The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Stealth nerf to Puncturing Sweep :(

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone who mains a templar, I have learned to take records of what my character and skills look before and after a patch because there is always some undocumented nerfs. It's the only class in the game I have to do this with.

Puncturing Sweep on Live:

live%20jabs_zps4hy6t5yr.jpg

Puncturing Sweeps on the PTS:

pts%20jabs_zps0pmezisa.jpg

And, of course, nothing in the patch notes documenting this nerf to the heal.

"Puncturing Strikes: This ability and its morphs no longer knockback and apply crowd control immunity to the nearest enemy on the final hit; instead, they now snare that enemy by 70% for two seconds."

Did crystal frags lose 5% on its proc rate? Did surprise attack lose 5% of it's damage? Does Lava whip heal for 5% less? Is there some sort of commensurate nerf to the other class's main skills I have to compete against or is this just another random, gratuitous, and unnecessary nerf to templars?

Does your combat team even understand the only way for a magicka templar to complete PvE content in this game like Maelstrom and compete against the high damage infinite sustain DPS builds so common in Cyrodiil is to spam puncturing sweep? You are already gutting what little "tank" tools templars have left with the purifying ritual "fix," the flat breath of life nerf, and you forcing us to stand in our little tiny focus (even though you specifically designed the new PvE content that necessitates movement!). No, the 1% buff to our tiny shield that cannot even mitigate a basic attack in Cyrodiil is not going to make up for all this loss in our ability to sustain and survive against the damage we face with no soft caps.

If anything, the heal needs to be buffed by 5%!

Edit: NOTE, I too saw the cost increase, but I am fairly certain this is due to the fact that on Live I have 501 CPS while on the test server we have 301. If the PTS simply suppresses the last 200 CPs we invested, that probably would account for the difference as I first invested in regeneration and then cost reduction.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh ZOS... they love their hide and seek nerfs xD
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising, we're talking about Templars after all.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change was listed, and is a good change IMO. Now, you can choose by yourself when do you want to CC your enemy, even if in critic situation (like in VMA) you don't have the time to choose.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    This change was listed, and is a good change IMO. Now, you can choose by yourself when do you want to CC your enemy, even if in critic situation (like in VMA) you don't have the time to choose.

He's talking about the 5% healing nerf that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. He even highlighted it in his screenshot... did you even read the OP?
    Edited by Zheg on February 4, 2016 11:19PM
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is healing 5% less.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this one ? I haven't see it, sorry.
    That might be a problem, indeed. Need some clarification from a ZOS.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew that 35% looked off to me. I am sure they will say something along the lines of "It was meant to be 35% all along, we are just updating the tooltip now."

You should really read the OP again.

Edited by danno8 on February 4, 2016 11:23PM
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that matters is the camel spits diarrhea

Edited by hammayolettuce on February 5, 2016 4:43AM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if Wrobel even does anything at ZOS or if he's just a face to blame.

Puncturing Sweep heal has never saved me in PvP as it is a heal based on a damage then takes the battle spirit heal reduction to it, it also doesn't work against shields and it can't crit.

But lets nerf it, if anything it needed a buff and it needed to be able to crit heal.

What a joke
    #MOREORBS
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is pretty frustrating. I wonder what the point of the 5% nerf was.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if Wrobel even does anything at ZOS or if he's just a face to blame.

Puncturing Sweep heal has never saved me in PvP as it is a heal based on a damage then takes the battle spirit heal reduction to it, it also doesn't work against shields and it can't crit.

But lets nerf it, if anything it needed a buff and it needed to be able to crit heal.

What a joke

100% agree. What a joke.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for *** sake. *** you Zos just *** you.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar. What other reason is needed at this point? They literally have a two year history of doing this over and over.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It was probably on the same vein of thought that enlightened wrobel to make radial sweep's radius go from 5m to 6m and to make radiant ward increase by 6% when standing next to someone instead of 5%.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went on the PTS to be sure.

Yup. It's 35% :'(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    it's not so bad after all! may be the 70% reduce movment is even better for spamming it.

anyway, i remember there where people talking about punturing strike was a garbage morph. unbelievable!
    it's the best skill of the game and you have since the tutorial prison.

after this change i think is still the best.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But with the change to the restorying light passive, doesn't this skill's heal now get a 30% buff for its heal?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We never purposely leave notes out from the patch notes; we'll double check if this was intended or not, and get back to you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, perhaps you're right ! If so, it's finally a good buff !
    Hope it work, my magplar pray for her sake.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angry-computer-meme.png
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    But with the change to the restorying light passive, doesn't this skill's heal now get a 30% buff for its heal?

No.

Old skill: increases the healing effects from your Restoring Light abilities by 30% to allies standing in an areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

New skill: Grants major mending (+25% healing done) while standing in areas of protection created by Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual and Rune Focus

Overall a better skill, but still a 5% ish nerf.
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 4, 2016 11:37PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, major mending was nerfed to 25% whereas focused healing was 30%. So actually it is a 10% nerf if you count that along with the puncturing sweep nerf.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 4, 2016 11:39PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you are standing in cleansing ritual, rune focus or rite of passage. According to tooltips. I haven't tested.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of a running joke with Templars. Come, swim in the river of laughter before you drown in the bog of tears.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 4, 2016 11:53PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We never purposely leave notes out from the patch notes; we'll double check if this was intended or not, and get back to you.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will Wrobel be on the next ESO live?
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the actual *** ZOS?

Is it EVER going to be enough? I mean, sincerely, more and more it feels like you just wanna do away with this class. Us templars have been through more nerfs than ANY other class for the past 2 years. And the idiotic thing is, we were NEVER the FOTM. Its not like we are so OP that you have to come in to balance us. You said you were going to BUFF. Yet nerf after nerf after nerf.

You are so infuriating. STOP touching the one thing we had going for us, our heals. Give it back. Give back that 5%, its not set in stone, please stop doing this to us!

And bad form, I must say. Being sneaky like that. Bad form.

[Edited to remove auto-censor bybass]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 2:45AM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a tad OPed, I mean you really never need to heal while attacking with this skill....I have a vr 16 Templar, losing 5 percent isn't going to hurt much if at all . But then again I would sooner keep the 40 percent... :p
    Edited by Reevster on February 4, 2016 11:46PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, don't get back this 5%. Boost the skill to the point it will heal same as before, but does the boosted damage you promised.

Note aside, it remembered me the stamsorc fight for a buff and the "great" change of lightning form...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did it to us again.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted content removed]

This isn't even the first time templars have had un-noted nerfs that were 'not purposely' left out of the patch notes
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 5, 2016 3:00AM
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"