✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Mx13 wrote: »
    Maotti wrote: »
    Then it is really settled, Thursday is the day ESO as we know it dies.

Shameful indeed.

Second time that's happened for some of us. First came after they went back on "we'd rather switch the server off than move away from sub model"

They never said that tho.

CBA to dig up the original interview, think it was from 2014 iirc, but Paul Sage said he'd switch the servers off before making the switch, made a big song and dance about their stance and their ethics.

Here's another interview which was easier to find, he makes similar overtures in this: http://gamingbolt.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-business-model-is-what-the-business-model-is

All he said in that link is that they had no plans he was aware of to change the model. I can well imagine that to have been true at the time, but if you have evidence that it wasn't the case then let's see it. However, there's nothing in that interview that could remotely be described as making "similar overtures" to an unsupported allegation that elsewhere he said he'd rather close the servers down than change the business model.

People are quick to accuse ZOS of telling all sorts of lies and breaking all sorts of promises, but it's funny how when they get asked for evidence they never have any. Then they invariably complain that ZOS no longer communicate with the people who have distorted everything they have said in the past!

I don't support everything ZOS do, and the game is certainly not without its faults, but when claims like yours are bandied about there really is a need to put up or shut up. If you can unearth the quote about closing down the servers then I'll freely apologise for getting it wrong, if you can't unearth that quote will you freely apologise for getting it wrong?

If you want it, you know where Google is. As I said, I'm not trawling through two year old information to satisfy your need. I read the articles then, I read the articles now and I absorb the information I read in them. I'm not doing your research for you if you're not happy with what I've said, but feel free to do it yourself.

Why should I spend time looking for something that doesn't exist?
  • spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Happily.

Meet too - I signed up back in Beta when we it was a subscription model. Most of my friends play either WoW or FFXIV and both games are forced subscription.

I wonder if an MMO has ever gone back to a sub after moving to F2P?
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭
    You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want. Items that can be manually converted include potions, poisons, riding lessons, experience scrolls, and other utility-type items.

As a ESO Plus member who has a lot of Crowns and a beta player who has all crafting skills maxed, I thank you for listening to the feedback and allowing us to sell consumables. There's still the matter if it's worth selling but any crown store consumable is worse than what I can craft. This is a step in the right direction for sure.
    Edited by Aliniel on November 29, 2016 9:22PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spiffy_jim wrote: »
    Happily.

Meet too - I signed up back in Beta when we it was a subscription model. Most of my friends play either WoW or FFXIV and both games are forced subscription.

I wonder if an MMO has ever gone back to a sub after moving to F2P?

No idea off-hand, but then quite a lot have retained optional subs after moving to B2P. Like this one, for example. I've subbed since the PC launch and the only significant change in the way the game has played for me since then (having no interest in the Crown Store or Crown Crates) is the beneficial introduction of the crafting bag, which I'm guessing I wouldn't have got if the game had remained subscription-only :wink: !
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will buy a local state lottery ticket and if I win the mega millions , I'll buy a crown crate .

Just kidding , I'll spend it wisely :D

Can I have like $5.00 if you do win?

As long as you don't waste it on gambling .

No worries there. I was gonna use it to buy almost a half of a pack of cigarettes.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭
    then we'd have to go back to a subscription model.
    Happily.

Ditto there. I never cut off my sub from day 1, and would happily continue to subscribe if they went back to it.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then we'd have to go back to a subscription model.
    Happily.

Yep. Every MMO I've played, I've enjoyed the most when it was subs only
    <Skål> [PC/NA]- An End Game Content Guild for Everyone
    Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this mean we will no longer see exclusive items for sale in the crown store that are NOT in crates? I love supporting you guys, but I refuse to gamble.
    There will still be Crown Store exclusive items and Limited Time Offers. We'll be publishing the December Crown Store Showcase tomorrow, so you'll be able to see the upcoming items available through the Crown Store.

Also, food and drink do npt appear to be on the list. Are those utility items?
    Yes, food and drink are consumables, so any obtained through Crown Crates can be converted to Crown Gems at any point.

blur wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

According to the website:
    "Each Crown Crate is associated with a special “Season" that will include uniquely themed items, and will be cycled quarterly. We're kicking off the first season of Crown Crates with the electrifying Storm Atronach theme."

So let me see if I understand this correctly, what we had on PTS was more than what you are offering each quarter correct? I remember a red wolf mount, the Frost Horse, various other mounts and costumes that are long gone from the ESO crown store, and new things like wizard hat with glasses. Are these not going to be launched with this "quarter"?
    What you saw on PTS a few months ago was essentially all the items that will be available in this first season's Crown Crate.
    Gina Bruno
    Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭
    MadLarkin wrote: »
    You missed the point of most of the community's complaints. This sort of system has always, without fail, lead to a focus on jamming items into these crates instead of building meaningful content for the game in question.

You're projecting from failed games, but ignoring more rational games. WoW doesn't do random, just $25 paid exclusive mounts; it's the very model of conspicuous consumption. And when the first shiny paid horse appeared, the SAME complaints were made, and nothing happened. Unturned does well with random cosmetic boxes, those skins are far better than the free drops but you don't need anything from them, they only serve to keep Nelson alive & coding. CS:GO apparently has the same setup, everyone loves it.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    kamimark wrote: »
    You missed the point of most of the community's complaints. This sort of system has always, without fail, lead to a focus on jamming items into these crates instead of building meaningful content for the game in question.

You're projecting from failed games, but ignoring more rational games. WoW doesn't do random, just $25 paid exclusive mounts; it's the very model of conspicuous consumption. And when the first shiny paid horse appeared, the SAME complaints were made, and nothing happened. Unturned does well with random cosmetic boxes, those skins are far better than the free drops but you don't need anything from them, they only serve to keep Nelson alive & coding. CS:GO apparently has the same setup, everyone loves it.

I am against WoW being B2P + Subscription AND having a cash shop on top of it, hence why I've never played it. Unturned is F2P from a small developer. It isn't a large studio with multiple revenue sources on three major platforms. CS:GO also has a $15 price point, skins can drop directly, and you can buy what you want directly from the Steam marketplace without having to gamble.
    Lead Developer of Hellrift
    https://www.facebook.com/fledglingstudios

"Buy the base game and subscribe to ESO+ for the full experience. No wait, actually...
    Buy the base game, subscribe to ESO+, and shop at the store for the full experience. Come to think of it...
    Buy the base game, subscribe to ESO+, shop at the store, and buy some gambling crates for the full experience. You know what...
    Buy the base game, subscribe to ESO+, shop at the store, do some gambling, and buy the new chapter for the full experience..."

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    d3ce9dbfb546a14485a012eed6bc6a7b26cb6edd?url=http%3A%2F%2Foi51.tinypic.com%2F2najqcw.jpg

Don't forget that, if this was like the movie, you'd still have to pay for the sunken ESO...wait...
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How rare, roughly, will the Atronauch mounts be? I fell in love with the wolf one the moment I saw the picture of it, but I am afraid just getting it would require me to dump an absurd amount of money into crowns with the mounts having like a 0.1-1% drop chance, which would just make this entire thing look really unfortunate and cash grabby.
    Edited by SG_Celerrimus on November 29, 2016 10:05PM
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the PTS be updated with these new updates on Thursday as well? I would like to test the new RNG numbers but I do not wish to sink in a lot of my crowns bought with real money to do it.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit | Furaffinity
    My Guilds: TESO Furry Group | Dungeon Dwellers | Blue Skooma Roleplaying | Epic Synergy

Meow mew meow~
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭
    I am against WoW being B2P + Subscription AND having a cash shop on top of it, hence why I've never played it. Unturned is F2P from a small developer. It isn't a large studio with multiple revenue sources on three major platforms. CS:GO also has a $15 price point, skins can drop directly, and you can buy what you want directly from the Steam marketplace without having to gamble.

Whether the skin is gambling-only or bought with cash, it's still just a skin. It makes zero difference to your gameplay.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.