Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A noob crafter needs help

Bandit1215
Bandit1215
✭✭✭
With the release of DB, I am considered max level CP160, and I was wondering how I go about obtaining such large amounts of Rubedo leather and metal. I do not have Wroth gar and would like to know if there is anywhere else I can farm these mats.
CP 561
  • vSO HM - Completed
  • vAA - Completed
  • vHRC - Completed

• ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if there is any place to get this without being able to get to Wrothgar. I believe Imperial City is another location but again it requires you to be able to get there. Perhaps someone else has an idea.
  • KATObloodpaw
    KATObloodpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody tell me where in wrothgar?
    GT:Shock Value1134
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Character:
    cp 238
    Crafting levels:
    Blacksmith 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)
    Clothier 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)
    Woodworking 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)

OK, so I go to Glenumbra because I just started Cadwell's Gold. Note, the db release makes this a cp160 zone.
    Resource nodes found:
    Metal: Quicksilver Ore (cp 70-80)
    Cloth: Raw Silverweed (cp 70-80)
    Critter drops: Shadowhide scraps (cp 90-140)
    Wood: Rough Mahogany (cp 70-80)

Question 1) Why are nodes not set to cp 160 mats?

Drops when critters/enemies killed:
    Nightwood gear & weapons, Shadowspun light armor, Shadowhide medium armor, and voidsteel heavy armor & weapons.

Question 2) Why are drops not cp 160?

Treasure chests give cp 160 gear.
    Thieves troves give cp 160 gear.

stolen items are all cp 90-140 gear

Question 3) where do I find cp 160 mats in non-dlc zones..?
    thx.

Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you farm high level mats in Cyrodiil? I mean, it's risky but if you're in your faction's buff server it's not too bad. If you don't have any DLCs it'll get you what you need.

@KATObloodpaw Allllllll over Wrothgar. If you're looking for Rubedo leather Old Orsinium is a good spot.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Character:
    cp 238
    Crafting levels:
    Blacksmith 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)
    Clothier 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)
    Woodworking 50 9/10 (lvl cp 90-140)

OK, so I go to Glenumbra because I just started Cadwell's Gold. Note, the db release makes this a cp160 zone.
    Resource nodes found:
    Metal: Quicksilver Ore (cp 70-80)
    Cloth: Raw Silverweed (cp 70-80)
    Critter drops: Shadowhide scraps (cp 90-140)
    Wood: Rough Mahogany (cp 70-80)

Question 1) Why are nodes not set to cp 160 mats?

Drops when critters/enemies killed:
    Nightwood gear & weapons, Shadowspun light armor, Shadowhide medium armor, and voidsteel heavy armor & weapons.

Question 2) Why are drops not cp 160?

Treasure chests give cp 160 gear.
    Thieves troves give cp 160 gear.

stolen items are all cp 90-140 gear

Question 3) where do I find cp 160 mats in non-dlc zones..?
    thx.

Basic answer I believe is they just didn't get to it for DB. They DID get to it for Potency runes but the last note I saw on the PTS thread is that they will be making the rest of the materials scaled in the future.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the Adventure Zones (Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast) will have the VR15/16 nodes. The nodes scale to either your character or your material passive level. If both are maxed, then you will see all nodes in those zones drop VR15/16 stuff. Otherwise it is a 50/50 chance that either your character level or your material level will set the node.

I saw some Rubedo Wood and Ancestor Silk on my CP160 character that has no material passives in Wood or Cloth, only Metal.

Also, it is more important to make CP160 Weapons than CP160 armors. While there is a benefit to CP160 Armor, it is not all that much a difference. I do think if you use Gold Glyphs you get a nice boost in attributes, more so than if you did gold glyphs on CP150 stuff. But, making CP150 gear, improved to Purple, will get you real close to CP160 Gear. At least close enough that you will not feel gimped by using almost top level gear.
    Edited by Nestor on June 1, 2016 5:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sunskater
    sunskater
    Nestor wrote: »
    Any of the Adventure Zones (Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast) will have the VR15/16 nodes. The nodes scale to either your character or your material passive level. If both are maxed, then you will see all nodes in those zones drop VR15/16 stuff. Otherwise it is a 50/50 chance that either your character level or your material level will set the node.

I saw some Rubedo Wood and Ancestor Silk on my CP160 character that has no material passives in Wood or Cloth, only Metal.

Also, it is more important to make CP160 Weapons than CP160 armors. While there is a benefit to CP160 Armor, it is not all that much a difference. I do think if you use Gold Glyphs you get a nice boost in attributes, more so than if you did gold glyphs on CP150 stuff. But, making CP150 gear, improved to Purple, will get you real close to CP160 Gear. At least close enough that you will not feel gimped by using almost top level gear.

But at the OP's crafting level, shouldn't they be seeing Void Bloom & Nightwood? I'm confused! :)
    Valan'yi (AD): CP160+ Bosmer stamblade ranger.
    Ayannis (DC): CP160+ Breton magplar healer.
    Sarsthor (EP): Lv7 Nord dragonknight tank...someday...

Master Clothier & Woodworker. All levels & sets, 9 traits, many styles. All enchantments.
    Provisions, potions & poisons available for all situations (except Psijic Ambrosia).

PSN: Sunskater
    PS4/NA
  • sunskater
    sunskater
    Oops, it wasn't the OP. See, I'm confused!

Master Clothier & Woodworker. All levels & sets, 9 traits, many styles. All enchantments.
    Provisions, potions & poisons available for all situations (except Psijic Ambrosia).

PS4/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunskater wrote: »

But at the OP's crafting level, shouldn't they be seeing Void Bloom & Nightwood? I'm confused! :)

@sunskater

You are refering to post #4? Yes, you would think they would see Tier 9 mats more often. But, perhaps that only happens in adventure zones. The other, "Legacy" zones appear to be working as intended, where you see either mats for that zone, or a chance for mats at your material level. Quite frankly, the zones should only drop their intermediate mats originally intended for that zone, but I can see how someone would be at CP160 now even starting Silver and should have a chance to farm mats they need.

I just hope the original leveling zones still have original level mats in all nodes to make farming to make low level gear still a thing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sunskater
    sunskater
    Nestor wrote: »
    sunskater wrote: »

@sunskater

You are refering to post #4? Yes, you would think they would see Tier 9 mats more often. But, perhaps that only happens in adventure zones. The other, "Legacy" zones appear to be working as intended, where you see either mats for that zone, or a chance for mats at your material level. Quite frankly, the zones should only drop their intermediate mats originally intended for that zone, but I can see how someone would be at CP160 now even starting Silver and should have a chance to farm mats they need.

I just hope the original leveling zones still have original level mats in all nodes to make farming to make low level gear still a thing.

Thanks.

PS4/NA
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furthermore, you can buy mats in IC for tel var stones... but i guess that will be a bit of a pain. ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    furthermore, you can buy mats in IC for tel var stones... but i guess that will be a bit of a pain. ;)

How many mats would around 10k stones get me?
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thx but Wrothgar, Hew's Bane and Gold Coast are DLC content. Craglorn nodes drop cp 90-140 mats. I didn't see the PTS note about mats being scaled in the future but pretty likely I just missed it. So, ZOS has all these brand new CP 160's running around improving their gear with purchased mats. Man, bet someone's banking a ton of gold selling all those cp150-160 mats!!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me rubedo leather is the easiest to get, run around killing skeevers, crabs and these sorts of critters and you get rubedo leather..

Rubedite and ruby ash are also pretty easy to get..

Ancestor silk is the hardest for me to get...

Gold coast there is a place with those Dreugh at like a lagoon.. farm them.. I got about 30 rubedo leather off of them in one circle..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

How many mats would around 10k stones get me?

hmmm not sure. i think they cost around 50tv each => 200?

but you might consider buying other items for your tv stones, sell those items and buy mats with the money you made by selling these items. It's possible to buy now hakeijo for 5k tv stones each. the price of a hakeijo was around 30k before this patch (i think it might drop now as they can be bought).
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    You'll need to be 10/10 in order to see and farm Rubidite and Ancestor Silk in Hews Bane, Wrothgar etc where the nodes scale. Honestly, once you have your points in I think you'll be surprised at how great the farming for nodes is!

For Rubedo, definitely kill everything. Creatures especially in Wrothgar drop rubedo at a nice drop rate and Wrothgars Old Orsinium public dungeon ( in the SW near the Siege Wayshrine) can be a great place to grind for those mats as well. (don't forget to loot urns as well, you can get decon stuff that will give you one per piece...it adds up)

Good Luck!✨
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The DLC zones (Imperial City, Wrothgar, Hew Bane and Gold Coast) are the best places to farm CP150-160 mats.

If you have the craft maxed out and invested the skillpoints to make CP150-160 gear you'll find decent amounts of harvest nodes.

If you dont have the craft maxed out you need to deconstruct gear that drops from mobs.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI... Got to Hew's Bane yesterday and the ore, cloth and wood nodes spawned in mats from 90-140 and 150-160. I have 9/10 in all these skills so ok. Critters dropped shadowhide exclusively.
    On another note: Oils, hilarious!! I got the highest level oil from abusing mammoths in Malabar Tor and the lowest (ichor.sp.) from the giant lizard things in Hew's Bane. Seems the critter's DNA is determined by my alchemy skill level of 1. ROFL! Why can't zones simply be set mat level rather than this confusing mish-mash mess? (Rhetorical question)
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I feel like lower level gear (and by that I mean CP0 - CP140) isn't going to be as big of a thing anymore because of CP sharing. Anyone with only one vet/level 50 character is already going to skip most of those lower tier materials. You will only ever need them on one character now. It kind of makes them obsolete sadly.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like lower level gear (and by that I mean CP0 - CP140) isn't going to be as big of a thing anymore because of CP sharing. Anyone with only one vet/level 50 character is already going to skip most of those lower tier materials. You will only ever need them on one character now. It kind of makes them obsolete sadly.

Yup! Alts will now go from level 49 to cp 160 in the blink of an eye. For example, right now, I have a level 13 alt with 240 cp's. There will be no profit in farming Cadwell's silver or gold ores, woods, cloths, or leathers either. imo.

The current in-game gold rush for cp 160 mats will last for another couple of weeks.

I believe steady sources of in-game gold will continue to come from lower level raw mats for two reasons:
    Most players will want to get those alts to end game as quickly as possible so they'll be buying mats rather than harvest for themselves.
    And, ZOS is positioning for a campaign to expand player base. They "tipped their hand" with the in-game video clips of players in each faction's undaunted camp saying "...for a future trailor." I look for a mid-summer "join the fun" ad campaign.