The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

REQUEST: Remove Knockback from Puncturing Strikes

Yoven
Yoven
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I would like to request the removal of the knockback animation from the Puncturing Strikes skill and it's morphs. And I would like to see it being replaced with a mild snare, immobilization effect or nothing at all. The Puncturing Strikes skill is an incredibly powerful (damage dealing) abity to be used by the Templar community. The only major drawback / flaw is that it gives a worthless CC immunity effect on the last hit. In my general rotation I would like to use Puncturing Strikes as a damage dealing ability, not as a CC. Other skills are much more suitable to be used as a CC. But because Puncturing Strikes gives CC immunity even if the target only gets hit by the last hit, I can't strategically plan when I want to hit my target with a CC.

Puncturing Strikes is the only good damage dealing skill in the Templars arsenal which can be used in a general rotation. It's only being held back by it's bizarre CC immunity giving effect.

Thanks for reading.

Any thoughts fellow players? And @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_AlanG ?
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree completely, the CC immunity it gives makes it almost worthless for PVP and in PVE has no real benefit - it's just pointless.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree on this - I can't effectively slot this on my templar due to this fact - on top of that it's a channel so it's borderline useless... which is a shame, cause it's a cool skill.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    OR just remove the CC tag on the ability so the immunity doesn't trigger. I don't think taking away unique abilities is the answer.
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    OR just remove the CC tag on the ability so the immunity doesn't trigger. I don't think taking away unique abilities is the answer.

Thats what I meant by 'nothing at all'. I didn't mean removing the skill completely.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a decent amount of Templars in PVE using nothing BUT this power and still winning easily. It's a one-button-mash snooze fest already. This power really doesn't need any improvements. That being said, if I just gave a snare i wouldn't mind, I just don't think that this power needs to be any more useful than it already is.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but your request implys that
    1. ZoS reads the forums (its only community managers)
    2. ZoS is ready to start balancing
    3. ZoS has a grasp on balance

Give it 2017/2018

They are busy with console release man, give em some time to iron out all those pesky bugs post release. Dont be so darn unrealistic with your expectations and keep your ESO+ sub alive until then.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give it a snare or remove the knock back entirely. Just do something. The free cc immunity makes it worthless in PvP. It also seems to give immunity to multiple targets, so it's like a fricken raid buff for the enemy :astonished:

I dont even know what Zos was thinking, turning templars main offensive skill into a joke. It's not like we have any good replacement skills either. Rest is cursed by casting time or such travelling times, not even going to scratch the target.

Actually want enemy templars to use it on me in Cyrodiil right now, the immunity for jabs/sweep saves me a lot of stamina. No need to break Fear every 6 second when there's a jabber nearby. It's a bit ridiculous when you feel relieved by someone attacking you.
  • Zinrokh
    Zinrokh
    Soul Shriven
    I agree 100% as well. And change Sun Fire's horrendously slow animation.
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but your request implys that
    1. ZoS reads the forums (its only community managers)
    2. ZoS is ready to start balancing
    3. ZoS has a grasp on balance

Give it 2017/2018

They are busy with console release man, give em some time to iron out all those pesky bugs post release. Dont be so darn unrealistic with your expectations and keep your ESO+ sub alive until then.

Actually, they do read, and respond and make fixes from our requests. It's not always what we want or as fast as we want but things are happening.

I would like to support this. I would like to see a snare added or nothing at all. As it stands now, I have to CC my opponents force them to cc break then use puncturing sweep. I don't like giving out free cc immunity.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    I see a decent amount of Templars in PVE using nothing BUT this power and still winning easily. It's a one-button-mash snooze fest already. This power really doesn't need any improvements. That being said, if I just gave a snare i wouldn't mind, I just don't think that this power needs to be any more useful than it already is.

That's bc/ PVE mobs don't care about CC immunity.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but when talking about these things, PvE needs to be considered. Since powers don't have different effects in PvP or PvE, making it better in PvP makes it better in PvE. and in PvE, you can already just spam this one ability and go from level 1-VR14 basically.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with removing the knock back completely so I can use a different skill for CC. We can debate later on whether it should have something put in its place, but for right now, I would like for it to just be a damage ability.

In fact; for a lot of templar abilities, I would love to see more that are just instant damage. No DOT. No heal debuff. No store up damage. No casting. No channeling and arbirtrary execute ranges scaling off some stat. Just straight, I hit the button, it does damage with no extra BS situational crap.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Now that mobs get the same immunity as players, there is literally no point whatsoever to the knockback.

Edited by Emma_Overload on May 12, 2015 4:58PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My priority would be:

1. Change the knockback/CC immunity to an AoE root (Templars have no AoE CC)
    2. Change it to a snare
    3. Remove it entirely

Any of these three would be infinitely preferable to the current situation.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totaly agree.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if ZoS gives 2 ***** about what Templars want. They cant even decide what they want for the class themselves.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Only enemies want the knock back because it is a free break free. Therefore the knock back is a Nerf to the skill. Please buff the skill by removing the knock back. Same logic applies to Javelin.
    Edited by glak on May 18, 2015 6:28PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's got a separate effect for Ambush for PvP (immobilize instead of stun, oh and the stun in PvE does not give out immunity btw), so I think they should do the same for jabs.

1 second immobilize instead of knockback if enemy is another player.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but when talking about these things, PvE needs to be considered. Since powers don't have different effects in PvP or PvE, making it better in PvP makes it better in PvE. and in PvE, you can already just spam this one ability and go from level 1-VR14 basically.

They can do it. Like I said above, NB's Ambush works differently in PvP and PvE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    NB's got a separate effect for Ambush for PvP (immobilize instead of stun, oh and the stun in PvE does not give out immunity btw), so I think they should do the same for jabs.

1 second immobilize instead of knockback if enemy is another player.

That would be decent.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CC is amazing in non-endgame PVE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CC is amazing in non-endgame PVE.

Cause its totally needed in the easy as hell PVE.