The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know how to break it to you, but.... let me try it this way: I still cannot login to the PC/NA server, not from the launcher nor from the eso.exe file. The login screen still says "Could not retrieve announcements" as it did hours ago. I tried again several times but it didn't change.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Lolssi wrote: »
    Also not everyone pays for this game. At MOST, they buy the game and that's it.
    That is paying for the game...

ONE TIME. All these maintenances, patches, etc. has no impact on that. You will still have your product by the end of the day.

Jesus dude. You live on these forums. Every thread you're reply 1-3. It's like you live to defend zos. Every time I see your avatar I cringe and think here we go again, and sadly this carries over to others who use the same avatar.

Quit defending zos. It's borderline pathetic at this point dude.

Yes I am an active forumgoer when I feel like being here. However, I actually ignore 90% of all the threads in these forums. Most of what I partake in involves helping people, fluff, and generally trying to spread positivity.

I can relate to the avatar thing by the way lol but that's because there are so many haters and broken records on these forums it's not even funny. That is why I ignore most of the threads these days.

As I have said before, I do not defend THEM, I combat negativity. The fact that much of that negativity is directed at Zenimax would lead people to making that assumption, and THAT is what's pathetic. Makes me wonder if you people are this hateful in real life, because if you are may god have mercy on your pitiful souls...

Like it or not haters I will be here to thwart you. You can ignore me if you like but that only proves you have no true business here. Have a nice day!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 9:08PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know how to break it to you, but.... let me try it this way: I still cannot login to the PC/NA server, not from the launcher nor from the eso.exe file. The login screen still says "Could not retrieve announcements" as it did hours ago. I tried again several times but it didn't change.

Try rebooting your router, or modem if you have the ability. Ive had a similar problem after a crash and resetting my router worked. If you have then ignore my useless advice! :)
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone experienced severe rollbacks? Just curious.

Not me, didn't loose anything, but of course I logged out before maintenance because I had to pick up my sister, so that's probably why, I hope you didn't loose too much, it sucks when anyone looses something.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

Wrong. It IS doing their job because doing their job means fixing problems. Seriously at least try to use common sense with your hate-filled arguments. Also stop comparing other companies to this because different games use different hardware and content. Their games are probably WAY easier to maintain than ESO is. I wouldn't know though as I don't work on any games so I have no right to judge, nor do you. Do their jobs, THEN you can judge.

I understand that there are humans behind the scenes who do actually want to make this work, and I feel for them, but this is a flawed line of thinking. You don't have to be a chef to be able to say that the food was poorly made. You can be frustrated with the quality of service compared to other companies.

That being said, I was going to play on my break between classes, but looks like I'm getting a head start on homework, instead.

Opinions are opinions for sure, and everyone is entitled to them. However, it is unfair to jump to conclusions like these people are just because you get frustrated with something that doesn't even happen as often as people are letting on. Now if you can get the approximate specs and all the other juicy tidbits of other games' hardware and Zenimax's THEN you can compare :p

And when you get those same specs and tidbits, your blind loyalty will be a little less blind, and you'll have slightly more credibility.

All I hear from you at this point is "hate hate hate" so it's clearly obvious the only ones that think I have no credibility are haters. And guess what? I couldn't care less! So yeah keep hating bub.

In fact, do yourself a favor and just ignore me already if all you can do is hate. Problem solved!

You got it, Jack.

XBox NA
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forum People: Thanks for the pages and pages of useless posts. I really enjoyed scrolling through them trying to find useful information on the outage.

It still appears to be down for me after resetting everything.

PS4 NA.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos0720 wrote: »
    And just so you know I imagine the conversation at ZOS went something like this:

Okay guys. We have two choices. Choice 1 - take the servers now, fix the problem, and have people only lose at most 3 hours of progress. Or Choice 2 - let this be until we do maintenence next week and then roll everyone back a week. Now let's vote on which will affect people more.

Okay choice 1 will bring out all the nerd ragers that think they can do our jobs better, but Choice 2 will hurt the people we actually care about - the fans that play the game.

So choice 1 it is - release the salt. Our loyal players will be happier losing 3 hours of progress instead of losing 1 week of progress.

Please do not write things that make sense in this thread, it will derail the whole thing...
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    As the servers are back online and this thread has gotten severely derailed, we've decided to close it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.