The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• strongarmfield
    strongarmfield
    Soul Shriven
    Are you just trying to keep nerfs to kill on the fanbase. I've yet to meet a single person also on PTS that likes the new changes. Warden is the only decent class PVE wise it seems like as it has the netch for sustain, Templar healing is dead, and Battle Roar is nerfed. Evem then personally the only thing about warden i enjoyed were some of the visiual effects, in all it's a boring class to play. I've played this game since about a month after release. Always payed for Pay to Play and for ESO plus and never took a break from the game in these about 3 years but for the first time having to look into other gaming options. If these aren't fixed before live I'm just done with the game. I know one person doesn't make a difference but from what I've heard I'm definitely not alone.
    CP 800+
    Mag/Stam DPS each class
    DK Tank
    Temp Heals
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Are you just trying to keep nerfs to kill on the fanbase. I've yet to meet a single person also on PTS that likes the new changes. Warden is the only decent class PVE wise it seems like as it has the netch for sustain, Templar healing is dead, and Battle Roar is nerfed. Evem then personally the only thing about warden i enjoyed were some of the visiual effects, in all it's a boring class to play. I've played this game since about a month after release. Always payed for Pay to Play and for ESO plus and never took a break from the game in these about 3 years but for the first time having to look into other gaming options. If these aren't fixed before live I'm just done with the game. I know one person doesn't make a difference but from what I've heard I'm definitely not alone.

If you don't like it, don't play it. Really.

I'm not saying that to be smug or a ***, but it's really the only thing that's going to make a difference in your own enjoyment and with a company's decision making. When a company does things that loses them money, they listen.

Your opinion is completely valid and you have every right to discuss it online, but you'll more than likely be met with a torrent of white knights and sycophants convincing you that you're not, and you're just acting entitled. Having a discussion regarding this matter with such people is pointless cause they don't have power to change anything either.

I was able to get my Pre-Order and recent Plus subscription refunded. If you're unhappy with the product you're paying for, I'd urge you to do the same. Don't pay them just to wait and see and play it by ear. Only give them your money again when/if the product is satisfactory. Remember, gaming is for enjoyment. :smile:
    Edited by Gomumon on April 21, 2017 7:02PM
  • Mackin365
    Mackin365
    After reading these notes O wish I had not bought the Morrowind update and think I will just quit playing the game. Every time I get to a point were my stamina character can breath they mess with everything and screw it up. So many hours invested and money and all they do is mess it up for the folks who put in the time to get where they are so the lowbies dont need to cry about getting smashed. We did and put the hours to get where we are and now they tear it all down again. Strait BS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Mackin365 wrote: »
    After reading these notes O wish I had not bought the Morrowind update and think I will just quit playing the game. Every time I get to a point were my stamina character can breath they mess with everything and screw it up. So many hours invested and money and all they do is mess it up for the folks who put in the time to get where they are so the lowbies dont need to cry about getting smashed. We did and put the hours to get where we are and now they tear it all down again. Strait BS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demand a refund for your Pre-Order! Lots of people have been able to get theirs.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling most people (not all) just coming on to the forums and passively complain, just to throw it out there that they consider themselves "elite".

Oh and another favorite, " I have played since beta". If that's the case then you remember a time when resource management was worse than no matter what Update 3.0 turns out to become.
  • R1DD1CK
    R1DD1CK
    ✭✭
    ESO is Dying .
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since the PS4 release. This is probably the worst set of patch notes I've ever seen go to PTS. I'm not trying to be dramatic. But I have vets of each class and resource approach. These notes make every single character I feel are overly powerful even more powerful, and they make the weaker characters even weaker.

Worst offenders:

Stam abilities didn't need to be made more expensive compared to magic. Magic has endless resource regen abilities and doesn't use their attack pool to dodge and block. My stam toons run low...magic toons never do. This change stinks.

Siphoning attacks: NBs didn't need health return. We get that from endless other sources. What we do need is a way to return EFFING STAMINA since we don't have sets that give us 8,000 every proc, or staminasteal, or anything like that. I'm sorry...what a pathetic change. And right when you're nerfing resource consumption in general. Unacceptable.

Repentance: this was an important ability that helped make stam builds maybe almost viable in end game pve. They're totally not competitive. I'm tired of breezing through trials on my magplar and getting destroyed on my stamblade. This change further disincentivizes stam in trials.

• Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    and the caltrops change will provide an effective group counter to the zergs that all proxy up and charge in with Eye of Flame while casting ritual/mutagen/healing springs/breath of life while wearing desert rose and rattlecage.
    Omg, i need my LOL button asap, I just can't stand it. Just don't. Stop. Stop talking about pvp.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    R1DD1CK wrote: »
    ESO is Dying .

If it's dying, go to the funeral, say goodbye and stop spamming this sh*t.
  • knifeinthedark

Right, game is dead eh? Might as well jump ship now! /bye

Strawman much? Never said the game is dead.

I did say this patch is ridiculous (it is) and the warden will be overall better than the other classes (it will) and that players like me that have been pretty dedicated to difficult content will likely reduce play significantly or stop altogether.

I'm sure there will be plenty of nostalgia seeking buyers that will keep the game alive, but just because it's alive, doesn't mean it isn't garbage.
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

Right, game is dead eh? Might as well jump ship now! /bye

Strawman much? Never said the game is dead.

I did say this patch is ridiculous (it is) and the warden will be overall better than the other classes (it will) and that players like me that have been pretty dedicated to difficult content will likely reduce play significantly or stop altogether.

I'm sure there will be plenty of nostalgia seeking buyers that will keep the game alive, but just because it's alive, doesn't mean it isn't garbage.

Which is why you should leave. Simple logic.
  • ohanlon1213
    ohanlon1213
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax just can't get this "improvement" thing right. Improvements doesn't mean destroy all the classes to make fix overpowered classes. Personally I don't think any classes are op, it's simply that some people play their classes very well. If you are complaining that a class is op then you just aren't very good; it's a learn to play issue. Now that all the current classes are obsolete, the warden is going to be the class that all you cry-babies will be complaining about. But seriously, props to Zenimax for having the balls to post such disgusting patch notes to the public.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawd Dayum ppl still complaining ? Challenge yourselves a bit its a videogame...
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    A sign flashes across your screen as you load the first time after updating to Morrowind "All of your character have been deleted, please create a Warden to continue playing, all stat and skill points have been refunded"
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sign flashes across your screen as you load the first time after updating to Morrowind "All of your character have been deleted, please create a Warden to continue playing, all stat and skill points have been refunded"

Im hoping this happens except it also reads "We have refunded all the money you have wasted on this game by choosing a class we don't want to support".
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasala gets nerf but Blessed doesnt ? Both are equally cancerous and both should have some nerf.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax just can't get this "improvement" thing right.
    Right? You'd think by their 3rd anniversary of still trying to balance everything they'd realize that the issue with PVP (because we all know NOBODY is asking for a harder time in PVE) is that people are using the same moves meant to kill 4,000,000+ HP monsters on each other.

Create a seperate PVP meta. Give skills dedicated PVP morphs that will do the desired amount/type of damage to players. Create a different formula/stats for player damage than for monster damage, so sets like Netch's touch will see more play than Rattlecage/BSW/Spinner's/Clever Alch... Give us gear that adds damage to or mitigates damage from other players (i.e. make Nirnhoned the PVP equivalent of Sharpened).

At least this way, if something is broken or overpowered in PVP, you can adjust it without pissing off the dedicated PVE community. I guarantee people in Cyrodiil/Battlegrounds will still find something to exploit faster than you guys start working on your next chapter of ESO. Which reminds me, if you don't nerf Damage Magicka IX poisons, you're going to get a LOT of complaints.
    Edited by Gomumon on April 22, 2017 6:17AM
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Missing maxillum facial animation and sound at NPC
    36007e85ec973fc9a91e5532145688.png
    8438db0e910d4d8d8b68f82f2a4e10.png - In all quest dialogues
    09005e6ddb69dffdf94c4e006f2745.png
    eba636c4429678cee6e89d3dd87648.png
    5f211b428286e79551645fb1395d57.png
    2fbb3508672cebe54d4b0d51564c1b.png
    ae7c52c546e7daecc7c8c8fa524af4.png
    03d084d4b90b1a194f4a55a0e8d34c.png
    bc296c490d52e572eebf4c493f793d.png
    15f9deaea924ebb1713abbe9fc2783.png
    40acf55b1dc5f9b14bab3077d33bbb.png
    1f0734002f43046a57fe486e067866.png
    Further "mute" NPC continue to spread? Or is it enough? I think on this long list of screenshots it is clear that every second is such. I'm just checking the storyline in the Vvardenfell. =)

Missing texture in two Classic houses:
    1. 2bdea00f01dfac5278906bab48d948.png
    3446b63d0646bc9a545e7e801df79a.png
    d7b431d3dc08935f51607f73fde13e.png

2. fc95b697d55450cab340f8df2a7fa8.png

For some reason they did that the character is now CONSTANTLY taking up arms, no matter how much I cleaned it. After each entry / exit to / from the room, after each teleportation, constantly. In the meantime, I asked to make a setting so that you could turn on the weapon automatically or not, and hide it after how many seconds, if the option is enabled.

On mounts, I wrote, with the screenshot attachment, that there is an animation problem - when a player rides on a mount he runs on it. With the mount that was presented in the screenshot, the problem seems to be corrected, but what about the rest? In addition to guar, horses and some other types of mounts also suffer from this problem. Camels, for example.

Another request: Make animal behavior more natural, as in a natural habitat.
    For example: A deer runs along the meadow, and a sench-tiger (or a lion) lies nearby or a rabbit skips the glade, a wolf walks nearby...
    Predators (wolf, lion, fox, sench-tiger, etc.) should respond to the victim (mouse, rabbit, deer, etc.) appropriately, as in real life.
    Saw - potential prey - began to hunt. Caught - either gobbled up on the spot, or dragged to the den (for the bear) well, etc.
    This in my opinion would very much revive the game world.
    Edited by mainarhont on April 22, 2017 10:28AM
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one thing that makes me happy about all this, i never pre ordered morrowind... the likely hood is that i wont be buying it. feel sorry for those casual players that have been duped into pre ordering, for them to be *** on from a great height.

Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uphnbW3.jpg
    #MOREORBS
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    waitwhat wrote: »
    and the caltrops change will provide an effective group counter to the zergs that all proxy up and charge in with Eye of Flame while casting ritual/mutagen/healing springs/breath of life while wearing desert rose and rattlecage.
    Omg, i need my LOL button asap, I just can't stand it. Just don't. Stop. Stop talking about pvp.

Why? Because you dont PvP , somehow it's not important?! Instead you PvEers should stop crying about how PvPers ruin your game every patch.

• REAPERZ92
    REAPERZ92
    Soul Shriven
    they nerf the cp so all us people that do pve wont be able to do end game because your nerfing all sustain gg zos rip eso
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Swernik wrote: »
    PLEASE fix the streak bug of sorcerers!!!!!!!

Why? You realize 2 streaks will cost you the 30% of your Magicka pool (if you only have 39k) once the patch goes live?

They can keep it like that no one will use that skill anymore lol.

Mate, stop crying. Try some real skill Azura campaign and learn how to play. It is pathetic to see a good player behave like that.

We have a different meaning of the word skill, for me using 3 skills and spamming heavy attacks is not skilled.

Azura is crowded of people with proc sets (Morrowind will be crowded and proc sets will make a big comeback) so for me is not skilled at all.

I also feel punished, not to play in Azura because no CP are fine right now with the current sustain but once Morrowind hits no CP campaign will just be a HA one shot place, I feel punished that someone like me who can do 3 skills in 3 seconds, dodge roll, heal, exploit a mechanic (bash) is pretty much getting nerfed while bad players won't feel the difference (In PvP of course, in PvE bad and average players are pretty much the only ones affected).
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    1. +
    I really like the changes made in the CP System. I hope that this will make the content a bit harder, which would mean funnier in my opinion. Furthermore the more frontloaded system will make the gap closer between new players and veterans. These changes seem to be a step in the right direction.

2. +
    I love the buff and debuff trackers!

3. +
    The reduced cooldown for blocking will definitely make tanking more challenging. This should be a good move, because thus far it was hard for tanks to run out of stamina anyway.

4. +
    I like the immunity to immobilizations after Roll Dodge.

5. +
    To make Stamina abilities more expensive seems OK for me.

6. -
    The Battle Roar nerf sucks! It is the only way to sustain for DK DD’s. If you want to nerf this passive it should be a buff if the maximum resource is below 30,000.

7. -
    The nerf of the Helping Hands passive is too much as well. If you want to nerf this passive it should be a buff if the maximum resource is below 27,000.

8. -
    I don’t like the changes you made to gain the Major Mending buff. In my opinion the ways to gain the buff should stay the same, but I can understand that this buff is too strong. A solution to this would be to reduce the healing done of Major Mending to 15%.

9. +/-
    I like the change of Leeching Strike, but I can’t understand the nerf of Siphoning Attacks. Magicka NB is the weakest class in PVE anyway.

10. -
    I hate the changes you made to the Shards. It makes no sense that these unique class abilities benefits should now be accessible to every class (Necrotic Orb). The shared cooldown with the Necrotic Orb synergy is therefore crap. It would be more skill-based if Shards restore Stamina and orb Magicka. If you want to nerf these skills, just reduce the amount of resources they restore.

I do not like the Repentance change, but if you let the Shards as they are, it seems OK for me.

12. -
    Rushed Ceremony should be an “oh ***” heal, if some drops fast. Therefore it should heal around you, but maybe more expensive.

13. -
    Do not change the Sacred Ground passive. Just reduce the buff of Major Mending.

14. -
    The nerf of the Constitution passive seems to be too high. Instead I would nerf the Wrath passive. Tanks should not do damage that’s a pain in the ass in PVP.

15. -
    The increased cost of Vigor is a pain in the ass, since it is the only Stamina-based heal.

16. +
    I like the Caltrops changes.

17. -
    Do not nerf Redguards again.
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    As a templar healer I am totally gutted!!
    Edited by ravenwendigo on April 22, 2017 2:07PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first glance I'm seeing a load of nerfs. Less sustain, less damage (mighty nerf), less defense (hearty, elemental defender nerf). I'll be looking closely for some buffs and hopefully my character doesn't feel like a shadow of his former self.

ZOS, You've said in the past that you are against buffs to weaker abilities in order to bring them up to the power level of stronger abilities because you'd constantly have to rebalance content to match power creep. Well, with the triple whammy of nerfs listed above, why are you not also feeling as though you have to power down content in order to compensate for nerfs?

Long story short, if my characters feel less powerful after the update than they did before, why should I feel any desire to progress between updates when it feel futile to do so?

Also, no trait rebalance. No token systems. No word on RNG insanity. Pain points are still there but it seems you've focused quite heavily on the nerf hammer this update without any help with some of the issues that are big issues from players I talk to every day.

Couldn't agree more. It's just awful planning. They did not listen to anything we, as a group, asked for.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

In the future would prefer small incremental changes monthly, rather than sweeping changes that cause everyone to rebuild their whole charachter and feel like they are playing a different game. Lets leave that for expansions, dlc, or whatever.

Have you all thought about using some lean six sigma tools to measure performance and in order to make adjustments and track whether the result is within the desired range or out of control?

This would be helpful for making small changes over time, rather than sweeping changes as a result of several systems being out of control.

Id be curious to see a changelog on individual skills and classes.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Reduced the duration of the charge snare to 0.5 seconds from 0.75 seconds, and reduced the effectiveness of the charge snare to a 30% snare from 60%.
    Developer Comments:
    Reducing the duration and strength of the charge snare ensures that charge abilities still reliably reach their target while making it less punishing for the charge victim, especially if they are being charged by multiple different enemies.

Seriously... @Wrobel and Team (or whoever is in charge of that decision) should be FORCED to sit behind their gaming PC and play their own god damn game for once... this stuff is so broken, half the time you can't move.. no matter if you use immovability potions, shuffle, immovable, roll dodge, or even have CC immunity.

People that think that new Coward set will be fun will be seriously disappointed.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    One change is all they need to do. GET RID of animation canceling!
    Animation cancelling is a part of the game, not their fault if you cant keep up

Obviously you have not read any of the posts. They want a way to bridge a gao between new and old players. This would be the way to do it and then you would get to see real skills and no blaming it on anmination canceling.
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind - cool.
    New balance - it's big nerf for veterans and i hate this...
This discussion has been closed.