The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.1

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next Maj? As in Major Update? Please tell me I'm wrong.

No, one of the next incremental, don't worry.
    ZOS_KNowak wrote: »
    Thanks for the bug report on Power Lash. The video you included was especially helpful. We have a fix planned for this ability in a future PTS incremental patch.

After the fix is deployed, Power Lash will match its current behavior on the Live servers - it will stun monsters (and grant them CC-immunity), but will not stun players (nor grant them CC-immunity). The tooltip of this ability will be updated to better reflect this functionality.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot till you realize its actually 44k over 4.2 seconds which is further reduced by Resists and CP

you're looking at around 8k per tic

The only reason the Bow Ult is actually going to be used is cause Ballista...and the ability to burst it with other abilities.
    Edited by Xsorus on September 14, 2016 1:26AM
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.

Would ZOS please put an end to damn lvl10 motif runs. Players scale to 160, so they're leveled to do the content at 160 at any level. DON'T scale content down. Especially "end game" content. A level 37 tanked nSO for us. We don't need lvl 10 runs.

I can't find a CP 160 group for nMoL so I can actually use the gear that drops.

You want people "do the content" then make people do the content so everyone in the group and the game can benefit from it. It's going to be near impossible to find groups for normal trials in the future (with BOP) when motifs are the sole reason people are running them.

@ZOS_RichLambert

PLEASE add normal trials to the group finder tool. It would be awesome to have a group finder for Overland WBs and dailies.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay

Weapons
    • Destruction Staff
      • Impulse: Fixed an issue where Rank 1 of this ability could not critically strike.
      • Elemental Storm:
        • Decreased the length of time for this Ultimate to 6 seconds from 10 seconds.
        • Doubled the damage done per hit.
        • Icy Rage will now immobilize targets affected by the storm instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a chilled effect.
        • Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect.
        • Thunderous Rage now increases this ability’s duration by 2 seconds instead of granting a 100% chance to apply concussion.

What even is this? You ask for feedback and the community fully agrees on a decreased cost, more damage or a burst Single Target Ultimate and this is what you do. Double the damage and reduce the duration? Ok yeah, the world's slightest buff. This is absolutely unacceptable. Every class has ultimate that do more for the cost, why would I use this in PvE? Don't even get me started on PvP. This needs to be fixed before it goes live. Reduce the cost of it to 150 or 175, keep the damage at double and, switch the duration back to 10 secs. That should be the basic for the PvE morph. For the self cast, more PVP oriented morph, that should be more like Flame/lightning/frost cloak from skyrim, and have it do damage over time and have it explode for X damage every X seconds for the duration of the ability or give it a proc Chance to explode for DIRECT damage, not another DoT. Reduce the cost to 150-175. Then I'll consider it but hey that's just my thoughts.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Loving my new ultimate damage, thanks for the boost!

14359065_10155370874998782_5274711569848449785_n.jpg?oh=7ed54856dfeb642a671619ab5889ab0c&oe=5882CD5D

On mag sorc empowered with entropy it should show over 90k and and it'cost 85 ulti. Maybe dual wield with detonation will return.

Guuuuuys. Please understand, that you can't fully empower damage over time effects :)

I think You can if skill is channeled.

empower only works on the first tick of a channel
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

14359065_10155370874998782_5274711569848449785_n.jpg?oh=7ed54856dfeb642a671619ab5889ab0c&oe=5882CD5D

On mag sorc empowered with entropy it should show over 90k and and it'cost 85 ulti. Maybe dual wield with detonation will return.

Guuuuuys. Please understand, that you can't fully empower damage over time effects :)

no....it doesn't work on channels at all.
    Noobplar
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

no....it doesn't work on channels at all.

Right. it doesn't work at all.
    I tested it yesterday, in case something has changed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 14, 2016 3:55PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm in the PTS right now (it doesn't have the log in issues the other servers have at the moment, it seems?) and the New Life Festival's scroll is available, although it can't be used. Was that supposed to happen? Is the festival being tested this week?
    Edited by Abeille on September 14, 2016 4:56PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we accidentally missed a few itemization patch notes for this patch. We'll add it to the original post on page 1, but want to call them out here as well:

Item Sets
    • Berserking Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now grants you 400 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal melee damage, up from 172 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal damage with a Two Handed ability.
    • Defending Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 4000 Magic Damage when it procs and heals you for 100% of the damage done, up from 2580 Magic Damage and no healing.
    • Destructive Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 7500 Magic Damage when it procs, up from a small variable amount of Oblivion Damage based on your stats. We also reduced the cooldown to 10 seconds from 20 seconds.
    • Healing Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set, and the bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the Weapon Damage of any enemy within 10 meters of you for 3 seconds when you cast an area of effect healing ability, instead of reducing the Weapon Damage of enemies in your area of effect heals.
    • Poisonous Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now deals 6800 Poison Damage when it procs, up from 860 Poison Damage. We also increased the chance to proc to 25% from 20%.
    • Twice-Fanged Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now grants 1000 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times), up from 430 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, we accidentally missed a few itemization patch notes for this patch. We'll add it to the original post on page 1, but want to call them out here as well:

Item Sets
    • Berserking Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now grants you 400 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal melee damage, up from 172 Critical Strike rating (stacking up to 5 times) when you deal damage with a Two Handed ability.
    • Defending Warrior: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 4000 Magic Damage when it procs and heals you for 100% of the damage done, up from 2580 Magic Damage and no healing.
    • Destructive Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus now deals 7500 Magic Damage when it procs, up from a small variable amount of Oblivion Damage based on your stats. We also reduced the cooldown to 10 seconds from 20 seconds.
    • Healing Mage: This item set is now a 5-piece item set, and the bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the Weapon Damage of any enemy within 10 meters of you for 3 seconds when you cast an area of effect healing ability, instead of reducing the Weapon Damage of enemies in your area of effect heals.
    • Poisonous Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now deals 6800 Poison Damage when it procs, up from 860 Poison Damage. We also increased the chance to proc to 25% from 20%.
    • Twice-Fanged Serpent: This item set is now a 5-piece item set. Its 5-piece bonus proc now grants 1000 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times), up from 430 Physical Penetration (stacking up to 5 times).

@ZOS_GinaBruno Terrible change, please revert.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to the last piece bonus is not bad (except the large and obvious stamina-magicka gap), but the fact that these sets are now 5cp set is really bad. It kill some possible awesome builds, especially the magicka one who can't alway have two 5 cp and one Undauted set.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Item Sets
      This set was not previously in any armor weight (Heavy, medium, light), what will this drop as? If it is bound purely to HA it will ultimately leave it undesirable.
      Again, no armor pieces aside from jewelry and weapon slots. I assume this is heavy, but double checking is nice. The proc rate on this set leaves it far too unreliable. Why is a 1 piece (Master Sword) healing more, and more frequently than a 5 piece?
      Scaling Daedric damage was the saving grace of this set, and allowed it to remain (slightly) relevant despite being v14. Why was this change to flat (and ultimately weak) damage on an extremely high cooldown, despite requiring an extreme level of effort to proc (you and an ally must both fully charge heavy attack, which is rather inefficient in this game in a trial stand point, even more-so after the Lightning Staff "fix".) Please revert this to scaling Daedric Damage, and perhaps compromise with a 12-15s ICD to make up for the potential of power.
      Interesting change to the proc rate. It promotes an extremely dangerous play style for healers though, especially in Hard Mode encounters where this is needed most due to the absurd damage output. Additional testing is required before I comment.
      This set is actually being outperformed from both Red Mountain and Viper alike, due to their ease of access to proccing. While I can say Viper is rather Overpowered (in terms of PvP encounters), this proc rate would see a much higher benefit from proccing off Bow based, or Poison damage based attacks. Binding it to Light/Heavy attacks effectively adds an extremely low ceiling to this set.
      In terms of PvE DPS this set is rather lackluster, there are literally 0 ways to effectively apply this set (unless you are running an extremely inefficient build, but then how would you obtain this gear in the first place), but is absolutely absurd in terms of damage output in PvP. Stamina builds are over performing in Cyrodiil due to too many stamina based sets allowing for extremely bursty AND sustained damage (Viper deals consistent damage on a low ICD, Viledereth, Widowmaker, etc...) Heavy armor is on the rise to help lower burst, but this set nullifies that counter. Balance should be about options I agree, and everything should have a counter, but Spriggan's already has 4k permanent penetration, isn't this a bit much?
    I have broken down my input and testing with these sets in bolded letters under their respective set. I was extremely excited to see these reworked, as I was an early advocate to see v16 (c160) versions of these sets. However the change from 3 to 5 pieces lowered their uniqueness, and many are either flat out lack luster, and some do more than already new sets give. Overall I had higher hopes for these, and hope my feedback offers a valid point where you can begin examining each of these sets.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on September 15, 2016 4:12PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Item Sets

Awesome change, please keep.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭

Item Sets

I'm a little confused as to why magicka sets with proc damage have such restrictions on them, but Stam doesn't. Destructive mage for example. I have to heavy attack, then have some someone else heavy attack that player to proc the set. Meanwhile we have viper which just procs every 4 seconds from anything melee. Is there hard data to support this? May I see it?
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Item Sets

No, because by keeping them 3p, it opened up the possibility of 5-3-2 builds with Undaunted sets. We don't need more 5p sets, as there are already plenty of 5p options for 5-5 builds. This change really hurts build diversity. Please revert. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I already miss the old Healing Mage set.
    Before, I could just rain down Healing Springs on a keep breach from a safe distance and watch my enemies drop as my teams took less damage from them and I healed what damage they did do. I honestly wanted to combo the 3 piece healing mage, 5 SPC, Master Resto and Sentinal of Rhukaz set for PvP as an endless resource, debuff battery.
    Argonian forever
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭

Item Sets

Maybe not really,
    I only ran healing mage because it was a 3pc... Added some diversity over willpower. Not sure if adding an extra two traits will make it more viable as it will remove it from builds that incorporate it.
    If it was done because 3pc serpent sets incorporated with all the other poison proc sets were to ridiculous. I think the right course would be to differentiate between the two variations & not Nerf the magic or tank combinations, as the line between those sets potentials are not the same.
    Edited by Pinja on September 15, 2016 4:56PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Item Sets

While it's awesome those sets got changed/buffed, I think it's pretty sad that they are 5 piece sets now. We have so many of those already, adding a few good 3 piece sets to replace the holy Willpower/Agility would be very desirable.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these are now 5 pieces, what are the 2/3/4 set bonuses on these?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Item Sets

Destructive mage set is now worst, please revert change and make it 3 piece again..

This bomb placing by one player and explosion by another player mechanics is super failure. Change this..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 16, 2016 3:58AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Destructive Mage still some ridiculous bomb that has to be activated by an ally or are there finally burst magicka proc sets coming to match the various stamina burst sets? I almost couldn't believe my eyes that a 5 piece magicka proc wasn't an AoE or a DoT.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    You can still duel in towns =\
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous. Why are you trying to destroy magicka completely and make this into stamina only game? You aren't? It doesn't seem that way.
    And for these sets... useless... even more than they were before... Can't not notice the destructive mage, only magicka dps set is complete garbage which only further confirms ZOS wants this to be stamina only game... I guess that's one way of balancing things, just completely throw out one and leave the other...
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    A question here, do Iteams like Neck of Viper (Trial Iteams), which are now BoE, if you have them in Inventory, be next update BoP? So all iteams in your inventory bound then?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question here, do Iteams like Neck of Viper (Trial Iteams), which are now BoE, if you have them in Inventory, be next update BoP? So all iteams in your inventory bound then?

All the item who are BoE in your inventory will remain BoE at the next maj, but the "new" piece of the same set you'll loot in One Tamriel will be BoP.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Item Sets

Any word on changing what's BoE and BoP? With all trial sets BoP, that means there's basically going to be nothing worth buying and nothing worth selling beyond crafting mats, and that's a real downer. You guys just finally got enough BoE gear into the game for a healthy economy and now it's being taken away.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    RoyJade wrote: »

All the item who are BoE in your inventory will remain BoE at the next maj, but the "new" piece of the same set you'll loot in One Tamriel will be BoP.

Thanks for the answer :)
    Another one: The PvP-Vendor will offer golden jewelry now. Of which Sets? All? Of the "old" Trial sets? Of PvP-and Maelstrom Sets? Anyone got a clue? :D
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer :)
    Another one: The PvP-Vendor will offer golden jewelry now. Of which Sets? All? Of the "old" Trial sets? Of PvP-and Maelstrom Sets? Anyone got a clue? :D

Overland and dungeon set, at least. No clues for other sets.
    Last week it was necropotence (overland) and ebonite (dungeon).
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    In Cropsford bug with Guargs. Сity belongs to the alliance Aldmeri Dominion, and the guards Ebonheart Pact.
    06d65a150240a3b386af7a53903b44.png

3edfd22a5fc4d6b783e45fa1c9f010.png

87eabc0669d72ff0f9817b9809beb9.png
    Edited by mainarhont on September 17, 2016 3:59AM