Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

200k AP/H sitting afk at BB mine

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Valencer wrote: »
    Even if they fix it, people will just do it in some keep in a dead campaign. Same result, just need a few more people to flip both flags.

1 month worth of feedback + ZOS' own common sense and this is what we got. Maybe Cyrodiil needs to go up in flames before they finally start taking anything PvP-related serious at all.

even if they remove the ap reward on Keep and res, there are other easy ways to exploit ap

You can have friends on enemy alliance alts feed you AP, although this is technically (read: probably not going to actually happen) bannable.

But hey, at least you couldnt go AFK doing that, and I rather doubt you could make as much AP with that method as you can with this new one. Pretty much every form of "normal" PvP doesnt hold a candle to these AP gains. It's a joke.

Once again, it comes down to this though: if this were an exploit to quickly farm insane amounts of gold (or any PvE currency) it wouldve been hotfixed days ago. ZOS couldnt possibly send a clearer message than that.

Zos could had hotifx that bug also days ago, i dont think its that hard to fix, and worst case they can remove the ap from that single mine. and even if they fix that mine its still arround 50k ap doing nothing.

and as many said, they could farm outpost the same way.

its not that Fixing that bug would Change the broken System zos intruced
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few comments have been removed and edited. Please avoid breaking the community rules when posting.

Can you also edit the code and change blackboot mine to 1500 ap instead of 6000 ap?
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • neutronenstern
    neutronenstern
    ✭✭✭
    since i know this game i am *** at pvp.

but now, after fighting for this resource over and over again even when i am sleeping (just use auto walk so you dont get logged out) i already got from veteran to brigadier, finally i can mess with some of the better pvpers. its nice, and i think it was necessary.
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos has more pressing things to take care of

36aQUPk.png
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭

but now, after fighting for this resource over and over again even when i am sleeping (just use auto walk so you dont get logged out) i already got from veteran to brigadier, finally i can mess with some of the better pvpers. its nice, and i think it was necessary.

Not sure If youre serious or trolling. In the case that youre serious, what does a higher PvP rank change on your player skill? Bad players will still suck no matter how high their PvP rank is lol
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did NA guilds get banned for this ? There's a random crying about it in zone on PC EU Haderus atm, and I'm too lazy to check myself.
    Options
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭

rank mean nothing, 98% of high rank players are fresh meat
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
    Options
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to make a little bit math:
    you need for grand warlord 64Million ap
    the mine gives 7,2k with Ap-Buff and you can turn it every minute (1-2 times) so:
    7200 x 60 = 432.000k AP/H
    432.000x24 = 10.368.000 Ap in 24hours

64.000.000 / 10.368.000 = 6,172 Days
    means 148 hours afking at this mine gives you access to rank 50 =)

And even if you turn it all 2min 1x = you need only 12 days for rank 50 ...

Why should i kill enemies if i get more ap with turning all the time keeps or resources....
    This System is bad Zenimax really bad
    Ressource should maybe give 500 ap and keeps 1k .....
    PVP should be called PvP
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AP should be fixed to the correct 1500.
    But those crying to have the system revert to the old AP gains are just salty higher ranks that don't want to see others advance because in their day they had to walk 20 miles to school. lol
    Options
  • BooskySG
    BooskySG
    ✭✭✭
    What's the xp per ap? 1:1? If so,CP grind for afkers?
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are looking into getting this fixed ASAP now gang. Also this was not "accidental so some dev can get easy AP" so let's nuke that theory real quick. From everything we can tell, Black Boot Mine always had that server setting for having AP like a Keep instead of a resource and when the new reward values got put in, there you go. Turns out you all could have gotten more AP from Black Boot Mine for the past couple years!
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on February 9, 2017 2:17PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into getting this fixed ASAP now gang.

And for those that have exploited?
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

they can't discuss any actions taken on blablablablablabla you know the drill, why do you even ask ? ^^
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please ban ppl that are exploiting that. You have to start to give the impression that exploiters will get punished.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

they can't discuss any actions taken on blablablablablabla you know the drill, why do you even ask ? ^^

I just want them to be clear for those of us that deliberately avoided this area whether or not we should exploit all bugs to our hearts content in future because there will be no consequence.

[edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on February 9, 2017 3:30PM
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

Please ban ppl that are exploiting that. You have to start to give the impression that exploiters will get punished.

I bet half of the players that posted in this thread are pooping their pants now. ;)

[edited to replace profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on February 9, 2017 3:30PM
    Options
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    But those crying to have the system revert to the old AP gains are just salty higher ranks that don't want to see others advance because in their day they had to walk 20 miles to school

Why should we give People which have actually no Clue about PvP a high Rank, you can zerg to high rank yes but it was slow good player got rewarded for being good but now ?
    People cried in Pve that people which are bad have access to the Vmol-Skin ?
    Cause of using a mistake which wasn't made by players... It was bad designed at that place and here its the same..
    Stop trying to spread salt without having any clue =)
    Options
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭

You know what a Exploit is ?
    In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversia

Its nothing else than flipping a keep over and over again, as i said such stuff was called "Creative Way of farming Ap " from Zenimax so punishing player now would be kinda wierd cause they could have done it also with a keep.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversia

Its nothing else than flipping a keep over and over again, as i said such stuff was called "Creative Way of farming Ap " from Zenimax so punishing player now would be kinda wierd cause they could have done it also with a keep.

You know that a ressource is supposed to give 1,5k AP/hr. That ressource gives 6k...Its the definition of exploiting a bug
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Thank you! :)
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are looking into getting this fixed ASAP now gang. Also this was not "accidental so some dev can get easy AP" so let's nuke that theory real quick. From everything we can tell, Black Boot Mine always had that server setting for having AP like a Keep instead of a resource and when the new reward values got put in, there you go. Turns out you all could have gotten more AP from Black Boot Mine for the past couple years!

I hope that the fix is implemented in the next hour, or at least anytime before the patch next week. If not, yeah I hope at least a temp ban is ready to strike.

But I'm not a fool, this isn't the first exploit, certainly not the last, and actions taken against players abusing them have never been seen anyways.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    I dont pvp much but I hate this kind of crap. At the same time though i feel like its another "gray area" exploit and hard to punish people for it. I hate exploiters but i also hate zos's implementation of such...dumb things. There's really no rule that says you HAVE to defend a resource. Its kinda like stealthing and waiting for an attacking squad to take and leave resource then reclaiming it, only not quite the same lol...there's really no rule that says you have to attack each other in cyrodill...

I mean, if zos couldn't see this coming, its on them. As sad as it is, if you leave something so easily exploitable...people are gonna exploit it. Its a losers mentality, take simplest path to a goal.
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But those crying to have the system revert to the old AP gains are just salty higher ranks that don't want to see others advance because in their day they had to walk 20 miles to school. lol

No, these AP gains are incredibly exploitable and they just plain promote even more PvDooring and rolling over greatly outnumbered defenders whenever possible. It's not rocket science.

And speaking of actually abusing the system... they'll fix Black Boot Mine ASAP (whatever that actually means), and then tomorrow it'll be Brindle/Dragonclaw/Drakelowe in Haderus (or whatever is the dead campaign nowadays).
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We have removed several posts that were off topic or otherwise not contributing to this discussion. Please keep your comments civil and avoid insulting other members of the community.
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on February 9, 2017 3:34PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread is back up, guys. Still no ETA on fix ?
    Edited by covenant_merchant on February 9, 2017 3:49PM
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, actually we are back at the discussion what an exploit is and what not.

As cited by Aspirion:
    In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

Every single player at that resource exactly knew that a resource should give 1.5k and not 6k (and spare me with funny stories like how should we know. bet nobody read the patch notes or flipped any other resource after the update and headed straight to that resource :trollface: ). Therefore it is obvious that it is a bug and you are gaining more AP then you should. So technically seen, yes, this is exploiting a bug. It may harm leader boards (if anyone cares :trollface: ) and depending on the amount of AP gained it could lead to people selling more AP items (and therefore getting gold) then they should receive for their action, which may have an impact on economy :trollface:

And i wouldn't compare it directly with bugged sets / skills as the game unfortunately forces people to equip certain skills / gear while others aren't aware of them being a mess. Joining such an action shown in this thread was every single players free will and they exactly knew what and why they were doing it the whole time.

The only argument that speaks for joining such an action is the lack of punishment from ZOS. And as we all know, they don't care at all. So i guess, feel free to keep on flipping flags at that resource :trollface:

We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Freedom! Thing is: if people do that with resources, what stops them from doing this with keeps on an empty campaign?
    Edited by Soulac on February 9, 2017 3:47PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, actually we are back at the discussion what an exploit is and what not.

As cited by Aspirion:
    In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

Every single player at that resource exactly knew that a resource should give 1.5k and not 6k (and spare me with funny stories like how should we know. bet nobody read the patch notes or flipped any other resource after the update and headed straight to that resource :trollface: ). Therefore it is obvious that it is a bug and you are gaining more AP then you should. So technically seen, yes, this is exploiting a bug. It may harm leader boards (if anyone cares :trollface: ) and depending on the amount of AP gained it could lead to people selling more AP items (and therefore getting gold) then they should receive for their action, which may have an impact on economy :trollface:

And i wouldn't compare it directly with bugged sets / skills as the game unfortunately forces people to equip certain skills / gear while others aren't aware of them being a mess. Joining such an action shown in this thread was every single players free will and they exactly knew what and why they were doing it the whole time.

The only argument that speaks for joining such an action is the lack of punishment from ZOS. And as we all know, they don't care at all. So i guess, feel free to keep on flipping flags at that resource :trollface:

What about people like me, who merely enjoy some War-themed roleplay with their friends ?
    Edited by covenant_merchant on February 9, 2017 3:50PM
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Freedom! Thing is: if people do that with resources, what stops them from doing this with keeps on an empty campaign?

Hopefully players. Seeing as they've removed the empty campaigns, I should hope that people with a little sense will head to Haderus instead of afking during the queue to tf.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Rainuu
    Rainuu
    ✭✭✭
    and why did u do it too?
    ive seen the video

i think its just a way for zos to kill pvp - its not profitable >:)
    Options