The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Trueflame resources should not give any points.

Neoakropolis
Neoakropolis
✭✭✭
This campaign has been reduced to who can cap the most resources in the last 5 min of evaluation. Most people come to Cyrodill to PVP, not babysit a resource the last 5 min, then not give a flying F about it the other 55 min unless some 1vX proctato is trying to farm on it. This isn't the PVP we were promised. This is utter garbo.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better solution would be to decrease the score evaluation interval to 20-30 minutes. This would better enable small groups to contribute to the score.

If small group play at resources was more impactful through the course of an entire hour--vs the final 5-10 minutes--more players would do it. This would have two positive effects: server lag would be reduced with players more spread out and responses to resource fights would be less zergy as there would be more to respond to.
  • Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I think a better solution would be to decrease the score evaluation interval to 20-30 minutes. This would better enable small groups to contribute to the score.

If small group play at resources was more impactful through the course of an entire hour--vs the final 5-10 minutes--more players would do it. This would have two positive effects: server lag would be reduced with players more spread out and responses to resource fights would be less zergy as there would be more to respond to.

This, or having the evaluation be random. Smaller group play is needed for sure, as it is, you either join the blob to take a keep which is worth 1 point, solo the resource which is also worth 1 point or fight on the bridge between Alessia and Sej.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the only side objectives that give any noticeable score , distracting people from zerging around the map . It's only frustrating to the faction that does not have small groups to manage this while larger guilds take keeps . What else is there to spread people out ? We would need even more objectives to be installed if the points from resources were taken away .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on January 28, 2017 12:02PM
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I went to take a resource there were no 'small groups' defending it, and no 'small groups' came to take it back, it was full on tsunami.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pchela wrote: »

Last time I went to take a resource there were no 'small groups' defending it, and no 'small groups' came to take it back, it was full on tsunami.

I logged in yesterday, ran up to aleswell to take a resource see if I can find some nice 1vX.

3 people come from Aleswell, I kill 2, about to kill the third when I get near 1 shot from about 15 or so people who flanked the resource in order to flank me from Ash direction. They then chase me for the next 90 seconds, tbag me when I eventually die, and I just log off.

This game is ridiculous, who knew taking 1 resource would trigger a whole raid...
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

I logged in yesterday, ran up to aleswell to take a resource see if I can find some nice 1vX.

3 people come from Aleswell, I kill 2, about to kill the third when I get near 1 shot from about 15 or so people who flanked the resource in order to flank me from Ash direction. They then chase me for the next 90 seconds, tbag me when I eventually die, and I just log off.

This game is ridiculous, who knew taking 1 resource would trigger a whole raid...

Sounds bout right from my experiences as well.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Hmm. Problem is you don't know how many enemies are on the resources. When im leading a raid on defense it is always a guessing game. Sometimes its one/two people taking a resource/flagging a keep. Sometimes its two raids. If you only send 5 people they might end up dieing and you are cut off from teleporting. Since on average it takes 2 minutes to break down the 2 gates when there a no defenders (not joking, two minutes on the clock and you are inside on the flags). You really need to overkill it sometimes. ESPECIALLY when zone chat is worthless.

Zone chat: arrius UA!!!!
    Me: how many
    Zone chat: a LOT!!!

You port... 5 guys. Wth.

Edit: In my experience small groups dont communicate well with bigger raids.
    Edited by iseko on January 28, 2017 2:14PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a thought. STOP STACKING 60 PLAYERS ON or AT KEEPS. Everyone wants to complain about objectives on a map but no one wants to stop fighting at places that attract 100 players. Maybe if DC would stop being mindless mob blobs or if EP would stop being a zombie horde more players would spread out on the map.

Add more objectives gives more AP spread out players. This apparently has a huge learning curve and most players just haven't gotten it figured out.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Here's a thought. STOP STACKING 60 PLAYERS ON or AT KEEPS. Everyone wants to complain about objectives on a map but no one wants to stop fighting at places that attract 100 players. Maybe if DC would stop being mindless mob blobs or if EP would stop being a zombie horde more players would spread out on the map.

Add more objectives gives more AP spread out players. This apparently has a huge learning curve and most players just haven't gotten it figured out.

Yes and finally, I do not like stacking raids. I do it though.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

I do it out of necessity.
    Screenshot_20170126_203037.pngpost img
    Screenshot_20170121_162024.pngfree photo hosting
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww they're just tired of losing fights, don't be too hard on them. It's probably very demoralizing to have half of their faction farmed by anywhere from 20 to as little as 10 AD up north, they've got to bring the overwhelming numbers to ensure victory.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was my point. If a greater number of resources were being challenged, the response to each of them would, in theory, be less zergy.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The absolute cheek and irony of this post though.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to ensure people stay spread out make the evaluation period 5 minutes.
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was my point. If a greater number of resources were being challenged, the response to each of them would, in theory, be less zergy.

I think they would just roll around taking back the resources one by one. People are more afraid of dying in this game than they are of campaign score. For what reason I don't know since there is no penalty for ressing and there's no KDR.

BG's/arenas while they may not take a significant portion of players from cyro, will leave cyro as almost entirely devoid of small groups imo. I like fighting outnumbered as much as anyone in this game and I'd rather have a nice 4v4 than have 20 meteors dropped on my group from stealth. There's a line that gets crossed in cyro and most players choose the "I don't want this person to even consider the thought that they're allowed to play this game at all and have fun" rather than "that looks like a good fight I'll find my own".
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember back when resources were not worth the same number of points as a keep or scroll?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Remember back when resources were not worth the same number of points as a keep or scroll?

The issue has nothing to do with campaign rules encouraging small group play. It can never do that. What it does right now, is it forces people who care about the campaign to stop PvPing for 5 minutes and run to a random resource and attack or defend it in case anyone shows up. It's a 5minute pvp break. The best solution I've seen here is also the most dangerous. Reducing the scoring time would encourage people to run around and take resources regularly instead of just at the eval, but it will also create an urgency for the big groups who care about the campaign to instantly zerg down anything that tries to take a resource. More than they already do.

I don't think rules changes can fix player mentality. The only thing that can is game mechanic changes. Give me dynamic ulti and the 20man resource groups will start to die down. Make the game about strong characters again instead of who has more players. People who want to do RP war can join an RP guild.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until update 13 recourses base AP 1500 keeps base AP 6000, we will see how those numbers add up on live.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Both enemy alliances are sending massive zergs, so we must do it as well. It's completely out of necessity."
    Every faction zerg leader ever.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Both enemy alliances are sending massive zergs, so we must do it as well. It's completely out of necessity."

Not true. On NA, we have at least one guild that flaunts the fact it stacks raids and is completely unapologetic about it. Its leader considers himself a brilliant strategist because when he wipes with one raid, he returns with 3.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not true. On NA, we have at least one guild that flaunts the fact it stacks raids and is completely unapologetic about it. Its leader considers himself a brilliant strategist because when he wipes with one raid, he returns with 3.

:worried:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Daniel doesn't play ESO anymore.
  • BooskySG
    BooskySG
    ✭✭✭
    I am Daniel
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously @Anazasi . You're completely delusional to think that AD never done that crap at our own home keep, Ash or any other home keep. Encountered the same things happen from time to time. Necessity? Lame excuse.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there will always be zergs as long as the game is how it is

You would have to make MAJOR MAJOR changes to the game, skills, AP earning, and mechanics to fix it. That's simply not going to happen

Will have to wait for battlegrounds to get away from the zergs.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign has been reduced to who can cap the most resources in the last 5 min of evaluation. Most people come to Cyrodill to PVP, not babysit a resource the last 5 min, then not give a flying F about it the other 55 min unless some 1vX proctato is trying to farm on it. This isn't the PVP we were promised. This is utter garbo.

your right, it is quite stupid, and i wish it was not like this.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    This game's pvp was ment for zerging. 100+ v 100+ fights. Only problem is that with cp and gear sets, it strains the server too much causing lag and fps drops when those big fights happen.
    They could change the point values for keeps, resources, and scrolls. Scrolls worth the most (20-40 points) followed by keeps (5-10) then resources remain the same worth only 1 point.

That could possibly lead to more spread out pvp since taking scrolls would mean more points for the faction instead of just fighting for/around the emp circle.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Making all objectives worth 1point was a terrible mistake. The number of threads requesting explanations, reasoning and a reverse strategy is even worse than the Radiant Destruction complains. Yet it took more than 6months for Zenimax to aknowledge that RD was overperforming largely.

I think that ressources being worth 1 point is perfectly fine. The problem is that keeps and scrolls are also worth 1 point. The system should work like good old Thornblade. Ressources at 1point, keeps at 3points and scrolls at 5points. This way, The Elder Scrolls Online would make sense once again. I don't think that adding a scroll in housing furniture that you can purchase if you have the Grand Overlord achievement is going to make the name of the game any more relevant. We need scrolls to be valuable once again in Cyrodiil.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - Could we please review the reasoning behind this once again. Making scrolls more valuable encourage people to hit home tri-keeps more often instead of continuously fight around the emp keeps. During a dethrone scenario, the decision to hold emperor over holding scrolls will be more balanced aswell. There are so many good points to have scrolls more valuable on server performances and map plays, please reconsider this.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, it's quite amusing to see players who participate in 24men ballgroups complain about zerging. Cap your group at 16, then talk. Until that happens, your words will come in one ear and go off the other.

Props to Vokundein, Invictus, Haxus, Flame, Fengrush's squad, K-Hole, Adamant, Rage, Alacrity, No Mercy, Condemned for running medium groups, keeping it clean and competitive until battlegrounds get released.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 29, 2017 11:44AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Seriously @Anazasi . You're completely delusional to think that AD never done that crap at our own home keep, Ash or any other home keep. Encountered the same things happen from time to time. Necessity? Lame excuse.

I never said AD doesn't do it. I never said I don't do it. I never said EP doesn't do it. What I asked was Why in the F*** do we need to do it. I try not to do it. I do my best to take my group away from stacking. I try very hard to look for even numbered fights like defending an outpost or Brindle. But when a faction sends 60 players to capture an objective because you are too scared to loose a fight, it only reflects poorly on the players of that faction. You can be critical of me when I say these things but lets face it the faction that zergs the most will win and that's why this game has gotten to where it is now. Wait till the blobs realize what base AP really means. You will have groups that never see each other rolling 60 deep to take keeps just to farm up that 6k AP for everyone. It will become nothing more than who can take a keep fastest and move on to the next one. I bet they don't even repair the holes. This will be hilarious to watch, I can't wait till Feb 6th, just to see the blob mechanic at work.
    Edited by Anazasi on January 29, 2017 3:11PM