The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+.

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What infuriates me about crowns is that crowns are account wide (both eu and na) but what you get isn't. If you buy something on eu, the crowns deducted from that purchase apply to both eu and na. I think they should only deduct from the server on which you buy. People who play on both servers are going to have to pay twice for the dlc in order to have it on both servers. This is not fair, it's just plain greed on the part of ZOS.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    What infuriates me about crowns is that crowns are account wide (both eu and na) but what you get isn't. If you buy something on eu, the crowns deducted from that purchase apply to both eu and na. I think they should only deduct from the server on which you buy. People who play on both servers are going to have to pay twice for the dlc in order to have it on both servers. This is not fair, it's just plain greed on the part of ZOS.

It's going to work the same way for the console servers. Now, my question is, when you buy Crowns do they show up on BOTH servers for use?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭

Ah. That's not cool. Think its an exchange rate thing?
    Artists and Theives...
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't a F2P MMO. You had to purchase the "box" so to speak. There is an initial outlay of money to be able to download/install the game, thus it is not F2P.

I suggest you go check out Craptic...err...Cryptic games and three titles of theirs. Three IP's that they totally ruined, imnsho.

Champions Online.
    Star Trek Online.
    Neverwinter.

All three of those intellectual properties have been totally ruined by the company by making them F2P. Costs you absolutely nothing to be able to download any of them or even all of them.

Go ahead, I double dog dare you. Play those games and then come back here and suggest that anything in this thread is an abomination that you are "sick of hearing about".

Go and experience for yourself how badly a game developer can ruin things. We've got it pretty good here right now, but there is room for improvement...which is what we all want. Improvement.

I've played all three.

Didn't like Champions.
    Was m'eh about Star Trek, but thought the way they handled the transition from Ship based adventures to Away Team based adventures was well done. The store wasn't too intrusive at least as far as I played.

Love Neverwinter - but especially the Foundry. I have had an adventure I designed featured and have a trilogy that is highly rated by those who have played it. Again the store wasn't too intrusive, but more so than in Star Trek. I left when they failed to deliver promised Foundry updates. Of course with Foundry tips (Astral Diamonds) being able to be converted in to Zen (store currency) I had no need to part with real-world cash to get what I needed from the Foundry. I'll freely admit that the very best Foundry adventures (top 15% or so) were miles better than the officially designed game content.

I think a major title like ESO or LOTRO could benefit from similar functionality - the pressure on DEVs to deliver "new content" is lessened because there are, literally, hundreds of new quests added every day, and some of them were many times better than the DEV created content in terms of story-telling, immersion, and the level of combat competence needed to complete them.

All The Best

Playing Neverwinter before ESO comes to Xbox One - it's a fun game that's absolutely ruined by the UI and the insistent marketing. I'll never pay them a dime because they feel the need to tell me that some jerk opened a lockbox ACROSS MY SCREEN. Worse yet, they feel the need to not allow me to ignore this. While Neverwinter is an ok game in terms of gameplay, the cash shop and advertisement is atrocious. It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with free to play.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    While Neverwinter is an ok game in terms of gameplay, the cash shop and advertisement is atrocious. It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with free to play.

It's also a perfect example of how NOT to market to your players. Everything about those three games is half-arsed. Incomplete. Sub-standard...and completely disregards any established lore for the sake of greed.

I see this game STARTING down that road....and all I can do is hope we, the players, band together to stop this atrocity from occurring here.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Neverwinter is an ok game in terms of gameplay, the cash shop and advertisement is atrocious. It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with free to play.

It's also a perfect example of how NOT to market to your players. Everything about those three games is half-arsed. Incomplete. Sub-standard...and completely disregards any established lore for the sake of greed.

I see this game STARTING down that road....and all I can do is hope we, the players, band together to stop this atrocity from occurring here.

I find myself agreeing. The flaming horse is cool to look at and fun to have in the game. If the game is World of Warcraft. I am sure it is a lore approved horse, and that it is perfectly normal for every tenth character to be riding them, but so are Storm Troopers and Hobbits, if you pick the right lore.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »

Ah. That's not cool. Think its an exchange rate thing?

Doubtful. Lots of people play on both servers. It's greed and overreaching, plain and simple. I suspect the people living in Europe might actually be able to take some kind of action under their consumer laws.
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    When I made this thread on April 20th @Giles.floydub17_ESO, I did because, as subscriber that truly wants to continue to subscribe, I wanted to know I did everything I could to let ZOS know my thoughts.

I knew I wasn't alone... The number of threads we have all posted about this shows that.

It's not that I'm saying "give me this or I'll quit " it's more "I don't want to quit but I have no reason not to."

Fine line? Sure. But it's a defined line.
    ]

Making use of what resides between the ears are also a good start. The game canned subscription and went b2p & ftp.
    Paying monthly for crowns and get minor perks as a token of appreciation is just that. Its not an act of heroism or charity. Its only another way to buy crowns then through the store packs.

Right. Because so many people are buying 1500 Crowns a month to spend on Botox dogs.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Well, I spent enough time trying to convince myself to remain subscribed.

VzF79fE.png?1

I am 100% willing to resubscribe ZOS! I Still want to be a subscriber and will resubscribe if ESO+ is ever expanded to include other benefits, or when DLC is released. I will continue to be a player and a fan of ESO and a soapboxer on the forms! :smiley:

Keep the fight up gid we will get the benfits sooner or later.
    I personally wanf the multi tier sub system thats been posted on the forums.

I absolutely agree with you Gidorick. I've unsubbed as well, only because I felt like a sucker for being subbed.

There isn't one thing in the Crown Store I want. (Well, I do kind of want the Hand of Almalexia costume.) But besides that, I'm a pvper and I want Cyro to be more stable. There are lots of posts about improving AvA and pvp, so I won't go into it here. And I would buy XP pots, too, because I don't want to level through all of the EXACT SAME quests AGAIN. Bigger xp buff would be nice. Or like I said, I would buy xp pots.

• GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount
    • Additional Character slots
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit
    • Grant more Crowns per month.

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as some of the other suggestions in my thread would be, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

Now your subscription time is over, ZOS wont listen you. I am curious what you did? Re-subbed or canceled?
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount
    • Additional Character slots
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit
    • Grant more Crowns per month.

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as some of the other suggestions in my thread would be, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

Now your subscription time is over, ZOS wont listen you. I am curious what you did? Re-subbed or canceled?

Oh! Lol. I should update the OP I guess. I canceled my sub. No point in keeping it... thanks @GamerzElite
    Well, I spent enough time trying to convince myself to remain subscribed.

VzF79fE.png?1

I am 100% willing to resubscribe ZOS! I Still want to be a subscriber and will resubscribe if ESO+ is ever expanded to include other benefits, or when DLC is released. I will continue to be a player and a fan of ESO and a soapboxer on the forms! :smiley:
    Edited by Gidorick on May 5, 2015 12:41PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed. I have to say, I'm really proud of my fellow Tamriel travelers who voiced their opinion against Zeni's attempt at this. I hope we can be that strong again should other things arise like that.

This game really is a breathe of fresh air - the UI, the questing, the skill system. It's all really immersive, and I hope that doesn't change.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that the devs are not commenting on feedback being provided.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that the devs are not commenting on feedback being provided.

I am sure they are watching but they are not allowed to comment unless they are told they can.

But yes it would be nice if they could because i would really like to know as well.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have subscribed since launch. I even switched to 90 day subscriptions right before it went B2P, so I could support the game. I'M DONE.

I filled out a support ticket and got a form letter. Which is okay, except when I replied why the form letter didn't solve the problem, I got the EXACT SAME form letter back in reply a second time.

So, I came on the forum to discuss how poor this customer service was and my thread was moved to the dusty cellar that is "General Help".

I'll still play the game, a little, for a while. This company will get no more money from me. I'm done subscribing.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have subscribed since launch. I even switched to 90 day subscriptions right before it went B2P, so I could support the game. I'M DONE.

I filled out a support ticket and got a form letter. Which is okay, except when I replied why the form letter didn't solve the problem, I got the EXACT SAME form letter back in reply a second time.

So, I came on the forum to discuss how poor this customer service was and my thread was moved to the dusty cellar that is "General Help".

I'll still play the game, a little, for a while. This company will get no more money from me. I'm done subscribing.

I applaud you for replying to the initial ticket response. I read the ticket response, considered responding but decided not to. Mostly because response tickets are likely processed as quickly as possible with pretty standard responses, it's not a medium for a back and forth discussion. That's what these forums are for... right?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what these forums are for... right?

Naw, the forums are for ridiculous "polls" like "how much would you pay for a flying guar" or generic "nerf every class except mine" posts.

But if you have a legitimate undeniable complaint you will get shut down almost instantly lest they be forced to show how incompetent and/or uncaring they are.

Heck, I'm surprised I haven't been banned from the forums and they just moved the post.
    Edited by olemanwinter on May 10, 2015 1:09AM
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even care any more. I did 2x6 month subs and just let it expire. This game had so much potential but has been such a failure since launch I have no use for it any more.
    Edited by Desdemonte on May 10, 2015 2:00AM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    had so much potential but has been such a failure since launch I have no use for it any more.

I disagree. The game was pretty decent at launch, bugs and glitches and gold spammers aside. It's the things they've DONE to the game since launch that has ruined it. These are a few of the things I personally think contributed(are contributing) to the downfall of the game.
    1) No Centralized means of buying and selling for every player, regardless of guild membership or not.
    2) Public instanced dungeons.
    3) The Justice System.
    4) The way dyes are implemented.
    5) Dropping the sub only model.
    6) No text chat for consoles, no VOIP in PC version.
    7) No cosmetic modding. You're stuck with THEIR sense of aesthetics.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the people I know let their subscriptions run out and don't plan on resubscring till content is coming out. Don't blame them. Zenimax have pretty much neglected their fanbase for console which we all no is a dead end. Kinda sad I think, great game. Wish we got to see places like Black Marsh etc, I was hoping by now we would have 3 extra zones added, some more DSA and dungeons and some more trials. Lol at me
    #MOREORBS
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short, their losing more than they're gaining, and they gained a lot back with the Unlimited Launched, they should've released a few DLC packs with it. Instead of welcoming us back to the same content we left back in November, but that's just my 2 cents
    #MOREORBS
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    In short, their losing more than they're gaining, and they gained a lot back with the Unlimited Launched

Indeed. Most existing players wanted it to stay P2P, but I think everyone can agree the relaunch of Unlimited did deliver a big influx of new and returning players. But they WASTED them. I think most of the new Unlimited players have left due to either the lack of end game content, the still-unchanged horrible VR grind to get to end-game content, and pvp lag.

If I won the lottery I would buy this game and fix it....cause it's a sad excuse for what it could have been.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Crown Store discount = I agree it would be nice see some type discount like the have in SWTOR but reminder the have not add much in Crown Store hopeful we get discount when more item have come.
    • Additional Character slots = Total i agree here it would not hurt to see more Character slot.
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil = I agree here
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit = Yes please
    • Grant more Crowns per month. = I dont agree with you here if sub for 6 month you get 9000 crown and that is alot so no more crowns

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS simply screwed over all of its customers. The only reason people hang around is because they love the game they have invested time and money in. The days of people paying a subscription just to support ZOS seem to be all but over and rightfully so.

Now, who to blame?
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    ZOS simply screwed over all of its customers. The only reason people hang around is because they love the game they have invested time and money in. The days of people paying a subscription just to support ZOS seem to be all but over and rightfully so.

Now, who to blame?

I'm still subscribing probably one of the few who still are, but I do it for two things 1. I like the 10% experience increase seems to make a difference at least for me. 2. I want to support ZOS even with all it's issues I am dedicated to the longevity of ESO as a whole. But overall I love the game and if I wasn't taking classes and focused on homework all the time and downloading updates for my large Steam library or adding to it all the time I'd be in game A LOT more. I think of ESO were to release an expansion rather early compared to other MMO's I think it's possible people might come back, but they will need to make quite the tank buster of an expansion. I am currently taking an E-Commerce class in college so I know basic stuff about marketing and so forth.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to support ZOS even with all it's issues I am dedicated to the longevity of ESO as a whole.

Give it time. That's how I felt until this week. about 3 weeks until my next 90 day sub kicks in. I seriously doubt I'm going to stick with it.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm officially done.

I got official word from Zos that if you are a VR14 you can group with ANY level players in ANY level scaled instance and loot every boss, but if you are a lower VR you have to group within your own level range AND the dungeon has to be scaled to the same level....or you can't loot a single boss.

And since I can't stand the thought of grinding any more and you can't find a decent lower VR group.....I'm gone.

Unsubscribing now.

rRosN2M.jpg
    Edited by olemanwinter on May 14, 2015 11:50AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got official word from Zos that if you are a VR14 you can group with ANY level players in ANY level scaled instance and loot every boss, but if you are a lower VR you have to group within your own level range AND the dungeon has to be scaled to the same level....or you can't loot a single boss.

And since I can't stand the thought of grinding any more and you can't find a decent lower VR group.....I'm gone.

Unsubscribing now.

Well that sucks sorry bud
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unsubscribing now.

rRosN2M.jpg

So have to be VR14 to be scalded? That sucks. I have a long way to go. Lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OHohoho

So apparently if you say you are no longer going to subscribe, that's a "goodbye" thread.

Ain't that grand. lmao