The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Spy Addon Group Damage

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.
    very frustrating that eso allows these types of things, i hate it.

I'm sorry, but its not possible to hide low dps from experienced teammates.
    Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

dude. average is 12-17k dps. 20k+ is great skill. 30k+ is alot of mobs around the boss. 40k plus is all aoe. i can do 60k on my v3 nb in vet grinding alkir zombies. dont be a liar

I guess I'm finding PuGs in the wrong areas because I'm seeing the "average" of a PuG DPS to be closer to 10k. I levelled up the undaunted skill on two characters in the fall and found I could estimate how good/bad the group was from its overall DPS on bosses (estimated from my DPS from FTC combined with the boss hitpoints):
    • < 20k = Slow going for even easy dungeons, very hard for tough dungeons, and impossible for dungeons like CoA, ICP, WGT
    • ~30k = Average for most PuGs, very hard to complete tougher dungeons like CoA, ICP, WGT
    • >40k = Easy mode for most dungeons
    • >60k = Easy mode for all dungeons (very rare to get a PuG in this range)

Keep in mind that is the total combined DPS for the *group* for your average boss fight. Finding a DPS in a PuG that can actually output >20k themselves in a boss fight is not common and a very pleasant surprise.

Its interesting to see what people consider their DPS when it boils down to a single number. For example, on my magicka NB I've gotten above 50k in short AoE fights but its seems a little disingenuous to use that number for anything useful. On single-target boss fights I've gotten anywhere from 8-25k so I typically say my DPS is 10k as that I can guarantee that number. Yes, I can get 20k on some fights but on other fights I won't be able to get anywhere near that. Perhaps I'm selling myself short by using such a low-ball amount.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.
    very frustrating that eso allows these types of things, i hate it.

Its not if your don't invest time in the game you can't be the best its same thing in real life...

Now start grinding for gear and practice and get uBer macros !
    Options
  • Unassailable
    Unassailable
    ✭✭✭
    official answer from ZOS
    but from the site of addon's

WAyNXgB.png
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    People totally exaggerate about this.

It's so rare to encounter players pulling 30k dps single target in pugs(outside of Overload builds). Because well, they dont join pugs like ever or willingly to begin with. They only do dungeon and groups with other players pulling 30k dps lol. They run with perfect setup that helps them achieve those numbers, keeping all buffs up and knowing when and how to stack.

When you join a pug, people will be super happy if you get at least 15k dps. Even 10k is fine for most VR dungeons and enough to not get kicked or made fun of. I also doubt anyone outside of hardcore min/max PvE guilds will even bother downloading this addon.

Taking a pug or 2 along with you on a dungeon is super funny sometimes. Have brought tanks a healers that literally couldn't comprehend how we kill stuff so fast lol. But I agree that for the most part you will have a hard time finding pugs like that.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why some players are so against and afraid of any kind of group performance measurement tool, especially as most content is tuned assuming some minimal level of performance.

I'd much prefer to see my performance and be able to compare my performance to others and be able to make adjustments as needed rather than play guessing games and just assuming I and the rest of my group are performing adequately.

That which isn't measured cannot be improved.

Options
  • Unassailable
    Unassailable
    ✭✭✭
    in text
    This is something we've been discussing internally. The existence of the unit id in combat events that don't involve you was an oversight and not intended at the time the change was made. I don't want you to waste a lot of time working with it only to have it patched out, so I'd be wary for the time being.

Edited by Unassailable on January 15, 2016 8:23PM
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part all this will be used for is discouragement and griefing.
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in text
    This is something we've been discussing internally. The existence of the unit id in combat events that don't involve you was an oversight and not intended at the time the change was made. I don't want you to waste a lot of time working with it only to have it patched out, so I'd be wary for the time being.
    You need to post a link to the source so we can verify...simply posting this is completely out of context. There is nothing in that statement that dictates he's even talking about this addon, it's programming or even it is from today.

At the moment this means nothing....
    Edited by Cuyler on January 15, 2016 8:51PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    For the most part all this will be used for is discouragement and griefing.
    So the solution to some people beeing unfriendly a**holes is to hide information that benefits all other people?
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    That which isn't measured cannot be improved.
    This.

Before I made this addon I never knew how good I was compared to others, I only play casual since a very long time, I don't even have a max level char, but in LFG dungeons I at least know that I don't hold others down without any way of knowing it.

For many people, including me, just trying to be 1st place also makes the game more interesting.

I know there are idiots that insult you over bad dmg, but come on, even in WoW that was pretty rare, and mostly affected people that intentionally didn't do much in dungeons, and those people are here too. I stopped playing my healer because of that, LFG dungeons were just pure horror with DDs that do less dmg than I do as healer. And the sad part, many of them probably don't even do it intetionally, they just don't know that their build is just crap, or that they do something really wrong.

Those people should have no problem with this addon though, it only helps in that regard, everybody can improve to a level where he isn't a burden to the rest of the group.

This addon only negatively affects people who want others to carry them and do all the work for them, people who refuse to improve. I'm ultra casual, my build is just random skills I like to use or want to level, yet I do up to 60% of the dmg sometimes, and I never fall in regions where I'd have to feel bad. There is no reason people who aren't intetionally bad because of lazyness should be afraid of this addon.

Edit: And I think people going in a dungeon and doing literally nothing because others have no way of knowing is a bigger problem than some idiots insulting others over dmg.

And if you're in a guild that does this, well, you may be in the wrong guild then.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 15, 2016 9:01PM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    in text
    You need to post a link to the source so we can verify...simply posting this is completely out of context. There is nothing in that statement that dictates he's even talking about this addon, it's programming or even it is from today.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=1259#comments

here you go.

But we just had the addon author speaking, so it should be trustable now ?

Problem solved anyway, good thing.

@coolmodi :
    So the solution to some people beeing unfriendly a**holes is to hide information that benefits all other people?

No, it's to ask people if they're ready to make that information public.

Don't even want to comment on the rest of your paragraph, you're entitled to your opinion, but in my world, it stinks, sorry.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 15, 2016 9:03PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    official answer from ZOS
    but from the site of addon's

WAyNXgB.png

This is pretty disappointing, but I pretty much figured as much. Honestly, if I had figured what the author of this add-on did, I would have never posted the add-on publically.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 15, 2016 9:06PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty disappointing, but I pretty much figured as much. Honestly, if I had figured what the author of this add-on did, I would have never posted the add-on publically.

Don't regret : I (or anyone else feeling like me about it) would have started a discussion about it as soon as we'd have found out anyway... at least this way, the author won't invest work into it for "nothing"...

Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's it we get a nice addon and now they are removing it from now on i'm kicking from my group anyone who's dps sucks i don't need an addon to tell me who sucks dpsing i just have to pay attention, as the healer is something i do all the time.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on January 15, 2016 9:20PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here you go.

Thanks? At the time of my post the author hadn't posted sooo yea not sure why u so salty I asked for a source.
    Edited by Cuyler on January 15, 2016 9:21PM
    Options
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    So they actually put something useful into the addon API and it is an "oversight".. if this gets patched up I will be very sad..
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭

Just why? This is no personal information, it's just some numbers representing what you do, I even think other groupmembers should have a right to know if someone in the group just lets them do all the work.

Again, only those lazy egoists that think the rest should work for them have a reason to fear something like this.

In other cases this addon can only help, whether it is to compare yourself with others, or to improve yourself, or help others get better, which is something I would even trust this community doing. Ignoring a few special childish people who insult just for not beeing great surely can't be that much of a problem, right?

I know when I still raided and did vet dungeons it was hell to find out where the problem was when wiping, it was impossible to find out if someone just played wrong completely, something like that would've been great to have. And I can't say it enough: If you want to be good, you can at least be good enough to not be a burden for others, if you don't want to do that, then MAYBE don't play with other people that actually want to "win". Intentionally holding others back should not be supported and made easy (again).

Edited by coolmodi on January 15, 2016 9:38PM
    Options
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    in text

here you go.

@coolmodi :

Don't even want to comment on the rest of your paragraph, you're entitled to your opinion, but in my world, it stinks, sorry.

Ask people what? If they are wasting other people's time? All this does is give group members and idea if you carry your weight. It should be implied when you join a group that you won't have to get in the wheel barrel to finish the content the group set forth to complete.
    Edited by Xjcon on January 15, 2016 9:53PM
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't regret : I (or anyone else feeling like me about it) would have started a discussion about it as soon as we'd have found out anyway... at least this way, the author won't invest work into it for "nothing"...
    I respect your opinion and as good as your reasons are, this is a two-way street. You, ZOS and everyone else sharing this opinion need to realize that this addon improves the gaming experience for those who truly wish to do better, be better and ultimately elevate the limits of this game.

There needs to be a line drawn between those who carry an "elitist" attitude and those who are truly elite. Being elite in as of itself is not wrong....being a **** "elitist" is, there's a difference...and the few give the rest of us a bad name. Unfortunately, this is why we can't have nice things.

For every d-bag "elitist"; there are 10000 crappy dps. Think about that.

Edited by Cuyler on January 15, 2016 11:38PM
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't like these things then take your carebear cancer back to skyrim and don't participate in an mmo. If you're in my group and your dps is sucking a fat one then I deserve to know you are getting carried so I can either A. Help you with your build or B. Know not to rez you if you die.

If you don't like all the info given to you on pc then you can always just go to console, where there is a distinct lack of any information, and enjoy all the immurshuns

Between your commentary and your signature, you sound like the sort of awful person that this mod was designed for. Bravo, sir.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »

If you don't like these things then take your carebear cancer back to skyrim and don't participate in an mmo. If you're in my group and your dps is sucking a fat one then I deserve to know you are getting carried so I can either A. Help you with your build or B. Know not to rez you if you die.

If you don't like all the info given to you on pc then you can always just go to console, where there is a distinct lack of any information, and enjoy all the immurshuns

Between your commentary and your signature, you sound like the sort of awful person that this mod was designed for. Bravo, sir.

I'm not really a fan of the whole kick you out of the group because you suck thing. The only time I will stop helping you or running with you is if you refuse to learn and being ignorant. I really enjoy helping people but Anita is just one of those people that cries just to cry and doesn't want to get any better. Back when maelstrom came out I did a step by step walkthrough of how to clear it with one of the hardest specs in the game for it and the people that listened and followed eventually managed to clear but all she does is complain complain complain and that's not what this game needs, there's already enough QQers out there.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One of the best add-ons we've found and what would have been an awesome tool for the upcoming raid progression phase and its going to be taken away because scrubs would rather whine on the forums about not wanting people to know they suck than L2P. The people here complaining would never even have a shot at groups where this add-on even matters so why is it a big deal?
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="Miszou;2600010"
    awful person that this mod was designed for.[/quote]

This addon was designed for every player that doesn't intentionally want to suck while playing with other HUMAN people. Wanting to be good is not awful, wanting to win is nothing bad, beeing a burden to others and wasting their tiome IS.

If you can change it, but just don't know you perform sub-par in the first place, this addon can help.
    If you are good and could help others, this addon will help. (Great for guilds!)
    If you are lazy and bad, your build sucks, and you don't want to improve and just let the others in the group do everything, this addon will hurt.

You can always find a guild with other people who also don't care, if you have fun wiping over and over or taking 10min for a non-vet boss, great, but don't make people who don't suffer for you.

Imho ZOS has to figure out whether they want an MMO, or a singleplayer game with some online aspects. This is not just about this addon, but about some other things too. Duels beeing one big thing I also don't understand not beeing there. Probably because some hypersensitive people could get their feelings hurt when loosing a stupid, absolutely irrelevant duel.

tl;dr: You are free to play however you want alone, but demanding (random) others to not be able to see you slacking off while wasting their time is not OK.

Edited by coolmodi on January 15, 2016 10:18PM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy helping people but Anita is just one of those people that cries just to cry and doesn't want to get any better. Back when maelstrom came out I did a step by step walkthrough of how to clear it with one of the hardest specs in the game for it and the people that listened and followed eventually managed to clear but all she does is complain complain complain and that's not what this game needs, there's already enough QQers out there.

Do we know each other ? Have we ever played together ? Where do I complain ? I think you are mistaking me for someone else, sir. What do I have to do with your MSA walkthrough ? where have I complained about MSA ?
    Get your facts together.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 15, 2016 10:15PM
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

One of the best add-ons we've found and what would have been an awesome tool for the upcoming raid progression phase and its going to be taken away because scrubs would rather whine on the forums about not wanting people to know they suck than L2P. The people here complaining would never even have a shot at groups where this add-on even matters so why is it a big deal?
    It would not be a big deal at all if it wasn't for the "spying" part. DPS and such measurements are fine if all parties consent to it.
    You could've still used it for all we care, but all you would have had to have done is ask to have our numbers before they are displayed/calculated.

All we really wanted was for the choice to say yes or no.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy helping people but Anita is just one of those people that cries just to cry and doesn't want to get any better. Back when maelstrom came out I did a step by step walkthrough of how to clear it with one of the hardest specs in the game for it and the people that listened and followed eventually managed to clear but all she does is complain complain complain and that's not what this game needs, there's already enough QQers out there.

Do we know each other ? Have we ever played together ? Where do I complain ? I think you are mistaking me for someone else, sir.

Just a quick glance from your posts back in November found a couple complaining about maelstrom being too hard and then my response with a link to my thread.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »

It is actually the people trying to suppress this addon that are the awful people, the people who don't want their numbers to be seen because they wish to be carried through content instead of carrying their own weight. There is no logical reason for why you should care that your numbers are made public, they are just numbers after all..

Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great addon. I always play DPS, and competing with other DPSes in the group allows me to see how I'm doing and grow as a player. There are so many garbage numbers online that noobs like to tout in game. It's nice having verification of what kind of DPS people are actually getting.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »

It would not be a big deal at all if it wasn't for the "spying" part. DPS and such measurements are fine if all parties consent to it.
    You could've still used it for all we care, but all you would have had to have done is ask to have our numbers before they are displayed/calculated.

My problem with that is that if someone refused to have it on, I probably wouldn't run with them anyway. Like @asneakybanana said, i have no issue with bad players and in fact i actually enjoy teaching people what I have spent so long learning to do and often raid lead training runs for a casual guild I am in. Now if that player wants to hide how bad they are or refuse to learn anything then I cant be bothered to carry them through the daily and honestly they don't really deserve the gold key or trial achievements anyway.

As many others have said here already, i can tell roughly how much dps someone is doing based on what i see them doing and how long bosses take to die so I'm not going to magically think someone doesn't suck without this add-on, but it would have been amazing for not only knowing how much help someone needs but analyzing boss pulls and the effectiveness of strats while progressing in the upcoming raid.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we know each other ? Have we ever played together ? Where do I complain ? I think you are mistaking me for someone else, sir.

Just a quick glance from your posts back in November found a couple complaining about maelstrom being too hard and then my response with a link to my thread.

Oh ! I post here nearly everyday but you have to go back 2 months to find some "complaining"... and all I said about vMSA is that it was too hard for my taste and that I'd wait for a nerf. Oh and maybe that it lacked some middle difficulty level. I'm afraid your definition of "whiners" or "QQers" is "anyone who disagrees with you".

Options
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »

When you join a group Ask if they run this addon, when they say yes you can opt out.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    Options
This discussion has been closed.