The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.1

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, mostly bugfixes.

The 3rd floor milegate restore is welcome.

Don't think the elemental storm change will be received well.

Poor man's Jesus beam buff ... will need to test.

Snakeblood passive ... will need to test.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2h ultimate need a nerf, i can see it ruining PVP. You need to think about it.

I will definitely prefer to use my stamina toons over magicka for PVP
  • Elrosahir
    Elrosahir
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU-Chars?
    Ariana Elensar - Magicka Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion - EU - PC
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some one steam some Hammerdeath I want to see if Magicka can win 1vs1s.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

I loled
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ Soul Strike.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

I loled

Yea, maybe it's worth slotting now, we'll see.
    It's a dps ultimate afterall and it's a channel. As long as your target heals or shields or blocks, it is not going to die from this.
    Unless your use it as a finisher. But honestly, dawnbreaker and any other bursty execute would be better in this situation.

But I really like the functionality changes, gives it something unique, reliability.
    I still don't like the damage though.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Aaaaaalright. Nerf Elemental Storm :D seriously ? I can't believe.
    Why double the damage per tick, if you cut the duration in half almost ? So that the damage per cast remains almost the same.

I just don't get it. WHY can't magicka just get a buff for pure buff for a change ?

The soul assault change was a surprise though, didn't expect that. Looks interesting.

Elemental Strom would have to be cut by more than half, so down to 4.9 seconds or less for it to be a nerf. It's actually a buff, a very very slight buff but one none to less. At least the elemental choice of staff effects are much better.

Still weaker than meteor I would imagine. The cost is what hurts it most.

No nerf to stamina weapon ults? That blows. Those are clearly way too powerful. Doesn't take a genius to see that. Do they discuss these things before implementing them or is it just one guy who goes "Here's the new weapon ults they been asking for guys! Throw her in the game!"

the buff is so small and pathetic that the joke is they may as well have nerfed it. if they also reduced the cost by 50% then MAYBE it would be slotted, and even then staffs suck so bad that most would still just use meteor.
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on September 12, 2016 6:08PM
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not crazy about the destruction staff ultimate for reasons those above already raised, but I do appreciate that the shock staff's version of elemental rage is more damaging than the fire staff's version. I would be very impressed if the the frost staff's version made it very difficult/impossible to escape from for the duration, acting as sort of a trap for players; once you step in, you cannot get out. For six seconds. The possibilities of that... And a worthy effect for an ultimate.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Storm gives a bit more dmg ^^ but I think its still to low :D
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the Destro staff ult should be stronger than the Mages Guild ultimate, but its cost is way too high
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    Destruction Staff
    Impulse: Fixed an issue where Rank 1 of this ability could not critically strike.
    Elemental Storm:
    Decreased the length of time for this Ultimate to 6 seconds from 10 seconds.
    Doubled the damage done per hit.
    Icy Rage will now immobilize targets affected by the storm instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a chilled effect.
    Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect.
    Thunderous Rage now increases this ability’s duration by 2 seconds instead of granting a 100% chance to apply concussion.

Guilds
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (Dawnbreaker morph): Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't applying CC immunity to its targets.

World
    Soul Magic
    Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.
    Soul Strike:

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry, but these changes are not good. Not good at all. SA will not be used. Destro ult is too expensive.

You need to keep the buffs to SA, so someone will use it, but destro ult needs to be redesigned.

SA, even with the buffs, is not what we wanted.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    UI
    General
    • Added final icons for many of the new items and achievements that previously shared a placeholder icon.
    • Quests with special callouts for group, solo, dungeon, and Trials will now display icons in the quest tracker and center-screen messages.
    • Subtitles no longer collide with the player interact prompt.
    • Removed the Public Dungeon label on several zones that were incorrectly categorized.
    • The hotkeys to accept the legal agreements will now function again.
    • The Settings window will no longer get stuck on the screen if the Server Select window is opened while the Settings window is open.
    • Added a message in the inventory screen confirming that "Stack All Items" has been applied.
    • Quest pins will now properly direct you while inside a dungeon and looking at an exterior map.
    • Fixed the tooltip for Elden Hollow II in the Dungeon Finder.
    • Fixed an issue where the group leader's name would be a different color than other group member names in the group member unit frames.
    • Updated the visual style of the repeatable quest icon to better distinguish it from normal quests.

Crown Store
    • Fixed an issue where the announcement for featured products would not appear.
    • Fixed an issue where you could attempt to purchase individual products contained in a bundle.

Dueling
    • Removed the crossed swords that would appear when members of different alliances dueled.

Gamepad Mode
    • Fixed an issue where the group channel would not appear in the text chat menu.
    • Fixed an issue where text chat would only display the last 10 messages instead of the last 200.
    • Fixed an issue where some health bar options were improperly gated based on nameplates being activated.
    • Quest tooltips now update properly when the active quest changes.
    • The quest icon now appears on the same line as the title in the map tooltip for quests.
    • The Submit button on the trade window will now be disabled until one of the trading players offers something.
    • Fixed an issue that would reset the selected position in a Social list to the top if the list was updated while browsing.
      • This affected lists such as the Guild roster, Friends, or Group Member list.
    • The icon for the Dungeon Difficulty will now immediately update when changed.
    • Fixed an issue where resetting the settings to default could display an error.

Gameplay
    • Stars in the Champion UI will no longer shrink after interacting with them.
    • The term "Non-Combat Pet" is now used across the game to describe collectible pets.

Tutorials
    • Clarified and improved several tutorials and help menu entries.

WTF ? WHY YOU NERF MAGIC ?

Elemental Storm:
    Icy Rage will now immobilize targets affected by the storm instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a chilled effect.
    Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect.
    Thunderous Rage now increases this ability’s duration by 2 seconds instead of granting a 100% chance to apply concussion.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Please reduce the cost of the destro ultimate. You essentially spent all this time creating an ultimate that literally no one will use. You are wasting your time and ours by putting this out there.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Storm:

What the hell?!!! Seriously You want me to belive now it'll be worth of 250 ulti?! Gj making useless ulti more useless....
    Edited by juhasman on September 12, 2016 7:10PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykmaar wrote: »
    Destruction Staff
    Impulse: Fixed an issue where Rank 1 of this ability could not critically strike.
    Elemental Storm:

Guilds
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (Dawnbreaker morph): Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't applying CC immunity to its targets.

World
    Soul Magic
    Shatter Soul (Soul Strike morph): Increased the explosion damage by 50%.
    Soul Strike:

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry, but these changes are not good. Not good at all. SA will not be used. Destro ult is too expensive.

You need to keep the buffs to SA, so someone will use it, but destro ult needs to be redesigned.

SA, even with the buffs, is not what we wanted.

So what do you want because I doubt what I want is the same as what you want.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ soulstrike change
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've stuck through a lot of nerfs for small group pvp and magicka dk. Poisons. Clouding Swarm still not fixed. Now soulstrike uninterruptible? Why should I continue to play...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fixed an issue where loot from certain bosses in the Aetherian Archive and in Hel Ra Citadel would not scale below CP10.
    I get that people are doing this for motif farming. I see level 10 and level 12 motif farm runs non-stop, but...

Honestly, what's the point of end game content to this extent if we're going to scale it to the lowest possible levels? I don't care about the motifs anymore. Dro-m'Athra broke me from that, but it just seems ridiculously excessive to put so much effort into end game Trials and then essentially go "Eh."

Edited by Preyfar on September 12, 2016 6:19PM
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont listen us at all... So WHT PTS just to use us to find BUGS to tell them to fix... WE need salary then:D...

really they need to balance magicka and stamina or many people will leave to play this game...

Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, that destro ulti is not going to be used on my mDK main, pve or pvp.

You need to reconsider stone fist and its morphs, its a near 3K magicka costing ability that will be doing tiny damage in PvE and PvP areas.

You seriously need to rework the DK in a lot of areas (yes i know, said a million times but 1 year since IC/Update 5 and mDKs have been in a rubbish state PvP since then).
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Destro ultimate. As I see it, we need something that won't be ground based. We got plenty of those! Meteor, Elemental Blockade and as a sorc I got even more (Liquid Lightning, Atronach, Negate)! Not to forget Nerien'Eth, one widely used set due to its bonus dmg. It's also ground based. Valkyn Skorya is a meh since it rellies on DoTs which are Sorcs short of. We could use something we can cast and not worry if the enemy boss will walk away from it since he cannot be cc-ed (good job with that meteor shower set, seems interesting). Maybe one of Soul Assault morphs could be non-channeling?

An interesting suggestion for Destro ultimate (imo at least). Cast it on a single target and that target becomes the source of damage. Something like "Deal X DMG to the target and another Y DMG over Zs. The closer the nearby enemies are the more dmg they take - up to 200%? (Another weapon against zerging!) Also cause additional effects based on the element used:
    Fire: Burn the affected enemies with infernal flames, dealing additional P% of their max health as Magic Damage for the duration.
    Frost: The affected enemies are slowed by S%. At the end of the effect they get frozen in place for 1/2s (undispllable maybe?) and dealt a portion of their max hp as Magic Damage.
    Shock: All affected targets become conduits and have a T% chance when dealt DoT from this ability to be struck by lightning damaging themselves and nearby enemy for the portion of their Max HP as Magical Damage.

*flies away*
    Edited by Aliniel on September 12, 2016 6:22PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!
    Aaaaaalright. Nerf Elemental Storm :D seriously ? I can't believe..

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.

Its still not as good as meteor in most situations, so I suspect it won't get slotted often, but the fact that it does 20% more damage overall (double damage for 6 seconds from 10) and "Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect." means that it is at least not useless.

My biggest problem with it IMO is that it pretty much only does damage. Meteor also has a burst and knock down, Bats can either heal or make invisible, Soul Tether has a stun and heal, and Veil and Nova have mitigation... There is no utility to it that will make me pick it over a lot of the options that are already available and I'm really not sure in what situation I would use it.
    Playing since beta...
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulstrike, another zerg tool for deal with solo players lol. Now everyone gets a beam!

a nerf? lol, read again

I read again and I still see the nerf. It's not any better than before. Its total damage is on slightly higher than before.
    You can double the damage, but if you cut the duration in half, then what's the point ? A 6s duration ult for 250 cost is not acceptable.

Its still not as good as meteor in most situations, so I suspect it won't get slotted often, but the fact that it does 20% more damage overall (double damage for 6 seconds from 10) and "Fiery Rage now deals 10% additional damage instead of granting a 100% chance to apply a burning effect." means that it is at least not useless.

My biggest problem with it IMO is that it pretty much only does damage. Meteor also has a burst and knock down, Bats can either heal or make invisible, Soul Tether has a stun and heal, and Veil and Nova have mitigation... There is no utility to it that will make me pick it over a lot of the options that are already available and I'm really not sure in what situation I would use it.

BINGO!!!

And when the damage it does is lower than another ultimate like Meteor they have designed something which will just never be used
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro ult is STILL GARBAGE. You really think I'd give up Standard of Might for an AOE that does less damage than the impact hit from meteor? LOL learn to design abilities that aren't stamina related for once, thanks @Wrobel
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • guul
    guul
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't understand:0 where is the balance in there?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why isn't the destro ultimate just a magic Dawnbreaker? The animation is already there.
    PC EU
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Destro ult is STILL GARBAGE. You really think I'd give up Standard of Might for an AOE that does less damage than the impact hit from meteor? LOL learn to design abilities that aren't stamina related for once, thanks @Wrobel

Oh yeah I forgot Standard of Might... no DK is going to slot this over it.

I think I might have one viable use case:

A Sorc that is too lazy to gather lore books for Meteor and wants an AoE damage ult.
    Playing since beta...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the One Tamriel inter-alliance travel system got fixed (no patch notes that I saw).

Characters can now move between all three Alliances from travel agents (Navigators) in main city in the first two zones. However, it is still not possible to get to Betnikh from Stros M'Kai without doing the quest. @ZOS_GinaBruno , curious if this is intended.

Edit: When did the number of Champion Points disappear from the Character Select screen?
    Edited by Elsonso on September 12, 2016 6:41PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭

a nerf? lol, read again

a nerf? lol, read again

Come on man. I know it's Monday but let's wake up here. It does more damage in a shorter period of time. That's a huge buff. Would you rather do 1000 dmg a second for ten seconds, or 2000 a second for 5 seconds? If you can't see that the 5 second option is better, then wow.