The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trueflame resources should not give any points.

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community isn't toxic enough tbh
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Oh look, it's Frozn trying to shame other players from artificially capping their groups even though I often see his small man in an EP faction stack.

Again, for the third time, everyone zerg surf in this game from time to time. There is no shame in that. Sometimes you are just tired and you don't feel like doing the efforts to fight outnumbered which require a certain level of skills.

Problem is, some people never challenge themselves to go make their own fights and constantly run with absurd numbers zerging one player down with 4x more all the way across the map.

Then they come here and complain about zerging.

This is from this morning. Again, where is your proof that you challenge yourself unstacking from your own faction and do some efforts to help server performances?

Frozn, it's all fine and dandy to talk the talk, but when there are times you don't walk the walk, people get tired of listening to it.

I have not spent the last year and a half on these forum trying to convince, cajole, or sway players into playing the way I think it should be played. So I'm not sure why you are asking me for proof that I challenge myself or artificially constrain myself for the sake of the server.

I am never going to walk away to PvDoor Brindle when there is an epic fight at Aleswell. Perhaps I am something of a masochist or maybe it's that faint glimmer of hope that this will be one of the few times were the lag is bearable, but in the end it's all the same: my competitive instincts override whatever empathy I may have for your ping rate. I am not going to do it ... especially when I see you in the EP faction stack at Aleswell.

Find a different MMO that does not have open world if getting zerg down bothers you so much. Or take a break for 6 months and come back when Morrowind expansion comes out. I don't know what else to tell you.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It brings action, i do approve the changes as it makes more sense for me to take random resources not even considering the Scoring.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look, it's Frozn trying to shame other players from artificially capping their groups even though I often see his small man in an EP faction stack.

Again, for the third time, everyone zerg surf in this game from time to time. There is no shame in that. Sometimes you are just tired and you don't feel like doing the efforts to fight outnumbered which require a certain level of skills.

Problem is, some people never challenge themselves to go make their own fights and constantly run with absurd numbers zerging one player down with 4x more all the way across the map.

Then they come here and complain about zerging.

This is from this morning. Again, where is your proof that you challenge yourself unstacking from your own faction and do some efforts to help server performances?

Frozn, it's all fine and dandy to talk the talk, but when there are times you don't walk the walk, people get tired of listening to it.

In other words, you're saying that to obtain the right to encourage people to cap their organized experienced group at 16, I should not be allowed to solo zerg surf when I feel tired and just want to get into none stressful fights for a while? No. That's not how that works Joy. Try to do some small scale for a while and then come tell me what I should talk about and what I shouldn't. Doing small scale these days is very stressful, irritating and frustrating since people tend to Xv1-5 alot more than they used to and chase you across the map alot more aswell. It is also alot harder to survive with people abusing the proc sets making the burst sometimes even worse than 1.6. I spend 80% of my time in Cyrodiil away from the transit line. I usually start in the morning soloing/duoing Drakelowe because nobody want to do it. Then I either fight between Bruma and Dragon farm until we capture Dragon. You will rarely see me around the emp keeps during the day unless we need to defend or unless we already have all of our home keeps. During the evening, starting at 7:00pm EST, I raid with either Invictus or Vokundein and the moments you will see us mixed up with other EPs represent around 5% of our total playtime. The videos you can see all across the alliance war forums prouve it.
    I have not spent the last year and a half on these forum trying to convince, cajole, or sway players into playing the way I think it should be played. So I'm not sure why you are asking me for proof that I challenge myself or artificially constrain myself for the sake of the server.

Again, it is not about convincing the Teso PVP community to adopt a certain playstyle for the heck of my own preferences. It is to help the server performances, especially at primetime or during the weekend. This past weekend, I was online early on saturday. All 3 factions were at 3bars, which usually result in very stable, lag free, competitive and quality gameplay. But not this last saturday. For the first time in probably 2years playing this game, I saw the server spikes to 300ms early morning because of the behaviours of 4 major guilds running at the same time. Two DC guilds had both 24men ballgroups running, one AD guild had between 14 and 16 and the last DC guild had around 12. How do I know? Because I play with guild nameplates and can easily count the amount of players using the tabard for each of them. Why the server was lagging? Because the AD guild and the entire AD faction was fighting at Nikel against both 24men guilds spiking the server up from 200 to 300ms for a good 30mins straight. Again, at 8:15am EST in the morning with populations at 3bars. I am not complaining about australians and japaneses playing at their primetime. I am just surprised to see the server lagging with populations not even maxed. If those 2 guilds running 24men players with 6destro ults and 15 prox dets per core would run 16, and not guild stack on top of their pugs, it would have made a huge difference in performances, I'm sure. So again, this is not about me trying to convince people to adopt a specific playstyle for the heck of medium group play, I have played in the past in 24men groups and enjoyed my experience (when it wasn't causing that many issues on the latency of each individual on the server).
    I am never going to walk away to PvDoor Brindle when there is an epic fight at Aleswell. Perhaps I am something of a masochist or maybe it's that faint glimmer of hope that this will be one of the few times were the lag is bearable, but in the end it's all the same: my competitive instincts override whatever empathy I may have for your ping rate. I am not going to do it ... especially when I see you in the EP faction stack at Aleswell.

When I challenge myself to make my own fights, it is not to fight npcs. Here is the best scenario I can give you during a typical morning in the EP faction. You wake up without Brk or Chalman or both. Let say EP owns Chalman but not Brk and Drake. EP will be faction stacking to push Bleakers even if we don't have the rest of our home keeps (Drake and Brk). This happens every single time. What I'm gonna do is to ride from Farragut to Cropsford, drop a camp and try to flip it. I usually get into nice 1vXs fights there without too much zerging. Then I move to Drake LM and start sieging Drake from there. I usually get into very challenging fights there aswell. I always make sure to keep an eye on Cropsford and ride back to defend it because this is my respawn point. Some days it's the other way around. EP is faction stacking on the bridge and I ride to Bruma from Kings and get amazing fights between Bruma and Dragon. With players. Not npcs. See the highlights in the posts you quoted for more details.

Challenge yourself. It's all I can say. You may be surprised how well you can do by yourself or with a few friends. It is also the best way to learn your class and you will perform even better when you get back into a larger group.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 6, 2017 12:07PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game will not be like it was ( still laggy ) until there is a group cap of X, and then the Y faction needs to stop zerging everything with obscene numbers. Oh yeah, we need to lock alliances in campaigns so people stop faction hopping to the winning side, because absolutely everyone in PVP needs those extra gold divines Fury boots. More people need to step up and lead the zergs in Z faction and my hedges in homestead better be trimmable.

You can close the forums now.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenge yourself. It's all I can say. You may be surprised how well you can do by yourself or with a few friends. It is also the best way to learn your class and you will perform even better when you get back into a larger group.

See - that two line statement I can agree with. That's all you have to say - don't think people disagree with you that spreading out is good and should be encouraged.

I do believe you have good intent and I commend you for it. But let me explain what I think people have a problem with about your approach - the constant complaining about getting zerged down, sarcastic/salty whispers, the constant preaching that people should run in small groups, is annoying. After awhile it loses all of it's effect. It's as though you think others in the community don't spend their time the same way you do - sometimes solo, and sometimes in groups.

I think you're better off advocating that group size gets capped, that other mechanical things change because you're main strategy for change is trying to berate people into changing their behavior - behavior that is formed around Cyrodil's base mechanics. Just live and let live. Every once in awhile drop a short, concise, positive statement like the one I quoted above and sleep easily at night.

BTW - Good job out there on the field. I definitely acknowledge your skill and don't mean to be too much of a jerk.
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on February 6, 2017 1:13PM
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's stacking ball groups that make lag, not so much random zergs. No real mystery. And, what a shock, the lag benefits the ball group. Some of what happens is borderline exploiting. ZOS has broken the game and won't or can't fix it. Acknowledged. But we can and should shame out the people who are abusing every ZOS screw up to make cyro cancer.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on February 8, 2017 3:59PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's stacking ball groups that make lag, not s much random zergs. No real mystery. And, what a shock, the lag benefits the ball group. Some of what happens is borderline exploiting. ZOS has broken the game and won't or can't fix it. Acknowledged. But we can and should shame out the people who are abusing every ZOS screw up to make cyro cancer.

I love you.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's stacking ball groups that make lag, not s much random zergs. No real mystery. And, what a shock, the lag benefits the ball group. Some of what happens is borderline exploiting. ZOS has broken the game and won't or can't fix it. Acknowledged. But we can and should shame out the people who are abusing every ZOS screw up to make cyro cancer.

Curious to know how does lag benifit the "ball group" exactly?
    Edited by NACtron on February 8, 2017 3:06PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »

It makes it harder for people getting zerged down to cc break in time and everyone die to destro ults.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love you.

Nothing says love like pouring an oilpot over my dead body. :D
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes it harder for people getting zerged down to cc break in time and everyone die to destro ults.

Plus, ball groups tend to rely more on spammable AoEs (not exclusively, but) which are less impacted by lag. As a mostly solo player, I use a lot of charges and longer cast time single target abilities (Dizz. Swing) that are very hard to use in heavy lag.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frozn,

Zerg surf all you want. I don't care and never said that you didn't have the right to do anything. But know that when you are in faction stack and come on to these forums and tell people not to do that, your message will ring hollow. The whole "do as I say not as I do" thing. You don't have to be a Sigmond Freud to understand this.

And for your information, I do get Xv5ed. A lot. Enough to know this isn't a new trend or recent behavioral change. It's not a big deal. It happens. If I can kill one of them amidst their proc sets, ulti bombs, and gap closer spam, then I actually feel pretty good about it. Win for me. Rez at wayshrine.

It's not a big mystery why EP zergs Bleakers when AP controls BRK or the Bridge when DC control Chalman. Let me clue you in on a little insight from someone who is usually not in a group and thus in 100% control of their own actions and motivations (which represents many players in Cyrodiil, if not the majority).

It's NOT fun taking Chalman from DC. Because *IF* you show up, and that is a very big if because of the stupidity one 1-shot gank builds which somehow are a thing in an MMO, there might be about 12-15 people starting a siege only to be wiped by BoD, VE, Saramis, or whatever resident DC horde that responds. How frustrating is it to type "need more at Chal, we have the wall halfway down" and wonder where everybody is even though the server is popped locked. This is what usually happens. It gets old. If I am going to get zerged, I'd rather be doing anything else than firing a siege weapon.

Sometimes, the DC guilds are on the other side of the map and sometimes Pact Militia or a large EP force will reinforce the siege and we will take the keep. Sometimes. Not enough though. It's just more enjoyable to spawn at Sej because there will be actual fights with AD players that I stand a reasonable chance of occasionally winning, which is a heck of a lot more fun than firing siege weapons waiting 30 DC to prox bomb us.

It generally requires a lot of effort and coordination to take an home Keep that has been taken by the enemy. What am I as a single player supposed to do? I understand that if everyone had my attitude than nothing would get done. So sometimes I show up anyway because I kind of feel bad for the 12-15 EP trying to take down the front door. When the DC horde comes out and does its thing, well screw that, I'm spawning at Sej and will dump oil on the AD at the bridge. Wake me up when there is 20 siege there or the very thing you campaign against, a faction stack: because maybe this time we'll actually stand a chance.

Same thing when AD has Ash. I generally find it more enjoyable to do other things than to get ambushed and incap striked by 3 AD gankers just to show up to a keep that has another 40 AD in it. Screw that. I see swords at the Chal milegate, I am going there. When we win the gate fight, yes, chase the fleeing AP to Bleakers. Yeah it's fun. Look there is the DK who talon spammed me, he gets a jesus beam. Look at the craven NB trying to cloak; I saw him gank a level 45 before, I'm dropping an ulti on him. Oh, look the DC are trying to make a stand at the top of the hill: I'm attacking them rather than turning around just to siege BRK.

So there is this paradox that exists: the very reason I get frustrated because there just aren't enough EP at Chal is because people probably think the same way that I do. Who said irony doesn't have a sense of humor? People generally get more out of PvPing going to the Bridge and that's just the reality of the situation. Should I get upset at the DC camping Chal? No, I can't blame them. Hanging out at an enemy home keep is the second best way to get fights (nothing beats the Alessia bridge and Chal Milegate).

Cyordiil is way way too keep oriented; it's really the only thing to do and doing that thing requires a lot of players. And yet some people wonder why faction stacks are a thing.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We all know what it is like to play in lag. More numbers? More targets to take down during a random drop in framerate.

Lag benefiting larger groups could be expanded to 'a greater opportunity to win'. As the smaller numbers need a consistent platform to focus primarily on surviving, alongside the secondary focus of attacking. The larger groups primary focus is attacking.

In lag/frame rate/super happy fun time, it is easier for a larger number to spam attacks, than for a smaller number to spam heals and move.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Frozn,

Zerg surf all you want. I don't care and never said that you didn't have the right to do anything. But know that when you are in faction stack and come on to these forums and tell people not to do that, your message will ring hollow. The whole "do as I say not as I do" thing. You don't have to be a Sigmond Freud to understand this.

And for your information, I do get Xv5ed. A lot. Enough to know this isn't a new trend or recent behavioral change. It's not a big deal. It happens. If I can kill one of them amidst their proc sets, ulti bombs, and gap closer spam, then I actually feel pretty good about it. Win for me. Rez at wayshrine.

It's not a big mystery why EP zergs Bleakers when AP controls BRK or the Bridge when DC control Chalman. Let me clue you in on a little insight from someone who is usually not in a group and thus in 100% control of their own actions and motivations (which represents many players in Cyrodiil, if not the majority).

It's NOT fun taking Chalman from DC. Because *IF* you show up, and that is a very big if because of the stupidity one 1-shot gank builds which somehow are a thing in an MMO, there might be about 12-15 people starting a siege only to be wiped by BoD, VE, Saramis, or whatever resident DC horde that responds. How frustrating is it to type "need more at Chal, we have the wall halfway down" and wonder where everybody is even though the server is popped locked. This is what usually happens. It gets old. If I am going to get zerged, I'd rather be doing anything else than firing a siege weapon.

Sometimes, the DC guilds are on the other side of the map and sometimes Pact Militia or a large EP force will reinforce the siege and we will take the keep. Sometimes. Not enough though. It's just more enjoyable to spawn at Sej because there will be actual fights with AD players that I stand a reasonable chance of occasionally winning, which is a heck of a lot more fun than firing siege weapons waiting 30 DC to prox bomb us.

It generally requires a lot of effort and coordination to take an home Keep that has been taken by the enemy. What am I as a single player supposed to do? I understand that if everyone had my attitude than nothing would get done. So sometimes I show up anyway because I kind of feel bad for the 12-15 EP trying to take down the front door. When the DC horde comes out and does its thing, well screw that, I'm spawning at Sej and will dump oil on the AD at the bridge. Wake me up when there is 20 siege there or the very thing you campaign against, a faction stack: because maybe this time we'll actually stand a chance.

Same thing when AD has Ash. I generally find it more enjoyable to do other things than to get ambushed and incap striked by 3 AD gankers just to show up to a keep that has another 40 AD in it. Screw that. I see swords at the Chal milegate, I am going there. When we win the gate fight, yes, chase the fleeing AP to Bleakers. Yeah it's fun. Look there is the DK who talon spammed me, he gets a jesus beam. Look at the craven NB trying to cloak; I saw him gank a level 45 before, I'm dropping an ulti on him. Oh, look the DC are trying to make a stand at the top of the hill: I'm attacking them rather than turning around just to siege BRK.

So there is this paradox that exists: the very reason I get frustrated because there just aren't enough EP at Chal is because people probably think the same way that I do. Who said irony doesn't have a sense of humor? People generally get more out of PvPing going to the Bridge and that's just the reality of the situation. Should I get upset at the DC camping Chal? No, I can't blame them. Hanging out at an enemy home keep is the second best way to get fights (nothing beats the Alessia bridge and Chal Milegate).

Cyordiil is way way too keep oriented; it's really the only thing to do and doing that thing requires a lot of players. And yet some people wonder why faction stacks are a thing.

Well now you made me feel bad for defending Chalman, THANKS JOY!
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

We all know what it is like to play in lag. More numbers? More targets to take down during a random drop in framerate.

Lag benefiting larger groups could be expanded to 'a greater opportunity to win'. As the smaller numbers need a consistent platform to focus primarily on surviving, alongside the secondary focus of attacking. The larger groups primary focus is attacking.

In lag/frame rate/super happy fun time, it is easier for a larger number to spam attacks, than for a smaller number to spam heals and move.

Fair point, but doesn't that advantage already exist for large groups even without lag?

Lets say I bring 20 players to arrius mine and there are 3 defenders. The defenders will have to spend 95% surviving and healing. While waiting for that chance to do burst damage to my larger group. All my group of 20 has to do is spam attacks on those 3 players to win and on the off chance they try to attack us we can all spam heals for 6 seconds or so then attack again. The large group already has a easier time. If the server was laging I don't see it changing anything for either party. Unless of course one party was laging more than the other.
    Edited by NACtron on February 8, 2017 6:19PM
    Pact Militia GM

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fair point, but doesn't that advantage already exist for large groups even without lag?

Lets say I bring 20 players to arrius mine and there are 3 defenders. The defenders will have to spend 95% surviving and healing. While waiting for that chance to do burst damage to my larger group. All my group of 20 has to do is spam attacks on those 3 players to win and on the off chance they try to attack us we can all spam heals for 6 seconds or so then attack again. The large group already has a easier time. If the server was laging I don't see it changing anything for either party. Unless of course one party was laging more than the other.

Of course the larger numbers have an initial advantage, the point being that lag/frame rate extends that advantage.

If the smaller group has no lag, and playable fps, they'll have a clear opportunity to do what they need to do. Be it run and spread the larger numbers out, or to shepard them into a filtered ball for a bomb, etc All of which takes more than 10s and is exceptionally difficult to do with 5fps.

On no lag/fps, neither side has a solid guarantee of victory.
    With lag/fps, the larger numbers have near, if not, a guarantee of victory.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course the larger numbers have an initial advantage, the point being that lag/frame rate extends that advantage.

If the smaller group has no lag, and playable fps, they'll have a clear opportunity to do what they need to do. Be it run and spread the larger numbers out, or to shepard them into a filtered ball for a bomb, etc All of which takes more than 10s and is exceptionally difficult to do with 5fps.

On no lag/fps, neither side has a solid guarantee of victory.
    With lag/fps, the larger numbers have near, if not, a guarantee of victory.

If both parties have equal lag/fps and it's poor I think both sides might have advantages in different situations.

For example in a situation with poor lag/fps It can be hard for the large groups keep track of a small collection of players. Definitely when there is other opposing groups or pugs around. I have had situations where the lag is so bad that small groups close the gap and bomb with destros before we had time to even see them coming or what they were doing.

If it was a clean 5v20 fight with no one around but the lag was bad I can agree that large groups can have the advantage. (The game would have no problem handling that scale of a fight) But in the open world sandbox in Cyro that is rarely the case.
    Pact Militia GM

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    I think a better solution would be to decrease the score evaluation interval to 20-30 minutes. This would better enable small groups to contribute to the score.

If small group play at resources was more impactful through the course of an entire hour--vs the final 5-10 minutes--more players would do it. This would have two positive effects: server lag would be reduced with players more spread out and responses to resource fights would be less zergy as there would be more to respond to.

Last time I went to take a resource there were no 'small groups' defending it, and no 'small groups' came to take it back, it was full on tsunami.

I logged in yesterday, ran up to aleswell to take a resource see if I can find some nice 1vX.

3 people come from Aleswell, I kill 2, about to kill the third when I get near 1 shot from about 15 or so people who flanked the resource in order to flank me from Ash direction. They then chase me for the next 90 seconds, tbag me when I eventually die, and I just log off.

This game is ridiculous, who knew taking 1 resource would trigger a whole raid...

You just summed up my most typical experience in PvP word for word.

Coincidentally I've PvEed with like 90%+ of my time in One Tamriel with very little motivation to return to Cyrodiil.

The best part - my DW Mag Sorc gets nerfed even further in Homestead since Dual Wield no longer benefits Spell Damage like it used to.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 8, 2017 6:43PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn,

Zerg surf all you want. I don't care and never said that you didn't have the right to do anything.

Here is your own saying :

In other words, this means that you believe that to have the right to encourage people to discipline themselves in smaller groups, I should never be seen zerg surfing. The reason why I said, this is not how it works Joy. I spend more than 80% of my time outside of the transit line and make plenty of efforts to prouve my intentions and contribution for better server performances and map plays for my faction. Everybody zerg surf and there is nothing wrong with that. I explained all of it in my last post that you preferred to not quote and address paragraph by paragraph, I won't repeat myself a second time.

I never said that getting Xv1ed was a new thing. You twisted my words around. I said that it is alot more common than it used to be. Since the new gap closer mechanics, people have been abusing the mini-snare alot more and it is harder to get away from Xv1ers. This being said, I cannot rely on myself and a few others like I used to to flip the objectives during the morning. If you don't mind the horse simulator, good for you. For me it gets tireing to ride back over and over when I feel like only a few players do efforts to get our home keeps back after a nightcap.

Joy, I have seen you running with reactive not later than yesterday evening. Don't give me that excuse about one shot ganks. If you get one shotted with Reactive on, you are doing something extremely wrong. You also said earlier that you don't mind rezzing at the wayshrine and riding back so this shouldn't be an issue at all for you.

Secondly, BoD (Saramis) and VE don't run during the day. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. The guilds running during the day, I mentioned them in the quote you posted that you don't seem to understand because each and everyone of your point here have nothing to do with what I previously said.

Yes. It is frustrating to type "Need more at Chal" and then have nobody to come because they're too busy typing thread in the forums trying to discourage other players from pushing the map during off hours. If what you like the most is to drop oils on top of AD on the bridge and hear your "register cash machine" ring, then go for it. On my side of the planet, I'm going to keep posting in these threads encouraging players to push the map.

Waiting for Pact Militia to logs in during the evening is not an option. People aren't going to wait from 4:00am in the morning to 7:00pm EST for someone to do the dirty work for them. EP needs to step up their gameplay and do efforts to work together. Again, if you don't want to, it's your own decision, you paid the game and you can play it the way you intend it. But don't come here trying to discourage people who want to contribute and work toward a campaign victory.
    It generally requires a lot of effort and coordination to take an home Keep that has been taken by the enemy. What am I as a single player supposed to do?

I explained that in details in the post you quoted. I don't know why I should repeat myself again because you refuse to read my whole post or to address it correctly one point at a time.

Edited by frozywozy on February 9, 2017 5:07AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug