The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.1

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping we would get to test the New Life's Festival event this week. Oh well. Is it planned for this test cycle, @ZOS_GinaBruno ? I took a look at the achievements and it seems that it takes into consideration the various cultures across Tamriel, and honestly that alone already surpassed my expectations for it so I'm kinda excited.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on man. I know it's Monday but let's wake up here. It does more damage in a shorter period of time. That's a huge buff. Would you rather do 1000 dmg a second for ten seconds, or 2000 a second for 5 seconds? If you can't see that the 5 second option is better, then wow.
    This is basically what happened to Flurry. The timer was reduced, and it did the same amount of damage, but the final output was huge by comparison to what it used to be.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow Dancer armor (still) gives my toon insane stealth speeds.

https://www.twitch.tv/dojohoda/v/89004922

The Live version of Shadow Dancer works correctly; it is only on the PTS that it is broken.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!
    Aaaaaalright. Nerf Elemental Storm :D seriously ? I can't believe..

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.

Its still not as good as meteor in most situations, so I suspect it won't get slotted often, but the fact that it does 20% more damage overall (double damage for 6 seconds from 10) and "Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect." means that it is at least not useless.

My biggest problem with it IMO is that it pretty much only does damage. Meteor also has a burst and knock down, Bats can either heal or make invisible, Soul Tether has a stun and heal, and Veil and Nova have mitigation... There is no utility to it that will make me pick it over a lot of the options that are already available and I'm really not sure in what situation I would use it.

BINGO!!!

And when the damage it does is lower than another ultimate like Meteor they have designed something which will just never be used

[SNIP]

It's not like WoW, LoL, or SWTOR. These devs play their favorite classes, buff them to god-mode, and have no intention of fixing any others.

If you've seen their public Q&A, ZOS doesn't even understand the problem with things like this ultimate. They don't see a gap between stamina and magicka classes.
    They don't see the massive imbalance between magicka and stamina sets.
    They don't 'get' why so many sorcs quit or rerolled. They don't understand why adding 300 something spell damage to restoration staff abilities on a set is a horrible idea.
    They don't see why nightblades with velidreth, mountain, and viper sets are ridiculous.

[SNIP]
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 13, 2016 8:54PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on man. I know it's Monday but let's wake up here. It does more damage in a shorter period of time. That's a huge buff. Would you rather do 1000 dmg a second for ten seconds, or 2000 a second for 5 seconds? If you can't see that the 5 second option is better, then wow.

And on an other hand, 7 tick instead of 11 is less chance to proc every effect who can proc on it : Skoria, Grothdarr, Ilambris Burning Spellweave…
    It's a 27% overall damage boost, 38% boost for the thunder morph in exchange of 4 tick (so 4 proc chance). Only the frost (pvp) and the thunder (pve) morph get really boosted, and not enough because shooting star still does more damage.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    This is basically what happened to Flurry. The timer was reduced, and it did the same amount of damage, but the final output was huge by comparison to what it used to be.

The counter argument though it's that flurry's cost makes it spamable, this ultimates cost is 250 and class passives don't reduce the ultimate costs for weapons.

When compared to other 250 cost abilities, the dmg/utility might be underperforming.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.

a nerf? lol, read again

And if you can't see, that 10 seconds of pressure is better than 5 seconds of pressure, then wow. (pvp)
    Things won't die either way, but at least you have a 10 second AoE that opponents will try to avoid, which gives you a longer period of time to do something.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF, soulstrike not being purgeable....zergtool, why dont you just disalowe people from entering cyrodiil unless they are in a group of 5 or more ppl, youre pissing on small scalers all the way here zos...id say im dissapointed, but its been the trend for years now.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Flurry get a change but the number of tick is nearly the same (one less, so 17% of the overall tick was removed), but ele storm loose 36% of his tick (30% for the thunder morph). And we heavily depend on proc (so, number of tick) for most of our dps with set like Skoria, Grothdarr, Ilambris and Spellweave, like I said before.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    WTF, soulstrike not being purgeable....zergtool, why dont you just disalowe people from entering cyrodiil unless they are in a group of 5 or more ppl, youre pissing on small scalers all the way here zos...id say im dissapointed, but its been the trend for years now.

I'd rather have soul assault on me, than negate ;)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG destro and resto ultis... It was fun spending skill points on you on the PTS where it costs nothing.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They give magick users a 10 meter radius PBAE Root that does more damage or equal damage to Batswarm..

And they call it a nerf?

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »

a nerf? lol, read again

Its still not as good as meteor in most situations, so I suspect it won't get slotted often, but the fact that it does 20% more damage overall (double damage for 6 seconds from 10) and "Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect." means that it is at least not useless.

My biggest problem with it IMO is that it pretty much only does damage. Meteor also has a burst and knock down, Bats can either heal or make invisible, Soul Tether has a stun and heal, and Veil and Nova have mitigation... There is no utility to it that will make me pick it over a lot of the options that are already available and I'm really not sure in what situation I would use it.

BINGO!!!

And when the damage it does is lower than another ultimate like Meteor they have designed something which will just never be used

[SNIP]

It's not like WoW, LoL, or SWTOR. These devs play their favorite classes, buff them to god-mode, and have no intention of fixing any others.

If you've seen their public Q&A, ZOS doesn't even understand the problem with things like this ultimate. They don't see a gap between stamina and magicka classes.
    They don't see the massive imbalance between magicka and stamina sets.
    They don't 'get' why so many sorcs quit or rerolled. They don't understand why adding 300 something spell damage to restoration staff abilities on a set is a horrible idea.
    They don't see why nightblades with velidreth, mountain, and viper sets are ridiculous.

[SNIP]

Are you implying that WoW, LoL, or SWTOR didn't go through balance swings just like ESO?

Because my Pyrotech who could one round everyone in the game for pretty much a year would disagree
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 13, 2016 8:56PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will leave it here too
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    Elemental Storm is bugged and apply additional elemental effects(root/duration/damage) only to Elemental Rage morph.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a nerf? lol, read again

a nerf? lol, read again

And if you can't see, that 10 seconds of pressure is better than 5 seconds of pressure, then wow. (pvp)
    Things won't die either way, but at least you have a 10 second AoE that opponents will try to avoid, which gives you a longer period of time to do something.

Lol no. You most definitely want burst. We'll see if now is worth considering.

I kind of welcome souk strike buff, stupid roll dodgers.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

a nerf? lol, read again

Even with that dmg boost it sucks and removing burning status effect even lowers DPS. Previously that ulti used on flame staff with 100% chance to buring status effect provided auto 20% more dmg on elemental blockade and maked force pulse jump on other targets so atleast it had small chances to be used in PvE. Now it's useless , meteor still does more dmg.
    Edited by juhasman on September 12, 2016 7:28PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will leave it here too
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    Elemental Storm is bugged and apply additional elemental effects(root/duration/damage) only to Elemental Rage morph.

That would make up for it being 250 per cast
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Will leave it here too
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

Both morphs cost 250 ult, but only range now have effects. Patchnotes says that unmorphed ult have effects, so both morphs must get it too.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 12, 2016 7:30PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Will leave it here too
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

Both morphs cost 250 ult, but only range now have effects.

Oh I misread your post. I thought it was applying all effects for one of the morphs.

Shame it's bugged and only applying the normal amount of effects for one morph only :(.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

a nerf? lol, read again

a nerf? lol, read again

Lol no. You most definitely want burst. We'll see if now is worth considering.

I kind of welcome souk strike buff, stupid roll dodgers.

Well why would I use this ulti to burst if I can use cheaper bats that heals me and deal same dmg , or standard , or negate , or veil or ANYTHING?!
    Edited by juhasman on September 12, 2016 7:36PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We appreciate that you are (kind of) listening, but you didn't really improve the destruction staff ultimate at all. It's still too weak and costly and has a terrible wind-up time and now too short a duration. The only change that makes sense is the frost immobilize.

It's not too late, you can still rewrite the whole ultimate. The community is almost completely unanimous in wanting a low-cost single-target ultimate. Preferably with an AoE secondary component. Here are some ideas we offered:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289202/better-ideas-for-destro-ultimates
    Edited by Solariken on September 12, 2016 7:34PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The destro ultimate is still inadequate mostly because the cost is simply too high for what it does.

The only interesting morph is permaroot on ice - but this functionality actually got nerfed because it´s only 6s now while before WOE + ice rage was 10s of permaroot (woe applies root on chilled enemies).

Not sufficient.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.
    I get that people are doing this for motif farming. I see level 10 and level 12 motif farm runs non-stop, but...

Honestly, what's the point of end game content to this extent if we're going to scale it to the lowest possible levels? I don't care about the motifs anymore. Dro-m'Athra broke me from that, but it just seems ridiculously excessive to put so much effort into end game Trials and then essentially go "Eh."

Wow, some elitism dripping from that comment. So what's wrong with lower level groups doing trials? As long as they get loot appropriately scaled to their level, why does it matter to you? Just go do the content at your level and be happy :)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    We appreciate that you are (kind of) listening, but you didn't really improve the destruction staff ultimate at all. It's still too weak and costly and has a terrible wind-up time and now too short a duration. The only change that makes sense is the frost immobilize.

It's not too late, you can still rewrite the whole ultimate. The community is almost completely unanimous in wanting a low-cost single-target ultimate. Preferably with an AoE secondary component. Here are some ideas we offered:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289202/better-ideas-for-destro-ultimates

Adding to this:
    The lighting morph was the only pvp skill worth considering due to being able to proc the concussed status. Increased duration makes this morph useless for pvp.
    Edited by Minno on September 12, 2016 7:43PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave destro ultimate at 10 sec duration and 250 ulti cost but give caster major berserk for the duration.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    People just play on the pts and find out if elemental storm is good or not.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. I can already imagine how this will work: as soon as you get in a fight, 5 guys cast soulstrike on you and gg. Now everyone gets an undogeable beam!

a nerf? lol, read again

Beams Beams everywhere. Where is Jesus then? If everyone uses it and Jesus comes from the sky to punish the solo player by himself from the sky and smashes him or her! :D
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.
    I get that people are doing this for motif farming. I see level 10 and level 12 motif farm runs non-stop, but...

Honestly, what's the point of end game content to this extent if we're going to scale it to the lowest possible levels? I don't care about the motifs anymore. Dro-m'Athra broke me from that, but it just seems ridiculously excessive to put so much effort into end game Trials and then essentially go "Eh."

Wow, some elitism dripping from that comment. So what's wrong with lower level groups doing trials? As long as they get loot appropriately scaled to their level, why does it matter to you? Just go do the content at your level and be happy :)
    It's not meant to be elitism, just feels like the idea of having end game content is kind of been stripped away. More content for more people IS a good thing, but... I dunno. It's hard to describe. Just feels like a lot of incentive to deal with a end game content is being taken away, especially since the people running these level 10 trials are all CP160+ and are just scaling it down, swapping characters, and running that way.

Again, I don't care if people get the gear or the motifs, but it just seems like the focus on having it as end game activities has been really devalued.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 6 seconds that the Destro ultimate is active, it is actually more DPS than Meteor if you run the math. Meteor however does continue on for an extra 5 seconds which will overtake Storm in total damage, with the rather large requirement of keeping someone (or something) in the 5m circle the whole time.

In PvE Meteor will still be champ as long as the mobs don't move much, but if they do the 10m radius on Storm might be better. It will depend precisely on how long you can get the mobs to stand in one place.

In PvP, no one stands in the 5m Meteor pool, and no one will stand in the 10m Storm pool either. The Storm morph that is centered around you though could be a strong melee option for Magicka DK's/Templars/NB.

As a Templar, this Ultimate does double the DPS of my Nova, without the utility of the damage reduction or synergy. If Nova is synergized and the enemy is kept within the Nova for the full duration then the total damage is around the same. That's 10 seconds though.

The cost is the big thing, and the fact that I need to equip a Destro staff in order to use it which will nerf all my other damage sources. Will have to play with it a bit to see. It's definitely stronger now.

However Dawn breaker of Smiting, even as a magicka build will do as much or more damage than the Destro Staff Ultimate or Nova for only 120 ultimate. This is a huge problem!!!!