The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.0

• Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    as a Breton i am not pleased whit the 1% ap gain, i can already feel the hate i am going to get as a Breton player in cyrodil,
    give us a magica related bonus instead, something like 2% extra regen so that we wont have to feel like cheaters on the pvp leaderboard.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
    Options
  • xbutch
    xbutch
    speaking of year old bugs, can we have the health/magicka/stamina bars on consoles, please.
    Funny story there. This change was actually a bug (a very old one), and it was never intended that health bars be invisible while under the effect of consumables. That said, we've heard your feedback, and will be reverting this change in a future incremental patch.

Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why the nerf to Footmans???
    Options
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    I must say Town capture system at last on paper sounds good :) glad to see IC feedback put to use somewhere. Now just make IC the same way :) but again, props for giving PvPers some new content - ill post my concrete feedback once I test it.
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item sets are just becoming boring, such as Necropotence, Potentates and Syrabane. When the item set 3 or 5 piece bonuses aren't strong, it just all becomes the same meh of greyness where it doesn't really matter what you choose to use.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on June 28, 2016 7:25AM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Racial
    Argonian Skills
    Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%.
    NO!!!
    It now increases your Max Magicka by 1/2/3%, and continues to restore 4/8/12% of your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina whenever you drink a potion.
    YES!!!
    Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.
    Whew, too close.

Glad I'm not the only one who had this roller coaster of emotions. :D

I see you all enjoy swimming down the river of emotions, yes?
    Options
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    Nord 20 percent health recovery from 30 percent!? Really? Thanks for messing with my health recovery orgnam nightblade tank.

Nerf not needed. It hardly effects things and just upsets players. Leave it at 30. Still not as powerful as most classes.

Thanks
    Options
  • dwemer_cog11
    dwemer_cog11
    ✭✭
    Man, this racial passives changes. As if someone in ZOS rotates the "wheel of fortune"
    Options
  • GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Regarding the changes to these Sets,

As far as i know these are the only two "Skill line Specific" sets and as such should get fine tuned for the Werewolf

•Savior’s Hide: This item set now also increases your Weapon Damage while in Werewolf form in addition to reducing the Werewolf Transformation cost.

•Hide of the Werewolf: Updated this item set’s 2-, 3-, and 4-piece bonuses to provide Max Health, Max Stamina, and Weapon Damage, respectively, rather than providing Physical Resist, Max Health, and Max Stamina.

Could you not change them to "achually" be useful to werewolfs

Example

Saviours Hide:

2: Weapon Damage
    3: Critial/Stamina Option
    4: 25-30% more time in Were wolf Form or - 25%-50% more Duration added per use of devour
    5: Ultimate Cost Reduction

Hide of the Werewolf:

2: Health Regen/Stamina Regen/Magicka Regen
    3: Each Hit increases X
    4: Critical / Stamina Option
    5: 25%-50% more Duration added per use of devour
    Edited by GRYM.LOCKE on June 28, 2016 7:53AM
    Options
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Increasing duration of food and drinks on racials is pointless. Food and drinks last long enough and they are easy to make and simple to open the inventory and refresh it when it runs out. Buff their actual effect and NOT their duration.

A lot of us use health recovery because it meshes with DK passives, along with the heavy armor that many of us have retreated into. So if you need to nerf something to put this max stamina in nerf frost resistance. Make it 1% frost resistance or something.

Also, if you buff drinks actual effect then you won't have to nerf health recovery because the drinks will restore the lost health recovery. A lot of us use health recovery because it meshes with DK passives, along with the heavy armor that many of us have retreated into.

Except that first racial is supposed to be something useless (For pve/pvp gameplay anyway) - like swim speed, fall damage, pickpocketing and (miniscule) increases to xp/gold etc. So if they were to buff the effect of the food/drink, those classes would have an actual advantage in combat. Those passives are just meant to be something a little unique and lore based.
    Options
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    ZOS fix the mess you made with the sorcerer class!

Start with the inadequate passives, non-existent instant heals and missing defensive abilities, then address shield duration.

LOL I rofl so hard at all the people whining regarding sorcs, my friend still runs an op sorc, and can still 1vx like no problem. Learn to not run around with perma shields and use them when needed.
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Yet more proof that people who do not play this game do not understand the implications of the changes they make. Enjoy the racial balancing firestorm incoming. So many "smack head" moments reading these patch notes - which don't even add much to the game - and the damage these thoughtless changes do to all our hard work is hard to overstate.

could not agree more.

example nord and orc health recovery from 30 to 20 percent. not going to change much of anything but upset every single player who has golded out an orgnum scales set. just completely not necessary.
    Options
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    jknight201 wrote: »
    Shuichi wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this the full notes. Really no SORC changes. No DK changes. Just a visual change and call it George. LOL get ready for a second round of forums. I just know now not to waste my time contributing to them...

You've wasted your time posting in this thread 3-4 times already, the reason no sorc changes were made is because the vast majority of players aren't seeing the issues you are, since they've taken time to learn and adapt. L2P issue

The sorc problems are real. I guess everyone *but* you sees them. You just aren't hearing as much about them anymore because most people have accepted that Zos is too incompetent to balance classes in their game and have move on to other things/other games.

Not rly, my friend and a few others guys i know still run sorcs and are equally as strong pre DB release as they are now. Learn to not run around with perma shields and cast when needed.
    Edited by Chilla_Deluxe on June 28, 2016 8:07AM
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hollywood wrote: »
    And suddenly my Argonian Templar goes from underwhelimg to amazing :D

I rage deleted mine (HEALS-YOU-LONG-TIME) a few weeks ago... this one errects the spine of regret!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new racial changes look really good and will hopefully address a few of the concerns people had in the past. That being said I don't like some of the racial fluff changes.

The main dislike comes from the 1% more and the Orc's 10% one.

The Orc one whilst nice for crafters falls off once you've done all your craft levelling however, which none of the offer skills do.
    This is the biggest issue with this addition. My personal idea would be something like better repair costs which will stay relevant throughout the game and acknowledges their armourer skill bonus in previous TES games.

The reason I dislike the 1% bonuses is because (and no offence to the people who made them) they seem lazy and because there wasn't any better ideas which came to mind. I feel that between the community and ZOS there could be much more interesting options akin with the other races put here.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmstCntRob wrote: »
    Please boost breton a bit as well and give them magic damage extra, right now there is no apperent reason to pick a breton except its not an elf or beast race. if you want a bit more balance thats a good start.

increased ap - i predicts a lot of breton emps!
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited lol
    wrong thread
    Edited by Solid_Metal on June 28, 2016 8:38AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those Templates are rly rly awful. No new Sets, no Master Weapons, no Sets of the older DLCs and the sets that are there are often incomplete, no Jewelry on Sanctum Sets. How is anyone supposed to test stuff out?
    I'd rather have the PTS 2-3 weeks later but actually useful.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
    Options
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Item Sets
    • Blessing of the Potentates: Fixed an issue where this item set’s Ultimate cost reduction bonus was not multiplicative with other sources of Ultimate cost reduction.
    • Coat of the Red Mountain: Significantly increased this item set’s Flame Damage proc, but it can now only occur once every 2 seconds.
    • Darkstride: This item set now reduces the cost of Sprint and Crouch by 50%, up from 35%.
    • Footman’s Fortune: Reduced the amount of block mitigation provided by this item set to 8%, down from 12%.
    • Healer’s Habit: This item set’s bonus has been changed to grant Minor Mending.
    • Hide of the Werewolf: Updated this item set’s 2-, 3-, and 4-piece bonuses to provide Max Health, Max Stamina, and Weapon Damage, respectively, rather than providing Physical Resist, Max Health, and Max Stamina.
    • Ice Furnace: This item set’s Flame Damage proc damage has been increased, and it now hits all targets within an 8 meter radius.
    • Leeching Plate: Fixed an issue where the heal from this item set’s proc was double-dipping in the Critical Strike Chance modifier.
    • Necropotence: This item set’s Max Magicka bonus has been changed to a flat value instead of a percentage.
    • Robes of Destruction Mastery: This item set’s Max Magicka bonus has been changed to a flat value instead of a percentage.
    • Robes of the Necromancer: This item set no longer drops at end-game levels (Champion 160.) The set will be adjusted and reintroduced in a later update.
    • Savior’s Hide: This item set now also increases your Weapon Damage while in Werewolf form in addition to reducing the Werewolf Transformation cost.
    • Silks of the Sun: This item set now increases your Flame Damage by a flat amount instead of a percentage.
    • Storm Knight’s Plate: Increased the proc chance on this item set to 10%, up from 5%, and significantly increased the proc’s Shock Damage. Also, updated this item set’s 3- and 4-piece bonuses to provide Spell Resistance and Max Health, respectively, rather than providing Spell Damage for both.
    • Syrabane’s Grip: Clarified the tooltip for this item set’s proc to say that it only functions when blocking an ability that deals Flame, Frost, Shock, or Magic Damage. The proc can now only occur once every second.
    • Varen’s Wall: Fixed an issue where this item set’s bonus damage to your next area-of-effect attack was only applying to one target hit, instead of all targets hit.

is this changes retroactive?
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jknight201 wrote: »
    Shuichi wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this the full notes. Really no SORC changes. No DK changes. Just a visual change and call it George. LOL get ready for a second round of forums. I just know now not to waste my time contributing to them...

You've wasted your time posting in this thread 3-4 times already, the reason no sorc changes were made is because the vast majority of players aren't seeing the issues you are, since they've taken time to learn and adapt. L2P issue

The sorc problems are real. I guess everyone *but* you sees them. You just aren't hearing as much about them anymore because most people have accepted that Zos is too incompetent to balance classes in their game and have move on to other things/other games.

Not rly, my friend and a few others guys i know still run sorcs and are equally as strong pre DB release as they are now. Learn to not run around with perma shields and cast when needed.

"My friend" Your opinion is now completely irrelevant. Perhaps your friend can offer his opinions on his class and we can discuss further.

I can still 1vX on my sorc too. I also have 2 years of PvP experience with the class. Sorcs are not fine. 6 second shields for a class completely dependent on shields for survival is a severe nerf.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • WitchKing_of_Nirn
    Really like the idea of capturing towns in cyrodiil, but is there still discussion of actual battlegrounds?

I think a large portion of the pvp community would be most satisfied by bringing in a few que up BGs. I like the way you aproach building new content, but some moulds don't need to be broken. Some things just work because they work.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isarii wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, just to make certain I'm reading this right:
    Undaunted Chests Improvements
    We've improved the rewards from the Undaunted chests! Now, the items you obtain from these chests will always scale all the way up to your current level and Champion Rank.

Does this mean that previously acquired items will be bumped up when the gear cap is raised?

I want to make sure it doesn't just mean that they'll scale to your level at the time of the chest opening before I start celebrating.
    @Isarii I'm assuming not. It says the items you obtain from these chests will scale to your current level, meaning that when you get them from the chest, they will be scaled to your current level and not capped at CP140. To me, it doesn't suggest that they will continue to scale after you've obtained them.
    uso245 wrote: »
    I see a few people complaining about cp cap only going up 30 points but remember they're trying to level a playing field giving a chance to newer players to catch up as well.
    Indeed. Personally, I wasn't expecting more than 180, but I was expecting at least 39, but more realistically 69 or 99 (since 540, 570 and 600 are nice numbers).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    Nord 20 percent health recovery from 30 percent!? Really? Thanks for messing with my health recovery orgnam nightblade tank.

Nerf not needed. It hardly effects things and just upsets players. Leave it at 30. Still not as powerful as most classes.

Thanks

^^^^^ Yep. Nerf Frost Resistance if you want to fit max stamina in, please leave the health recovery alone.
    Armitas wrote: »
    Increasing duration of food and drinks on racials is pointless. Food and drinks last long enough and they are easy to make and simple to open the inventory and refresh it when it runs out. Buff their actual effect and NOT their duration.

A lot of us use health recovery because it meshes with DK passives, along with the heavy armor that many of us have retreated into. So if you need to nerf something to put this max stamina in nerf frost resistance. Make it 1% frost resistance or something.

Also, if you buff drinks actual effect then you won't have to nerf health recovery because the drinks will restore the lost health recovery. A lot of us use health recovery because it meshes with DK passives, along with the heavy armor that many of us have retreated into.

Except that first racial is supposed to be something useless (For pve/pvp gameplay anyway) - like swim speed, fall damage, pickpocketing and (miniscule) increases to xp/gold etc. So if they were to buff the effect of the food/drink, those classes would have an actual advantage in combat. Those passives are just meant to be something a little unique and lore based.
    A lot of us have been asking for this specifically apart from and before the pts. Now that it's RP it's like they have frozen it from possibility. Maybe they could slide frost resistance into the RP section instead.
    Edited by Armitas on June 28, 2016 10:25AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aenlir wrote: »
    Aenlir wrote: »
    Too hard to fix Dragonblood in pvp I guess... :'(

Git gud ZOS

Don't really know why people expect certain skills to be changed solely for pvp. They've already stated that it is what it is. L2P.

Lol. So pvp class balance doesn't matter? Okay. I guess it's crazy to want every spec to be able to play more or less equally competitive in pvp.

I'll definitely try to L2P with my 4K heal at low hp, thanks for the advice :).

You literally have 2 other non class heals you can use and 4K to burst under that, alongside a damage shield and major mending...don't forget to flap those wings and L 2 P.

4K is a burst? Vigor is a hot and can hit for 4.5k a tick at full health.
    Edited by Armitas on June 28, 2016 10:45AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Nikalja
    Nikalja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to always buy a token, if I want to change the hairstyle?
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will master weapons still drop from VDSA? Will they be nerfed or buffed?
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you screw people who rolled Nord tanks, Khajiit anything and give nothing to Altmer, Imperial or Breton races ?

BUT

For the people who could not read English you are giving all the buffs? Because only someone who can't read English would have thought it was healing done...

I deleted an Argonian Templar I had from April 2014 in April 2016 Now you make them viable?

Nice to see you "planning ahead" for this race change sale of yours...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer (NOT Khajiit) get reduced fall dmg?!? Where's the logic in that?!? Overall, I am not pleased by the racial changes. Giving 1% AP gain to one race (albeit small) seems unfair. I feel like Nords should get some kind of stamina buff too. Get rid of these 1% buffs and give the races something more fair and useful?
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who noticed that you'll be able to trade bind on pickup in the dungeons? That is one of the best thing in this patch since RNGesus loves to troll us.
    Options
  • spartanhunt
    spartanhunt
    Soul Shriven

Never have I seen so much crap in a game, what the hell is going with this Game changing the passive ability after two years playing it . Passive ability been changed for what ? So they can take more money off us. "Well" all that hard work we have done over the years for are builds will mean they are all going to be junk. This game now a load of crap to play.

They Can't fix anything in this Game. BUG, BUG, BUG, Warning to all . A lot of Gamers will leave ESO because of these changes

Options