Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Can I get my health bars back please - console

BigMac_Smiley
BigMac_Smiley
✭✭✭
Before IC update when you drank regen food your health bars would stay on screen and you would get arrows indicting that your bars where filling even when at full. Now after IC I get no bars on screen to tell me that I have active food on. The only appear when a bar is low and disappear once again when they are full.

I don’t know why this change was made but can it please be changed back to the way it was before. On console without buff timers it becomes difficult to know when I have food active. Sometime you just play for hours at a time and you forget to check in the character screen, and when you do that you forget that you no longer have a food buff. Please give me back my regen bars. It was the only buff timer I had.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 stop changing things that aren't broken
    Options
  • Jax.Brundvandt
    Sithisvoid wrote: »

+2
    Options
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +3
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't fired the game up yet but if this is the case for everyone then I will +4 this. Or at least have it so you can toggle :smile:
    Edited by Cazzy on September 16, 2015 3:43PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for having an option to toggle your stat bars on/off if they are under an effect from food or drink. (On all platforms)
    Edited by MissBizz on September 16, 2015 3:43PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +5 and i Play on PC....
    Edited by BuggeX on September 16, 2015 3:45PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Funny story there. This change was actually a bug (a very old one), and it was never intended that health bars be invisible while under the effect of consumables. That said, we've heard your feedback, and will be reverting this change in a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    +5 and i Play on PC....

Me too. I actually hate the bars (food) being on screen constant.. I want them gone. So a toggle (option) would make everyone happy ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Archmage1
    Archmage1
    ✭✭✭
    +6, we need this on console since we are unable to use addons.
    Edited by Archmage1 on September 16, 2015 3:49PM
    Options
  • Jax.Brundvandt
    Exactly... in console that's the only way to know when you are running off food!
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny story there. This change was actually a bug (a very old one), and it was never intended that health bars be invisible while under the effect of consumables. That said, we've heard your feedback, and will be reverting this change in a future incremental patch.

Have all my love! <3
    Options
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭

Awesome thanks for the quick replay.
    Options
  • muffit
    muffit

I wonder how long it'll be for this patch?
    PS4 - EU - AD - VR14 Stamina Nightblade
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly... in console that's the only way to know when you are running off food!
    Can't you check active effects in character menu? Your attribute bars should also be longer when food is active. I don't even use the on-screen timer on PC, it's not that hard to remember to refresh every 2 hours.

I'm all for a toggle, though.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    BuggeX wrote: »
    +5 and i Play on PC....

Me too. I actually hate the bars (food) being on screen constant.. I want them gone. So a toggle (option) would make everyone happy ;)

lol i thought about the effect of reg Food not showing a responce in the healthbar like it did :) so say the 3 arrows going over.

BTW @ZOS_GinaBruno

there is a Bug on Tripots or other Reg increes Bonus.

Magicka Arrows wandaring from left to right like Stamina not from right to left like it used to be :)

fix it pls :) it drives me insane, i allways think i have a crazy debuff
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the affect all platforms @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Is there still any talk of making this an optional toggle?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I actually LIKE this change so can it be optional (something in settings)

The OP has a very valuable add this topic which should be available to users, but others like myself would also not want to see this always. Considering the options allow off/on it would be awesome if the change is not reverted but instead works according to the settings offered.

:smiley:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Will the affect all platforms @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Is there still any talk of making this an optional toggle?

Yes, all platforms. There's discussion about changing the display in other ways, but the quickest thing for us to do was revert the change while we talk about what else can be done.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    Good decision but an option to toggle should please almost everybody.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all platforms. There's discussion about changing the display in other ways, but the quickest thing for us to do was revert the change while we talk about what else can be done.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm slightly confused. Which change are you reverting? Are you bringing back the visible buffs on health bars that were removed from console (per the request in this thread), or removing the visible buffs on health bars that were added to PC (per this thread)? Only one of these changes will be reverted, as they are opposite stances on the same issue.

PS: Options are good!
    Show Attribute Bars:
    Never - When Buffed - When in Combat - Always

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • attenchun
    attenchun
    ✭✭

yo it was better when u could see if your reg buff food still active or not!

+1 for changing it back as it was

Edited by attenchun on September 17, 2015 10:12AM
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to laugh, as it is the opposite of the problems that the recent changes elicited on the PC regarding the visibility of our magicka/health/stamina bars.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »

+2

+1 more
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +infinity

I win!
    Options
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭

any idea on WHEN this will take place? The game is already near unplayable after the patch and now what little play time we get, between getting kicked and excessive load times, is so glitchy that it makes the game very frustrating to do even the simplest things
    Options
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    I know I have the buff on, I like it better this way, where it doesn't show the mana and health bars constantly.
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
    |PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
    Options
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭

So much good here... thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno You guys can't put this back in place quick enough.

BTW: Us PS4 (and Xbox players) would sure appreciate the skyshard and lorebook add-on in the UI as well... (just sayin.)
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
    Options
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, bro. Bro Bro. This is one of the better fixes they made. I did not use any food or drink up to this point because of those stupid bars on the screen. I guess I can finally put my provisioner to work.

Now if we can just toggle on/off that compass, full immersion would once again be possible.

But please, Zen, keep the guild store search ability as cumbersome as possible. That's super fun. /sarcasm
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better drops in IC dungeons... +1
    Options