Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Spy Addon Group Damage

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    And if you are as good as you claim there is nothing, absolutely nothing for you to worry about. Being able to determine an applicant's or a potentially good player's performance immediately is very important to me.

Yes, what does it matter if people come and sniff your underwear if it's clean ?
    What does it matter if everyone is allowed to check on your ID, your bank account, your personal history, if you have committed no crime ?
    What does it matter if people lurk through your window if you're beautiful to look at and they cannot reach you physically ?

(OK this is only a videogame, but comparison is valid imho).

99% of the content is doable with 2x15K DPS. If you run into a PUG where people ask for 20K you just pretend to do 20K even though you do 15K and it's no problem because you know the run will be smooth anyway. Most people usually pull 5K less than they genuinely think they pull.
    Whenever I PUG, I don't like to be questioned or frowned upon my 15-20K by one of the countless idiots that think the dungeon requires 25K DPS.

I understand the usefulness of such an add-on for progress competitive guilds such as yours, @Xantaria . But the general availability of the add-on for anyone to use will automatically lead to abuse by the countless "wannabee elite players" who think they're good, think they know how to be good, and consider it degrading to run with anyone supposedly not as good as them.

I like to run dungeons with 15K DPS rather than 25K people because it allows for more surprises, a little bit more danger, and the use of the mechanics as originally designed, instead of the usual 10-15 minutes flawless run that we all know by heart. I like to PUG for the same reason : more "unexpected".
    But the mere existence of this addon means the end of PUGging for me. I won't be the only one. LFG tool will be desert again. Some more casual, more isolated players will again be in the dark when it comes to group content.
    It will harm the game. A LOT.

They also see their own dps so they cant blame someone for doing a bad job if their own dps is lower or roughly equal.

In the end these 'wannabee elite players' just want to complete the dungeon so I dont really see any problems unless you really generate low dps.

2x 15k dps is more than enough for most vet dungeon bosses, you can ignore most mechanics if the healer can deal 10k dps on top of that.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.
    very frustrating that eso allows these types of things, i hate it.

I'm sorry, but its not possible to hide low dps from experienced teammates.
    Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

dude. average is 12-17k dps. 20k+ is great skill. 30k+ is alot of mobs around the boss. 40k plus is all aoe. i can do 60k on my v3 nb in vet grinding alkir zombies. dont be a liar

Have to laugh everytime i read something like this. Maybe this Addon will tell you the truth :lol:

what do you mean? most pugs can pull 12-17k dps. thats very decent
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.

Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

dude. average is 12-17k dps. 20k+ is great skill. 30k+ is alot of mobs around the boss. 40k plus is all aoe. i can do 60k on my v3 nb in vet grinding alkir zombies. dont be a liar

Have to laugh everytime i read something like this. Maybe this Addon will tell you the truth :lol:

i know...but this doesn't mean, that you can't pull 30k+ DPS in singletarget fights...
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

i know...but this doesn't mean, that you can't pull 30k+ DPS in singletarget fights...

Some people can, others can't. In the end it's about knowledge and experience. But also it is not a requirement to finsh stuff that you would attempt with PUGS. there are some tactics in very few dungeons that do require immense amounts of damage to skip certain mechanics but this is not needed to complete the dungeon. And I highly doubt anybody is really going to complain about someone not pulling 25k+ singletarget in a silver/gold key run. There are also a lot of bossfights where numbers like this aren't even possible due to mechanics.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 15, 2016 2:42PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    @maxjapank
    @anitajoneb17_ESO

To be honest, At this point you're just saying the same again and again and there is still nothing reasonable about it.

Looking at this from a neutral point of view there is more to gain from this Addon existing than to loose. By far.

To me it just sounds you don't want this Addon to exist for personal reasons. (Bad experiences from the past, Not willing to adapt or not willing to improove or just general stubbornness?)

I guess I could say the say the same about your posts. Nothing reasonable about them. But rather than attempting to personally attack us (which I might say is what we do believe this addon will lead to...thus harming ESO's traditionally warm community), we could just say that we have different opinions.

Please note that there is an addon that does allow group members to share and view each other's data. I have repeatedly mentioned FTC as having that option. And I have repeatedly said that I support you and your friends and your guildies to use such information. I just believe strongly this information should be an Option for players to share.

On another note, this addon allows you to see other factions dps and heals as well in Cyrodiil. After an engagement, you can see who the stronger enemies are and the names of the healers to target.

If FTC would ever work reliably it would be an option. sadly it does not. Also it is hard to get everyone to activate it because some people use different Addons. Group Damage removes those annoyances and makes data easily accessible for everyone. And if you think ESO has a warm community, why do you believe those warm community members will suddenly turn into *** because of this Addon?

Yeah. It is unfortunate that FTC isn't being updated anymore. And yes, people use many different addons. But why not have this addon or the other addons work in the same way as FTC? An addon that gives players the choice to share and view each other's information with players who also choose to do so. This sounds like something you and your friends would enjoy using.

As for ESOs warm community, I think it is safe to say that it has been warm because this addon hasn't been allowed. The same as the ability to inspect another players gear hasn't been allowed. These have been big pluses for a ESO.

Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this is disturbing.

Some people can, others can't. In the end it's about knowledge and experience. But also it is not a requirement to finsh stuff that you would attempt with PUGS. there are some tactics in very few dungeons that do require immense amounts of damage to skip certain mechanics but this is not needed to complete the dungeon. And I highly doubt anybody is really going to complain about someone not pulling 25k+ singletarget in a silver/gold key run. There are also a lot of bossfights where numbers like this aren't even possible due to mechanics.

I know...you are usually fine if both DPS together do 30k in pledges.
    I'm just laughing when someone calls 30kDPS only possible in AoE-Fight ^^
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I don't think it is a problem for other people to know my dps and hps. The game is much better when the elitists wall themselves off from the people who are having fun.

I find that the game is much better when I play with people who know what they are doing or want to improve their performance. So this suits me aswell.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @maxjapank
    @anitajoneb17_ESO

To be honest, At this point you're just saying the same again and again and there is still nothing reasonable about it.

Looking at this from a neutral point of view there is more to gain from this Addon existing than to loose. By far.

To me it just sounds you don't want this Addon to exist for personal reasons. (Bad experiences from the past, Not willing to adapt or not willing to improove or just general stubbornness?)

I guess I could say the say the same about your posts. Nothing reasonable about them. But rather than attempting to personally attack us (which I might say is what we do believe this addon will lead to...thus harming ESO's traditionally warm community), we could just say that we have different opinions.

Please note that there is an addon that does allow group members to share and view each other's data. I have repeatedly mentioned FTC as having that option. And I have repeatedly said that I support you and your friends and your guildies to use such information. I just believe strongly this information should be an Option for players to share.

On another note, this addon allows you to see other factions dps and heals as well in Cyrodiil. After an engagement, you can see who the stronger enemies are and the names of the healers to target.

If FTC would ever work reliably it would be an option. sadly it does not. Also it is hard to get everyone to activate it because some people use different Addons. Group Damage removes those annoyances and makes data easily accessible for everyone. And if you think ESO has a warm community, why do you believe those warm community members will suddenly turn into *** because of this Addon?

Yeah. It is unfortunate that FTC isn't being updated anymore. And yes, people use many different addons. But why not have this addon or the other addons work in the same way as FTC? An addon that gives players the choice to share and view each other's information with players who also choose to do so. This sounds like something you and your friends would enjoy using.

As for ESOs warm community, I think it is safe to say that it has been warm because this addon hasn't been allowed. The same as the ability to inspect another players gear hasn't been allowed. These have been big pluses for a ESO.

So you DO believe this Addon will turn nice people into not so nice people. I for myself find that very hard to believe.

In General the ESO community is nice and I doubt it's ever going to change. There are a few rude people, there are a few special snowflakes which will just call everybody that tries to help them an elitist jerk. It's annoying to deal with either of them but in the end it's a rather rare event to encounter either of those.

And also I really like Group Damage because I can kind of find potentially good players in public groups and group more often with them or ask them to apply to my guild. It's not only interesting for the leaderboard raids.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 15, 2016 2:56PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end these 'wannabee elite players' just want to complete the dungeon so I dont really see any problems unless you really generate low dps.

Because I do not only want to complete the dungeon, I want to do it in a fun and relaxed environment, enjoying the people and the teamwork, even with PUG strangers.
    And the entire issue is how to define "low DPS". 15K is low in the opinion of many people, although enough for the content. Hell, even 10/12K is enough for basic vet dungeons !
    2x 15k dps is more than enough for most vet dungeon bosses

Tell that to the "idiots" who think 25K is required everywhere. High requirements, while unjustified, give people a sense of power over others.
    And I highly doubt anybody is really going to complain about someone not pulling 25k+ singletarget in a silver/gold key run.

Really ? You've been lucky with your PUGs I guess. Told you, idiots everywhere. Not everyone, by far, but enough of them to be "everywhere". I suppose you're "famous" enough and good enough so that many people don't dare showing muscles with you, like they do with Jane Doe players.
    They also see their own dps so they cant blame someone for doing a bad job if their own dps is lower or roughly equal.

Yes, That's the one positive thing I see with this add-on. Does not outweigh the negative imho, but, yes.

Here's what @AlphaLemming (famous author of great addons) said about this in esoui addon comments' page :
    It is nothing against your addon but most players should not have access to this ...

It is always the same, like in WoW ... now here. People are not able to handle such informations in a social way. "Hey i have the biggest ... you are an loser" instead of helping other to get better. This will grow up in a way like "LF1M DD 25k+ DpS" and not the half of them really know how dps is correctly calculated and the difference between single target dps and aoe dps.

That sums it up pretty well.

Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you DO believe this Addon will turn nice people into not so nice people. I for myself find that very hard to believe.

Yes. I do believe this addon will have a negative influence on the ESO community. I don't think nice people will become not so nice people. But I think some of the nicer people will begin to avoid the Group Finder. And I think posting other players dps in guild chat and zone chat will become a thing. And some will use it to make fun of others.

But anyways, @Xantaria , I must go to bed for now. Even though we disagree, the dialogue has been fun. I'll chime in tomorrow. Or I may not. Time to give other people the chance to share their opinions. Cheers.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I have seen in this thread is how hardcore players cant stop themselves from patronising and insulting lesser players
    I have actually reached the conclusion that they are completely oblivious to the fact that they are even doing it.
    Its this very arrogant belittling attitude that destroys the game for every other non-hardcore player.
    After chucking insults we get the wimp and grow a pair and get a thicker skin remarks as if this somehow makes the insults acceptable.
    These people are bullies and tyrants who sole reason for existence is to micromanage everyone else...wanted or not.

By creating tools that pander to this hardcore mentality, it encourages an influx of and environment for such hardcore players.
    And with that comes an ever greater derogatory supremacist attitude dished out to new players and casual players alike.
    ie players that really don't give a *** that you want to complete a dungeon in a new record time with record DPS.
    All they want to do is play the game and have fun in the process....not be told how bad they suck compared to them.
    When this toxicity reaches a high enough level ...people leave....until only hardcore players are left.

Sits back and waits for the inevitable derogatory and belittling response.
    Nub, L2P, scrub, bad.....

New players, inexperienced players, physically challenged players will never meet your expectations.
    You would leave them alienated and on the scrap heap.
    Personally I would not want the game destroyed in this way.
    So any supremacy metering tools need to be opt in or blocked.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Maddux
    Maddux
    ✭✭✭✭
    @maxjapank
    @anitajoneb17_ESO

As for ESOs warm community, I think it is safe to say that it has been warm because this addon hasn't been allowed.
    And now, after the Bavarian Government lost Ownership on Hitlers Mein Kampf, every German can read the crazy *** this Psycho has writen without using Amazon.uk and will turn into a *** again.
    A Book or an Addon dosnt turn nice People into ***. An *** will allways find a Way to mock other People. Here are some Reasons i got kicked out of Groups before hitting a Mob or didnt get an Groupinvite:
    - Sorcs cant Heal (many Times)
    - DKs cant Tank (2 Times)
    - 18k HP is way to low for Gold Daily
    - Magica Templar cant do DPS
    - my Magica Templar in full Xivkyn (Heavy Chest, 5 Light, 2H Sword short after Orsinium) got kicked out of Group because "full Heavy Armor Magica Noob"
    - Melee DDs are not good for Gold Daily
    - vWGT "no Death"-Archivement needed for non-vWGT Gold Daily (they where still LFM over 1 Hour later)
    - and more

If someone kicks you out of the Group because you "just" do 10k DPS, put him on Ignore and be happy because you never ever will see his Membersearches in the Zonechat again.
    This Addon is a huge Problem for bad Players they dont know how to Play and dont wanna ask one of the many helpful Players here in the Forum for Help because everyone would know that they dont know how to play. The average Player with 10k DPS wont have any Problems.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there even that much point in it? I have heard about it but like, it's usually pretty easy to tell when people aren't pulling their weight in dungeons. Or, considering the current state of the game - when they aren't pulling it so badly it's actually affecting the progress(seeing you can 2 man like every dungeon except ICP).

Maybe it'd have more point in stuff like Trials if we actually had challenging(or at least scaled to v16) ones out there. Group dps not enough for the dps check - see which of 8 dps aren't pulling it - talk to them about rotations and stuff.
    But dungeons, even vet dungeons? Long as you don't die all the time and do SOME dps you'll be fine. To be honest I understand the concerns some express, the...less nice part of the more hardcore part of the community probably will use it to define and kick weaker dps even if their dps is perfectly enough for given dungeon. Kinda curious to see if ZOS will allow it in the end.
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Just started using it and love it so far. :) Also iv been putting peoples numbers in group chat to let them know how they are doing and they actually loved it, they kept asking me every boss fight, what did I get? And when they sucked they changed something and did better. Only silly people get offended by this addon.

Although im a healer so I am fine anyway :dizzy: Jerks will always be jerks regardless of this addon, if used properly and seen for what it actually is A HELP TOOL, then it can be hugely advantageous.

If players start using it to kick people and not even help them while being an elitist jerk, then they are not worth running groups with and are not using the tool properly....

Vu2mZ2e.jpg
    All right. Good for you. Good for them.
    But how about the option to opt out of you wish, hm? You can still use it for your helpful purposes, but at the same time, legitimately allow the player to accept your help or not.
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It spits out complete nonsense half of the time anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    It spits out complete nonsense half of the time anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much.

This is not true. The DPS is sometimes different, because that depends on the start and end of combat, which differs between addons, but it always provides a pretty good picture of the DPS performance of the group. If that add-on says one person is doing 85% of the group's damage, it is accurate.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 15, 2016 5:29PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    That then tells player B player A is doing something that gives them better DPS so he can ask him, how you do that dude? That then HELPS him learn how to increase his total percentage for the group...

Then players will start to give this player ADVICE (asked for or not...), a fairly good percentage of this advice will be crap and not suited for that person's playstyle, that person might leave the game, or never group up again, or adapt into the FOTM, in fact it will forced to FOTM, run the same gear and the same skillbars, and "playing the game" will be replaced by "reach the numbers"... and many people will leave.
    This addon will harm the game. A LOT. @ZOS_GinaBruno , please ask ZOS to act.

Sure, because similar add-on's killed WoW or any other MMO. These kind of add-ons have been in every MMO where possible. As usual these days people are over reacting.
    Edited by MikeB on January 15, 2016 5:14PM
    Options
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ad on is awesome, I think it is good for the game.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »
    Sure, because similar add-on's killed WoW or any other MMO. These kind of add-ons have been in every MMO where possible. As usual these days people are over reacting.

Never played WoW but hear all the time in my guild's channel ex-WoWers telling how horrendously terribadly toxic the WoW community was/is, partly due to this kind of information and the way people deal with it.

ZOS isn't your standard MMO. A great portion of the playerbase comes from the Elder Scrolls world, not from MMOs. Unlike MMO players, ES players don't want to deal with jerks and do not consider them a necessary evil.

That's probably the reason why ZOS chose to not display numbers in the vanilla game, nor to provide dummies. Now they've opened up the door a little bit and of course people create such add ons without even thinking twice. Result will be that we'll have to suffer the consequences OR that the API will be changed again (and cause prejudice to other very useful and well-thought add-ons such as FTC).

Options
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never played WoW but hear all the time in my guild's channel ex-WoWers telling how horrendously terribadly toxic the WoW community was/is, partly due to this kind of information and the way people deal with it.

ZOS isn't your standard MMO. A great portion of the playerbase comes from the Elder Scrolls world, not from MMOs. Unlike MMO players, ES players don't want to deal with jerks and do not consider them a necessary evil.

That's probably the reason why ZOS chose to not display numbers in the vanilla game, nor to provide dummies. Now they've opened up the door a little bit and of course people create such add ons without even thinking twice. Result will be that we'll have to suffer the consequences OR that the API will be changed again (and cause prejudice to other very useful and well-thought add-ons such as FTC).

Well the people you talked to about WoW were also overreacting. WoW has actual difficult content, unlike ESO, so you HAD to meet specific requirements to do raids, dungeons not so much.
    Options
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    #Console#DaBest
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the people you talked to about WoW were also overreacting. WoW has actual difficult content, unlike ESO, so you HAD to meet specific requirements to do raids, dungeons not so much.
    What's your point?

Difficulty /= Quality
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just some thoughts on the reasons @Maddux is kicked from groups. Cause i always find these reasons stupid.

- Sorcs cant Heal (many Times)

Ah, the 'x class cant heal.' One of my favorites. When someone says this it really means 'i like standing in red' and 'i can't mechanicz.' Its a clear sign that that player is bad and you are better off for not having run with them.

On a personal note, there are two instances where this stands out for me....

One was where my friends and I were all running our nightblades and we needed another dps. We then proceded to blow the mind of a pug sorc who couldnt believe we had a nightblade tank and healer. I think we gave that person the smoothest run they had ever had....

The other is a bit embarasing... A guildie tank and I pugged a healer and dps. We were halfway through the dungeon, everything was dropping like flies. On one boss, the tank types out 'spear pls'' and the healer goes 'whats a spear?' I hear over ts, 'oh, hes a sorc healer.' We then finished the dungeon without any problems. Its embarasing because we thought he was a templar. Lol.

- DKs cant Tank (2 Times)

What? No, seriously. WHAT?

- 18k HP is way to low for Gold Daily

Uh huh.... At the beginning of a dungeon? They said that? With how slow they must go I'd immagine....

- Magica Templar cant do DPS

I blame this on the inability of the person who said this to grasp context. Also logic. Pity that person.

- my Magica Templar in full Xivkyn (Heavy Chest, 5 Light, 2H Sword short after Orsinium) got kicked out of Group because "full Heavy Armor Magica Noob"

Hey, its not your fault they dont understand how gear works. 1/1/5 ftw!

- Melee DDs are not good for Gold Daily

Well... Some things can be slightly more chalenging... But even then, even with bosses I deem 'melee unfriendly' there shouldnt be many issues.

- vWGT "no Death"-Archivement needed for non-vWGT Gold Daily (they where still LFM over 1 Hour later)

Lol.

If someone kicks you out of the Group because you "just" do 10k DPS, put him on Ignore and be happy because you never ever will see his Membersearches in the Zonechat again.

There are very few things than cannot be completed comfortably with 'just 10k dps. You are seriously better off.
    Edited by Shunravi on January 15, 2016 5:53PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People totally exaggerate about this.

It's so rare to encounter players pulling 30k dps single target in pugs(outside of Overload builds). Because well, they dont join pugs like ever or willingly to begin with. They only do dungeon and groups with other players pulling 30k dps lol. They run with perfect setup that helps them achieve those numbers, keeping all buffs up and knowing when and how to stack.

When you join a pug, people will be super happy if you get at least 15k dps. Even 10k is fine for most VR dungeons and enough to not get kicked or made fun of. I also doubt anyone outside of hardcore min/max PvE guilds will even bother downloading this addon.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now I can't spend the whole vet dungeon just spamming hard casted frags? I'm gonna quit over this! what an outrage! who wants my stuff?
    Options
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    So now I can't spend the whole vet dungeon just spamming hard casted frags? I'm gonna quit over this! what an outrage! who wants my stuff?
    You are mistaken if you think only the mediocre oppose the current state of this add on.
    Tracking performance is totally ok if only all parties would willingly allow it. But it's current status is that of a "spy" add on that so clearly violates basic perquisites of decency. All we ask for is a toggle or an ask prompt.

Are you truly so against choice?
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this addon several days ago when someone else in one of my pledge runs told me about it.

First, it is surprisingly accurate. Well, the total damage, at least. The total damage that my FTC said I dealt was often the exact same as the total damage his GroupDamage said that I did, and when it was off, it wasn't off by a lot. The actual DPS numbers did vary a lot more, but that's because of how the start and end of combat is calculated (e.g., the game will often exit combat state anywhere from a few seconds to half a minute after actual combat ends, thus skewing the "per second" part of DPS).

Second, as for how I feel about it--I have mixed feelings. I am a bit more self-conscious now about what others see my damage is. But at the same time, it's been very enlightening to see just how I stack up against other players, particularly the very good players in one of my guilds.

Anyway, this is just a tool, nothing more. This tool doesn't make people act like jerks; those people already are jerks to start with, and I'm sure they'll be causing grief with or without an addon like this.

Plus, my tolerance for bad players is much, much higher when I PUG. If I wanted a fast, smooth run, I'd run with guildies or contacts. When I PUG, it's because it's an easier dungeon where I know that I can carry people through no matter how bad they are, or it's because I just feel like meeting new people: either inexperienced players who I can help, or experienced people who I'd like to add to my contacts list. If someone is the type that cares so much about a smooth run that they'd go as far as kicking people, why are they running in a PUG in the first place?

(That said, I have kicked someone before, but that was an extreme case where it was plainly obvious that he was very bad--you didn't need a damage meter to see the problems--and he reacted very rudely when I tried to point out things he could do differently.)
    Edited by code65536 on January 15, 2016 6:26PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of those Players who use Addons, to post Numbers or spy out other Players, often playing bad enough too. They post their high Spell / Weapondamage or some "save" Situations with high Numbers, but the rest of the Run they are OOM or running around, without hitting the Target. It is more like a Theatre, a "great" Show.

Everytime i see someone posting his Dps into the Chat i think: " Well, thank you for the Show".

Edited by Murmeltier on January 15, 2016 6:42PM
    Options
  • Maddux
    Maddux
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shunravi
    I dont worry about this Kicks or that i didnt get an Invite because of that Reasons. Im a good Player (not the best), help People with there Builds in the german Forums everyday, wrote a Guide about DK Tanking and if i run vWGT with Pugs, i get Friendrequests and Guildinvites after instead of Kicks :smile:
    I just wanna show that the Morons are still out there and kicking People because of stupid Reasons. This Addon will change nothing.
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maddux wrote: »
    @Shunravi
    I dont worry about this Kicks or that i didnt get an Invite because of that Reasons. Im a good Player (not the best), help People with there Builds in the german Forums everyday, wrote a Guide about DK Tanking and if i run vWGT with Pugs, i get Friendrequests and Guildinvites after instead of Kicks :smile:
    I just wanna show that the Morons are still out there and kicking People because of stupid Reasons. This Addon will change nothing.

Yea... Just wanted to vent a little :)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.