Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Welcomes Crown Crates"

• Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    For collectors:
    http://youtu.be/Tudoo9xgF4c
    Enough Said...
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on November 29, 2016 10:30PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the PTS be updated with these new updates on Thursday as well? I would like to test the new RNG numbers but I do not wish to sink in a lot of my crowns bought with real money to do it.

They could just publish the drop rates which would be much easier than releasing on PTS and having players put 5k crowns a day into crates for a few weeks at a time so we can roughly calculate it out ourselves. It would save us all a bunch of time and effort, but we both know the exact reason they won't publish the drop rates is because they need to intentionally keep those numbers hidden in order to obscure the drop rates as long as possible for those that are easily baited into gambling without knowing the odds ahead of time.

I'm not likely to buy these crates, but with published drop rates, I could make an intelligent, informed decision rather than just having to say no due to a lack of information. Gambling is one thing. Gambling without the odds? I might as well just burn my money away. I'm aware I'm not the target audience here, but I really feel bad for those that are.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 29, 2016 10:16PM
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a gambler, but buying these crates kinda turns me into one. I may just get the feel for it and start gambling with my loyalty to the game. How about I buy the Crown Crate pack and if I get what I want I stay with the game. If I don't I leave and throw my 3 year sub + Crowns purchases in the past down the toilet and flush it with a /wave. Sound fair to you ZOS??

Edited by Logicbomb00 on November 29, 2016 10:28PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadLarkin wrote: »
    You missed the point of most of the community's complaints. This sort of system has always, without fail, lead to a focus on jamming items into these crates instead of building meaningful content for the game in question. It kills the quality of the game in the long term, thinning out the playerbase.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I believe you could calm down a lot of the hyperbole about crown crates if you would pull back the curtain to show us what safeguards will stop crown crates being the main area of the game being developed. If having crown crates won't reduce the quality or quantity of DLC then make a statement, because people are acting like they have a moral duty to collectively resist gamble pots. Silence is for assassins and is not helpful here.

P.S sorry for summoning you on what is probably a difficult day. I hope you saw the many comments where people remembered that you are well-liked, even when people feel a bit angry. And sorry for picking out @MadLarkin 's comment, his was not hyperbolic but it clearly expressed the reasonable fear that crown crates will be what players get instead of actual content/improvements.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    kamimark wrote: »
    I am against WoW being B2P + Subscription AND having a cash shop on top of it, hence why I've never played it. Unturned is F2P from a small developer. It isn't a large studio with multiple revenue sources on three major platforms. CS:GO also has a $15 price point, skins can drop directly, and you can buy what you want directly from the Steam marketplace without having to gamble.

Whether the skin is gambling-only or bought with cash, it's still just a skin. It makes zero difference to your gameplay.

Just because they don't change gameplay doesn't mean people don't put value on them for other reasons.
    And they do actually have the possibility of changing gameplay for people who partake in RP.

As an RPer, this is absolutely true. "Oh, you mean this outfit you would have been happy to buy in the crown store is just perfect for your character? Well, sorry to say you'll have to gamble to get it. Too bad, so sad." RPers tend to spend a lot on the crown store for the outfits and mounts, because for them the look of their character is something they craft carefully and with excitement. But even RPers can see when something is an absolute rip-off and detrimental to the customer.

If your justification for the exclusives in the crown crates is "They don't add anything to the gamplay" then I would ask "Why do they make them and sell them then?" Oh right, because they hold some form of value that makes them desirable to people. People who'd want to buy them using the system that is already in place. This is a silly defense. If they don't matter, then why do people buy them? Why does anyone buy anything from the crown store? Because MMO's, and ESO in particular, have a very large customization factor - a factor that started out very strong in ESO and has only expanded with dyes, costume dyes, and frequent additions of motifs both brand new and based on previously-drop-only gear. This is essentially carving out a large section of that factor and saying, "Oh, is this something you wanted? Well, just go ahead and gamble for it!" It just feels slimy and is inherently detrimental to the customer.

I would actually be willing to concede to the crown crates' existence if it weren't for the exclusives. That would just be giving the customer an option, a choice! Customer choice is good! But it ceases to be a customer choice when you only give them 1 choice to get that item. It's one thing to have only a direct purchase method. No, there isn't much choice but at least it's direct, it's standardized, and it's honest. But I'm not unwilling to see an RNG box system added if it's just another choice for the same items. If you WANT to gamble to POTENTIALLY get the same items for lower prices, then by all means do! I would have zero issues with giving them, and other customers, that option in the business model. If you choose to gamble for those same items then that's on you. But when you have to gamble just to have a chance at getting it, it takes away choice rather than giving more.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the PTS be updated with these new updates on Thursday as well? I would like to test the new RNG numbers but I do not wish to sink in a lot of my crowns bought with real money to do it.

They could just publish the drop rates which would be much easier than releasing on PTS and having players put 5k crowns a day into crates for a few weeks at a time so we can roughly calculate it out ourselves. It would save us all a bunch of time and effort, but we both know the exact reason they won't publish the drop rates is because they need to intentionally keep those numbers hidden in order to obscure the drop rates as long as possible for those that are easily baited into gambling without knowing the odds ahead of time.

I'm not likely to buy these crates, but with published drop rates, I could make an intelligent, informed decision rather than just having to say no due to a lack of information. Gambling is one thing. Gambling without the odds? I might as well just burn my money away. I'm aware I'm not the target audience here, but I really feel bad for those that are.

Even if they gave the numbers I wouldn't trust them, too many times something got pushed out with an extra 0 or a misplaced decimal point. At least if it's synced up on PTS then it's a little more likely to be accurate.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if they gave the numbers I wouldn't trust them, too many times something got pushed out with an extra 0 or a misplaced decimal point. At least if it's synced up on PTS then it's a little more likely to be accurate.

This is very true. How long did we go with 0% Cipher drop rate on live? If Apex mounts "accidentally" release to live with a 0% drop chance, what happens then?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very true. How long did we go with 0% Cipher drop rate on live? If Apex mounts "accidentally" release to live with a 0% drop chance, what happens then?

@redspecter23 @HeroOfNone

250px-House_of_No_Refunds.jpg

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omfg all what people talk about mounts..
    its useless consumables bundles with lottery of 0.3% chance to get a mount
    its 99.3% consumables crates
    PC EU

• MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    kamimark wrote: »
    I am against WoW being B2P + Subscription AND having a cash shop on top of it, hence why I've never played it. Unturned is F2P from a small developer. It isn't a large studio with multiple revenue sources on three major platforms. CS:GO also has a $15 price point, skins can drop directly, and you can buy what you want directly from the Steam marketplace without having to gamble.

Whether the skin is gambling-only or bought with cash, it's still just a skin. It makes zero difference to your gameplay.

That isn't my argument. At all. I don't care what's in the crates. I have no need to obtain a specific mount in order to make my ESO experience complete. I do, however, care about what gambling crates do to game ecosystems. They have demonstrated time and time again to be an exploitative, insulting method of fleecing customers by waving the best collectibles and that oh so elusive "you might get it in only a few tries" possibility in the player's faces. ESO is buy to play, has DLC, an optional subscription service, and an in-game store. And I'm fine with all of that. Companies DO need to make money. But they shouldn't be willing to make it so blatantly at the expense of the customer experience. Meaningful content updates and communication with the players keeps MMO's alive. Crate systems turn them into gambling simulators that limp on in some form of purgatorial type existence. The focus always ends up being what can be made "crate exclusive" instead of "how can we introduce fresh and exciting content?"
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not be melodramatic. This will certainly not cause the downfall of ESO. A large majority of users probably won't even realize that these crate exist.

To the people complaining about the RNG deciding what you're getting: ain't that the same every time you rune vMA, or any dungeon, looking for that specific drop?

To those not understanding the appeal of such an idea: ever bought a Magic: The Gathering pack when a new expansion launches, anticipating what you might get when you unwrap the freshly acquired packs? I suspect that this is a large part of ZOS's intended audience with these crates. If it's not your cup of tea - no problem, just don't buy them. Nothing will change in your life from it.

If you're an ESO Plus subscriber (like I am), here's something you could potentially buy out of the crowns you get with each sub renewal, if you don't know what else to buy with them.

Now my take on these: personally, I think it's these crates are a bad idea, however I have no hard feeling toward it - I will simply ignore it, and I feel they will have no real impact on the user base - they probably just not be popular enough to justify long-term investment from them. Here's what I think is likely to happen IMHO.

ZOS is releasing these as a mean to increase their revenue. They are, after all, a business, who depends on revenue to fund development, pay employees, and reward investors. Seeing how ZOS decided to split the loot tables into "seasons", I suspect that after the first season, the marketing department will look at numbers:

- How much did we make selling crates?
    - How much did it cost to design the exclusive items?

Then a purely financial decision might be made. If they don't sell enough crates to justify developing exclusives, then they will consider their options:

- Drop prices
    - Increase drop rate / desirability of crate content
    - Sell the exclusive items separately, at a higher price than the usual item
    - Drop the whole idea

However if they do generate enough sales to justify the increased development cost, then all the naysayers will have been wrong, and they will keep going ahead with it, with the income increase benefiting everyone involved (both at ZOS and in the player base).

So if this is REALLY a bad idea, it's obvious to me that ZOS will re-evaluate it after a few months to decide how to go forward with it in the future (for the next "seasons").

What I think ZOS should do right now however, is provide the drop rate numbers, which will encourage some people into actually buying crates (or discourage them if the drop rates are too low, in which case I'm sure the community can provide their constructive feedback about what would be acceptable drop rates).

And my personal opinion is, they should not put any exclusive in there, but always offer them separately. Kinda like an auction on eBay: pay less but risk not getting what you want, or pay a higher price and immediately get it for certain. Offer your player base both options.

Offering past time-limited offers is an interesting idea, though the community might have been more open to it if they had announced this from day 1 of the Crown Store, so there would be no buyer's remorse. That's in line with my previous idea of the concept: pay less to maybe get it, or pay more to definitely get it.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't even tell us all of the items for sale in the season's crown crate, not even to mention the current gem prices.
    There are a pretty fair amount of items included in a Crown Crate. You'll be able to see almost all the items you can obtain from a Crate in the Crown Store UI (save for a couple consumables). Similar to the Crown Store Showcase, prices aren't published via the website, but you'll be able to see all Gem amounts come Thursday through the same UI mentioned above.

Paulington wrote: »
    So how have you addressed the backlash from PTS testing?
    As mentioned in the article, we will be allowing you to manually convert several items to Crown Gems any time you want. In addition, we’ve also made the following changes since you saw Crown Crates on the PTS:
    • We increased the frequency that you’ll receive higher tier rewards
    • We improved the duration of the potions received from Crown Crates, but not beyond what can be crafted
    • We recently added Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia to the game so you can craft a 150% XP consumable similar to those rewarded through Crown Crates

Abeille wrote: »
    PLEASE just tell us if there is anything that IS NOT THEMED that is going to be exclusive.
    There will be some new, non-themed items exclusive to Crown Crates, yes. These are largely going to be re-skins of existing items, though. You will be able to purchase these with Crown Gems, and they will be priced lower than the themed Apex-level mounts.

Rouven wrote: »
    Can I convert any crown store consumables? Like the ones that come in bundles?
    No, only consumables obtained through Crown Crates can be converted to Crown Gems.

Ilsabet wrote: »
    Well one relatively positive detail, at least the way I'm interpreting it, is "You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want." To me that sounds like you don't have to commit to either "keep or junk" as soon as you open the crate and get the items, so you can keep your consumables in reserve until you have enough to get gems for the thing you want and then junk them for gems all at once.
    That's correct. Let's say you decide to keep a potion obtained from a Crown Crate. If you later decide you'd rather convert it to a Crown Gem, you can do it any time, even while it's in your inventory.

Thanks for the info Gina, I eagerly await the patch notes to see more information.

I really want to be proved wrong here, hopefully they have been improved a lot.
  • MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    You missed the point of most of the community's complaints. This sort of system has always, without fail, lead to a focus on jamming items into these crates instead of building meaningful content for the game in question. It kills the quality of the game in the long term, thinning out the playerbase.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I believe you could calm down a lot of the hyperbole about crown crates if you would pull back the curtain to show us what safeguards will stop crown crates being the main area of the game being developed. If having crown crates won't reduce the quality or quantity of DLC then make a statement, because people are acting like they have a moral duty to collectively resist gamble pots. Silence is for assassins and is not helpful here.

P.S sorry for summoning you on what is probably a difficult day. I hope you saw the many comments where people remembered that you are well-liked, even when people feel a bit angry. And sorry for picking out @MadLarkin 's comment, his was not hyperbolic but it clearly expressed the reasonable fear that crown crates will be what players get instead of actual content/improvements.

I promise to attempt to contain any hyperbolic statements. :smile: I've been gaming for 25 years and the market is finally (over)saturated enough that I can pick and choose where my money goes. Thing is, I WANT some of my money to go to ESO. I love the Elder Scrolls franchise and was super excited because this is the first MMO I've tried that my wife didn't hate immediately. I spend my nights and weekends working on a game project that is funded entirely out of my own pocket. I want nothing more than to break into the industry which I've loved my entire life. So if I seem a little indignant and melodramatic towards blatant greed coming from shareholders and publishers, that is why.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people complaining about the RNG deciding what you're getting: ain't that the same every time you rune vMA, or any dungeon, looking for that specific drop?

No, running vMA is playing the game. That's literally the thing you have ostensibly been paying for. Sure, you can complain about the drop rates there as well, but at least you're engaging with the content. The problem here is that you would be paying money and probably not actually getting content. And it's not like we have nothing to compare it to, the normal Crown Store is right there. They could just put the items on the store, same as they've been doing, and nobody would bat an eye. It is completely ridiculous to go from exchanging money for goods and services to exchanging money for a chance that you might get goods and/or services.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert No one gives a *** about these scam boxes. Now that this fiasco is out of the way, can we get some info on upcoming expansions and other meaningful content? Watching a khajiit throw me worthless consumables while I *** away good money doesn't keep me interested in your game. Similar practices are why I left other MMO's. Show me screens of upcoming zones and features and stfu about cash shop, scam box bs. Can I safely assume the added income you get from lottery loving peasants will lead to bigger and better content updates? Can I get an eso live or article detailing non cash shop related plans for the future?
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    spiffy_jim wrote: »
    then we'd have to go back to a subscription model.
    Happily.

Ditto there. I never cut off my sub from day 1, and would happily continue to subscribe if they went back to it.

I am currently paying the sub, and would be happy to go back to the sub model. I would have much rather been able to either buy the cool mounts for X amount in the cash shop or have it as a reward for some achievement.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /epic fail
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    PLEASE just tell us if there is anything that IS NOT THEMED that is going to be exclusive.
    There will be some new, non-themed items exclusive to Crown Crates, yes. These are largely going to be re-skins of existing items, though. You will be able to purchase these with Crown Gems, and they will be priced lower than the themed Apex-level mounts.
    Just think, if that had not been the case, you may have almost had muted acceptance.

Ilsabet wrote: »
    Well one relatively positive detail, at least the way I'm interpreting it, is "You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want." To me that sounds like you don't have to commit to either "keep or junk" as soon as you open the crate and get the items, so you can keep your consumables in reserve until you have enough to get gems for the thing you want and then junk them for gems all at once.
    That's correct. Let's say you decide to keep a potion obtained from a Crown Crate. If you later decide you'd rather convert it to a Crown Gem, you can do it any time, even while it's in your inventory.
    Thank you for the information about the exchange rate... 1 consumable = 1 gem.
    I'm actually quite surprised by that. I really thought it would be 1 card = 1 gem. That means that the Poison cards are worth more than triple the Potion cards, despite them being of the same tier.

You'll be able to see almost all the items you can obtain from a Crate in the Crown Store UI (save for a couple consumables).
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So... what's not in the list, and why not? Surely the list has to show absolutely everything that can turn up in order to be fair?

Edited by Enodoc on November 29, 2016 11:14PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One side of this that I have not seen discussed very often (if at all) is how the fact that most of the community is against the crates, means that pressure is put on people who would actually like to use an item from them...

For instance; I don't really see anything I would want in crown crates, unless one day they brought out some kind of ice related pet, or something with white fur, depending on what it is exactly, it could be perfect for my main characters look. (It really would have to be something quite amazing and specific to me)
    Now let's say that once this was confirmed, I bought a crate, with spare crowns, just for fun and the chance for this pet, and I happen to get it, I might end up actually not using it at all... due to the fact that it would advertise that I HAD purchased a crate. I would probably receive untold amounts of hate for equipping it.

Therefore, there is even more reason not to purchase a crate I guess.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    NEW QUESTION ON THE TOPIC

It just occurred to me that as a long time collector of limited edition mounts etc. that this little gamble box debacle might SEVERELY punish me for having spent my Crowns (and RL cash) on buying them as they were released in the 'limited edition' format and supporting the game through all it's stages of development.

Let's say I get the Frost Mare mount in a Crown Crate (that I already have and spent around 2500 Crowns for) does this mean that I'll be able to swap it for 2500 Crowns worth of Crown Gems? And if not how much will the Crown Gems I get to trade it for be worth in Crown equivalency? I mean, is that how it works? That previously released mounts and such that sold for Crowns will possibly be dropping from these things?

Or am I going to be so shafted by the 'exchange rate' of actually buying the Frost Mare when it was 'limited' to getting it in a Crate and trading it, that I start screaming uncontrollably at my own idiocy for having supported ZOS and never stop?? If this is indeed what may be possible now and / or in the future from these crates. The article was a bit vague and I'm still quite confused.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on November 29, 2016 11:42PM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that it won't be possible to convert unwanted collectibles as well as consumables. I literally only want the mananaut hat.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    One side of this that I have not seen discussed very often (if at all) is how the fact that most of the community is against the crates, means that pressure is put on people who would actually like to use an item from them...

For instance; I don't really see anything I would want in crown crates, unless one day they brought out some kind of ice related pet, or something with white fur, depending on what it is exactly, it could be perfect for my main characters look. (It really would have to be something quite amazing and specific to me)
    Now let's say that once this was confirmed, I bought a crate, with spare crowns, just for fun and the chance for this pet, and I happen to get it, I might end up actually not using it at all... due to the fact that it would advertise that I HAD purchased a crate. I would probably receive untold amounts of hate for equipping it.

Therefore, there is even more reason not to purchase a crate I guess.

This is actually a fair point. I've seen some people (not here, but elsewhere on other sites and in chat) say they're going to openly laugh and mock people who sport crown crate exclusives. Whether that becomes true or not, and just how widespread it may be if it is true... I don't know and really cannot know. Personally, as much as I'd almost want to, I don't really advocate for that as I believe in people buying what they want with their own money for whatever reason they want. Even if I think it's a bad move. But that's not to say others will restrain themselves from such. Given how much backlash there has been with no real give on it from ZOS, I wouldn't be surprised if some people did go right to the source - the people who buy them in the first place. Again, no idea how widespread it would be if anyone even does do that, but it is something to think about.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Disappointed that it won't be possible to convert unwanted collectibles as well as consumables. I literally only want the mananaut hat.

It's such a neat little nod to the old guard weird lore, completely squandered by putting it into a gambling box. And after the Witches Festival hats sold so well, I don't even know what has gotten into them.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance ESO+ members will be getting a monthly allowance of gems?

As an ESO+ member, I have crowns saved and as stated we will still see limited time only mounts, which is what I generally use my crowns for.

With these crates we are being asked to gamble for the chance to obtain additional mounts. This suggests that each month we will see 1 limited time mount, over the quarter that's 3 limited time mounts plus 6 from crates.

It begs the question, how much profit is enough for Zenimax and its share holders and have we reached a point whereby profit and greed have surpassed their commitment to quality content and the happiness of the player base.

Zenimax have already this year shown some degree of profit over content. We were promised a dlc per quarter, if we count Orsinium as one, Thieves Guild as half, Dark Brotherhood as half and the latest a rehash of old content plus 2 dungeons as a quarter. We have seen just under 3 DLC packs.

Yet the content for the crown store has been consistent, again reinforcing in my opinion Zenimax focus on profit over content.

From this pattern, which I believe will continue through 2017 we can expect to see premium quality content to become crown locked and possibly gem locked. What I mean by this is look at the quality of crown mounts, which tend to be one model and then successive skins, but now we have possibly the best looking mounts locked behind an rng gem currency. Which as per my first question shows no thanks for those who have thus far supported the game, either through subscription, crown purchases or both.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhukath wrote: »
    Any chance ESO+ members will be getting a monthly allowance of gems?

As an ESO+ member, I have crowns saved and as stated we will still see limited time only mounts, which is what I generally use my crowns for.

With these crates we are being asked to gamble for the chance to obtain additional mounts. This suggests that each month we will see 1 limited time mount, over the quarter that's 3 limited time mounts plus 6 from crates.

It begs the question, how much profit is enough for Zenimax and its share holders and have we reached a point whereby profit and greed have surpassed their commitment to quality content and the happiness of the player base.

Zenimax have already this year shown some degree of profit over content. We were promised a dlc per quarter, if we count Orsinium as one, Thieves Guild as half, Dark Brotherhood as half and the latest a rehash of old content plus 2 dungeons as a quarter. We have seen just under 3 DLC packs.

Yet the content for the crown store has been consistent, again reinforcing in my opinion Zenimax focus on profit over content.

From this pattern, which I believe will continue through 2017 we can expect to see premium quality content to become crown locked and possibly gem locked. What I mean by this is look at the quality of crown mounts, which tend to be one model and then successive skins, but now we have possibly the best looking mounts locked behind an rng gem currency. Which as per my first question shows no thanks for those who have thus far supported the game, either through subscription, crown purchases or both.

Why are we counting TG and DB as halves?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who do I gotta tag to get some info about actual content updates and future plans? @ZOS_HeatherPowers?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who do I gotta tag to get some info about actual content updates and future plans? @ZOS_HeatherPowers?

I imagine we'll see what they're working on when the next season of crates comes out. :neutral:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. Just sell the seasonal items and be done with it. I am a bit of a collector and don't want to go through the rigamarole of converting crap that I already have....
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there goes my blackmane lion..

As we can't convert unwanted collectibles into gems, I can now say with certainity that I won't buy a single crate. Ever.
    Sorry, @ZOS_GinaBruno, but I'll not have my collection spammed with items I don't want or can't use. Should ZOS ever decide to release the lion for direct purchase, I'll gladly buy it. But I'll never gamble for anything I want.

I'd, quite frankly, rather flush my money down the drain.
    Edited by Kendaric on November 30, 2016 12:06AM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • shadoza
      shadoza
      ✭✭✭
      MBite wrote: »
      "ESO Welcomes Crown Crates"

Ok guys, put your hands up, i want to see who welcomes them. No dont be shy, i dont have axe, maybe... no no, just put your hands up.

Anyway, trash for 400 crowns, thats must buy /s :D
      I'm waiting to see what items will be only exclusive in future, I hope nothing. Sadly hope died today.

O/
      I welcome them. I have many crowns and nothing I want to purchase in the store...so now I have a place to put those membership crowns :smiley: