• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Spy Addon Group Damage

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Function wrote: »
    I have been waiting for an addon like this to come out since the launch of the game so of course I want it to stay. What is wrong with other people seeing your numbers?
    What's wrong with people seeing my numbers? The same reason it's wrong to inspect other people's gear.
    It is my information that you are snooping when it is not wanted.

If it was among consensual group or guild members, that's one thing. But this add on spys on people without their say so and (I imagine) their knowledge.

It is fine to have your standards, but it is wrong to force those standards upon others.

You are absolutely right. And that's exactly why ZOS let FTC create an option for users to view others dps only when both users enabled the option to share this information. It was a way to satisfy those who wanted it. And a way to satisfy those who didn't want it. But it gave user the ability to choose or not.

I can tell you right now that ZOS is against an addon that spys on people. They have been consistent with this the same as they have refused to let others inspect your gear. But if for some reason they ARE allowing this to happen, it would be nice fo them to let the community know.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using this for some time and THIS is what I wanted this game to have SINCE LAUNCH!

I had to wait almost 2 years until it is finally done. It's still not optimal because you have to recalculate the DPS yourself (taking the dmg numbers from Group Damage and the fight length from FTC) because GroupDamage tracks fight length a bit wrong.

Still if you know about this, this Addon is the best! Finally you can see DPS from pugs, you can see DPS from applicants they can't lie, hide or fake it.

And all the people who are against this Addon obviously have *** DPS and need to L2P. <--- HA!
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is there are special snowflakes in this game that want to run their heavy armor duel wielding sweet roll build with -9001 DPS and get angry if you ask them about their build.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!" They bellow as the doritos flakes scatter off their lips.

These people don't want you to know how much of a DPS suck they are in groups.

I JUST THINK I LOOK REALLY COOL USING FLURRY OK.
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

And all the people who are against this Addon obviously have *** DPS and need to L2P. <--- HA!

Please. I do good dps and do good heals. And people who play with me have often commented on that. They don't need an addon to see that. But I'm gonna see if ZOS responds to this. It's really not my nor your decision. But let me know in game if I'm ever in a group with you so I can promptly leave. I prefer to not heal for people with this kind of attitude.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Please. I do good dps and do good heals. And people who play with me have often commented on that. They don't need an addon to see that. But I'm gonna see if ZOS responds to this. It's really not my nor your decision. But let me know in game if I'm ever in a group with you so I can promptly leave. I prefer to not heal for people with this kind of attitude.

'They don't need an Addon to see that' 'I do good DPS and do good heals' Whats your problem then? I wrote for what cases I believe this is good. And if you are as good as you claim there is nothing, absolutely nothing for you to worry about. Being able to determine an applicant's or a potentially good player's performance immediatly is very important to me.

And ZOS intended this! Players have asked for better API functions since game launch. This Addon is only possible since their API update that came when Imperial City was launched. It allows Programmers better and easier ways to code their Addons and read out information.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 15, 2016 9:56AM

Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot even count the times this add on has saved me in the short span of a few days.

Scenario 1 (before I had add on)

We try to kill flesh Atro, Atro keeps killing tank/dps and I wonder why we keep failing. Maybe dps not enough? Maybe flesh grenades not being thrown in a timely manner? Maybe tank noob and isn't blocking heavy attacks or losing Aggro? Maybe healer noob and not healing properly? Maybe dps noob and Atros enraging? Try and try and try and wipe and wipe and no one able to tell accurately what's wrong. group disbands.

Scenario 2 (with addon)

Group wipes. We try again. We wipe again. I look at addon and notice I'm doing 72% of total damage and other dd is pulling less Dps than my healer. Ask the other dd what his dps is and what build he is running and what's his rotation so that I may be able to help. Get a generic "my dps is good I'm pulling 20k (ha clearly a lie) don't teach me how to play blah blah. Kick noob dps. Get good guildie dps. Proceed to clear vicp.

Anyone against this addon is either very narrow minded or very selfish. Yes you want your privacy but this allows people like me to pinpoint what's going wrong in a run so that we can fix it. Or at least replace said member who isn't cooperating. If not for this I would always be stuck with scenario one where 3 people wipe and wipe and waste all their time because of one frigging noob who isn't owning up to his shortcomings. You cannot be a part of a team without giving people the option to criticise you and your build. If you are a good player this addon dosent affect you in any way. If you're a bad player you can use this addon to spot good players and ASK for help. I've never kicked anyone for Low dps. I do however kick people who lie about their dps and waste everyone's time by pretending everything is okay instead of trying to change things up in their build. If you want no one to see what your wearing and what kind of Dps you do, then maybe group play isn't for you. Not every1 in this game is an elitist who is going to instakick you if your not doing well. I have no problems with pugs who openly declare they are new and it's their first time running said dungeon. I just take an extra 5-10 minutes to explain the fight properly and give them a few tries to learn. And so far this has always worked. I even took someone who had never run wgt through vet and he was only pulling barley 10k at the beginning. He just needed time to understand the mechanics so that he could focus more on dps and less on not dying. Do people have so little faith in the player base here? I've met tons of people who helped me out when I was a noob. It's all a give and take. This addon won't ruin the game, bad players with bad attitudes will.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far I've seen only dd magplars being kicked from the group, because a lot of people consider them a burden.
    Still, it's not related to this addon. And jerks will stay jerks no matter what (as a jerk myself I can guarantee that).
    Edited by Anhedonie on January 15, 2016 10:16AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

'They don't need an Addon to see that' 'I do good DPS and do good heals' Whats your problem then? I wrote for what cases I believe this is good. And if you are as good as you claim there is nothing, absolutely nothing for you to worry about. Being able to determine an applicant's or a potentially good player's performance immediatly is very important to me.

And ZOS intended this! Players have asked for better API functions since game launch. This Addon is only possible since their API update that came when Imperial City was launched. It allows Programmers better and easier ways to code their Addons and read out information.

Well let's wait and see if ZOS speaks up about this. I don't know what they will decide. I just know that until now, they have been against allowing players to see others dps without that players consent. I remember vividly the arguments people made about FTC being allowed to do this. But it was made clear that it was an Option for FTC. You have to actually select it to turn it on. It is not set by default. And you can only see another group members data if they have chosen this Option as well.

The key word here is Option. And I and most everyone at the time supported this Option for competitive guilds and players. But this addon, as it currently is, is not a good thing for newer players and players who group through the Group Finder. You can already see the "elitist" attitudes popping up in this thread.

If you want to share and see another players dps, then run dungeons with a guild or friends who also choose to share their information. I'm all for you having the ability to trial or test players who wish to run with you or your guild. But don't push this on everyone. It should be each player's Choice, not yours.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do have to be able to differentiate though between what is passable 'can do the content' dps and really good, can quickly wipe the content super fast dps.

No one would be locked from our groups for not having stellar dps, only if they really have sub par dps...and then usually the other of us is making up that difference.

You can tell easily whether the dps is good or shite based on how long things take.

All in all I think this is a good thing as long as people know what is actually bad dps or average dps. One of our group uses it so we all don't have to - but then we usually post boss dps independently anyway.
    Options
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    I cannot even count the times this add on has saved me in the short span of a few days.

Scenario 1 (before I had add on)

We try to kill flesh Atro, Atro keeps killing tank/dps and I wonder why we keep failing. Maybe dps not enough? Maybe flesh grenades not being thrown in a timely manner? Maybe tank noob and isn't blocking heavy attacks or losing Aggro? Maybe healer noob and not healing properly? Maybe dps noob and Atros enraging? Try and try and try and wipe and wipe and no one able to tell accurately what's wrong. group disbands.

Scenario 2 (with addon)

Group wipes. We try again. We wipe again. I look at addon and notice I'm doing 72% of total damage and other dd is pulling less Dps than my healer. Ask the other dd what his dps is and what build he is running and what's his rotation so that I may be able to help. Get a generic "my dps is good I'm pulling 20k (ha clearly a lie) don't teach me how to play blah blah. Kick noob dps. Get good guildie dps. Proceed to clear vicp.

Anyone against this addon is either very narrow minded or very selfish. Yes you want your privacy but this allows people like me to pinpoint what's going wrong in a run so that we can fix it. Or at least replace said member who isn't cooperating. If not for this I would always be stuck with scenario one where 3 people wipe and wipe and waste all their time because of one frigging noob who isn't owning up to his shortcomings. You cannot be a part of a team without giving people the option to criticise you and your build. If you are a good player this addon dosent affect you in any way. If you're a bad player you can use this addon to spot good players and ASK for help. I've never kicked anyone for Low dps. I do however kick people who lie about their dps and waste everyone's time by pretending everything is okay instead of trying to change things up in their build. If you want no one to see what your wearing and what kind of Dps you do, then maybe group play isn't for you. Not every1 in this game is an elitist who is going to instakick you if your not doing well. I have no problems with pugs who openly declare they are new and it's their first time running said dungeon. I just take an extra 5-10 minutes to explain the fight properly and give them a few tries to learn. And so far this has always worked. I even took someone who had never run wgt through vet and he was only pulling barley 10k at the beginning. He just needed time to understand the mechanics so that he could focus more on dps and less on not dying. Do people have so little faith in the player base here? I've met tons of people who helped me out when I was a noob. It's all a give and take. This addon won't ruin the game, bad players with bad attitudes will.

Well said.. this is precisely why I love this addon, it shows if people are struggling with their DPS and allows us to help them improve (if they want).

Options
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm V5 DD, and I'm able to do like 4-6k dmg per second on a single target. If there's more mobs, my dps tends to get over 20k (no top gear and only 150 CP). According to the Group Damage addon I do 20-40% dmg every time. It goes up and down, with boss fights dmg usually being at 20-30%. I guess that's okay. Or is it?

How do I increase my dps on a single target as a sorc? When people speak about 45k dps, is that single target or multitarget?
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    I'm V5 DD, and I'm able to do like 4-6k dmg per second on a single target. If there's more mobs, my dps tends to get over 20k (no top gear and only 150 CP). According to the Group Damage addon I do 20-40% dmg every time. It goes up and down, with boss fights dmg usually being at 20-30%. I guess that's okay. Or is it?

How do I increase my dps on a single target as a sorc? When people speak about 45k dps, is that single target or multitarget?

This may not be the right place for a sorc theorycrafting. Nevertheless 20-30% is a little low for a DD, when we talk about 1Tank, 1Healer, 2DD setup. The 45k is single target, but with overload light attacks. There are a lot of guides for sorcs out there. Link 1 or Link 2
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

This may not be the right place for a sorc theorycrafting. Nevertheless 20-30% is a little low for a DD, when we talk about 1Tank, 1Healer, 2DD setup. The 45k is single target, but with overload light attacks. There are a lot of guides for sorcs out there. Link 1 or Link 2

Reaching vet16 is top priority. After that read guides, NOT to copy them, but to help you understand what is important and what is not. Just Copying will leave you without knowledge and no way to adapt to changes or specific scenarios. Then try to develop your own build. Adjust the build as you gain more and more knowledge due to testing and talking with other players. Share Experience. Gain Experience. That's how you get good.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 15, 2016 10:57AM

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im curious to see how accurate this add-on will work.

With AUI the timer for my dps often keeps running for 3-5 seconds after the boss is dead, which isnt good for dps numbers ofc.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat. :| I honestly cant believe that.

I can, actually... because, as you said yourself:
    And people that ask a dd to get 25k hp are not elitists, they just have no idea what they're talking about.

The world is full of idiots. In my experience, many of them are standing in zone, spamming PUG requirements they can't meet, because someone out there, once suggested some reasonable requirements, and they multiplied it to sound more "elite" brain damaged.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaching vet16 is top priority. After that read guides, NOT to copy them, but to help you understand what is important and what is not. Just Copying will leave you without knowledge and no way to adapt to changes or specific scenarios. Then try to develop your own build. Adjust the build as you gain more and more knowledge due to testing and talking with other players. Share Experience. Gain Experience. That's how you get good.

Yeah, I'm going to second this. Actually understanding the game and it's mechanics is far more important than being able to spout off a rotation like it's holy writ.

Among other things, when they make changes in patches, it puts you in a much better situation to roll with it, than someone who's copying a cookie cutter they found somewhere, and it helps provide you with the tools to understand what other players in your party may be having issues with.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well if somebody kicks you out of the group just because you do not do enough damage, they:

- either know they can not finish the group bosses because you or also some other group members do not have enough dps, that is a bad situation, no better solution than either you respec your character and increase dps, or you should group with players of your level

- some people are just idiots and do not like rookies, then putting them to ignore list helps
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well the "problem" with most non progression pve guild members is that they do not have PvE dedicated specs and equip. especially after the cost increasements for gear with IC implementation.
    just as an explanation for my sorc: for going pve it requires to reslot 2 willpower items, 7 armor slots (kagrenacs to julianos, arch mage to molag kena), 3 weapons including farming vMA like mad to get 1 firestaff. thats about 500k++ gold i have to invest plus spending time in pve(i actually do not want too...) not mentioning the ability respec everytime because i´m prefering other morphs in pvp than i do in pve for roughly 50% of the non toggle abilities, not doing this reduces my actual DPs by nearly 40% (9-10k dps without overload instead of 14-17k). and have to rearange my abilities most of the times as i have to provide elemental drain by myself e.g. as it is not provided by the groups healer in a random group. (reducing the dmg even further)

the other day i had such an equiped pve guild reroller, i did not doubt him doing 35++k DPS in his guild groups, but with a random group where i as a healer refused to slot for his needs (just wanted to see his adaptation skills) he bigmouthed it would be no problem to carry the second DD who was one of his friends(low lvl char) and failed miserably as the fights lasted longer than with his normal groups his stat refill was not sufficient overload was not enough to burn the bosses down (as we rushed thorugh the trash between bosses not allowing him to build up much ulti) and instead of his 35k++ he droped to <10k regarding the here mentioned tool becasue he did not adapt... in some cases me as a healer with alot more sustain was able to outdmg him just because of it...

so in short numbers mean absolutly nothing...
    Edited by Tankqull on January 15, 2016 12:26PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

well the "problem" with most non progression pve guild members is that they do not have PvE dedicated specs and equip. especially after the cost increasements for gear with IC implementation.
    just as an explanation for my sorc: for going pve it requires to reslot 2 willpower items, 7 armor slots (kagrenacs to julianos, arch mage to molag kena), 3 weapons including farming vMA like mad to get 1 firestaff. thats about 500k++ gold i have to invest plus spending time in pve(i actually do not want too...) not mentioning the ability respec everytime because i´m prefering other morphs in pvp than i do in pve for roughly 50% of the non toggle abilities, not doing this reduces my actual DPs by nearly 40% (9-10k dps without overload instead of 14-17k). and have to rearange my abilities most of the times as i have to provide elemental drain by myself e.g. as it is not provided by the groups healer in a random group. (reducing the dmg even further)

the other day i had such an equiped pve guild reroller, i did not doubt him doing 35++k DPS in his guild groups, but with a random group where i as a healer refused to slot for his needs (just wanted to see his adaptation skills) he bigmouthed it would be no problem to carry the second DD who was one of his friends(low lvl char) and failed miserably as the fights lasted longer than with his normal groups his stat refill was not sufficient overload was not enough to burn the bosses down (as we rushed thorugh the trash between bosses not allowing him to build up much ulti) and instead of his 35k++ he droped to <10k regarding the here mentioned tool becasue he did not adapt... in some cases me as a healer with alot more sustain was able to outdmg him just because of it...

so in short numbers mean absolutly nothing...

They mean absolutely everything in high end leaderboard PvE. When racing for the worlds best times it is a matter of seconds (DPS). If you fail / die / whatever group damage will keep recording DPS while you are dead meaning the DPS will also reflect on how well the player was able to constantly keep DPSing and surviving. In short: DPS is everything and there is basically nothing else that matters as long as you have good movement and don't die to unavoidable mechanics.

To the rest you wrote: If you don't want to gear up for PvE and you don't want to invest in it AND you don't even like it: don't play it. Playing it and then complaining about not reaching good numbers is kinda ...

Also refusing to slot abilities for the needs of a DD ... as the backbone and supporter of the group ... meh, that's lame. As a healer it's kind of your job to do exactly that and I can totally understand a DD being not so happy about you not helping him out. You are the supporter of a TEAM. And it would help the team the most.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 15, 2016 12:47PM

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I think you have potentially caused more problems than you hoped to solve by putting this add-on in the public eye. Next time you have a question about how an add-on works, ask the author directly ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just started using it and love it so far. :) Also iv been putting peoples numbers in group chat to let them know how they are doing and they actually loved it, they kept asking me every boss fight, what did I get? And when they sucked they changed something and did better. Only silly people get offended by this addon.

Although im a healer so I am fine anyway :dizzy: Jerks will always be jerks regardless of this addon, if used properly and seen for what it actually is A HELP TOOL, then it can be hugely advantageous.

If players start using it to kick people and not even help them while being an elitist jerk, then they are not worth running groups with and are not using the tool properly....

Vu2mZ2e.jpg
    Edited by Troneon on January 15, 2016 1:12PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you are as good as you claim there is nothing, absolutely nothing for you to worry about. Being able to determine an applicant's or a potentially good player's performance immediately is very important to me.

Yes, what does it matter if people come and sniff your underwear if it's clean ?
    What does it matter if everyone is allowed to check on your ID, your bank account, your personal history, if you have committed no crime ?
    What does it matter if people lurk through your window if you're beautiful to look at and they cannot reach you physically ?

(OK this is only a videogame, but comparison is valid imho).

99% of the content is doable with 2x15K DPS. If you run into a PUG where people ask for 20K you just pretend to do 20K even though you do 15K and it's no problem because you know the run will be smooth anyway. Most people usually pull 5K less than they genuinely think they pull.
    Whenever I PUG, I don't like to be questioned or frowned upon my 15-20K by one of the countless idiots that think the dungeon requires 25K DPS.

I understand the usefulness of such an add-on for progress competitive guilds such as yours, @Xantaria . But the general availability of the add-on for anyone to use will automatically lead to abuse by the countless "wannabee elite players" who think they're good, think they know how to be good, and consider it degrading to run with anyone supposedly not as good as them.

I like to run dungeons with 15K DPS rather than 25K people because it allows for more surprises, a little bit more danger, and the use of the mechanics as originally designed, instead of the usual 10-15 minutes flawless run that we all know by heart. I like to PUG for the same reason : more "unexpected".
    But the mere existence of this addon means the end of PUGging for me. I won't be the only one. LFG tool will be desert again. Some more casual, more isolated players will again be in the dark when it comes to group content.
    It will harm the game. A LOT.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 15, 2016 1:14PM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Just started using it and love it so far. :) Also iv been putting peoples numbers in group chat to let them know how they are doing and they actually loved it, they kept asking me every boss fight, what did I get? And when they sucked they changed something and did better. Only silly people get offended by this addon.

Although im a healer so I am fine anyway :dizzy: Jerks will always be jerks regardless of this addon, if used properly and seen for what it actually is A HELP TOOL, then it can be hugely advantageous.

If players start using it to kick people and not even help them while being an elitist jerk, then they are not worth running groups with and are not using the tool properly....

Vu2mZ2e.jpg

Players can already see their own dps and heals with addons. Why do they need to have you put their numbers in group chat, when they have the ability to check it themselves? That sounds silly.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Vu2mZ2e.jpg

Players can already see their own dps and heals with addons. Why do they need to have you put their numbers in group chat, when they have the ability to check it themselves? That sounds silly.

Because I play with a lot of new players to help them and not all of them use addons or use them but don't use the damage statistic addons.

Also this addon gives you a GROUP PERCENTAGE not just your own, so for example player A does 50% of entire group damage and player B only does 25% of group damage....

That then tells player B player A is doing something that gives them better DPS so he can ask him, how you do that dude? That then HELPS him learn how to increase his total percentage for the group...

Without group statistics the solo player has no idea how they are doing compared to others in the group as DD. Or maybe a tank wants to know how much damage he total in group percentage....oh im contributing 20% damage as healer or tank....cool...that's good to know...

It is simply a help tool.
    Edited by Troneon on January 15, 2016 1:25PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vu2mZ2e.jpg

Because I play with a lot of new players to help them and not all of them use addons or use them but don't use the damage statistic addons.

Then....how about helping them learn how to use a damage addon so they can learn how to check it for themselves. Addons, in general, can be confusing to use at first. I'm sure your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Vu2mZ2e.jpg

Then....how about helping them learn how to use a damage addon so they can learn how to check it for themselves. Addons, in general, can be confusing to use at first. I'm sure your help will be greatly appreciated.

That's the first thing they usually ask, what's the name of this or that addon....kinda a given....they loved the entire idea of group percentages and being able to see how they are comparing to others in the group....

That's my experience with using it at the moment anyway. Seems to be useful to everyone.

Also Like I said this specific addon gives you a GROUP PERCENTAGE of how you compare in total group damage and heals. Other addons do not that I know of.

I like it anyway, I plan to use it to improve.
    Edited by Troneon on January 15, 2016 1:28PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vu2mZ2e.jpg

That's the first thing they usually ask, what's the name of this or that addon....kinda a given....they loved the entire of group percentages and being able to see how they are comparing to others in the group....

That's my experience with using it at the moment anyway. Seems to be useful to everyone.

I see. And I understand. FTC allows group members to share information and compare. It's an option. And you and they should have this option with like-minded friends and guildies. But some players may not wish to share their numbers or be judged by others. They should feel free to join dungeons in the Group finder without being harassed by people posting Dps numbers in group chat.

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That then tells player B player A is doing something that gives them better DPS so he can ask him, how you do that dude? That then HELPS him learn how to increase his total percentage for the group...

Then players will start to give this player ADVICE (asked for or not...), a fairly good percentage of this advice will be crap and not suited for that person's playstyle, that person might leave the game, or never group up again, or adapt into the FOTM, in fact it will forced to FOTM, run the same gear and the same skillbars, and "playing the game" will be replaced by "reach the numbers"... and many people will leave.
    This addon will harm the game. A LOT. @ZOS_GinaBruno , please ask ZOS to act.

Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This addon is terrible for people who want to get carried and not get any better, and great for everyone else.
    Edited by Sallington on January 15, 2016 1:33PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see an issue with this addon, only with the players who miss use it...
    Edited by Troneon on January 15, 2016 1:38PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
This discussion has been closed.