since without them you're in clearly disadvantaged.

This is what I am saying everyday:"why do no they make pvp more rewarding?"
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Same bs "someone decline inv" when trying to enter bg as a group... third f. patch and still cant play it. WTF zos?

It's not broken, they added more RNG, sometimes you'll get into a bg, sometimes you'll get kicked and given the lockout timer, sometimes you'll get put back in the queue...
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone que's for Battle Grounds and then decides to go open a chest or fight a boss, they deserve to lose their progress. Que when you're ready to play and not before. There's no need to build a feature that prevents groups from forming smoothly to satisfy a small subset of players doing something they shouldn't be doing.

But there are a plethora of problems with the grouping tool beyond this. It doesn't match groups evenly, either in number or level. There don't even appear to be two promised tiers (vet and non vet).

Personally I've been able to get into BGs in less than 6 minutes every time. So the ready check isn't as big an issue for me as all the other grouping issues.

My worst surprise was when I switched onto my level 10 alt, who I created for Morrowind, and qued for a BG. I got matched with CP400s and above.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

So if one person declines the rest of the 11 are out of luck. That's horrible design and makes no sense added that when a q pops you can be in a 4v3v2.. So really it doesn't even make sense. Games should be full of 4v4v4 within the current system.

Not to mention you've given trolls the ultimate ammo to just queue up endlessly and decline it. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if someone was doing this lol. If you queue up for a BG and miss the invite you should get the deserter penalty.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not trying to be a smart a** or exaggerate, but at what point do we seriously get to start talking about refunds? I bought Morrowind for battlegrounds. I literally, not exaggerating at all I swear, haven't gotten to play a single battleground match...
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just removed the ready check if you que up send everyone into the BG.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Well maybe if we're lucky @ZOS_BrianWheeler logs in to the game often enough in the next time so we can have a working product in 6 months.

We should start taking bets on how long it will take ZOS to bring Battlegrounds up to par with other MMO's PvP arenas.

I remember when DAOC came out with battlegrounds. PvP fight people in your same level, capture keeps, etc.

That was over 15 years ago.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to play the game with my friends and BG won't work.
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey uhh why don't you guys remove resource cost poisons and cut the effectiveness of proc sets in half or better yet, remove those too. That's something you guys should push to live asap to save the integrity of battlegrounds. How can you push no cp pvp and nerf sustain across the board without rebalancing sets??
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Thank you for posting. If we get more of that info in a shorter time frame I'm sure players would be more patient and less infuriated. It's actually a testament to the passion we all have for this game.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is still broken. I queued up solo just to try it out real quick and I only was assigned one team mate so the other 2 teams had 4 players and we just had two. It was not fun. That was the one and only time I tried it. I will try again. I know others have had fun with it so my first and only experience was ruined.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The latest craziness... started off in a 2 v 2 v 2 situation but as the match progressed the other teams had players added until it was 4 v 4 v 2... haven't seen that particular bug before but how the gosh darned heck can it be sane to be porting additional players in half way through a match?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

How are people supposed to afford that much of Poisons / Immo potions?

Since without them you're in clearly disadvantaged.

This is what I am saying everyday:"why do no they make pvp more rewarding?"

Uh, you guys do realize with just a little effort you can make your own poisons/potions like a lot of us do.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ready check should occur before match making. Not when a match is found.

If the group leader attempts to queue for BGs, then the group gets a ready check. Once the group checks ready, they are locked in for match making.

Not exactly rocket science.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS queuing logic at a drag strip:

OK EVERYONE, START YOUR ENGINES.

DRIVERS, READY?

OKAY ON 3... 2.. 1.. (waves flag)

(all cars stationary at the start line)

OKAY, NOW WE'RE GOING TO READY CHECK. SO ONCE YOU.... GOD DAMN IT BILL. WHY DIDN'T YOU READY CHECK?

OK EVERYONE, START YOUR ENGINES

DRIVERS, READY?

OKAY ON 3... 2.. 1.. (waves flag)

(all cars stationary at the start line)

• Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    Is group finder also getting a fix? @ZOS
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So group que seem to be the most broken during prime time they just don't work. During off hours such as late at night 3-4 AM est you can get a group in rather quickly same in the morning to afternoon your group can get into a match rather easy.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno something is happening during prime time that's are making things worst .
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Btw. let me tell you a little story...

Several guild mates pre-ordered Morrowind a day or two before it got released (early access) - and I told them: "Battlegrounds are going to be broken for one reason or another! We won't be able to group in or there will be a server limit on how many BG matches can exist at the same time, which will leave people in queues forever!" Long story short, I ended up buying Morrowind a day before early access....

The result: I was conned, taken advantage off... done up like a kipper... almost 3 weeks since then and I never ever experienced proper battlegrounds with a full 4 man group.

My fault for not listening to my own hunch... again! While I could totally still get my money back, I'm not doing it only, and ONLY, because this game provided me with more then 5000 hours of entertainment.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    If someone que's for Battle Grounds and then decides to go open a chest or fight a boss, they deserve to lose their progress. Que when you're ready to play and not before. There's no need to build a feature that prevents groups from forming smoothly to satisfy a small subset of players doing something they shouldn't be doing.

But there are a plethora of problems with the grouping tool beyond this. It doesn't match groups evenly, either in number or level. There don't even appear to be two promised tiers (vet and non vet).

Personally I've been able to get into BGs in less than 6 minutes every time. So the ready check isn't as big an issue for me as all the other grouping issues.

My worst surprise was when I switched onto my level 10 alt, who I created for Morrowind, and qued for a BG. I got matched with CP400s and above.

CP doesn't have anything to do with anything in Battlegrounds...

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »

CP doesn't have anything to do with anything in Battlegrounds...

That's true, but also a level 10 has way less skills unlocked than a CP400 which is essentially a level 50 toon.
This discussion has been closed.