Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+.

• Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    OHohoho

So apparently if you say you are no longer going to subscribe, that's a "goodbye" thread.

Ain't that grand. lmao

I bet the mods are grumpy because their salary is shrinking day by day. No more cigarrs!
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    This isn't a F2P MMO. You had to purchase the "box" so to speak. There is an initial outlay of money to be able to download/install the game, thus it is not F2P.

I suggest you go check out Craptic...err...Cryptic games and three titles of theirs. Three IP's that they totally ruined, imnsho.

Champions Online.
    Star Trek Online.
    Neverwinter.

All three of those intellectual properties have been totally ruined by the company by making them F2P. Costs you absolutely nothing to be able to download any of them or even all of them.

Go ahead, I double dog dare you. Play those games and then come back here and suggest that anything in this thread is an abomination that you are "sick of hearing about".

Go and experience for yourself how badly a game developer can ruin things. We've got it pretty good here right now, but there is room for improvement...which is what we all want. Improvement.

I've played all three.

Didn't like Champions.
    Was m'eh about Star Trek, but thought the way they handled the transition from Ship based adventures to Away Team based adventures was well done. The store wasn't too intrusive at least as far as I played.

Love Neverwinter - but especially the Foundry. I have had an adventure I designed featured and have a trilogy that is highly rated by those who have played it. Again the store wasn't too intrusive, but more so than in Star Trek. I left when they failed to deliver promised Foundry updates. Of course with Foundry tips (Astral Diamonds) being able to be converted in to Zen (store currency) I had no need to part with real-world cash to get what I needed from the Foundry. I'll freely admit that the very best Foundry adventures (top 15% or so) were miles better than the officially designed game content.

I think a major title like ESO or LOTRO could benefit from similar functionality - the pressure on DEVs to deliver "new content" is lessened because there are, literally, hundreds of new quests added every day, and some of them were many times better than the DEV created content in terms of story-telling, immersion, and the level of combat competence needed to complete them.

All The Best

Playing Neverwinter before ESO comes to Xbox One - it's a fun game that's absolutely ruined by the UI and the insistent marketing. I'll never pay them a dime because they feel the need to tell me that some jerk opened a lockbox ACROSS MY SCREEN. Worse yet, they feel the need to not allow me to ignore this. While Neverwinter is an ok game in terms of gameplay, the cash shop and advertisement is atrocious. It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with free to play.

isnt it a bit exaggerating? its the same as eso announcing scroll taken or drop, after a week, who cares? its ridiculous point it as argument against a game
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Nerio
    Nerio
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm officially done.

I got official word from Zos that if you are a VR14 you can group with ANY level players in ANY level scaled instance and loot every boss, but if you are a lower VR you have to group within your own level range AND the dungeon has to be scaled to the same level....or you can't loot a single boss.

So if you're V14 you can do easy dungeons and get cruddy loot, and if you're V1 and getting carried by a V14 you don't get loot?

Why would you expect that to be different? Why should someone playing an already easy game on easy mode expect to get meaningful rewards?

The sense of entitlement in this thread is disappointing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    This isn't a F2P MMO. You had to purchase the "box" so to speak. There is an initial outlay of money to be able to download/install the game, thus it is not F2P.

I suggest you go check out Craptic...err...Cryptic games and three titles of theirs. Three IP's that they totally ruined, imnsho.

Champions Online.
    Star Trek Online.
    Neverwinter.

All three of those intellectual properties have been totally ruined by the company by making them F2P. Costs you absolutely nothing to be able to download any of them or even all of them.

Go ahead, I double dog dare you. Play those games and then come back here and suggest that anything in this thread is an abomination that you are "sick of hearing about".

Go and experience for yourself how badly a game developer can ruin things. We've got it pretty good here right now, but there is room for improvement...which is what we all want. Improvement.

I've played all three.

Didn't like Champions.
    Was m'eh about Star Trek, but thought the way they handled the transition from Ship based adventures to Away Team based adventures was well done. The store wasn't too intrusive at least as far as I played.

Love Neverwinter - but especially the Foundry. I have had an adventure I designed featured and have a trilogy that is highly rated by those who have played it. Again the store wasn't too intrusive, but more so than in Star Trek. I left when they failed to deliver promised Foundry updates. Of course with Foundry tips (Astral Diamonds) being able to be converted in to Zen (store currency) I had no need to part with real-world cash to get what I needed from the Foundry. I'll freely admit that the very best Foundry adventures (top 15% or so) were miles better than the officially designed game content.

I think a major title like ESO or LOTRO could benefit from similar functionality - the pressure on DEVs to deliver "new content" is lessened because there are, literally, hundreds of new quests added every day, and some of them were many times better than the DEV created content in terms of story-telling, immersion, and the level of combat competence needed to complete them.

All The Best

Playing Neverwinter before ESO comes to Xbox One - it's a fun game that's absolutely ruined by the UI and the insistent marketing. I'll never pay them a dime because they feel the need to tell me that some jerk opened a lockbox ACROSS MY SCREEN. Worse yet, they feel the need to not allow me to ignore this. While Neverwinter is an ok game in terms of gameplay, the cash shop and advertisement is atrocious. It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with free to play.

isnt it a bit exaggerating? its the same as eso announcing scroll taken or drop, after a week, who cares? its ridiculous point it as argument against a game

If you are in a Campaign you care about, this is important information. Less important if you are not in the Campaign at the time. I could see filtering it outside of Cyrodiil, but inside, this is news you should know.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerio wrote: »

I got official word from Zos that if you are a VR14 you can group with ANY level players in ANY level scaled instance and loot every boss, but if you are a lower VR you have to group within your own level range AND the dungeon has to be scaled to the same level....or you can't loot a single boss.

So if you're V14 you can do easy dungeons and get cruddy loot, and if you're V1 and getting carried by a V14 you don't get loot?

Why would you expect that to be different? Why should someone playing an already easy game on easy mode expect to get meaningful rewards?

This. Had you asked (playerbase) first, @olemanwinter , they would have told you you can still loot, so long as you've contributed enough healing/damage. That's only if the next highest VR is a full 4 levels above you.

You could have grouped 3 levels above your own and gotten loot regardless (at least until they realized you were just there...)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    of course i mean if you are outside of campaign. and btw this message is a lot less annoying in neverwinter that at eso. and at the end, find proper arguments against games and not that omg there are lockboxes everywhere. who really care? i am collecting them, they look good at alt inventory. if someone like to ride a stockpig, let him, its only more fun killing him

immersion? well there is not a lot to talk about, since they started with that silly any race any alliance ...
    Edited by VincentBlanquin on May 14, 2015 3:46PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

immersion? well there is not a lot to talk about, since they started with that silly any race any alliance ...

Are you saying that no Nord, or Breton, or Orc, or anyone else for that matter has ever betrayed their alliance and switched faction.

Any Race / Any Alliance is 100% more immersive than strict 3 races per faction.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OHohoho

So apparently if you say you are no longer going to subscribe, that's a "goodbye" thread.

Ain't that grand. lmao

Did they shut down your thread?

Man they need to lighten up
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you saying that no Nord, or Breton, or Orc, or anyone else for that matter has ever betrayed their alliance and switched faction.

Any Race / Any Alliance is 100% more immersive than strict 3 races per faction.

All The Best

Would be cool if we got a buff or bonus for playing in the "correct" alliance though.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 14, 2015 4:53PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    exactly, i like that bonus idea. of course there are traitors, but tell me how many wood elf will play EP or DC when race change is possible, couse of stamina regen? how many bretons should play, are play, EP and AD for magicka bonuses. a lot, and thats the point
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Would be cool if we got a buff or bonus for playing in the "correct" alliance though.

Yeah, I can go with that.

All The Best

Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, all day long VR14s take a single VR1 character so they can just roll through and get their gold key without the slightest effort. But if you have 3 VR1 characters and 1 VR7 healer....you shouldn't get ANYTHING...all bosses are completely unlootable.

Nonsense. ESPECIALLY in a game where grouping is so ridiculously annoying and everyone is only interested in grinding up to max VR.
    Edited by olemanwinter on May 14, 2015 7:30PM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete
  • Nerio
    Nerio
    ✭✭✭

You are wrong. Ive tested it many times. Running it with 3 lower VR with dungeon scaled to their level and 1 higher. None could loot any bosses.

What you are describing us the way it used to be. Something is different/ broken.

Zos themselves indicate as much in their messages to me.

Ive tested this with many dif players in dif roles in dif dungeons on dif days. In all instances none...NONE.. of the lower gr8 character were Ever able loot any boss.

How can I be wrong when I was asking you a series of questions?

Why do you think you deserve meaningful rewards for being carried through activities by someone who is significantly higher level than you? Run the dungeon with 4 people within a couple veteran ranks of you. If you don't get loot then, then there is an actual problem.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had you asked (playerbase) first, @olemanwinter , they would have told you you can still loot, so long as you've contributed enough healing/damage. That's only if the next highest VR is a full 4 levels above you.

You could have grouped 3 levels above your own and gotten loot regardless (at least until they realized you were just there...)

That is incorrect. What you are describing is how I remember it being, how perhaps it was. That is no longer the case. It has either changed or is broken.

I tested this SEVERAL TIMES. In a few cases with 3 lower VR characters in a dungeons scaled to their level and a single higher VR character of a class other than DPS. No one other than the higher VR character was EVER...EVER..able to loot ANY bosses.

You take three VR 2's (2 dps, 1 tank) and one VR9 healer, and nobody except the VR9 is EVER able to loot ANY boss.

Don't tell me it's DPS based. It's not. That may be an additional variable that COULD stop one from getting loot, but I'm pretty sure that's the case at any level.

It's entirely beside the point. And Zos's own correspondence with me indicates as much.

They say anytime you are grouped with people outside your level range you won't get loot......except it's only working on lower VR characters. Higher VR characters can always loot. They say...working as intended.

I have a VR14, a VR9, a VR2, and a VR1. That's total crap. Something either broke or was changed on purpose.

And since I'm not going to sit and wait an hour to get a group VR1-4, and I have no more patience to grind up like everyone else, and since I'm not a roleplayer...I'm done.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll still play. That 10% experience gain makes me even more over leveled in 1 through 50. I still have not seen any good reason to stay subscribed. I have cancelled it because ZOS has not earned the right to ask for charity. This makes me sad. I really, really wanted to find a reason to continue to subscribe. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why, because ZoS isn't smart enough to make the boss loot scale by player level when you're under level of scale?

What if i'm VR3 and group lead is vr7? Dungeon will scale to VR7, but I'm not exactly getting carried at that point.
    Edited by Bouvin on May 14, 2015 8:11PM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    What if i'm VR3 and group lead is vr7? Dungeon will scale to VR7, but I'm not exactly getting carried at that point.

That's actually when I noticed it at first. I theory crafted an amazing tank build.

So, I went to a VR5 scaled gold pledge run of Elden Root (one of the harder gold pledges) as a VR1 tank.

I GOT NO LOOT.

Nobody carried me through that dungeon. The group had to be convinced to take me and was surprised I was up to the task. I never died, and in fact nobody ever died.

VR5 DPS, VR5 healer, VR7 DPS.....and me as tank as VR1. Got no loot. Why? Cause Zos logic.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

That's actually when I noticed it at first. I theory crafted an amazing tank build.

So, I went to a VR5 scaled gold pledge run of Elden Root (one of the harder gold pledges) as a VR1 tank.

I GOT NO LOOT.

Nobody carried me through that dungeon. The group had to be convinced to take me and was surprised I was up to the task. I never died, and in fact nobody ever died.

VR5 DPS, VR5 healer, VR7 DPS.....and me as tank as VR1. Got no loot. Why? Cause Zos logic.

You guys need to create a separate topic for this. This issue is off topic for this thread.
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Hi guys, there's some very constructive discussion in this thread, but some of the posts are rather inflammatory or otherwise problematic. Please be mindful of the forum rules, and keep all comments and criticism civil and constructive. We will not tolerate trolling, demands, abusive or insulting language toward our community members, developers, company, or ESO itself.

Oh yeah? well we will not tolerate poor game concepts, crappy programming, Server side lag in PvP, broken quests, poor mechanics for grouping, lack of an AH that's worth a damn, laughable banking system, and inability to fix the issues. I'm with the OP; this game blows and is simply not getting any better.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    You guys need to create a separate topic for this. This issue is off topic for this thread.

I did. It got moved. So, I made a 2nd and it got closed.

I got the SAME form letter back over and over again from Zos. Finally I got a terse "working as intended".

It's pertinent....This is why I cancelled my sub. This was the last straw.

If something as simple as this functions as illogically and annoyingly...what hope is there for profound improvement in the game? lol
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I recently started playing another MMO that I have heard good things about. I started as a F2P player, but within a day I liked it so much that I took out a 3-month subscription option! Granted, the graphics and game world don't look as good as in ESO, but the gameplay I find vastly superior. It also offers significant benefits to subscribers. If it weren't for the wonderful friends I have made playing this game, I probably would've stopped logging in by now. Currently there are a lot of other good games out there that I can rather spend my time on rather than just doing stale 6-month+ old content day in and day out. If the devs of ESO can just get it right then ESO has the possibility to become one of the best MMOs out there in my opinion.
    Edited by Parrotbrain on May 15, 2015 12:03AM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I recently started playing another MMO that I have heard good things about. I started as a F2P player, but within a day I liked it so much that I took out a 3-month subscription option! Granted, the graphics and game world don't look as good as in ESO, but the gameplay I find vastly superior. It also offers significant benefits to subscribers. If it weren't for the wonderful friends I have made playing this game, I probably would've stopped logging in by now. Currently there are a lot of other good games out there that I can rather spend my time on rather than just doing stale 6-month+ old content day in and day out. If the devs of ESO can just get it right then ESO has the possibility to become one of the best MMOs out there in my opinion.

Please tell me which. Very interested in finding something new.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently noticed that Archeage's sub benefits have been given a bit of an upgrade...
    xaSJcTq.png?1

And I've been thinking about The Secret World's subscription too...
    RsoQDk4.png?1

Those Exclusive Items and Store Discounts are really enticing.

When compared to what ESO+ gives you...
    zZB2TKo.png

There's just no doubt that ESO+ is lacking... Now, that being said... The Secret World doesn't give subscribers access to their Expansions (They call Issues, like a comic!)... so the more DLC that comes out for ESO, the more enticing the Subscription will become. Right now, there's just not much to make a person go "yea! That's worth it!"
    Edited by Gidorick on May 15, 2015 12:58AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did. It got moved. So, I made a 2nd and it got closed.

I got the SAME form letter back over and over again from Zos. Finally I got a terse "working as intended".

It's pertinent....This is why I cancelled my sub. This was the last straw.

If something as simple as this functions as illogically and annoyingly...what hope is there for profound improvement in the game? lol

Why not keep the discussion going in the one that got moved? @MornaBaine has done that with the subject of harassment, which got moved from general to role play even though it belonged in general.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the devs of ESO can just get it right then ESO has the possibility to become one of the best MMOs out there in my opinion.

ESO is a great game held back by a development studio that does not have enough resources on hand. The issue is not one of really getting it right, because I do think that the ZOS team has the talent to do ESO, but I think they just don't have enough of them.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At about fifteen bucks per month, I would suggest making adjustments in your budget (cancel HBO like I did and use movietube.org instead) and go with the ESO + membership to fund the game we love so we can continue playing tomorrow.
    Having played almost every major MMO title out there, I find this game a great vacation from the others that is remarkably beautiful and engaging...despite the downsides. But I CHOOSE to ignore them, and continue supporting the company that provides the game I enjoy. If they don't make money, I won't be able to play it anymore...

I might be old fashioned, but people really need to get out of the "What are you going to do for me" mindset.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the devs of ESO can just get it right then ESO has the possibility to become one of the best MMOs out there in my opinion.

ESO is a great game held back by a development studio that does not have enough resources on hand. The issue is not one of really getting it right, because I do think that the ZOS team has the talent to do ESO, but I think they just don't have enough of them.

I would take this one step further. I would say ESO is a great game held back by the Media Company which owns the Development Studio. ESO's growth has been stunted by a flipping monetization ideology and the need to release on consoles.

The team that has worked on ESO for the past year doesn't seem to be the same team that made the game we're playing. If ZOS were given the freedom to make ESO we would get some really amazing content. I'm crossing my fingers for ESO after Console release. I really want to see what they can do when all that is in front of them is the development of this wonderful game.

When that content starts to release... I might very well re-subscribe. We shall see.

Edited by Gidorick on May 15, 2015 2:51AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not keep the discussion going in the one that got moved? @MornaBaine has done that with the subject of harassment, which got moved from general to role play even though it belonged in general.

Because it got moved to a "general help" forum and nobody including the mods are providing any real help, and even when I update the page several days later with new replies I got from Zos it doesn't even move back up the list. So, yeah....it got buried.

I'm not trying to turn this into a thread about that issue. That specific issue is the final straw causing me to cease my subscription. I will however respond when someone misrepresents the issue, or the current mechanic, or myself, etc.

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it got moved to a "general help" forum and nobody including the mods are providing any real help, and even when I update the page several days later with new replies I got from Zos it doesn't even move back up the list. So, yeah....it got buried.

I'm not trying to turn this into a thread about that issue. That specific issue is the final straw causing me to cease my subscription. I will however respond when someone misrepresents the issue, or the current mechanic, or myself, etc.

I understand. And yes the inability to group more than 5 levels apart and not allow everyone to gain exp/loot is another dumb choice on their part. I had really been looking for a reason to stay subbed, but I truly believe they do not care, so it won't happen.
    Edited by Ysne58 on May 15, 2015 3:32AM