Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why even bother with having a PTS

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You heard it here first . DK's make great healers .
    /clicks_LOL ;)
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We still want you to play your way, but we're going to make sure you're always pigeon holed into one role along with destroying any class identity you have."

When tri pots give more resources than Battle Roar...is there any point in being a DK anymore? Congrats everyone, if you want to be a viable DK just roll a warden and spam tri pots! It's the same thing, but better!

Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takis1979 wrote: »
    You see some of us really like our classes and get attached to it, we might make something else but a certain class is our base (our main character).

Try playing a MagPlar since original beta launch, the pain is real. I just want to leave my house and enjoy the magic of the sun.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    You heard it here first . DK's make great healers .
    /clicks_LOL ;)

There's just no end in sight to all the craziness with this patch .
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    There's an amazing increase in the viability of most races as crafters and storage alts!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, there have been changes in each PTS patch, but they aren't the changes you're looking for (sorry, had to get a #MayTheFourth joke in today somewhere). At the risk of regurgitating the same thing we've said before, we do care about your feedback, but keep in mind there's feedback coming from many different sources, some of which everyone here doesn't see (like in-game feedback, for example). Also, we need to take a look at what's best for the entire game and for its future. Your feedback isn't useless - we do read, and we do take everything into consideration.

Which is a nice way of saying if our feedback disagree's with your vision, you'll ignore it.

You heard it here, folks. If you wanna persuade ZOS to not do something, you gonna persuade them with numbers. Specifically, their bottom line.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which is a nice way of saying if our feedback disagree's with your vision, you'll ignore it.
    ZOS hasn't shared their "vision" of what combat is meant to be, so how are we supposed to contribute feedback when they won't share that? It was meant to be fast paced, fluid and fun... but a heavy attack meta doesn't quite mesh with that. Fair enough, ZOS is right that resources are too easy to get, but we also feel they're overdoing the nerfs to some degree. Okay, so we know resource management is important, but... what's the long term vision? Is our feedback going against their vision for the future? How are we supposed to understand the end goal? Is it just resource management, or is there a long term vision of where they want to be.

It's hard to give feedback when your feedback is going up against a standard you don't know about.
    Edited by Preyfar on May 5, 2017 2:23AM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, wanted to provide a bit of clarification regarding the previous reply as it didn’t come across completely accurate. DKs in general have a great toolset for tanking, but that doesn’t mean they are strictly meant to tank. For example, we’ve seen that Magicka DKs (as some of you have been asking about) are putting out great DPS numbers. The original comment was meant more to say that DKs in tanking roles are very powerful, but DKs can also be strong DPS or even healers, too, as some of you have proven. On the flip side, you don’t necessarily need to be a DK if you want to tank, either. Our overall goal is to ensure you can play any class in any role, which is what we’re working toward in this upcoming update. Apologies for the confusion this caused!

I won't dispute your claims about Magicka DKs having great DPS in PVE. My issues are with the almost complete uselessness of the class in PVP. Magicka DKs have the absolute worst class DPS in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds. A single Templar or anyone with Purge can quickly eliminate all of the DOTs we can inflict. Heals and shields are pathetic. Sustain is practically zero. Burst DPS is limited to ultimate skills. Ranged DPS (outside of Leap), executes and mobility are non-existent.

Magicka DKs have three choices in PVP. (1) Do nothing but perform light and heavy attacks to charge the Ultimate skill, be it Standard or Eye of the Storm. (2) Respec and regear to Stamina. (3) Die quickly and frequently.

Again, I would love to hear from the dev team regarding their experiences of playing a Magicka DK in PVP situations against actual players and not bots or PVE mobs. I'm very interested in understanding why ZOS is indifferent (at best) or feels it is acceptable (at worst) for this class to be so unbalanced in PVP. I'd even accept a response along the lines of not having any idea how to fix the Magicka DK's situation in PVP without making them ridiculously overpowered in PVE or without overhauling the class entirely. At least players would know where they stand if that was the answer.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Shhhh not so loud. They might hear you.

@Akimbro

I mean they wouldn't listen even if they did though.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Hey guys, wanted to provide a bit of clarification regarding the previous reply as it didn’t come across completely accurate. DKs in general have a great toolset for tanking, but that doesn’t mean they are strictly meant to tank. For example, we’ve seen that Magicka DKs (as some of you have been asking about) are putting out great DPS numbers. The original comment was meant more to say that DKs in tanking roles are very powerful, but DKs can also be strong DPS or even healers, too, as some of you have proven. On the flip side, you don’t necessarily need to be a DK if you want to tank, either. Our overall goal is to ensure you can play any class in any role, which is what we’re working toward in this upcoming update. Apologies for the confusion this caused!

I won't dispute your claims about Magicka DKs having great DPS in PVE. My issues are with the almost complete uselessness of the class in PVP. Magicka DKs have the absolute worst class DPS in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds. A single Templar or anyone with Purge can quickly eliminate all of the DOTs we can inflict. Heals and shields are pathetic. Sustain is practically zero. Burst DPS is limited to ultimate skills. Ranged DPS (outside of Leap), executes and mobility are non-existent.

Magicka DKs have three choices in PVP. (1) Do nothing but perform light and heavy attacks to charge the Ultimate skill, be it Standard or Eye of the Storm. (2) Respec and regear to Stamina. (3) Die quickly and frequently.

Again, I would love to hear from the dev team regarding their experiences of playing a Magicka DK in PVP situations against actual players and not bots or PVE mobs. I'm very interested in understanding why ZOS is indifferent (at best) or feels it is acceptable (at worst) for this class to be so unbalanced in PVP. I'd even accept a response along the lines of not having any idea how to fix the Magicka DK's situation in PVP without making them ridiculously overpowered in PVE or without overhauling the class entirely. At least players would know where they stand if that was the answer.

There is no way a dev with any authority mains or cares about a mDK for PvP. Dragon Blood would have never been as useless as long as it was.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last summer there were lots of posts about sorcerer nerfs, back then the only explanation we were given for 50+ pages long discussion was something like: "crit tank sorcerers are awesome" by Wrobel, and we were all like "say wut?"

Gina's response somewhat reminded me of this, really showing a disconnection between playerbase and ZOS. We really gave feedback, especially for Morrowind, but you guys simply dont know what to do or only use PTS to gage your crown store demand for the next quarter.

ESO has been the only game I have been playing since its prelaunch, now I dont even want to log on because:

You think nerfs are the only way to change things, as a sorcerer I dont want a single class to get nerfed to the ground and forcefully pigeonhole classes in a boring direction in one freaking Elder Scrolls game.

You assume by quarterly nerfing half of the classes and keeping one class obviously stronger will keep people interested because of your lack of creativity.

You think you can constantly sugar coat everything while you have been contradicting yourself over and over again while shamelessly pushing crown store's limits by each passing quarter.

The game had decently fluid combat system, you even managed to break that while you are saying "we do whats best for long term". It's as convincing as some suicidal guy with a gun in his hand saying "I look forward to next amazing 50 years ahead of me, yay" how convincing is that?

I disagree 100% with just about every single thing you posted. I for one have been enjoying the game more and more with every update, and I have also been playing since launch.
  • Tacadrie
    Tacadrie
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes ans abilities

Ok I suggest to be clear for your community to rename DK "tank", sorcerer "damage dealer", Templar "healer" and delete NB and warden ...
    Ebonheart Pact EU
    Guild : Hodor & L'Escouade Sauvage

Taca Flamber : Dunmer DK - vMoL : 161,909
    Tacadrie : Nordic DK
    Taca Ptation : Breton NB
    Taca : Altmer Sorc
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno will you ever accept that this design philosophy doesn't work and possibly add specializations to classes like they do in other mmo's to properly define and balance class roles?

It works for me and I love it the way it is, which is a big reason why I play this MMO and not other ones. If they changed it they would be making their game just like everything else and that would not be cool with me and thousands of other players.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Tacadrie wrote: »
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes ans abilities

Ok I suggest to be clear for your community to rename DK "tank", sorcerer "damage dealer", Templar "healer" and delete NB and warden ...

Yeah + 100 points
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

Magicka DKs have no business in healing Gina. Sorcerers can heal better, Nightblade off heal with funnel health and Templars are the healers of the game. Passives alone, all classes theoretically will outheal the DK, they were never meant to effectively heal, and never will be in the current state. Can it be done? off course, but the whole group will be losing out from its far better role as a dps than heal.

"Powerful DPS" is true, BUT with a lot of DOT and staying inside melee with light armour, where as other classes go ranged (except the templar, but even the templar can go ranged and be just as good in melee). The moment the DK has to move due to mechanics, the dps drop is massive.

As i mentioned before, this can not be done in Cyrodiil, period. Not a single DK will apply 3+ dots in Cyrodiil, each dot barely does any damage there, since the DK relies heavily on crits for each tick to be anywhere near effective. A templar in heavy armour will cause more damage with 1 reflective light (which is a ranged ability) than burning embers and engulfing flames combined in Cyrodiil.

I get what you are saying, you want each class to be able to Tank, DPS and Heal, but realistically the DK has only two effective roles in PvE and PvP, tank or dps. mDks already had the most expensive class skills, most expensive ultimate (numerous nerfs) and the only class that must be in melee range without a gap closer (please, your chains are a joke in cyrodiil as well as it is still bugged since beta, meaning "target is too high or target is too low") no execute (which is fine for me, but now 3 classes have this ability), unpredictable reflective scales (which can not reflect 80% of abilities thanks to your changes), DOTs do not pose any real threat (1 rendering slashes is deadlier than 2 mDK DOTs), no mobility and the most expensive heal in game (which is even more expensive this upcomming update).

Go play the DK in end game PvE and PvP, solo, small group and large group and you will see their flaws in comparison with the other classes.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Many people don't understand the purpose of a test server. I see this in a lot of games.

See I am a software developer. And developing software goes through a process of..:

1. Determine requirements - ie. what do we want to build/change
    2. Do the design - ie. How are we going to achieve that - which programs/databases etc. need to change
    3. Do the build - ie. changing the code
    4. Unit testing - does the code change do as per the design states
    5. Systems testing - do all the code changes fit together
    6. User/Beta/QA testing - Does the whole thing work as determined by the Requirements (1.)

We are at stage 6. A long way down the development cycle. The aim of this test is to check if the requirements have been met. This means that if the requirement states that Constitution should return 60% less than it used to - is it now returning 60% less than it used to? If it isn't - its a bug. If it is - its working as intended

And that is the key word. Working As Intended - Intended is determined in black and white in the Requirements.

You guys are all asking for the requirements to change - Now don't get me wrong - ZoS probably are listening to the feedback - but changing requirements part way through a project creates a LOT of risk, a LOT of re-work and a LOT of retesting.
    The way Requirement changes are generally done is by creating NEW requirements for the next project - which starts at step 1 again.

TLDR;
    It will likely be a while till the feedback you are giving now gets to the PTS - and it will probably NOT be in this patch.

It does NOT mean this testing is pointless - AS LONG AS YOU REPORT ANY BUGS/EXPLOITS YOU FIND. Also the early feedback (as opposed to waiting till live) gives them a head start in the next patch wich probably will take some of the comments on-board.

Except you're flat out wrong.

Yes, glorified bugfixing is a part of the PTS (and pretty much the only part where we are actually heard, though not always).

However:
    This is the official feedback thread for class balance. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • In general, what are your thoughts on the class balance in this update?
    • How long did it take you to run out of resources? What did you do in this case?
    • Did you change your character/build in any way because of these changes? How so?

This isn't bugfixing, man, this is asking for feedback on the content. Go to the Morrowind Closed Beta, and there are even more official thread asking for feedback on content, experience, opinions etc. Not just asking for "Hey, did you guys run into any bugs while doing content XYZ?"

So yeah, considering that the devs do ask for feedback on specific content and balancing issues that go beyond glorified bugfixing, I don't really buy into your premise.

I mean, I'd be completely ok if devs just came out and said "hey sod you guys, we don't want any feedback regarding our content, just bugfixing, thanks". At least then I'd know where they stood, and I could just pass on wasting my time helping them bugfix for free.

The issue at hand here is that 90 % of the community agrees on a certain direction for the game (not to mention a lot of more specifics on the Morrowind Closed Beta forum that do not pertain to class balancing issues or the sustain issue), and that feedback is continually being ignored in the PTS cycles, just like it was in the past in all the other PTS cycles, which makes this whole process extremely frustrating and ungratifying.

Agreed, feedback and bug testing. Plus, add play testing.

That being said, feedback works better phrased as Constructive Criticism! Offer positive suggestions for improvements it fixes, while also sending detailed bug reports that help Devs and QA replicate and troubleshoot bugs and other issues.

Seems to me that the Incremental patches are addressing issues in medium sized steps.

When I was an IT Project Manager our goal was to address the biggest issues with the greatest likelihood of success.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »

AFTER TAKING AWAY MAJOUR MENDING?

The damage shield should last significantly longer on non-tank dk's.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So on live currently Templars are very powerful healers, and sorcs are very powerful DPS, so guessing my next question:

Any ideas in which role are NB meant to be 'very powerful?' The lack of clear role definition and class skills to back it up are really hurting the class. this can be seen in the trial leaderboards where they make up approximately 1 in 10 players.

The change to siphoning for NB is greater than any other class sustain change by a HUGE amount. As a NB tank, i was looking at how my regular group worked and whether it would be transferable to Morrowind. It won't. I run in buffed up and try to pick up mobs with sap essence. I don't use if for the healing, but to get agro. It's my equivalnet of a DK's talons I guess but less effective as it can't root at an 'out of melee range distance' and it needs to be cast multiple times or just doesn't work. So trying an encounter without spamming sap the mobs went everywhere, healer died (then she physically hit me as she sits next to me), a DPS died, then I droped back to current playstyle to finish the encounter. This was only a trash pack in vet CoA2. The only good thing to be taken away from this is I did not need as much healing as the mobs were beating on the others in the group, until they died that is.

If every class is meant to perform every role atleast 'quite well' please try a NB tank in any Vet DLC dungeon on PTS.
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    While I do appreciate that they can't just revert some changes back overnight and so on, but I do recall when velocious was changed, it had a partial reversal and in fact to me it was even better within about two to three weeks or so. I personally feel like they could have made some minor adjustments to show us they are listening to our feedback, to be honest I don't even think they need to change that much back, the only thing I think needs an adjustment is the light medium and heavy passives and maybe some of the class passives.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭

How many dk healers here?
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    tinbromide wrote: »
    Group Finder fixes?

Can you guys take a week off of nerfing my toons and fix the group finder?

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tacadrie wrote: »

Skip it... You seem only be happy, if you are beeing the best of the best. Just because you are not as good as sroc DD you are not a bad DD. I understand concerns regarding DK in PVP, but this is due to the DoT mechanic. Claiming, that every class is a useless DD exept Sorc, is b***s***. You making a fool out of yourself.

All of you asking, why ZOS isn't listening to you: Who on earth with a common sense could even consider listening to someone posting this nonesense? You guys have completly unrealistic targets for the classes. And as long as you don't get you facts straight, you will not convince ZOS of anything, even if they are probably overdoing it with some of the changes...
    Edited by SorataArisugawa on May 5, 2017 11:40AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Lets wait, not very long, for the flamers to discredit it
    The game that's on the PTS already did that.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, there have been changes in each PTS patch, but they aren't the changes you're looking for (sorry, had to get a #MayTheFourth joke in today somewhere). At the risk of regurgitating the same thing we've said before, we do care about your feedback, but keep in mind there's feedback coming from many different sources, some of which everyone here doesn't see (like in-game feedback, for example). Also, we need to take a look at what's best for the entire game and for its future. Your feedback isn't useless - we do read, and we do take everything into consideration.

Thats the thing though. No offense but what your doing is not working. The game has gotten worse. Players continue to leave. Every decision that is made can be explained by your company trying to get every last dollar before every last player is gone.
    So many intelligent players that know your game better than Zos that go unheard. One of the best examples is seperating PVE and PVP. There are few topics that both bases agree on. That is one of them. You cannot balance both.
    Yet you do not listen. Sigh
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My biggest fear as a casual player is that with all the changes that you are making, I will be forced into playing either a Warden or a Templar in order to be able to survive content. That doesn't mean I want Warden or Templar nerfed. It means I want to be able to play the other classes too. With all the changes, I'm not sure I'll be able to.

I'm not even sure I'll be able to continue to play my Templar once Morrowind comes out.

I have a feeling I'm not the only one and you are going to see a lot of complaining on the forums with the Morrowind patch with the difficulty level of the game once it goes live if you don't make any changes now.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Thank you very much for being able to test out your great changes on PTS before they went live.

I was able to unsub before you could charge me another 45 bucks and then happily take a huge dump on my main class.

did the same and used the email address they sent to provide feedback as to why i unsubbed.

Looks like my regular Thursday group night will be moving to another game now, none of us liked the way the class specific changes will affect us (2 NB and 2 templars)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way that class-derived resources have been restructured suggests that you guys want DKs to be far and away better, contrary to what is being stated here. The gap between DKs and other classes in the tanking department has widened substantially as far as I can tell. I get that you guys may intend for diversity within the tank role, but your actions overall don't support this very well. Mitigation is standardized but utility and sustain is heavily biased in favor of DKs (although the Warden kit is also loaded with a lot of great utility too). I think many changes are necessary to bring non-DK tanks up to their level, but I am strongly opposed to nerfing DKs to bring them down to the level of other tanks. We've seen enough nerfs already; let's bring the other classes back up instead.
    Edited by Autolycus on May 5, 2017 1:53PM
  • Sheepfu
    Sheepfu
    Soul Shriven

I'm sure you can excuse us for calling BS on this one... Contrary to what it seems like you guys believe internally... your player base is not comprised of idiots. We can all read the forums both here and other sources like reddit, youtube etc.... To continue referring to those of us outraged as a "vocal minority" is becoming offensive, to say the least. The 3.2 patch notes are 15 forum pages of people who are absolutely pissed about the changes that are coming... and just so you guys know internally, so are all of the other sources for ESO public forums. Stop saying that there are people who want these changes, because that's an absolute lie. The people who are on board with these changes are the minority.. and further more, they're players who don't really understand the gravity of the changes in the first place. It's clear that you're catering to this casual player base with Morrowing, but this casual player base is not the group that's been consistently subbing for the last 3 years. At this point, I think you'd be better able to satiate us by just saying, "Ya guys, F* you, we're flipping the bird, gunslingin' these changes whether you like it or not. Down with the ship."
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Magicka DKs have no business in healing Gina. Sorcerers can heal better, Nightblade off heal with funnel health and Templars are the healers of the game. Passives alone, all classes theoretically will outheal the DK, they were never meant to effectively heal, and never will be in the current state. Can it be done? off course, but the whole group will be losing out from its far better role as a dps than heal.

"Powerful DPS" is true, BUT with a lot of DOT and staying inside melee with light armour, where as other classes go ranged (except the templar, but even the templar can go ranged and be just as good in melee). The moment the DK has to move due to mechanics, the dps drop is massive.

As i mentioned before, this can not be done in Cyrodiil, period. Not a single DK will apply 3+ dots in Cyrodiil, each dot barely does any damage there, since the DK relies heavily on crits for each tick to be anywhere near effective. A templar in heavy armour will cause more damage with 1 reflective light (which is a ranged ability) than burning embers and engulfing flames combined in Cyrodiil.

I get what you are saying, you want each class to be able to Tank, DPS and Heal, but realistically the DK has only two effective roles in PvE and PvP, tank or dps. mDks already had the most expensive class skills, most expensive ultimate (numerous nerfs) and the only class that must be in melee range without a gap closer (please, your chains are a joke in cyrodiil as well as it is still bugged since beta, meaning "target is too high or target is too low") no execute (which is fine for me, but now 3 classes have this ability), unpredictable reflective scales (which can not reflect 80% of abilities thanks to your changes), DOTs do not pose any real threat (1 rendering slashes is deadlier than 2 mDK DOTs), no mobility and the most expensive heal in game (which is even more expensive this upcomming update).

Go play the DK in end game PvE and PvP, solo, small group and large group and you will see their flaws in comparison with the other classes.

Wow, from where I'm sitting this looks like a post that started with good comparisons and points in mind, but then turned into ignorance. I think you went too far in your generalizations, and I'd suggest that you're mucking up the truth of the situation here. It's obvious to everyone that healing on a Templar is significantly easier (and looks like Warden will be too) but you're completely ignoring and discrediting every one of of who has actually been doing this for some time. Personally I've been healing vet trials, including hardmodes and speed runs, on my DK for three years, long before ZOS every acknowledged the class as capable of doing so, and long before the love/hate relationship with Cauterize. I've also healed successfully in Cyrodiil on my DK healer and been in groups that were thankful for me there because I saved a lot of lives.

So while I think you might have some validity to your post, I think overall it sounds like biased ignorance. Next time try to be a little more objective and accurate. It's not like a DK healer is far and away inferior; there are a number of excellent examples where a DK healer is extremely powerful and highly desirable. You don't see it from your top 10 groups or whatever on leaderboards because they're looking for a specific setup that is most efficient, which by definition is DK tank / Templar healer historically. The difference between two equally skilled and equally geared healers, one on a magDK and one on Templar is not anywhere near significant enough to justify your claim here that DK has "no place" whatsoever. That's just nonsense.
    Edited by Autolycus on May 5, 2017 2:21PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then, challenge accepted can we get the video of any magic DK putting out 50 k dps? Anyone, anyone, is this thing on?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.