The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    Avius wrote: »
    It's PTS.
    I hope it will change before release.

It's not, that' why people are going even more crazy then past PTS's. 95% of the stuff that u see in these patch notes, will stay the same.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback on the PTS thus far

Repentance needs to restore some amount of stamina to other players in the group, or it will be next to useless and will hurt small scale pvp, and 4 man dungeons more than anyone.

DK needs major mending to stay for 6 seconds after casting igneous, just like it was before.

Removal of major mending is arguable. Being able to get it from ritual might have been OP, but it needs to be bound to SOMETHING on the designated healing class. Restoring focus is a perfect candidate for this, as it's much more difficult to stay in a small circle than a 20m one.

Redguard change is awful. Please revert. There is no reason to choose redguard over other stamina options next patch.

Siphoning attacks is the only really outlier in terms of sustain, as it is much more powerful than any of the aforementioned tools. I would say revert the skill to it's live version, but simply lower the resources restored and change leeching to a more unique morph. Siphoning is a staple mageblade and saptank skill, and you're basically destroying those classes with the changes you made to it.

Sorcs need to be evaluated for nerfs. As it stands, they are basically going to be the best choice for pvp in general, as well as DPS and MAYBE EVEN HEALING in the next patch. Shields are going to be far too strong and will put the class way above others.

CP changes are great. 10/10. HOWEVER, the CP changes are plenty of a nerf to sustain. The class changes, in their current form, are overkill.

Consider this feedback. Much of the outrage is simply due to the sheer amount of nerfs you released, and making these changes might help maintain your playerbase.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now restores Health and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. It also only restores Stamina to the casting Templar, but continues to restore Health to the casting Templar and his allies."

To say nothing of the countless other terrible changes in these notes...

So you're saying if our healer decides to repent for healing, my stamplar loses sustain because we have to fight over corpses. No, that totally makes sense. Good decision making.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    "Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now restores Health and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. It also only restores Stamina to the casting Templar, but continues to restore Health to the casting Templar and his allies."

So you're saying if our healer decides to repent for healing, my stamplar loses sustain because we have to fight over corpses. No, that totally makes sense. Good decision making.

Who says your healer MUST be a Templar?
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a hypothetical situation that can and will happen from time to time. It doesn't even have to mean the other templar is the healer, per se. It could be another dps or even the tank. The point is you will have to fight over stamina.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

It's a hypothetical situation that can and will happen from time to time. It doesn't even have to mean the other templar is the healer, per se. It could be another dps or even the tank. The point is you will have to fight over stamina.

If you get two stamplars in the same group I would say that's just bad luck.

There are plenty of other abilities for other classes/weapons that already work this way/are redundant such as two DPS using bow/DW where poison injection does not stack.

PUGs are not meant to be perfect group comps every time.
  • TheWiesi
    TheWiesi
    ✭✭
    No color blinds settings?????
    Edited by TheWiesi on April 24, 2017 4:11PM
    PS4/EU
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Lets leave that for expansions, dlc, or whatever.
    which is what chapters like morrowind are?

You have a monster set that can double proc based off fire / lightning and is very easy to manipulate as an example. I personally can reliably get both procs to take place every 5-6 seconds based on my choice of rotations, which nets me a big DPS increase just because of the 2/2 monster set bonus.

What big DPS increase? That set adds something between 1k-2k dps. That's not a big DPS increase. Why are you lying? Like, to who? Devs and other players know and see the numbers and know that there's no big DPS increase.
  • roycemarcotte
    roycemarcotte
    Soul Shriven
    The new release isn't out yet yet the PTS part is already broken. Zos seems to be unable to fix problems. It would be like putting a new transmission in an auto that has a broken engine. Wouldn't you first repair the engine then install the transmission? Nope not Zos they just keep adding more stuff over broken stuff.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's still lunch time in Virginia... so you will have to wait longer for the notes
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the suggestion from above to change the major mending buff to being attached to ritual or even just say that it grants you major mending for four seconds after casting either of them. You could do the same for DK's shield too. 4 seconds is a nice nerf.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wiff_wacer wrote: »
    Increased the drop rate for the "Dunmer Chair, Angled" blueprint to align it with the drop rates compared to other green Dunmer blueprints.
    How about the famous blue Trestle? Does that even exist?

- uh, this is manavortex. I have a second forum account now for... reasons.

Was gonna post about this after I made my way through this thread, if no one else had.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you have the team take a look at the drop rate for this one as well? In all my looting and searching guild traders, I have never come across the plan or the furniture item. I've never seen the chair, either, so I'm glad that's being fixed.

The only 2 Dunmer plans I don't have are the chair and the trestle.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

What's the point of even having classes then? Cosmetics? Aesthetics? Go play COD and paint guns if you only want superficial or miniscule differences between archetypes.

The point of a Role Playing Game is to PLAY A ROLE! The fun is in picking a style you like to play with that class and sticking with it. Knights, Mages, Assassins, Clerics, and Rangers always have their pros and cons. To be able to be an Assassin that can heal as good as the Cleric takes away from archetypes that are a staple in RPGs and separate them from adventure games.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh, you're nerfing stealth damage, poisons, and siphoning attacks...? How does one play a bosmer magicka nightblade after this update I wonder? I can't imagine it would be possible, i mean even now while currently specialized in reduction cost and magicka regen champion points, oh and the lich set, I still find it hard to keep up with magicka regen. It would be nice if you guys would just make the magicka/health morph into a toggle.

This nerf to stealth damage being applied to all classes, even nightblades is a really sore spot for me. I don't know what you guys are thinking, I mean, how does this affect bosmer/khajiit passives? Do I get a free race respec if I chose my race for the stealth damage buff?
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems the only Sets that will be viable are the Sustain Sets (Seducer's, etc.).

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

Heavy attack sets will also, including the new one that does Daedric damage. I've dueled a few people already who surprised me with a crap ton of damage with dual mace HAs. That was before this update.

In an environment where mobility, defense, self healing, and resource management are all stifled, I could see getting heavy attacked followed by ultimate then executed being the new burst meta. Yay for diverse gameplay! :|
    Edited by Gomumon on April 24, 2017 6:36PM
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    Gomumon wrote: »

What's the point of even having classes then? Cosmetics? Aesthetics? Go play COD and paint guns if you only want superficial or miniscule differences between archetypes.

The point of a Role Playing Game is to PLAY A ROLE! The fun is in picking a style you like to play with that class and sticking with it. Knights, Mages, Assassins, Clerics, and Rangers always have their pros and cons. To be able to be an Assassin that can heal as good as the Cleric takes away from archetypes that are a staple in RPGs and separate them from adventure games.

I think YOU are playing the wrong game. If ZoS was going by your logic nightblades, DKs, and sorcerers would not have group heals or be able to equip resto staves but guess what? They do and they can.

You're stuck on what OTHER games do, not what THIS one does.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

I think YOU are playing the wrong game. If ZoS was going by your logic nightblades, DKs, and sorcerers would not have group heals or be able to equip resto staves but guess what? They do and they can.

You're stuck on what OTHER games do, not what THIS one does.

K
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heavy attack sets will also, including the new one that does Daedric damage. I've dueled a few people already who surprised me with a crap ton of damage with dual mace HAs. That was before this update.

In an environment where mobility, defense, self healing, and resource management are all stifled, I could see getting heavy attacked followed by ultimate then executed being the new burst meta. Yay for diverse gameplay! :|
    Yup.

Game will become: "ESO: Cookie Cutter Builds Unlimited"...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

Yup.

Exactly. They seem to be having some cognitive dissonance in the development department. On one hand they're promoting a new class, more sets, a new game mode, niche champion passives, etc. which says, "We support more diversity."

On the other hand, they're putting new players on a high speed escalator, compressing the ceiling for vets, making sustain without very specific sets hard, nerfing unique archetype abilities, and homogenizing the class experience, which basically says, "We want more uniformity."

Dear ZOS, please pick one or the other. Either allow for diversity among roles, rewards and punishments for each archetype, and make more champion passives useful without gutting others; or just do away with classes, do away with CP (or give everyone the same perk as they earn more automatically), do away with set gear, and make tanking, healing, and DD totally dependent on weapons.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup.

Exactly. They seem to be having some cognitive dissonance in the development department. On one hand they're promoting a new class, more sets, a new game mode, niche champion passives, etc. which says, "We support more diversity."

On the other hand, they're putting new players on a high speed escalator, compressing the ceiling for vets, making sustain without very specific sets hard, nerfing unique archetype abilities, and homogenizing the class experience, which basically says, "We want more uniformity."

Dear ZOS, please pick one or the other. Either allow for diversity among roles, rewards and punishments for each archetype, and make more champion passives useful without gutting others; or just do away with classes, do away with CP (or give everyone the same perk as they earn more automatically), do away with set gear, and make tanking, healing, and DD totally dependent on weapons.
    Very well said. I agree completely.

This patch forces players in to cookie cutter builds, using the same Sustain Sets or Heavy Attack buffing Sets, and MASSIVELY limits the effectiveness of your character if you try to deviate from one of their cookie cutter rolls.

New players are given an express pass to "the top", and veteran/high-CP players are getting punished for having played the game and achieved such high CP counts.

If ZOS really wants everyone to be on such the same level; why have levels at all? What's the point of playing the game, and taking the time to get good at it; just to have ZOS arbitrarily nuke 3 of 5 classes and punish people for doing well at their game?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

Yup.

Very well said. I agree completely.

This patch forces players in to cookie cutter builds, using the same Sustain Sets or Heavy Attack buffing Sets, and MASSIVELY limits the effectiveness of your character if you try to deviate from one of their cookie cutter rolls.

New players are given an express pass to "the top", and veteran/high-CP players are getting punished for having played the game and achieved such high CP counts.

If ZOS really wants everyone to be on such the same level; why have levels at all? What's the point of playing the game, and taking the time to get good at it; just to have ZOS arbitrarily nuke 3 of 5 classes and punish people for doing well at their game?

Exactly the point I'm trying to make in another thread. Why even make this an RPG an not just an MMO Open-World Adventure.
  • ian31416
    ian31416
    ✭✭
    This is all so very depressing! I had been quite looking forward to exploring Morrowind, but I wanted to do it with my existing Nightblade (only just converted from stamina to magicka). I really don't want to grind another character from scratch in a new class. Especially as it looks as though ZOS don't want casual players like me who just want to go questing - concentrating on resource management sounds very hard-core to me. Are ZOS aiming to turn this into a professionals only game?
    So glad I haven't pre-ordered Morrowind.
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭

Wow it will be hard not to be toxic ...

First of all YOU're playing wrong game.
    Secondly, class isn't role-defining, some classes have better role placement like dk tank or temp heal, but it isn't rule and it wasn't designed that way.
    And lastly:
    the point of a Role Playing Game is to PLAY A ROLE
    whaaaaat? where did you get it from??? Roles(DPS,HEALER,TANK) comes far far far later when RPG develops and roles became really important in MMOrpg, while not necessarily in solo RPG.

EDIT2: "Role Playing Game" means that you're playing game where you're trying to play a role in created story.
    EDIT: Grammar etc.
    Edited by Avius on April 24, 2017 9:52PM
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Avius wrote: »

Wow it will be hard not to be toxic ...

First of all YOU're playing wrong game.
    Secondly, class isn't role-defining, some classes have better role placement like dk tank or temp heal, but it isn't rule and it wasn't designed that way.
    And lastly:
    the point of a Role Playing Game is to PLAY A ROLE
    whaaaaat? where did you get it from??? Roles(DPS,HEALER,TANK) comes far far far later when RPG develops and roles became really important in MMOrpg, while not necessarily in solo RPG.

EDIT2: "Role Playing Game" means that you're playing game where you're trying to play a role in created story.
    EDIT: Grammar etc.

K
  • knifeinthedark

If you get two stamplars in the same group I would say that's just bad luck.

There are plenty of other abilities for other classes/weapons that already work this way/are redundant such as two DPS using bow/DW where poison injection does not stack.

PUGs are not meant to be perfect group comps every time.

Yeah, because having two stamplars in the same group should always be a bad thing and automatically suck (lol).

Funny you say that, when ZoS claims to pride themselves on the fact that this game provides so much "Freedom." If that were the case, then would we not be able to say any role/class combo (for dps) should work and be dependent on player skill and worn sets, not having "x" amount of the same in one group? In the current meta any number of mag dps can work just fine, funny how stamplars are getting the short end, among all the stamina toons.

I pity them, and I don't even play one.

In what situation does inject not stack? Are you thinking of NMG? Because, AFAIK no one wants repentance to stack (next patch it seems it won't, which is fine, but it should return stamina to the whole group), the guy just wants it to work well, so stamplars aren't utter trash.

Judging by your responses to me and others, I would say with confidence you're a troll.
    Edited by knifeinthedark on April 24, 2017 10:59PM
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by your responses to me and others, I would say with confidence you're a troll.

Very insightful. There's no point in even talking to that guy. I just haven't figured out how to ignore people on mobile.

But you're right: according to recent rhetoric, getting two Stamplars shouldn't be any more detrimental than any other combination. You know? Cause, balance... ;)

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good God, this sounds exactly like how the wow forums were. It's like hollering about something that you haven't even tried yet, let alone on something that is not even released.

NO Stam recovery while blocking, remember that? "sky is falling oh no!"

What, 1T? The hell is that? This isn't the eso I know from beta!

Players will always find the best builds with what they got. If it means you gotta change, do it. Great things happen when you are out of your comfort zone, not in it.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Iron_Butterfly
    Iron_Butterfly
    ✭✭✭
    Request for housing items (if not already included): could we please have diagrams or available from the luxury trader, the following items: musical instruments (lute, harp, tambourine etc) that we see throughout Tamriel and also some waterlilies.

Thanks!
  • Burgererer
    Burgererer
    ✭✭✭
    I like most of the changes, but the Siphoning Strikes morphs seem too trivial and dumbed down for players that want variety in their build. If I'm understanding them correctly, both morphs are going to be carbon copies of each other, but cost/benefit one resource-based character or the other.

This takes away flexibility in a build, and quite frankly, discourages me from getting the skill at all. I was looking forward to getting the current morph that procs on 10% for bonus resources on any direct damage, and the other made tanking/soloing more effective.

Obviously, I'm not threatening to "quit" over this like a lot of other players. But, it almost seems to take away the meaning of the morph by making stamina builds pick one, and magicka pick another.

If this is the correct place for it, I suggest a change to Grim Focus, changing the bow to a passive that gives major endurance or something of the sort; this is merely because using more resources to use a skill that procs off of light/heavy attacks, just to recast the skill again feels clunky and doesn't flow well with other buffs. I'd even think minor savagery would do well, as there's few skills that give the buff. Simply taking the bow out of the skill and at least one of it's morphs would be great.

If nothing else, this change to Siphoning Strikes will make my stamplar tank even more sought after than nb ones. On a positive note, the increase from 16s to 20s will line up better in rotations with other buffs like Mark Target and Drain Power.
This discussion has been closed.