Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait a second.. Gina says that they plan on INCREASING the cast time for Breath of Life??? It's (supposed to be) an instant-cast ability!! In other words, they can't fix the delay for it, so they're going to just say it was supposed to have a delay all along. Are you flipping kidding me?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a second.. Gina says that they plan on INCREASING the cast time for Breath of Life??? It's (supposed to be) an instant-cast ability!! In other words, they can't fix the delay for it, so they're going to just say it was supposed to have a delay all along. Are you flipping kidding me?

She amended that statement in a different post, I believe. What she meant is they're going to increase the animation speed to make the skill more responsive. Not increase the cast time.
    Wow, sorry guys. That was 100% my fault and just poor (ie: wrong!) wording. What we're planning to do is increase the animation, not the cast time. A faster animation will result in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed.

Edit: Using a phone to post isn't easy...
    Edited by likewow777 on April 16, 2015 11:34PM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

But they didn't list those "many abilities" explicitly, which I can only assume means that "many" is "one". And that "one" is Talons. GUYS I FIGURED IT OUT!!! *whew* That sure did take me a while to deduce.

Phew! That was a close one for DKs. Such an inconvenience for them. I am really glad the devs were able to pound out a hotfix for them - so much better than waiting for a year.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They also need to speed up the blazing shield animation, it also says instant and takes nearly a second to cast O.o how does instant = 1 second???
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, imagine the pain! They can think the Talons didn't appear because the game didn't acknowledge the keypress, and spam the button, thus wasting magicka! That could cause them to lose a fight!

/sarcasm off
    :blush:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Revenant_Spartan
    Revenant_Spartan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not like the missing talon graphic locks them out of their action bar for 12 seconds or more...now THAT would have gotten ZOS' attention.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also need to speed up the blazing shield animation, it also says instant and takes nearly a second to cast O.o how does instant = 1 second???

a lot of that is animation backswing. if under pressure, you can cancle the animation by perofrming a dodge roll (or bash/weapon swap) very shortly after the BS keypress.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

a lot of that is animation backswing. if under pressure, you can cancle the animation by perofrming a dodge roll (or bash/weapon swap) very shortly after the BS keypress.

Jup i nearly allways work with animation cancel for BS and even more important with BoL.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭

Basically they want to be able to forever knock back a single target with this skill like they could before.

Not at all. Melee range in ESO is 5, 7 or 8m (why can't ZOS just pick one and stick with it) and Puncturing Strikes is a melee skill. The last thing I want to do, as a melee build, is knock back my target out of this range using my spamable melee skill and chase after them. Keeping a target in melee range is also important for other skills to work, such as, Sun Shield, Rune Focus, Solar Barrage and all weapon skills.

If we ever do need a knock back, the very next skill in the skill line, Piercing Javelin, provides it. Although, I would prefer an AOE CC skill, or better shields.

Templars don't have an escape like Sorcs or NB, so we are expected to fight it out like DKs. DKs have a lot of skills that allow them to stand and fight - we know what they are - their skills work and are well supported by the devs. Our survival skill set has included our shield (Sun Shield), a damage multiplier (Backlash), Eclipse (I can't think of a category for Eclipse), an AOE CC (Blinding Flashes), quick heals (Rushed Ceremony), and two powerful buffs (Restoring Aura, Rune Focus).

Over our history, Blazing (Sun) Shield and Backlash quickly got capped in returned damage and/or shielding - multiple times. Blinding Flashes was axed. Eclipse became really bugged, Rushed Ceremony is delayed on casting and the Templar must be Magicka-based anyways for the big heal, Restoring Aura is passive only for us unless we go Repentance - leaving us with.. ta da.. Rune Focus as our sole unbugged, uncapped, survival skill.

I know, I know, none of us used Backlash prior to 1.6 due to the cast time except under certain circumstances.

Maybe we need an escape and need to play more like NBs and Sorcs our skill set seems rather... it needs work and a focus. I don't think ZOS has any direction for for our class. Why give us a ranged execute when most of our premier skills (by premiere I mean ones getting most of the nerfs) are melee range - to help healers do damage; why not put the skill under Restoring Light? Why remove the limited synergy we had with our Restoring Light passives and all healing? What good is Enduring Rays when used with damaging skills like Backlash and Radiant Destruction with their hard limits on damage or time?
    hamon wrote: »
    CLASS changes

• changed the name templar to free AP dispenser, this is to avoid confusion at character creation.

I prefer "Practice Dummy".

You're so *** right!
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, any chance of an update on fixes?
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    anyone remember why Blazing Shield was nerfed?

At 20k HP it gives 5k shield and 2.5kdmg max in cyrodiil at very high manacosts...

it is so weak , this is why it is mostly used by mana templars, they can spam it, for stamina it is to expensive or for this price its to useless...

My suggestion would be to make this grant shield on 30% manabased and the morphs both to Blazing Shield but one based on mana and the other based on stamina.

At 25k Mana/Stamina it gives 7.5k shield and 3.75 k dmg max in cyrodiil at very high manacosts or staminacost.

sound usefull again and would give stamina-users a little buff also.

greets
    Edited by Rhakon on April 17, 2015 9:17PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Fixes will be implemented with the next major update.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Source?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one with Imperial city? ;)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhakon wrote: »

At 20k HP it gives 5k shield and 2.5kdmg max in cyrodiil at very high manacosts...

it is so weak , this is why it is mostly used by mana templars, they can spam it, for stamina it is to expensive or for this price its to useless...

My suggestion would be to make this grant shield on 30% manabased and the morphs both to Blazing Shield but one based on mana and the other based on stamina.

At 25k Mana/Stamina it gives 7.5k shield and 3.75 k dmg max in cyrodiil at very high manacosts or staminacost.

greets

I would be okay with this as long as Blazing Shield remains the magicka morph.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Source?

thats what they always say, they are not in a rush, i mean still time till console comes. they dun are about PC players ;)
    I know that this is not about temp skills, but you will certainly get the same answer once they answer.
    Thanks for your patience, folks. We have some answers to both questions below. It's worth mentioning that these answers are straight from the combat team, headed up by Eric Wrobel.
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I have two questions that I would really appreciate an answer to.

1. Is Nirnhorned armor working as intended? As it is on live, a few pieces of Nirnhorned easily brings you up to the hard cap on spell resist even in Light Armor. Each piece of Nirnhorned is increasing total spell resist by the listed percentage. It is working as the Nirnhorned tooltip states, but I was wondering if you could provide a bit of clarity if this is indeed the intended mechanic.

Currently, Nirnhoned is more effective than intended. We’ll be adjusting how this works so it's not quite as powerful. This change is currently slated to go into the next major update.
    2. Has there been any further discussion on the Alliance Rank needed to obtain the Vigor skill? The last quote I heard from ZOS on this issue was that they want Alliance Ranks to be a long process to achieve but I feel that putting such a game changing skill at Rank 10 is a bit too much. I could personally accept it at Rank 10 if Alliance Rank was account wide, but as it is currently, none of my alts have any hope of ever reaching Vigor. My main is only Alliance Rank 8, and I spend a vast majority of my time in PVP and have been playing since the first day of early access. I am fairly casual, but just for reference, I gain on average around 1 CP a day (I keep up with enlightenment totals basically).

Yes, there has been further discussion and plans for change are in progress. We plan to move Vigor and Guard to Alliance Rank 5, also in the next major update.

Edited by Alcast on April 17, 2015 10:44PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That next major update they keep saying is coming after June(console release). Don't expect anything until then.
    Figures...make a set of armor today and the nerf it a week later heh

Sorry to hear that. :( For what it's worth the next major update won't be until after console launch in June.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Rhakon wrote: »

greets

I would be okay with this as long as Blazing Shield remains the magicka morph.

Blazing shield should the for both morphs, one for stamina one for magica.

the second morph now is useless.

Edited by Rhakon on April 18, 2015 1:09AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Sure! We do actually have a few Templar fixes tentatively going into Monday's patch. The first is for Focused Charge and not being able to use other abilities for a few seconds after casting that ability, and also the FX getting stuck on you. We're also trying to get the fix for Eclipse triggering your GCD each time it reflected another ability. We're still waiting for verification that these are fixed and good to go for 2.0.6, but things are looking good so far. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

Sure! We do actually have a few Templar fixes tentatively going into Monday's patch. The first is for Focused Charge and not being able to use other abilities for a few seconds after casting that ability, and also the FX getting stuck on you. We're also trying to get the fix for Eclipse triggering your GCD each time it reflected another ability. We're still waiting for verification that these are fixed and good to go for 2.0.6, but things are looking good so far. :)

That's amazing news Gina! Thanks for the update!

Not to bring down the tone, but I did notice the phrase "triggering your GCD". Kinda makes it seem like Templars have a special GCD that other classes don't..... :neutral: I KNEW IT!

^ Just kidding. Seriously, though, awesome news, and I look forward to using the fixes that make it into the patch. :smile:
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

If your QA team needs help verifying these fixes. I can connect remotely and join the QA team in testing. I'd only ask for the very basic of pay :D
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers Gina.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Source?

thats what they always say, they are not in a rush, i mean still time till console comes. they dun are about PC players ;)
    I know that this is not about temp skills, but you will certainly get the same answer once they answer.
    Thanks for your patience, folks. We have some answers to both questions below. It's worth mentioning that these answers are straight from the combat team, headed up by Eric Wrobel.
    I have two questions that I would really appreciate an answer to.

1. Is Nirnhorned armor working as intended? As it is on live, a few pieces of Nirnhorned easily brings you up to the hard cap on spell resist even in Light Armor. Each piece of Nirnhorned is increasing total spell resist by the listed percentage. It is working as the Nirnhorned tooltip states, but I was wondering if you could provide a bit of clarity if this is indeed the intended mechanic.

Currently, Nirnhoned is more effective than intended. We’ll be adjusting how this works so it's not quite as powerful. This change is currently slated to go into the next major update.
    2. Has there been any further discussion on the Alliance Rank needed to obtain the Vigor skill? The last quote I heard from ZOS on this issue was that they want Alliance Ranks to be a long process to achieve but I feel that putting such a game changing skill at Rank 10 is a bit too much. I could personally accept it at Rank 10 if Alliance Rank was account wide, but as it is currently, none of my alts have any hope of ever reaching Vigor. My main is only Alliance Rank 8, and I spend a vast majority of my time in PVP and have been playing since the first day of early access. I am fairly casual, but just for reference, I gain on average around 1 CP a day (I keep up with enlightenment totals basically).

Yes, there has been further discussion and plans for change are in progress. We plan to move Vigor and Guard to Alliance Rank 5, also in the next major update.

So they planning to "fix" nirnhoned armor... I expecting huge resist drop from my current 52k.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you planning to increase Rushed Ceremony animation speed on monday update?
    And i must ask when will we see those items in crown store http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1737170#Comment_1737170 ? I ready to forget about bugged skills just give me High Ordinator costume
    Edited by Cinbri on April 18, 2015 8:30AM
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭

Good to know. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    QQing is a full time job
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that would be awesome. Hope the eclipse fix makes it but being able to have my charge work without a ridiculous cool down and the chance of unbreakable self stun is a good start.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »
    Not to bring down the tone, but I did notice the phrase "triggering your GCD". Kinda makes it seem like Templars have a special GCD that other classes don't..... :neutral: I KNEW IT!

^ Just kidding. Seriously, though, awesome news, and I look forward to using the fixes that make it into the patch. :smile:
    Yes, and every Templar ability they make uses an init method with a deeply buried Cool-up to bump up the cast time. That is why these anti-bot features are so hard to squash. Animations have to be a set length or longer (was 1.3 sec) for fear of what might look like lag but is really wait time.
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭

I love you guys :smiley: thank you very much for the update
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina responding to this thread makes her the sexiest ZoS employee in my book <3
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's wait and see if the fixes actually fix anything and what hidden nerfs come with them before praising ZOS.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is up with our passives?

I hate to say it but I have started to level the other classes. Previously, I had never advanced farther the starter islands with any class other than Templar. I reached level 8 with a sorc and really starting to an inequity when it comes to universal (non-tree) dependent passives. Holy crap - Unholy Knowledge and Power Stone completely trump Restoring Spirit and are available a helluva lot sooner than level 39 and 50 in a skill tree. Sure the combination costs twice as much as Balanced Warrior, but a 15% cost reduction in ultimates vs. our 4%, especially with the cost of Nova.
    Let's wait and see if the fixes actually fix anything and what hidden nerfs come with them before praising ZOS.

Agreed. Heard it all before.