Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.1

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we just added a few patch notes to the original post, which are called out below:

Quests & Zones
    Craglorn
    • Made various balance changes, both in overland and delves, to even out the difficulty between the different areas.
    • Anka-Ra events will no longer get stuck where the Priest cannot die.

Daily Quests
    • Alvur Baren is no longer erroneously associated with the Order of Scryers.
    • The Undaunted Merits no longer reference the Mages Guild.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!
    Aaaaaalright. Nerf Elemental Storm :D seriously ? I can't believe..

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.

Come on man. I know it's Monday but let's wake up here. It does more damage in a shorter period of time. That's a huge buff. Would you rather do 1000 dmg a second for ten seconds, or 2000 a second for 5 seconds? If you can't see that the 5 second option is better, then wow.

Really? And what about possiblites of proc effects?
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey that's all great but, did you fix the item set boxes????
    It'd be nice to actually be able to test the sets like Iceheart without actually having to GRIND for it. On a PTS. -_-

Mentioned kindly here, got 0 attention.
    They're totally borked.
    Many of them contain weapons from other sets, sometimes /instead of/ their own, as evidenced by Iceheart containing nothing but chokethorn.
    Many of them are MISSING pieces, like Vampire's Cloak jewelry missing the neck.
    Many of them are mislabeled, like a set box containing two setboxes that both say they're jewelry but one contains jewelry and the other weapons.

Many of these issues are hindering me, if not outright preventing me from testing out gear combos I wanted to.

Can we get some word on this? Do you know about the issues? Will they be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch on the PTS?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by LinearParadox on September 12, 2016 8:08PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fasalla's shield never dropped in Impen. Can anyone confirm if that was ever fixed?
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any changes for jewelry item set chasing in zones that don't have dolmens?
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaalright. Nerf Elemental Storm :D seriously ? I can't believe.
    Why double the damage per tick, if you cut the duration in half almost ? So that the damage per cast remains almost the same.

Surely faster and slightly higher overall damage would be considered a buff? Or am I missing something?

I know the skill still sucks, but I don't think nerf is the right word to use here.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, Elemental Storm is still not at the level it should be. The MINOR damage buff is not enough for such a high cost ultimate. If the duration was a base of 10 seconds, then things would be better, but as it is now, can anyone justify using it over Meteor in PvE?

It is nice that each element actually has different effects. Kinda tired of seeing +% damage on the fire morphs of things though. Just shoehorn us into fire staves, we love them fire staves!
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran around harvesting materials for quite a while after today's patch. Despite having the Plentiful Harvest passive from Champion Points, absolutely no harvest was double-harvested, consistently received 3 ancestor silk, 3 rubedite ore, and 3 ruby ash or maple.

Also still saw some maple scattered around Auridon despite being a CP160+ character with 10/10 in the passive.

EDIT: after about an hour, I saw rubedite ore double harvest ONCE for 6 ore... definitely not operating at the 10% rate it's supposed to be though!

EDIT #2: does not seem to affect alchemy plants, started harvesting them as well and they're seeing an occasional double-yield.
    Edited by Tevalaur on September 12, 2016 9:55PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling
    • Alliance Points are no longer rarely earned during duels.
    • Invites for a duel can no longer be offered to a resurrecting player character.
    • The Battlespirit buff now properly appears on both player characters simultaneously when a duel begins.
    • Duels will now result in a forfeit if a player character exits the boundary during a duel.
    • You will no longer get stuck in a duel if you log out, leave the area, or die before the duel officially begins.
    • Leaving the dueling radius now properly clears all duel-related messages.
    • Dueling flags can no longer be targeted by players or abilities, either inadvertently or purposefully.

I don't see anything mentioning fixes to pets. See:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289695/duelling-pets-are-completely-broken#latest

Until it gets resolved, pets are about as resilient as current Cadwell's Silver trash mobs. There's no point in having them by your side in this condition.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the reaction to "The destro ult is not powerfull enough" was to cut it's duration in half, up it's damage, basicly ammounting to a very slight increase in damage.

...Tell me, did you consider that cuting the duration in half lowers the overalll damage or did that fact slip your minds?
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are legit bat *** *** insane. I know that now whenever I step into cyrodiil I will get 4 soul assults on me and there is nothing I can do about it. You let me block it but that costs sTam. You need to let it be interrupt able. I don't care if they are cc immune but it needs to be interruped. You need *** counters in this game otherwise it takes no skill (not that you haven't been trying to kill skill related pvp since 1.6)
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Navitas
    Navitas
    ✭✭✭
    This is all from a PvE magicka DPS perspective (Dunmer Sorc)
    • Fiery Rage aka the destro ulti costs 213 ultimate for me and does 61,548 damage over 6 seconds (10,258 per tick)
    • 61,548 damage / 213 ulti cost gives you roughly 289 damage per ulti
    Now compare this to shooting star:
    • SS does 83,183 total damage (17,450 initial impact and then 5,563 on the dot for 11.8 seconds) and costs 170* ultimate
    • 83,183 / 170 gives you ~493.44 damage per ulti which is 1.7x as good as the destro staff ulti
    Now we ask ourselves: How do we fix this discrepancy? Well let's see...In order for the destro ulti to be better than SS it has to do 494+ damage per ulti in essence. This leaves us with two options in my mind:
    1. The destro staff ulti has to cost 125 ultimate (granted I have the sorc's ulti cost reduction passive)
    2. Or it has to do 105,103 total damage in order to balance out the high ulti cost. Again this part can be achieved in two ways: If you want to keep it lasting 6 seconds, it needs to do 17,518 per tick (this seems a little ridiculous to me especially in pvp) OR increase the duration to 10.25 seconds or more at the least (would you look at that? If they would have left the duration intact it ALMOST would have been better....close but no cigar I'm afraid)

*Other factors to take into account: Shooting Star gives you extra passive magicka that increases the damage of all of your other skills, and it gives 12 ultimate back per target hit so really it only costs 158 but I only now realized this and I"m too lazy to redo everything so sue me. Either way destro staff ulti is still bad in pve.

The end: if anyone cares I'm in 5 tbs, 3 infal aether jewelry, 2 Ilambris and vma inferno. Scaling *should* be the same on each skill so I'm assuming the math holds up who knows.
    Edited by Navitas on September 12, 2016 9:53PM
    what even are signatures
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equalize all weapon ultimate costs and everyone will stop dogging. I guarantee.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Equalize all weapon ultimate costs and everyone will stop dogging. I guarantee.

That's how it should have been in the first place. It's not fair, that some ults are much cheaper or much more expensive than others.

I was 100% sure, that they would all cost the same. Well.....
    Equality and balance is nothing this game wants to achieve :) it never did.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Magic

Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.

Soul Strike:
    - This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    - You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    - Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    - This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

I feel like they are joking here.... they just turned Soul Strike into an Ultimate that a zergling can apply which is even more deadly that Jesus Beam :confused:
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    1. It would help if when having say 500 units of ultimate, using 250 for 1 cast of the ultimate didn't wipe the stack to 0!
    2. Made some notes about Motifs and Materials in their respective PTS containers on a Template character
      (Prior to this Patch)
      • Missing Template Motifs:
        1. Akaviri #
        2. Aldmeri Dominion #
        3. Ancient Elf *
        4. Barbaric *
        5. Celestial <
        6. Daedric *
        7. Daggerfall Covenant #
        8. Draugr <
        9. Dro-m'Athra <
        10. Dweemer *
        11. Ebonheart Pact #
        12. Glass *
        13. Mercenary *
        14. Primal *
        15. Xivkin *
        16. Yokudan <
        *'s Available via Crown Store
        <'s Are also missing their materials
        #'s Have materials given but not motifs
      • Missing Materials:
        1. Breton
        2. Celestial <
        3. Dark Brotherhood
        4. Draugr <
        5. Dro'm-Athra <
        6. Grim Harlequin
        7. Hollowjack
        8. Minotaur
        9. Order Of The Hour
        10. Youkudan <
        <'s Are also missing their motifs

SkinChanger craftability unlisted as is fixed in the Natch Potes.

With the PTS removal of the Alliance motifs from the Crown Store we will lose the ability to preview these, is there going to be a preview option added to the Crafting Stations or via the Journal Motif Inventory? (Achievements in multiple sections)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Soul Magic

Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.

Soul Strike:
    - This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    - You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    - Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    - This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

I feel like they are joking here.... they just turned Soul Strike into an Ultimate that a zergling can apply which is even more deadly that Jesus Beam :confused:

As a Templar I am looking forward to seeing all of the nerf RD threads evolve into nerf Soul Strike threads. That said, Soul Strike won't really be too powerful given that it isn't recastable.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 12, 2016 10:46PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    WOW! LOOK AT ALL THE AMAZING CLASS AND SET BALANCING THAT... didn't happen... again...
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Power Lash still giving opposing players CC immunity? If so, damn it.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Power Lash still giving opposing players CC immunity? If so, damn it.

Yes, but they said on the power lash thread that it will be fixed next maj. CC+CC immunity for mobs, but not for players.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a nerf? lol, read again

Because that doubled the dps, be a learner...
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inB4 Soul Strike Jesus Beam Templars running around
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffed damage on a shorter time frame?! Sweet!!
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to be a d**k, but seriously, did you go test meteor vs the new change of elemental storm? Literally go hit meteor single target, then AoE, do the same for storm, compare and adjust. Shooting Star gives ultimate back, passives buff your damage just slotting it, empower when casted and it can be empowered, the benefits are enormous.

If you're looking for some feedback on making them comparable, please read these forum comments, but upping damage then halving the duration is nonsensical. I'm tired of riding the ESO balance roller-coaster, please invest in testing these abilities more.

Lastly on Soul Assault, giving everyone a powerful beam isn’t a good way to balance Radiant. Especially since you can’t bash it….really? Removing counter play? Great, more damage, fine, but bashing? Come on that’s removing skill from the game not adding to a dynamic PvP environment.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    Weapons
    • Destruction Staff
      • Impulse: Fixed an issue where Rank 1 of this ability could not critically strike.
      • Elemental Storm:
        • Decreased the length of time for this Ultimate to 6 seconds from 10 seconds.
        • Doubled the damage done per hit.
        • Icy Rage will now immobilize targets affected by the storm instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a chilled effect.
        • Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect.
        • Thunderous Rage now increases this ability’s duration by 2 seconds instead of granting a 100% chance to apply concussion.
    World
    • Soul Magic
      • Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.
      • Soul Strike:
        • This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
        • You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
        • Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
        • This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

First off... RIP Nightblade's when you get hit with Soul Assault. Your forced to block now or required to slot Mist form. Whats next? Single Target ultimate's hit through Cloak? I guess ZOS really hates cloak. Instead of fixing the bugs you just pile on more cloak counters. Thanks.

Elemental Storm.... well i like the changes. Icy Rage will be deadly because we don't have AoE immobilizes for stamina anymore (RIP Bombard. I miss you). All the morphs are good. Reducing the duration by 3 seconds and doubling the damage was a good idea. This alone will make the ability pretty deadly. Most players posting don't even relize how strong this Ultimate was pre-2.6.1 in large-scale combat. We can't even really test it until it goes live. I bet any one here right now that nerf threads will start pouring in once this ultimate hits live. I personally think the ultimate is fine, just reduce the cost to 200 and it's perfect.

Hey @Wrobel can you please give Power Extraction a new niche effect like Minor Defile? Toss the Major Brutality and add something else. I have yet to see anyone use Power Extraction after it changed to disease damage and it's a real shame. :(

I'd also like to see Standard, Nova and Veil of Blades get some love or possibly reworks. Negate is just so much better its ridiculous. Standard could disable stamina ability's like negate, Veil of Blades could turn any friendly inside invisible without synergy (like shadow refuge from Guild Wars 2)(maybe even make veil of blades damage type scale off highest stat so stamina can use a class based AoE Ultimate thats not magicka based?) and Nova could possibly reflect a percentage of damage back at the attacker... the possibility's are endless but i think its time these ground based ultimate's got some big love. B)B)B)

Hey Wrobel, i'm still waiting for the ability to prevent revives in pvp with a stake like Guild War 2 also! Common man!

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 13, 2016 2:42AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people are missing the point of the destro ult, the strength will not be found in its dps but in the fact that its now an interesting middle ground between the pure burst of meteor and the limited DoT + secondary effect of most other AoE DoT ults. As someone who likes to take run in 8-12 man groups and fight in heavily outnumbered situations, I could possibly see some people back barring a destro to take advantage of this. Of course I want to see it in action, but something that hits twice as hard as bats with double the radius is NOT something to laugh off, even if it may be a tad expensive.

Edit: But seriously the soul strike changes? I get that Wrobel is trying to give magicka builds a decent ult for single target oriented gameplay but a second jesus beam is not the ideal solution.
    Edited by The-Baconator on September 13, 2016 2:59AM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people are missing the point of the destro ult, the strength will not be found in its dps but in the fact that its now an interesting middle ground between the pure burst of meteor and the limited DoT + secondary effect of most other AoE DoT ults. As someone who likes to take run in 8-12 man groups and fight in heavily outnumbered situations, I could possibly see some people back barring a destro to take advantage of this. Of course I want to see it in action, but something that hits twice as hard as bats with double the radius is NOT something to laugh off, even if it may be a tad expensive.

That's what i like to hear Bacon! B)B)B)
    PS4 NA DC
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we been unclear is what we want?

First of all, as much as I appreciate the intent on making soulstrike the single-target magicka cheap ultimate, these changes are terrible as they remove any actual skill in using the ability or defending against it. I don't want to be given easy buttons or busted sets in order to compete in PvP. Can we have just effective abilities that are practical to use, yet nevertheless have counterplay? My advice for thinking this: pretend soulstrike is a stamina-based and try again for next PTS patch.

The destro ultimate. I get why you did it. We wanted some burst and raising the damage while lowering the duration gives us more of that but doesn't upset your original calculation for how much damage the ultimate should do. Problem: your original calculation was in serious error. As folks have already pointed out, meteor still out-damages it and has other benefits to boot which at a cheaper cost just makes it the go to ultimate to use. I get it the desto ult has a bigger AoE, but in any important trial boss fight, I only care about an AOE as big as a meteor, and the ultimate is not big enough to prevent PvP people from simply walking out of it. For 250 ult, this thing better do something more than just damage - because all the other big ults do.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class ultimates should be strongest
    Weapon ultimates should be the next strongest
    fighters/mages guild should be the least strongest

Class ultimates are limited, weapon ultimates are limited based on your weapon, fighters/mages guild are not limited to anyone (apart from dawnbreaker but magicka still use it)

Lower the cost of the destro ult by half, up the damage and make it stronger than meteor, it costs the same as standard of might but does like absolutely nothing in comparison, at least give it a self buff like banner does or something or just lower the cost increase the damage.
    #MOREORBS
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have we been unclear is what we want?
    The destro ultimate. I get why you did it. We wanted some burst and raising the damage while lowering the duration gives us more of that but doesn't upset your original calculation for how much damage the ultimate should do. Problem: your original calculation was in serious error. As folks have already pointed out, meteor still out-damages it and has other benefits to boot which at a cheaper cost just makes it the go to ultimate to use. I get it the desto ult has a bigger AoE, but in any important trial boss fight, I only care about an AOE as big as a meteor, and the ultimate is not big enough to prevent PvP people from simply walking out of it. For 250 ult, this thing better do something more than just damage - because all the other big ults do.

Usually when stuff hits the PTS they don't really want to do a major rework on anything, but they really need to rework that ultimate. I can't fathom why they think this ultimate should have the same cost as standard.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 13, 2016 3:57AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)