The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    so you are making a break for a few gyus that could get rollbacks for 2-3h of their work.
    and the maintenance is taking hours. so you basically steal everybody those hours only so few can keep those hours?

So for those who think @laksikus is correct in this, let's explain: If there is a problem with rollbacks, it means that each character is potentially experiencing rollbacks. And the rollbacks can potentially occur multiple times. And this isn't time you don't get to play; it's time you played that disappears.

So ponder the part about occurring multiple times.

You can lose a couple of hours once to fix this problem. Or you could lose a couple of hours multiple times because nobody wants to log out long enough to fix it.
    Seriously, take all the time you need. People need to chill. Seriously. If they didn't have time to give notice, what does that tell you about the severity of the problem? Use your head ffs.

It tells us that they didn't take the time to warn people. Seriously and ffs. The servers didn't crash. They took them down. Yes, to fix a real issue that needed to be fixed. But yes, taken down means you have time to tell people "servers are coming down immediately".

Not rocket science there.

Ok so this discussion has been goin on for 42 Minutes now, They didnt tell us the servers went down, if there is Player roll back they did it due to a serious issue, They clearly are not doin it for *** & giggles to laugh at the customer base. By us all saying "We should have gotten a warning" it wont stop them to read these posts, there working on a FIX and could care less what we are complaining or Whining about at the moment & if this FIX helps, then some of us are for the server take down whether they TOLD us or they DIDNT. Point is its done and thats it, we can accept it or continue Raging (personally id say to continue as it gives some of us stuff to read).
    Edited by Immortal_Dark410 on September 14, 2016 6:47PM
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp, least I can concentrate on my homework for a couple of hours!
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    Okay ladies, it's time to stop whining. You mean you just want problems to continue to persist? Let me direct you to a once glorious MMORPG from the mid 1990's; Ultima Online... Sub required and you'll get to enjoy all the *** experiences with no down time. Be greatful that ZOS recognizes problems and goes in to fix them instead of letting problems persist.[
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Consider the alternative for a minute. The earlier login issues are fixed and you can get back into the game. The root cause of the login issues remains unfixed, but ZOS wants you to be able to play.

Because they did not fix the root cause, everyone keeps getting indeterminate and spasmodic rollbacks. Which is worse - indefinite rollbacks until the next scheduled maintenance, which is five days away, or maintenance now to fix the root cause, and no more rollbacks?

It's not that they didn't fix the root cause, it's that, historically, they CANT fix the root cause of pretty much anything.

Past bug fixes they DID fix beg to differ. Seriously stop being so bitter, you're making medicine look yummy.[/quote

You're going to defend anything and everything that ZoS does, so I really could care less about how bitter you think I am.

XBox NA
    Options
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    Krenthal wrote: »
    Well I haven't played SWTOR in a few months..
    tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

Oh my gosh you people complain to freaking much, if they didn't do this, the game would be complete junk, what would you rather have? Lots of maintenance to get a problem fixed, or have it where it's not and get kicked, get viruses, and a bunch of other stuff all the time, I seriously doubt anyone here could do better, so quit your griping and complaining, either get on PTS, another game, or just be quiet.

Oh Reeeaaahhhllllyy, (Ace Ventura voice). Where I work, you have one maybe two major chances, you screw up on a regular basis you are fired, No questions asked. You take the walk of shame to HR and out the door you go. This is from a blue collar worker.

I deal with multi million contracts every day. You you would be surprised at what can kill a contract. To lock out you entire userbase on a weekly basis.... :neutral:

I guess quality testing is beyond their grasp.

Yes but you're not exactly doing this job are you? You need to realize that, with a game this big, there will be a lot of hidden bugs, massive coding, and all that, it's really hard to weed out all the bugs and glitches in a couple of minutes, people being impatient is why major bugs like these still exist, people just don't know what patients is.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess I will be playing some Hatred (the game) now to get chilled again!!!

Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theoverd wrote: »
    Those "useless employees" make playing this game possible in the first place.
    There are some problems in your logic: we can't play, it's just impossible.

Is that so? Because in a couple of hours we will be playing, and before this started we were playing. In fact, even now we are playing the forums! I see no flawed logic.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I bought and applied some bank and inventory slots on both PC servers within the last day or two, I hope I don't have to rebuy them. :(
    Options
  • ajback_ESO
    ajback_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.
    Certifications:
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security +
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA
    Microsoft MTA
    Microsoft MCSA

Dual ASUS 27" VE278H Monitors
    Razer H-440 Case (Whats Inside?)
    GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
    i7-6800 CPU
    MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
    Corsair H115i Cooling System
    Corsair CS750M Power Supply

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    Razer Leviathan
    Razer Firefly
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parafrost wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS I will make this simple and to the point. You need to get your act together. These down times are getting old especially for those of us who are paid subscribers and are missing out on game time with no reimbursement.

I am a paid subscriber, and I expect no reimbursement for them doing their jobs. It's not like ESO+ costs $50 a month you know...

What game costs 50 dollars a month wtf?!?

All of them did, and more, prior to commerce becoming legal on the internet. You paid by the hour....anywhere from 3-12 dollars.

And, in those games, when the server went down it was the developer who was howling....their income had suddenly ceased.

Worked for one of those....even the president of the company had beeper duty.
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many maintenance downtimes does ZoS need a week?

Twice now.

Three times soon.

Then four times?

Have they completely lost it?

Or should they you know actually test.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on September 14, 2016 6:47PM
    Options
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we normally make every effort to give in-game notice when we're bringing a server offline, we wanted to expedite it in this particular case to prevent further loss of progress that some of you had already run into. Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect downtime to be at least a couple hours. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

Gina, you posted notice of it going down here long before the server was switched off in game. One of the guild guys said the servers were going down and we thought he was joking around.
    Sorry, but there are way more people in game than on the forum and there is ABSOLUTELY no reason not to give even a five minute warning.
    It is rude and a very stupid way to treat customers, because that's what we are. Customers. And this customer is very very cross.

Customers are people that walk into a store, buy something, then go home and (typically) never deal with those employees ever again. If anything we are consumers rather than customers. Also not everyone pays for this game. At MOST, they buy the game and that's it. Further payment is optional and on you. Why don't people get that? Seriously they think they are entitled to legit trash talking Zenimax just because they buy crowns and/or sub...

Would love to have you as a customer,
    seems very easy to please.
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider the alternative for a minute. The earlier login issues are fixed and you can get back into the game. The root cause of the login issues remains unfixed, but ZOS wants you to be able to play.

Because they did not fix the root cause, everyone keeps getting indeterminate and spasmodic rollbacks. Which is worse - indefinite rollbacks until the next scheduled maintenance, which is five days away, or maintenance now to fix the root cause, and no more rollbacks?

It's not that they didn't fix the root cause, it's that, historically, they CANT fix the root cause of pretty much anything.

Past bug fixes they DID fix beg to differ. Seriously stop being so bitter, you're making medicine look yummy.

Since you're going to defend anything and everything that ZoS does, no matter what, I really couldn't care less about how bitter you think I am. Thanks for the commentary, though.
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on September 14, 2016 6:48PM

XBox NA
    Options
  • dagothursvk
    dagothursvk
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS should consider changing their tech support after recent months of terrible server availability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qBpDVvnKY
    Edited by dagothursvk on September 14, 2016 6:49PM
    Options
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just over here waiting for it to come back on like.......

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    Welp, least I can concentrate on my homework for a couple of hours!

hey AJTC lol ya that prob best idea :lol:
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Offline!!!!

damn.... :(
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.

Name one game that doesn't have sudden issues like this, and I'll tell you you are lying. Does that mean they aren't doing their job? No, it does not. *** happens, deal with it.

I'll name you a game that KEEPS having constant prime time issues like this, ESO.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    >The connection issues for the megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

>We are currently performing maintenance on the ESO megaservers. Please visit this thread for details and updates: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/291549

oookay you might want to remove one of those. coz its still down

Well one is there until the issues are completely resolved and the other is current state of affairs. If they remove the pretty blue one they'll just have to put it back after maintenance concludes anyway lol
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she understands the poopy happens yes.

But even this one notices the sandbox has been quite full lately.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    so you are making a break for a few gyus that could get rollbacks for 2-3h of their work.
    and the maintenance is taking hours. so you basically steal everybody those hours only so few can keep those hours?

So for those who think @laksikus is correct in this, let's explain: If there is a problem with rollbacks, it means that each character is potentially experiencing rollbacks. And the rollbacks can potentially occur multiple times. And this isn't time you don't get to play; it's time you played that disappears.

So ponder the part about occurring multiple times.

You can lose a couple of hours once to fix this problem. Or you could lose a couple of hours multiple times because nobody wants to log out long enough to fix it.
    Seriously, take all the time you need. People need to chill. Seriously. If they didn't have time to give notice, what does that tell you about the severity of the problem? Use your head ffs.

It tells us that they didn't take the time to warn people. Seriously and ffs. The servers didn't crash. They took them down. Yes, to fix a real issue that needed to be fixed. But yes, taken down means you have time to tell people "servers are coming down immediately".

Not rocket science there.

Ok so this discussion has been goin on for 42 Minutes now, They didnt tell us the servers went down, if there is Player roll back they did it due to a serious issue, They clearly are not doin it for *** & giggles to laugh at the customer base. By us all saying "We should have gotten a warning" it wont stop them to read these posts, there working on a FIX and could care less what we are complaining or Whining about at the moment & if this FIX helps, then some of us are for the server take down whether they TOLD us or they DIDNT. Point is its done and thats it, we can accept it or continue Raging (personally id say to continue as it gives some of us stuff to read).

If you need to bring down full service to fix something on an application server, then your distributed architecture might need to be reviewed.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    i heard ppl that left the server and finally got login had between 45 mins and 2 hour rollbacks. i was on still, fishing, had no rollback, ppl in cyro that stayed on kept their ap. gina said they brought it down with no warning to avoid further rollbacks...
    Aye, given that the server issues presumably started at around 3pm UTC (11am EDT, 4pm BST), based on Gina's first post, and the servers went down for maintenance at 6pm UTC (2pm EDT, 7pm BST), I would expect the maximum rollback loss to be around 3 hours.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    I have not time to play everyday but from the past 5 times I had time 3 times the servers were down. Can be conincidence but however I cant remember any mmo where this was the case during the past 10 years. And even if these mmos where down unexpected there was always a compensation for each single time.

Hacks, exploits everywhere in pvp. Bugged sets not fixed for ages. Loading times in cyrodiil of 5 min. Server downs over and over. I never ever played an mmo with such low quality.

Imagine you have 1 hour time to play you got to cyro -> 5 min loading time to travel -> you spawn at start cause battle is over -> you ride to your mates -> being ganked because you are to late -> 5 min loading screen to respawn. Half an hour is over just with riding and loading screens. And then you have a 1v1 against a player on top of the leaderboard where your oppenent is running faster than you with sprint and speedbuff and still can use abilities. Report these guys does not help. Nothing happens.

If it wouldnt be principly that good from its concept and combat system I would have quit long ago. Actually I didnt but it becomes exhausting meanwhile. Its not the down times alone which annoys me. Its the whole package together.

Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While we normally make every effort to give in-game notice when we're bringing a server offline, we wanted to expedite it in this particular case to prevent further loss of progress that some of you had already run into. Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect downtime to be at least a couple hours. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

While we appreciate what you were trying to do.... 5 more minutes delay to warn us wouldn't have made a difference for rollback but you have to understand how utterly frustrating it is to have been in the middle of a big fight, or a dungeon, or a trial, or mail, or any number of things you WOULD HAVE WAITED TO EVEN START with a little warning, and suddenly be disconnected. For a couple hours. with no idea where your character will even be when you come back. How many accounts will need inventory corrections now because of items stuck in limbo when they would have delayed sending that mail or listing in guild store oct when they went down? I know _I'VE lost stuff that way and it was never returned to me. :( Not cool ZOS, not professional.

Your character will be back to where they were after the servers went back online, as I suspect that is how far rolled back everyone will be. Would've been less professional to let people continue playing on a server not storing data by the way.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 6:50PM
    Options
  • ashfault
    ashfault
    ✭✭
    tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

Oh my gosh you people complain to freaking much, if they didn't do this, the game would be complete junk, what would you rather have? Lots of maintenance to get a problem fixed, or have it where it's not and get kicked, get viruses, and a bunch of other stuff all the time, I seriously doubt anyone here could do better, so quit your griping and complaining, either get on PTS, another game, or just be quiet.

Honestly Darkness, all we are asking for is a warning....you know the countdown saying the server is going down...you have played this game long enough to notice that they usually give you a countdown right?

food for thought: So if they normally give warning but didn't give warning maybe they did not have time for said warning?
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 14, 2016 7:27PM
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all these white knights. ZoS isn't going to sleep with you guys. You know that, right?
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on September 14, 2016 6:52PM

XBox NA
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    More rage posts please. I still have 6.5 hours at work with nothing left to read.

Better make sure you have plenty of popcorn! You'll need it...
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand i see some friends are playing in eso now and so it stand in forum server is Down for meainteance ??

Only 4 of the 6 servers are down. Those still playing are on 1 of the 2 still up.
    Options
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should consider changing their tech support after recent months of terrible server availability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qBpDVvnKY

We could also go back to DSL? xD
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

Options
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ask Bob to stop spilling his coffee on the servers. :)

Yes everyone it sucks but bitching is not going to fix it.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
    Options
  • ObsidianKaesken
    Good grief, guys.
    If they discovered some issues with the game, I could care less how many maintenance's in a day/week/month that they do. I'd rather them fix the issues. I came from a text-based MMORPG and they've had more downtime a few years ago than what ESO has been experiencing as of lately. Heck, there was a time when their servers crashed so bad that none of us could log in practically all day long. I'd rather not see that from ESO, so I'd wait hours for their maintenance to be completed if I have to.
    Edited by ObsidianKaesken on September 14, 2016 6:54PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.