The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stealth nerf to Puncturing Sweep :(

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We never purposely leave notes out from the patch notes; we'll double check if this was intended or not, and get back to you.

LOL
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS,

Delete the Templar Class.

Thanks,
    A Templar Since Beta
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    It is a tad OPed, I mean you really never need to heal while attacking with this skill....I have a vr 16 Templar, losing 5 percent isn't going to hurt much if at all . But then again I would sooner keep the 40 percent... :p

I think you missed the part where Nifty explained exactly why the nerf was so stupid and pointless.

@Nifty2g said and I quote "Puncturing Sweep heal has never saved me in PvP as it is a heal based on a damage then takes the battle spirit heal reduction to it, it also doesn't work against shields and it can't crit.

But lets nerf it, if anything it needed a buff and it needed to be able to crit heal."
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    But with the change to the restorying light passive, doesn't this skill's heal now get a 30% buff for its heal?

No, major mending was nerfed to 25% whereas focused healing was 30%. So actually it is a 10% nerf if you count that along with the puncturing sweep nerf.

Didn't it NOT buff puncturing sweeps heal before since it was an aedric spear skill and that passive only buffed restoring light heals?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted content removed]

I definitely agree that this hidden nerf is frustrating, but I wouldn't go that far. She gets paid to relay to us what the combat team tells her. She isn't a programmer, so there is no way for her to go and see exactly what all they have changed. The combat team is the culprit here.
    But with the change to the restorying light passive, doesn't this skill's heal now get a 30% buff for its heal?

No, major mending was nerfed to 25% whereas focused healing was 30%. So actually it is a 10% nerf if you count that along with the puncturing sweep nerf.

Didn't it NOT buff puncturing sweeps heal before since it was an aedric spear skill and that passive only buffed restoring light heals?

You are correct on that.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 3:01AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    No, don't get back this 5%. Boost the skill to the point it will heal same as before, but does the boosted damage you promised.

Note aside, it remembered me the stamsorc fight for a buff and the "great" change of lightning form...

Oooh, saaay, that's nice. Boost current damage by a multiplier of 1.14286.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

No.

Old skill: increases the healing effects from your Restoring Light abilities by 30% to allies standing in an areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

New skill: Grants major mending (+25% healing done) while standing in areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

Overall a better skill, but still a 5% ish nerf.

you are kinda forgetting you get mayor mending from heavy attacks with resto staff aswell. so you could even call it a larger nerf.
  • ZOS_KNowak
    ZOS_KNowak
    ✭✭✭
    Joy_Division,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This change was intended, and we apologize for missing the patch note for it. Ultimately, the rationale was that the change to the Focused Healing passive means Puncturing Sweep is now eligible for that healing bonus and will heal for more than compared to Live. So we reduced Puncturing Sweep's healing by 5% to compensate; in the end, it's still a net buff to total healing.
    Gameplay Designer
    ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »
    We never purposely leave notes out from the patch notes; we'll double check if this was intended or not, and get back to you.
    [Quoted content removed]

of please...

let's focus on the matter.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 3:01AM
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete
    Edited by timidobserver on February 4, 2016 11:55PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_KNowak wrote: »
    Joy_Division,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This change was intended, and we apologize for missing the patch note for it. Ultimately, the rationale was that the change to the Focused Healing passive means Puncturing Sweep is now eligible for that healing bonus and will heal for more than compared to Live. So we reduced Puncturing Sweep's healing by 5% to compensate; in the end, it's still a net buff to total healing.

I thought as much. Thank you :)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joy_Division,

Thank you for clarifying this here.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy_Division,

Thank you for clarifying this here.

Now let us soak in the hot springs of satisfaction.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

No.

Old skill: increases the healing effects from your Restoring Light abilities by 30% to allies standing in an areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

New skill: Grants major mending (+25% healing done) while standing in areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

Overall a better skill, but still a 5% ish nerf.

I think what he might be saying is now that we get Major Mending affecting all heals rather than the old passive, there is potential for PS to have an even greater heal than ever before.

He is not wrong. But since you have to be standing in a Purifying circle or Rune (hahaha), it will be on-again off-again.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division Nice catch man. I wonder how many more ninja-nerfs are hidden in this patch somewhere.

Templar's have been the target of so many undocumented changes since launch that this sort of thing is very disconcerting.

The terrible Global Cooldown placed on Toppling charge early after launch was also an undocumented chance that broke the skill and still breaks it today. I hope ZOS can understand, given the rocky history of this class, why Templars feel so strongly about small things like this.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are all stupid in believing ZOS was going to buff up our Templar class even if it was by a little bit. Lmao this class well glad I have 100ambrosia potions to burn through I can go make some fotm class since Templars won't be around for Darkbrotherhood
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy_Division,

OK, but realistically that buff isn't going to apply 95% of the time, because when you're DPSing with Puncturing Sweep you're almost never going to be inside Cleansing Ritual, Rite of Passage or Rune Focus. When you're healing it's reasonable to expect you might be in one of those and benefiting from the Major Mending buff, but not when you're DPSing.

Having said that, I'm not overly concerned with this change because it's not a massive nerf to the healing, and I always kind of felt like the healing from Sweep was a little better than it should be. For PVE anyway. I don't think the heal is very effective in PVP.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say I'm surprised, but after playing a templar main since the game began.... no. I'm not surprised.

Not at all.

*sigh*

Just another nerf to add to the pile, and yet another stealth nerf at that.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted content removed]

There were a lot of changes and it may not even be intended, chill out.

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 3:07AM
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted content removed]

She gets paid to find the answer and to give it back to us, not to know it dude
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 3:07AM
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

HAHAHA
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I am more interested in is the cost increase shown in those two tooltips ...
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    What I am more interested in is the cost increase shown in those two tooltips ...

Yeah.. costs more, heals less. BOL now heals less, but still costs the same as well. And this on the class with the worst resource management skills and passives? What's up with this?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Puncturing Sweep heal has never saved me in PvP as it is a heal based on a damage then takes the battle spirit heal reduction to it, it also doesn't work against shields and it can't crit.
    e

I stopped using this in PvP for that exact reason (as well as the CC), I doubt this skill change will make me want to put it back on especially seeing Dark Flare got buffed which is what I currently use.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy_Division,

Now it only makes sense when you make focused healing a mobile buff yes? Come ooooonn.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this stealth buff is actually WAY better then the live version for PvE, yes you have to have another skill on your bar but most magicka Templars should be using Rune anyway as now you are actually getting a 65% buff to healing plus the quick recovery CP passive provides me with another 10% on top of that which provides excellent Self Healing!

Still no good for PvP tho :tongue:
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, please remember to keep any criticism civil and constructive. Attacking or bashing others is not acceptable behavior on the forums, and it's important to follow the forum rules. Some posts have been removed.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Hi everyone, please remember to keep any criticism civil and constructive. Attacking or bashing others is not acceptable behavior on the forums, and it's important to follow the forum rules. Some posts have been removed.
    so we can't say anything about how poorly Templars have been handled the last 2 years?

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    so we can't say anything about how poorly Templars have been handled the last 2 years?

I agree, I mean we all need to stay polite, but looking at the specific threads asking about feedback on class skill changes - Sorcs 3 pages, NB 4 pages, DK 4 pages, Templar - 9 pages. I don't think that people who play Templars are somehow inherently more given to complaining than other people, so this is surely an indication that people who play Templars feel that something is not right. And not getting any better in the near future.

I actually like playing Templar in PvE, but I find I end up with loads of skillpoints left over, because half of their class skills are useless. And nothing is being done to improve that situation.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy_Division,

Smh....play as you want is getting harder and harder due to ZOS intended nerfs
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501