Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually to get fast response from devs and bug get fixed you need to include words "PvE" and "Dragonknight" in topic!

Example:
    Title: I'm Dragonknight and this skill doesn't work in PvE!

Text: Playing DK encounterd that one of skills doesn't work properly in PvE and PvP. Repentance from Templar Restoring Light skill line doesn't scale with Mending passive from the same skill line!

It's guaranteed that someone from ZOS at least gonna read your thread! It's important to not include "PvP" in title, if you don't want your thread go to ignore list!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Saft wrote: »
    Arezius wrote: »
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.

Will it be right this time ? :drumroll:

I'll test it as much as I can in PvP later, since it's where it happens the most, and I'll post some feedback, fingers crossed.

Possibly fixed as noone complained about stuck yet. However whats more important, did they keep the GCD of 0.5-1 second effectively stunning us for using the skill? If still there, Its mutch better to use sword and shield charge still. Because it does not apply any global cooldown.

A lot of people got stuck even after last patch. Check reddit.
    A couple of guildmates got this bug too. So it's still not fully fixed.

I didn't get stuck all week, so it is vastly improved now. So much that I am not worried about using it anymore.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9unjgg.jpg

Just happened right now, so they may have reduced how often you get stuck but not eliminated it.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh by the way, the GCD they force on Templars is worse than you think, it locks out other Templar skills randomly, when you think it was a lag issue ask yourself, "were you in a high pop area?" I frequently see vampire bane and Jabs trigger a GCD. This is really disgusting that ZEN has put game-play mechanics on just one class that they will not and do not force on the others.

Seriously we need a one time option to change from the Templar class to another since this class is not played by DEVs and the company appears to have no intention of ever fixing it beyond token measures.

Those of us who have been taken in by the Templar fraud deserve the option to change to a different class with all our skill points and experience rolled over.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Actually to get fast response from devs and bug get fixed you need to include words "PvE" and "Dragonknight" in topic!

Example:

Text: Playing DK encounterd that one of skills doesn't work properly in PvE and PvP. Repentance from Templar Restoring Light skill line doesn't scale with Mending passive from the same skill line!

It's guaranteed that someone from ZOS at least gonna read your thread! It's important to not include "PvP" in title, if you don't want your thread go to ignore list!

It's been done. All ZOS does is lock the thread and tell off the OP.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Example:

It's been done. All ZOS does is lock the thread and tell off the OP.

Yes, but your goal is to get their attention. You make ZOS read about templar bugs, they got angry that you fooled them and delete thread , but fact that they are noticed about bugs remain.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Patch Notes 2.0.8
    Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.

Well, it's still bugged : I got stuck with a giant spear in my hand today again. Instead of running, the character was standing. But the effect of the bug is the same : no way to trigger skills for many long seconds.

A trick that works to take away several different "stuck" bugs = you go on the crown store, and you hit the magnifying glass to previsualize a costume. it worked for the templar charge "stuck" bug and also for the bug where you are attached to one place and cannot move, and for the bug where you cannot dismount from your horse.
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Lilarna wrote: »
    Patch Notes 2.0.8
    Templar
    Aedric Spear

Well, it's still bugged : I got stuck with a giant spear in my hand today again. Instead of running, the character was standing. But the effect of the bug is the same : no way to trigger skills for many long seconds.

A trick that works to take away several different "stuck" bugs = you go on the crown store, and you hit the magnifying glass to previsualize a costume. it worked for the templar charge "stuck" bug and also for the bug where you are attached to one place and cannot move, and for the bug where you cannot dismount from your horse.

I knew it!
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE FIX TEMPLAR BEFORE CONSOLE RELEASE - ITS MY MAIN CHARACTER.
    Tell all your console buddies how slow and buggy Templar is. The class is insanely crippled. NB's had it bad, but nothing like this.

By the way, I want a crutch & bandages & missing leg costume from the crown store.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! We're going to go through a lot of the concerns from this thread and give you all some updates this week. We'll do our best to hit each topic, and appreciate your feedback and reports since the last update we gave you. Just to set expectations, tomorrow's patch is very small, and there are no Templar fixes included (this actually goes for every class). Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we'll touch base sometime tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9unjgg.jpg

Just happened right now, so they may have reduced how often you get stuck but not eliminated it.

Alright. This whole week any time I have had the opportunity in XvX PvP I have been pounding the skill from enemy to enemy to try and get the lockup and have been unsuccessful.

I use to get it every 1 in 10 casts at least.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! We're going to go through a lot of the concerns from this thread and give you all some updates this week. We'll do our best to hit each topic, and appreciate your feedback and reports since the last update we gave you. Just to set expectations, tomorrow's patch is very small, and there are no Templar fixes included (this actually goes for every class). Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we'll touch base sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the weekend post! Appreciate it.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Example:

IT WORKED !!
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it when I see it.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is somewhat ironic that within a few posts mentioning a 'DK issue' we get a response.

Is it just me or am I somewhat cynical and paranoid here? :)
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the update, and I hate sounding like a broken record player in saying this but, can sorcerer's expect some sort of update on the potential changes?
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭

Believe it when I see it.

Agreed, we got the same message on the Sorc thread a while back since then, nothing
    *Kiss the goat*
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    no one has mentioned vamps bane, i DOT enemy NB's that's trying to go invisible and run away(all of them) but with the DOT they cant and they'r slowed slightly for 9 seconds. BUT when i use invasion it automatically removes the Flame DOT from vamps bane, meaning each time i use invasion i have to reapply the DOT, and NB's endlessly roll and i have to spam invasion to have even a slight chance to catch them between rolls.

Many times i have used invasion to find its removed the vamps bane DOT and NB's just vanish.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought cloak should purge that DOT to begin with. That might be why you see the DOT go away. The slow projectile might be what actually brings them out and charge is one of the best ways for anyone to stay on them when they dodge roll.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    It is somewhat ironic that within a few posts mentioning a 'DK issue' we get a response.

That had nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence. ;)
    CP5 wrote: »

Thanks for the update, and I hate sounding like a broken record player in saying this but, can sorcerer's expect some sort of update on the potential changes?
    There are a number of Sorcerer changes going into the next major update (including making stamina sorcs more viable), but don't have any solid info at the moment.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »

That had nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence. ;)
    CP5 wrote: »

There are a number of Sorcerer changes going into the next major update (including making stamina sorcs more viable), but don't have any solid info at the moment.

The Lord FENGRUSH has been insulted that you have insinuated stam sorc is not viable.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god please dont break us again.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar sets up siege (because skills broke) against sorc invasion of thread. :D
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Here are some problems from previous page in case you miss. And I added couple notes in them with a "//" symbol(dunno if its the right one lol) plus some additions at the end of the post. Sorry about long post.
    Refreshing memory...
    - Puncturing Strikes CC imunity //welp.. I guess we all agree on this, it is stupid. Either remove the knockback and give root/snare or give full stun, not just half a second knockback. OR just remove the immunity completely. Idk what to do else.
    - Focused Charge getting stuck and global cooldown //well done here, i appreciate the effort, but it still happens sometimes
    - Sun Fire slow projectile speed // +casting animation needs to be improved. It feels little bit clunky when you weave light attacks with it. Unstable flame animation is good example for this. It is much more smooth than sun fire. Also projectiles from Reflective Light are missing target when LOS is lost.
    - Solar Flare slow projectile speed and Dark Flare no chance to instant cast //similar to Crystal Fragments. Remove the AoE heal debuff if necessary.
    - Rushed Ceremony animation delay
    - Healing Ritual no chance to instant cast //or just remove this skill, it has no use in its current state. Put Blinding Light here
    Hear our plea!
    missed a couple Bug...
    - Solar Barrage has a global cooldown and grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs //GCD is slightly reduced tho I appreciate the effort but there is still something wrong with it, it still feels clunky when you spam. DMG is too low also
    - You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds // this is extremely annoying and it should have high priority imo
    - Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance (Focus Healing passive).
    - Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive. // It does also scale with only magicka. Make it scale with highest pool (stamina or magicka)
    - Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted. // Honestly I personally didn't noticed that yet.
    - Eclipse // well done here
    - Focused Charge again //again well done here. I appreciate the effort, but it still happens sometimes.
    - Purifying Light doesn't always create the healing pool. The healing pool disappears as soon as the mob has died. //Mostly that healing pool is so little and cant be noticable unless you have some kind of addon. And if I recall correctly, it doesn't have any animation either.
    - Restoring Spirit passive pales in comparison to Refreshing Shadows, Power Stone, Capacitor, Unholy Knowledge. // I personally want it become pre-release form again.
    - Not just Templars but unable to mount after healing someone still in combat - this one has existed since beta. // Arrgh fix this already

I'm sure there's more. I believe it's getting harder to find a Templar ability that works correctly - maybe Spear Shards? // lol no.

- If Templar role is to be healing, we need more synergy with Restoration staff tree.
    - If Templar role is to be tanking, we need an AoE CC
    - If Templar role is to be dps, we need an escape.

How about just rolling Templar back to 1.5?

- Blazing Shield and Radiant Aura needs some sort of buff. They are extremely weak currently.
    Since health pools are reduced in general and nerf to the Cyrodiil shield strengths, Blazing Shield became extremely weak. Either make it scale with magicka instead of health OR increase its raw shield strength 30% more to make it similar to its 1.5 version, power wise.
    Radiant Aura minor+major endurance buff is so little for a skill that only has one single job. I could understand if it was some sort of secondary effect together with heal or something else. Potions have better effect than this skill. It surely needs some attention. Either increase its effect x2 or make it so we can stack it with potions AT LEAST.

- Reduce or remove the flight time of Spear Shards and its morphs. It already takes two actions to cast, and delayed flight time makes it unbelievable slow and easily avoidable.
    - Need Blinding Light back or some new AoE CC that worth slotting!

edit/ some more additions.
    Edited by Soris on May 18, 2015 4:24PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot one more bug that exist since 1.6: addition projectiles from Reflective Light are missing target when lost LOS.
    P.S. Don't even dare to remove healing debuff from Dark Flare.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 18, 2015 3:28PM
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You forgot one more bug that exist since 1.6: addition projectiles from Reflective Light are missing target when lost LOS.

If it gets a chance to instant cast, why not? Atleast you'll be actually hitting targets with it then.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If it gets a chance to instant cast, why not? Atleast you'll be actually hitting targets with it then.
    Increasing projectile speed would be enough for increasing dps. I remeber 1.5 when heal depression wasn't screwed and how 1 dark flare could change th course of battle. However with all what happened in 1.6 chance insta cast and heal depression will make it good once again.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭

Increasing projectile speed would be enough for increasing dps. I remeber 1.5 when heal depression wasn't screwed and how 1 dark flare could change th course of battle. However with all what happened in 1.6 chance insta cast and heal depression will make it good once again.

Yes, but in order to not become overpowered, it should lose the aoe heal debuff, but keep the single target debuff, whilst also losing the empower buff.

So.... Dark Flare: chance to instant cast with single target heal debuff, minus the empower buff.
    Edited by BugCollector on May 18, 2015 4:08PM
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but in order to not become overpowered, it should lose the aoe heal debuff, but keep the single target debuff, whilst also losing the empower buff.

So.... Dark Flare: chance to instant cast with single target heal debuff, minus the empower buff.
    Dark Flare mainly purpose as support dd skill (at least before zos ruined main skill - jabs), even with empower buff up it not hitting as hard as crytal fragments; skill will be killed in the same moment when it will loose aoe heal depression and won't get something sagnificant like removal of cast time.
    Anyway everyone know that templar is screwed in 1.6 and to make class viable with current cp it need huge buffs. Not need to be afraid that enemy will shout "OP, nerf it now", they will say this anyway coz in peoples mind templar that can kill enemy is blasphemy, for them Templar = pocket healer who useless for group without Breath of Life and worst class for solo roaming.
    P.S. - better class will be OP, i.e. equal to other 3, than extinct completely.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 18, 2015 4:41PM