The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Discussion Thread for Crown Crates

• manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm scared. The missing hairstyles, the Hollowjack, and now this. I realise that I stop caring for ESO. I'm not on the PTS. I'm not eager to help your devs anymore.
    Please. I don't want to stop caring.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    To get a little philosophical, I find it interesting that people (not me) are willing to sink a ton of *time* into collecting RNG cosmetics in-game (e.g. soul shriven skin), but aren't willing to sink a ton of real-world *money* into attaining a potentially much larger collection of RNG cosmetics. I would argue that time is a more limited resource for most folks, and therefore *should* be more valuable.

Is it's because we don't like our jobs, so the time we spend earning money there seems more valuable than time playing a game we like? Or maybe it's that real-world money always seems like a higher short-term priority? Or is it because of a deep-seated fear of death that we avoid thinking about the limited nature of time?

Pondering....

I agree. I have read a blog post somewhere (maybe from Belgian author Ploum?) where the author recommanded to stop thinking about how much money you spend, and instead think about how many hours/days of your life you had to work to get this money. Basically, this replaces "I spend x€ to get this item or service, is it worth it?" by "I spend x hours/days of my life to get this item or service, is it worth it?"

I think it is probably a very good piece of advice.

I think there's a number of factors involved and which ones apply and how important they are is different for each person.

I love my job, I'm genuinely excited to go to work each day, but I'm still wary of wasting the money they pay me. Not because I hate the thought of earning more but because I get paid a fixed amount each month and it's not enough for me to buy everything I want so everything I do buy is one (or more) other things I cannot buy. And there's a lot of things I'd like to buy which are a higher priority than cosmetic items in a game.

At the moment it's looking like the rarest items in these crates will cost, on average, £100-£200 (and that's based on buying 5,500 crown packs which are the cheapest per crown). I could use that money to go on a short holiday, or go and see a couple of concerts, or go out for meals with my family and friends. All things I'd rather do than gamble for a chance at a slightly different skin for a mount in a game.

I also don't grind in games as a rule. If I'm playing it's because I'm enjoying whatever I'm doing, and gold or other rewards I get are a bi-product of that. It's essentially free and has far fewer uses than real-world money which means I'm much more willing to spend it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a silent protest of the upcoming Crown Crates, I am eschewing all Crown Store mounts, pets, and cosmetics. From now on, I choose to ride only the ugliest in-game horse I can find. ;)

Edit: I know it's not really ugly, but they don't have any ogrim mounts.
    yNFIdoJ.jpg
    Edited by silvereyes on September 23, 2016 2:27PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »
    Apparantly, devs want us to hit 100 pages here as well... You asked for it - and you've been heard :s Oh wait now...

This is the thing - people keep repeating themselves and others with the same point - community likes neither this idea, nor the implementation of rng chance.

It's sad that so many people are using a "cancel my sub" argument here. But what else can we do? As a customer, i don't think there's any way i'll be happy or content (even at a 'good enough, harmless enough' level) with this system. And this is the only way i, as many others as well, see to protest.

It breaks my heart how beautifully Pacrooti interactions/animations are handled, and how much of a gimmick the barber shop is in comparison. I'm already guessing how many cool housing items are going to be stuck in crates only, and how there's infinite amount of ways to exploit this system from developers' side.

My sub runs out around December. I'm not planning to renew it as of now.

I've been loyal since beta, if housing options are in crates, I'm out. End of.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK my second day of testing this utter travesty on the PTS.

26 crates now (the equivalent of over $100 spent).

I still have none of the items I want. I am mostly getting duplicates now, which are awarding me far less in gems than the actual cash (if it were on live) that I spent on the crate - not just a bit less, but a tiny fraction of.

Given that I do not want any of the horrible atronach mounts at the apex tier, but I want several mounts and pets at the legendary tier, you would think after spending over a theoretical $100 that I would at least have 1 item that I want. No. Not a thing.

I have 78 gems - still not enough after "spending" more than $100 to even get one of the legendary 2nd tier rewards, let alone the 2 mounts, 3 pets, and a hat that I want.

And I will NOT spend my money doing this once it goes live, because I am not an idiot.

Either sell me the stuff I want to buy (which will get you some expenditure on stuff above my sub) or don't (which will get you nothing), I am not entering this stupid lottery. After $100 worth of (fictional PTS) expenditure I have nothing I want and not enough gems to spend on 1 thing that I want - it's a total and utter joke.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 23, 2016 9:55AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To get a little philosophical, I find it interesting that people (not me) are willing to sink a ton of *time* into collecting RNG cosmetics in-game (e.g. soul shriven skin), but aren't willing to sink a ton of real-world *money* into attaining a potentially much larger collection of RNG cosmetics. I would argue that time is a more limited resource for most folks, and therefore *should* be more valuable.

Is it's because we don't like our jobs, so the time we spend earning money there seems more valuable than time playing a game we like? Or maybe it's that real-world money always seems like a higher short-term priority? Or is it because of a deep-seated fear of death that we avoid thinking about the limited nature of time?

Pondering....

I agree. I have read a blog post somewhere (maybe from Belgian author Ploum?) where the author recommanded to stop thinking about how much money you spend, and instead think about how many hours/days of your life you had to work to get this money. Basically, this replaces "I spend x€ to get this item or service, is it worth it?" by "I spend x hours/days of my life to get this item or service, is it worth it?"

I think it is probably a very good piece of advice.

Sorry but that is very questionable advice with respects to a game - you are comparing apples with vicious angry ravens...

The 'free' drops I earn from time spent playing are gained while doing something I enjoy whether that is PvP or PvE content, I get it from *playing*.... There are not competing real life needs for me to spend on currency or items gained in my leisure time.

On the other hand money spent on crown crates would be real money that I obtain while working at a job, which for most is not as pleasurable as playing a game. In addition I have to pay for the roof over my head and food and bills and other leisure activities out of that money each bit of which represents time spent working.

Essentially there is, for most, an inherent positive value to play time whereas for most, sadly, work is not inherently pleasurable.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7i83J7n.jpg
    Day 4 - No Storm Atro mounts today. Zero mounts at all, in fact. Got 66 gems this time around, and I managed to also get a storm atro transformation (didn't want it, but whatever) and got pretty much I felt was worth collecting. No 5th bonus cards in 13 crates.

Once again, got a hand which had NO collectables, but this time I took a screenshot. Instead of a collectable I got a 150% XP scroll. So, the scroll counts and replaces you ability to get a collectable. No, ZOS. DO NOT REPLACE COLLECTABLES WITH XP SCROLLS. Seriously. Please, for the love of Jone and Jode, don't do it. I'm at 772 CP right now. Do you know what more XP does for me? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. In fact, it's almost insulting to get MORE XP as I can't even use all the XP I've gotten so far. But hey, I got 15 potions which are of no use to me.

All in all, in 4 days, spending all the free crowns (eqv. to $160) I've only got one storm atro mount. This makes me really, REALLY unhappy.
    Edited by Preyfar on September 23, 2016 10:06AM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want from the current rewards is the purple nixad. Spent 4 days worth of PTS gamble crates... and I'm still missing that nixad drop. But I got a crapton of unwanted consumables and collectibles.

No storm mounts either, but I do not care for those: when I will see someone in game with them I will not think "ooh shiny, I want one too"; I will think "oh look, a gambler, poor soul...".
    PC-EU
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, take into account, the people getting the mounts... this is PTS, it is not like the mounts drop constantly, each of the ones that got the mounts would have spent quite an amount of dollars/euros/whatevercoin to get that... So it isn't even good...

Think about this: What do you prefer? That a few people buy the crates for 400 crowns with the current drops, VERY FEW people with how we see the comments, or that a HUGE amount of people buy crowns cheaper with better drops and also buy those exclusives you put for the crates on the normal crown store?
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    All I want from the current rewards is the purple nixad. Spent 4 days worth of PTS gamble crates... and I'm still missing that nixad drop. But I got a crapton of unwanted consumables and collectibles.

No storm mounts either, but I do not care for those: when I will see someone in game with them I will not think "ooh shiny, I want one too"; I will think "oh look, a gambler, poor soul...".

I'll be thinking: 'Oooh shiny - I wonder how much they shelled out for that!' :P
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlienSlof

Yes this one she agrees - if khajiit sees someone with a rare shiny from the crates she will not be impressed by the rare item so much as she will be concerned for the pockets of the owner. Nothing left in those pockets anymore for khajiit :(

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I take these crown gems conversion rates as a massive insult and nothing else. I'm sorry to say this but only stupid and foolish people will be gambling for the items of their dreams with such rates and prices. And I won't feel sorry for them if they lose huge amounts of money to get them (or not eventually). Just don't come here to complain cause you could vote with your wallet but you decided to do otherwise and to contribute to the insulting marketing policy of ZOS.

Before the crown crates were previewed, I was strongly against them but I thought I could buy max 2 packs just to try them out. Especially that there are some past items that I missed. But now, when I know how these crates work with all of those shocking and unreal conversion rates and also drop chances of better items, I will never ever buy a single one. I'm not going to support the policy that insults me as a customer. And I really hope that most people, who are also strongly against this policy and the whole idea of the crates on this forum, will resist a desire of having sophisticated items and won't be gambling for them either.

I'm really sad and a little afraid because it just pulls me away from the game itself... And I don't know what shocks me more: the idea of the crates itself or the devs completely ignoring the overwhelmingly negative feedback.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to test this out today, but I seem to have run into a problem. When I select the crate by clicking the E button, the crate opens, but the Khajiit does not deal the cards.

He just sits there, am I supposed to click something?

29245956583_0c803cf148_o.png

The only option seems to be exit, which still allow me to see the items I've obtained in the bottom right corner preview. With the exception of duplicates, which will only be indicated by an increase in crown gems.

29837551126_2904d6ec2d_o.png

This really takes the fun out of it, so I hope there's a fix for this
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on September 23, 2016 11:01AM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This really takes the fun out of it, so I hope there's a fix for this

The fun? Is there any fun in it after all? :astonished:
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I'll be thinking: 'Oooh shiny - I wonder how much they shelled out for that!' :P

Same here. Third day buying all the crates you can for 5500 crowns.

I got one of the atronach mounts that I didn't want.

Dozens of potions/food I will never use. [when they started the crown store, I bought 1 of the food/drink things to see whether it was worth it; it wasn't, and I haven't bought another since]

Got every hat that I will never use, plus a few dups.

Got the "hairstyles" for Argonians. I have no argonians and don't plan to play any.

after all of it, I have 43 gems for the dups. The clouded leopard senche I would be willing to spend 5000 crowns for outright costs 400 gems. Only 10 more days of spending 5500 crowns a day to MAYBE get enough gems for dups to buy the senche.

And that is if it remains in the gem store long enough. They already said the items in the gem store will be rotated out.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

The Mind-Shriven horse is the trickiest. You'll never know if people bought it for a perfectly acceptable price of 2200 crowns, were ripped off during the anniversary event or blew 20k on crown crates.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clouded leopard senche I would be willing to spend 5000 crowns for outright costs 400 gems

It costs 100 gems, besides, you dont actually get to keep any of the stuff you get on the PTS, so I'm not sure why you're in such a hurry to get that one. ;)

*Special Snowflake*

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a silent protest of the upcoming Crown Crates, I am eschewing all Crown Store mounts, pets, and cosmetics. From now on, I choose to ride only the ugliest in-game horse I can find. ;)
    yNFIdoJ.jpg

I love that horse :(

My crafter rides it since two weeks after launch or so.
    Edited by Abeille on September 23, 2016 11:35AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope all the feedback here ends up being representative of the gaming community here as a whole and no one buys these things as they are at present. If they insist they want these things in the game for revenue generation they have to significantly change. There is no way in Hell I am wasting 400 crowns on one. My concern as with so many others is that the crown store itself will be empty and void of new shinies that I will actually spend my crowns on. Sigh! What a terrible thing they have come up with.

JUST SAY NO TO CROWN CRATES!!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really get why they went through the hassle of creating a system that converts duplicates into Crown Gems, when they could have just put gems into crates to begin with. Instead of Superior / Epic / Legendary / Apex rewards, the crates should just give an amount of Crown Gems appropriate for the tier, so then I can select what I want.

Who am I kidding, of course I get why they did it ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 3. 13 more boxes for 39 total. Still no apex mount. Nearly every crate now is a duplicate of a tier 1 collectible meaning I'm quite often exchanging 400 crowns straight up for 5 gems. When this happens multiple times in a row, that results in a feeling of absolute crap.

At this point I'm simply doing a resource exchange of 80:1 crowns:gems over and over until I get lucky or hit 400 gems and just buy the apex mount. Not even an illusion that I'm getting anything else now. Every box that isn't that mount is just a slap in the face and 5 more gems.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 23, 2016 12:03PM
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The crown crates are trying to turn the crown store into a collectible card game.

It's a little more sinister than that. They're trying to get people used to a system that will be the primary revenue source of Elder Scrolls Legends. Spending over and over and over again for rare cards that will entwine you even more deeply into that game and its MTX system.

And let's look behind the curtain. Is it any coincidence that Heather Powers was an MMORPG adviser on Star Wars the Old Republic when the cash shop became an issue, and is Bethesda's marketing director right as this happens?

That two of her self-founded Game Psyche consultancy services are consumer research and micro-transaction strategy?

I knew she was trouble when she randomly showed up and neutered everyone on stage at PaxEast. If the team fell so quickly and quietly to her Bethesda-blessed direction, then it's pretty much up to this community to make her Enemy Number One.

It won't be pretty but it'll be less laggy than PVP that's for *** sure.

***. The cartel crates in SWTOR is what made me quit that game. Let's see how long it will be before I quit ESO due to the same ***.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Okay guys, been trying these out a couple of days, not sure why they are 400 corwns on pts.
    I like the animation and the way the system works, so well done.
    THe content of the crates are to me very dissapointing. You usualy get one item that's added to the collections system the rest are mostly potions. I would like to see soulgems/repairkits. things we can use at any stage in the game, especialy endgame.
    Other then that I would like to reject a object that has been rewarded, i.e. the nixad pet. When I don't want it I want to be able to reject it and get the gems that would be rewarded if I got it. That way I can be more selective in what I want and can faster pick something up I like.
    The amount of gems you get for items is realy low, meaning you have to spend a ton to get stuff. This feels to much of a strech for me to actualy concider getting these crates... if they were cheaper or rewarded bigger it would become more interesting.

I'm not against it but as is now, crowncrates are not interesting to me as a player.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Sapeterson16ub17_ESO
    Sapeterson16ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It seems like a lot of people are angry about the drop chance of the cool stuff in crown crates. Why not also have some daily quests that reward crown crates? It makes it so people who are angry about earning items only from buying the crates can play the game to also earn them but if they cannot earn wait to get that really cool mount they will still buy them. it makes it so the amount of gems you now get on pts feels more reasonable and people cant complain about having exclusive items in the crown crates.

Dungeon crawler network community member

~esoendgame
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping ZOS will turn around and say "Ok, we have seen the community feedback and we are scrapping the Crate idea".
    It will be a major win for them in the long run.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    Okay guys, been trying these out a couple of days, not sure why they are 400 corwns on pts.
    I like the animation and the way the system works, so well done.
    THe content of the crates are to me very dissapointing. You usualy get one item that's added to the collections system the rest are mostly potions. I would like to see soulgems/repairkits. things we can use at any stage in the game, especialy endgame.
    Other then that I would like to reject a object that has been rewarded, i.e. the nixad pet. When I don't want it I want to be able to reject it and get the gems that would be rewarded if I got it. That way I can be more selective in what I want and can faster pick something up I like.
    The amount of gems you get for items is realy low, meaning you have to spend a ton to get stuff. This feels to much of a strech for me to actualy concider getting these crates... if they were cheaper or rewarded bigger it would become more interesting.

I'm not against it but as is now, crowncrates are not interesting to me as a player.

They don't want to make it easy to pick what you actually want.

They want you to buy more crates to keep trying to get what you actually want. That's why you can't simply exchange a mount you got in the crate that you don't want and won't use for a mount in the gem store. Buy more crates so you can get more dups so you can finally get what you actually want.

This is why the crown crates would be an incredibly bad idea for me to buy on live. I have two khajiit characters. I have no argonians. I have one set of purchased costumes. The only other costumes I have are the ones you get from playing. I don't want to think about how many of the crates I'd need to buy before I would start getting duplicates, with all of the items I don't want and won't or can't use being bound to my account.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like a lot of people are angry about the drop chance of the cool stuff in crown crates. Why not also have some daily quests that reward crown crates? It makes it so people who are angry about earning items only from buying the crates can play the game to also earn them but if they cannot earn wait to get that really cool mount they will still buy them. it makes it so the amount of gems you now get on pts feels more reasonable and people cant complain about having exclusive items in the crown crates.

~esoendgame

In theory, to begin with, khajiit she sees the appeal of the idea and possibly it is the only sort of compromise we might ever possibly get on these boxes of horror.

However this one she has reservations about the crates being given away in any form - either as quest rewards or to ESO plus payers. The reason for this is that this one she does not want any player to get used to the crates or start getting used the buzz of opening them and then feel they just can't do without more of the same.

Give a few sweeties away for free and they start craving more of the same yes? A few little treats to draw them closer.

It is what the dealers of dubious substances do to bring in long term business.

If you understand what khajiit she means here yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have had to recently remove several posts from this thread that were in violation of our forum rules. Bashing comments and conspiracy theories have no place on the ESO Comunity Forums. Please try to keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sapeterson16ub17_ESO
    Sapeterson16ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

~esoendgame

In theory, to begin with, khajiit she sees the appeal of the idea and possibly it is the only sort of compromise we might ever possibly get on these boxes of horror.

However this one she has reservations about the crates being given away in any form - either as quest rewards or to ESO plus payers. The reason for this is that this one she does not want any player to get used to the crates or start getting used the buzz of opening them and then feel they just can't do without more of the same.

Give a few sweeties away for free and they start craving more of the same yes? A few little treats to draw them closer.

It is what the dealers of dubious substances do to bring in long term business.

If you understand what khajiit she means here yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

i know exactly what you mean. i did read the article aggelos posted in our discord about "whales" who are people who spend enormous amounts of money on stuff like this because they become addicted. But i was thinking of another game that i like to play where there are lockboxes and you get them by leveling up or you can buy them.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on day 4. My second account got a mind shriven horse (I already have it on both accts on live), a battlemage outfit I don't want, a storm atro juggle (underwhelming), and enveloping scales (for argonian)...And a bunch of duplicates that still only brought me to 170 gems.

My main account for day 4 got an evening dress (I didn't want it then, I don't now), a dwarf mage hat (don't want), a clever man hat (also don't want), arubic symbols skin (another I have no use for), a bunch of duplicates, and a total of 155 gems (after 4 days, none spent). That's not including all the junk potions and other useless stuff.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil