The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    More rage posts please. I still have 6.5 hours at work with nothing left to read.

ya it is interesting to see ppl Rage on a forum when they can just go do something calmly and come back later or not at all lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need some calm place to rest while maintenancing.
    f25.jpg
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    Options
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are taking it down because of issues, not because they hate you.

Come on, there was a maintenance on PS EU this afternoon. THIS AFTERNOON, damn it, not a year ago... And there were at least three maintenances last week. It is clear that someone can't do his job, that's all.
    Options
  • ajback_ESO
    ajback_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay ladies, it's time to stop whining. You mean you just want problems to continue to persist? Let me direct you to a once glorious MMORPG from the mid 1990's; Ultima Online... Sub required and you'll get to enjoy all the *** experiences with no down time. Be greatful that ZOS recognizes problems and goes in to fix them instead of letting problems persist.
    Certifications:
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security +
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA
    Microsoft MTA
    Microsoft MCSA

Dual ASUS 27" VE278H Monitors
    Razer H-440 Case (Whats Inside?)
    GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
    i7-6800 CPU
    MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
    Corsair H115i Cooling System
    Corsair CS750M Power Supply

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    Razer Leviathan
    Razer Firefly
    Options
  • DYSEQTA
    DYSEQTA
    ✭✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Oh my gosh you people complain to freaking much, if they didn't do this, the game would be complete junk, what would you rather have? Lots of maintenance to get a problem fixed, or have it where it's not and get kicked, get viruses, and a bunch of other stuff all the time, I seriously doubt anyone here could do better, so quit your griping and complaining, either get on PTS, another game, or just be quiet.

Somehow other MMO devs manage to run their games without 4-8 hours of maintenance every other day. And none do this when it's the prime time. And yeah, i couldn't do this better, and that's one of the reasons i'm not trying to run a mmo.

Warframe knows how this *** works. You get ingame notifications that maintenance has *been* performed, told to stay in your missions and relog when convenient. You log out and back in, the game will patch if necessary and off you go again. No inconvenience to customers ever. So stop saying ZOS is doing a good job with maintenance, they are doing a *** job.
    For the King!
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tUG2Cf6.gif
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ....Are you serious? No warning, no countdown.....and don't say we posted it on the forums because naturally if you are in game doing a pledge, trial, DSA, etc. you are not going to say..."hey give me a minute guys, I need to check the forums to see if they are taking the servers down before we kill this last boss."

At what point did you, ZOS, decide not to inform the players IN-GAME that the "Server is going down in 15 minutes"

The moment they began the maintenance for the good of all the players doing stuff that was not being stored in the system's databanks.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand it's good they fix things. On the other, way to many things need fixing...Quite a biased feeling here.
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no. Hot Tub Time Machine ESO version!!!

No, No, No, No, Noooo!
    Options
  • Haulinash
    Haulinash
    ✭✭✭

tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

Oh my gosh you people complain to freaking much, if they didn't do this, the game would be complete junk, what would you rather have? Lots of maintenance to get a problem fixed, or have it where it's not and get kicked, get viruses, and a bunch of other stuff all the time, I seriously doubt anyone here could do better, so quit your griping and complaining, either get on PTS, another game, or just be quiet.

I can't play my game.

It's being fixed, please be patient.

I paid for that game. I don't want to wait.
    Give me something because i wait.

No.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

-This is usually when i would get my ears boxed and then spend the rest of the day in my room.
    Thank the stars! I wasn't sure I'd find anyone else out here. Please, I ne- STAB! STAB! STABSTABSTABSTABSTAB!
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    tUG2Cf6.gif

LoL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Consider the alternative for a minute. The earlier login issues are fixed and you can get back into the game. The root cause of the login issues remains unfixed, but ZOS wants you to be able to play.

Because they did not fix the root cause, everyone keeps getting indeterminate and spasmodic rollbacks. Which is worse - indefinite rollbacks until the next scheduled maintenance, which is five days away, or maintenance now to fix the root cause, and no more rollbacks?

It's not that they didn't fix the root cause, it's that, historically, they CANT fix the root cause of pretty much anything.

Past bug fixes they DID fix beg to differ. Seriously stop being so bitter, you're making medicine look yummy.
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    i heard ppl that left the server and finally got login had between 45 mins and 2 hour rollbacks. i was on still, fishing, had no rollback, ppl in cyro that stayed on kept their ap. gina said they brought it down with no warning to avoid further rollbacks...
    Options
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh! Screenshots!
    Let me look at them like
    v9F91RwtEc5hXxQM1CN9kyuG7n56n2.png

... ah, no, that's the hater-face
    Edited by manavortex on September 14, 2016 6:47PM
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
    Options
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    so you are making a break for a few gyus that could get rollbacks for 2-3h of their work.
    and the maintenance is taking hours. so you basically steal everybody those hours only so few can keep those hours?

So for those who think @laksikus is correct in this, let's explain: If there is a problem with rollbacks, it means that each character is potentially experiencing rollbacks. And the rollbacks can potentially occur multiple times. And this isn't time you don't get to play; it's time you played that disappears.

So ponder the part about occurring multiple times.

You can lose a couple of hours once to fix this problem. Or you could lose a couple of hours multiple times because nobody wants to log out long enough to fix it.
    Seriously, take all the time you need. People need to chill. Seriously. If they didn't have time to give notice, what does that tell you about the severity of the problem? Use your head ffs.

It tells us that they didn't take the time to warn people. Seriously and ffs. The servers didn't crash. They took them down. Yes, to fix a real issue that needed to be fixed. But yes, taken down means you have time to tell people "servers are coming down immediately".

Not rocket science there.

Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any mobs while we don't look at them?
    f77.jpg
    Options
  • Aelmuil
    Aelmuil
    babedenny wrote: »
    I wonder what ArcheAge is like...

U dont want to go there trust me. I have been playing Archeage for the past 4 years since release. The game is very immersive , u can practically do whatever u want, thus making it like a second job and cancerous especially if u're in a big organised guild, running boss fights every 4 hours, hunting ghost ships every 12 hours etc. owning multiple land adds more to your to do list but filthy casuals have no place in Archeage really.

PVP is really fun though and since its open world, u can just go to opposition faction's state and wreck havoc. u can steal *** too from other players. Carebears = Food

its a one of a kind game, unique and addictive. but the developer has made the game to be P2W. i've spent roughly more than 10 grand on it. on that note, im pretty worried that ZOS will be introducing RNG boxes on the cash shop. so yea.. try to stay away from Archeage
    Edited by Aelmuil on September 14, 2016 6:46PM
    Options
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭
    MxHhjimMdOcta.gif
    What is exactly a Rollback Server in TESO
    Edited by Eldorhaan on September 14, 2016 6:44PM
    Options
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭

Nah sorry not buying it.

There is once or twice, it happens. Over and over and over again, in prime time every week with no real information about what's going on isn't right.

All MMO's have done this so you cannot use that excuse.

And very often they will give an IN game warning AND refund time.

I've seen a lot not give warnings, though they usually did give something in return if it takes too long, that's the only thing ZOS doesn't do.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

Options
  • Krenthal
    Krenthal
    ✭✭
    Well I haven't played SWTOR in a few months..

Oh Reeeaaahhhllllyy, (Ace Ventura voice). Where I work, you have one maybe two major chances, you screw up on a regular basis you are fired, No questions asked. You take the walk of shame to HR and out the door you go. This is from a blue collar worker.

I deal with multi million contracts every day. You you would be surprised at what can kill a contract. To lock out your entire userbase on a weekly basis.... :neutral:

I guess quality testing is beyond their grasp.
    Edited by Krenthal on September 14, 2016 6:49PM
    Options
  • dghull79
    dghull79
    Soul Shriven
    dghull79 wrote: »
    While we normally make every effort to give in-game notice when we're bringing a server offline, we wanted to expedite it in this particular case to prevent further loss of progress that some of you had already run into. Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect downtime to be at least a couple hours. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

I'm not certain that this is true. It is certainly true that you do a good job of notifying players within game whenever there is the weekly scheduled maintenance, however, whenever there have been unscheduled maintenances such as this one, I do not recollect ever receiving an in game warning.

It is also not logical to expedite a process 'to prevent further loss of progress' when expediting the process might cause far more people to lose their progress for whatever in game activity they were involved in.

They expedited the process because keeping the servers up any longer than they did would result in people doing things that would not be saved and thus done for absolutely nothing.

And yet... the people who were in the middle of a trial or VMA were doing things that will not be saved and thus were done for absolutely nothing anyways. A warning in game would have at least allowed them to not waste their time.
    Options
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.

This x1000
    Options
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    I don't care that it's down, I just hope all of the levels I just farmed are still there when I get back.
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Name one game that doesn't have sudden issues like this, and I'll tell you you are lying. Does that mean they aren't doing their job? No, it does not. *** happens, deal with it.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 6:44PM
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would walk this road till the end.
    f81.jpg
    Options
  • jul3s
    jul3s
    Soul Shriven
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    More rage posts please. I still have 6.5 hours at work with nothing left to read.

ya it is interesting to see ppl Rage on a forum when they can just go do something calmly and come back later or not at all lol

its 20:40 pm here in germany, had a hard day of work... wanted to play a few hours of eso, before i have to go to bed, cause i gone have to go to work at 4:40 am, i totally get the ppl who are raging...
    ..it's a bad joke anyway that the freakin maintenance is at daytime in eu, so freaking freak you zos!
    Options
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aww bummer, I wanted to play now, oh well, good luck fixing the issue! :)
    *goes back to drawing*
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maintenance saga reminds me of this quest.
    f91.jpg
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.