The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOuld be nice if they actually detailed what was fixed... I abhor the ninja fixes they put in place.
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try using the unmorphed version of the templar charge, works fine for me... got stuck one time with the unmorphed version in 12 hours of gameplay...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Atreust
    Atreust
    ✭✭
    From today's patch notes:

Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Eclipse: Fixed an issue where this ability would trigger your global cooldowns every time it reflected another ability.

It's a start at least.
  • Silver77s
    Silver77s
    Soul Shriven
    Atreust wrote: »

Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Eclipse: Fixed an issue where this ability would trigger your global cooldowns every time it reflected another ability.

It's a start at least.

It's more than a start, I'd say. It's a shame it took so long for Focused Charge to be patched, but both of the bugs that were fixed made those skills absolutely useless. While the other proposed changes are necessary and welcome, none of them have had the same impact on our performance as these two.

Thanks, ZOS, for the fixes!
  • Avezack
    Avezack
    ✭✭
    Silver77s wrote: »
    Atreust wrote: »

Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Dawn’s Wrath

It's a start at least.

It's more than a start, I'd say. It's a shame it took so long for Focused Charge to be patched, but both of the bugs that were fixed made those skills absolutely useless. While the other proposed changes are necessary and welcome, none of them have had the same impact on our performance as these two.

Thx!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Atreust
    Atreust
    ✭✭
    Silver77s wrote: »

Definitely true, I appreciate them getting these two issues fixed for us. I just hope they continue this new trend of not neglecting Templars :)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My patch will be only tomorrow to actually test those fixes. Hope it really working now.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traveling for work again this week so hope to hear how others find the fixes and whether they are working now or not.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as this is the thread that got the promises made for fixes, can people post their updates here on if those included in 2.0.6 work or not?
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the "no longer get the effects stuck on you" part of the charge fix still happens, but they did mostly fix the GCD on the charge. In that the GCD is very short and consistently the same without varying in length.

The fix to eclipse is working too, and I have had no problems with it. Which is good news for Cyrodiil especially with all the Sorcerers there now.
    Edited by danno8 on April 21, 2015 12:23AM
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. The early consensus seems to be mixed. Some people report Charge is still bugged, others report that it's fixed:

Fixed:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166401/templar-toppeling-charge-2-0-6#latest

Bugged:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166376/templar-fixes#latest

It's still early, though. I am glad to hear that Eclipse is working. :smile:
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well like I said in that post I haven't tried it in PvP or even under any PvE lag conditions which may contribute as to why some may have had some problems still.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »
    Interesting. The early consensus seems to be mixed. Some people report Charge is still bugged, others report that it's fixed:

Fixed:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166401/templar-toppeling-charge-2-0-6#latest

Bugged:
    [...]

I haven't tested it myself yet. But if only one user still experiences this bug, it can't be really fixed, obviously. Even though it might be 'better' now.
    Edited by Arkadius on April 21, 2015 12:39AM
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    likewow777 wrote: »

Fixed:

Bugged:
    [...]

I haven't tested it myself yet. But if only one user still experiences this bug, it can't be really fixed, obviously. Even though it might be 'better' now.

I've tested both Focused Charged and Eclipse in PvE, no PvP yet, and I've yet to experience any issues.

Focused Charged seems smoother, somehow, which is nice. The GCD either is gone or is incredibly short. I haven't used it in a long time, about a year, so I don't know if it always did this, but I like that doing a Charge and then popping Blazing Shield will animation cancel BS. I'm going to keep testing and then see if the morphs also work properly.

Eclipse works now. It's just the base skill, haven't tested morphs, but casting it doesn't affect my skill bars. Awesome! Now I need to level it up as fast as I can :smile:

Edit: The more I use Focused Charge, the more the phrase "Now that's more like it" comes to mind. I don't think it's fully there, though. When using it rapidly, some of the animations seem to struggle, or there's a delay before it registers. That said, I'm chaining like 4-5 of these in a row, which isn't how I'd normally use it anyway. Overall, a great improvement.

Still haven't gotten the animation stuck bug.
    Edited by likewow777 on April 21, 2015 2:03AM
  • mwsacto_ESO
    mwsacto_ESO
    ✭✭
    Explosive charge stuck me in animation. 3x tonight. Not fixed for me.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, any chance of an update on fixes?

Sure! We do actually have a few Templar fixes tentatively going into Monday's patch. The first is for Focused Charge and not being able to use other abilities for a few seconds after casting that ability, and also the FX getting stuck on you. We're also trying to get the fix for Eclipse triggering your GCD each time it reflected another ability. We're still waiting for verification that these are fixed and good to go for 2.0.6, but things are looking good so far. :)

I would like to provide you with some verification that toppling charge is not fixed. Things are not looking good so far...

It bugged out for within 15 minutes of logging on and playing in cyrodil after the patch.

The delay after using the skill and reaching the target is still present and seems longer than it was yesterday.

I use this skill daily in my pvp build. This patched changed nothing in it's behavior at all for me. Was anything even patched with this skill. I know this has happened in the past.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction also goes through mist form unmitigated which is a bug too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9Z0lJuCPo
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Suntzu1414
    a believe the above video was posted in another thread.

I've tested Total Dark (Elipse Morp).
    There still appears to be GCD... :(

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't test charge but Total Dark now works fine at least for me. However there is ninja nerf of reflecting projectiles in 1.6 - if you see projectile and cast eclipse on caster, projectile won't be reflected and will hit you. Only those projectiles will be reflected, that casted after caster was eclipsed (due to new mechanic of immediately reflect after hiting dark sphere instead of flying to target and then back to caster). Anyway i believe skill will be usefull in cyro. Will see about charge.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focused charge seems to be without the cooldown, there is a slight delay due to the animation but its a massive improvement and eclipse is working like a charm.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Didn't test charge but Total Dark now works fine at least for me. However there is ninja nerf of reflecting projectiles in 1.6 - if you see projectile and cast eclipse on caster, projectile won't be reflected and will hit you. Only those projectiles will be reflected, that casted after caster was eclipsed (due to new mechanic of immediately reflect after hiting dark sphere instead of flying to target and then back to caster). Anyway i believe skill will be usefull in cyro. Will see about charge.

Not sure if it is the lag that causes it that the skill is not reflected. But I noticed that too, When you cast it too late it still will hit you, but I am not sure if its bc of the lag or bc ZOS nerfed/broke the reflecting skills.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dawn's Wrath tree passives are so underwhelming...
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Not sure if it is the lag that causes it that the skill is not reflected. But I noticed that too, When you cast it too late it still will hit you, but I am not sure if its bc of the lag or bc ZOS nerfed/broke the reflecting skills.

I believe it is intended change. Worked same since pts. I mean before 1.6 it looks unreasonable - projectile flew to you despite dark sphere round caster, now projectile hits sphere and return immediately.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 21, 2015 10:14AM
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Templar

Aedric Spear
    Dawn’s Wrath

I'll be testing it all day and the days after that, but right now : /dance

Thank you for these first fixes, we can only hope for more, but if Focused Charge actually stop bugging all day then it will already be great, we could stop depending on a stamina based charge that costs my life many time, AND stop dying when we tried to use Focused Charge for some silly reasons and got stucked in the animation ^^'

It has been bugged for so long...

Keep up the good work !
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I was so happy about the changes.... Finally something happening for temps (apart from nerfs)
    then second charge...stuck in animation.
    cmon thats hard ZOS.
    I even think the GCD didnt change at all.
    Really? so long waiting and then ...
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Focused charge after Patch v2.06
    Toppling Cardge IV still (after Patch v2.0.6) randomly get me stuck in animation for roughly 10-15 seconds. It happened on first use against sorc in pvp. after that worked 30 times in a row. So unsure if fixed yet.
    There still seem to be a global cool down associated with the skill. DId't that young pvp developer wrobel something say it was gonna be fixed in some ESO Live episode?

Remove global cool down from the skill (feels like roughly 0,5-0.75 seconds) please, It feels weird being studded with my own skill having to wait before use another skill. If you cannot fix it, revamp skill, because in current state Its almost useless.

Shielded Assault from 1h+S does not apply a global Cooldown, and apart from that skill give a ward + little less dmg. It does not apply global cool down. I see not why Templar Gap closer should have one, when i don't have one on 1h+S line.

1: So Either, Nerf Shield charge add same global cooldown as templar skill have (So its same for all classes not just templar skills)
    2: Remove the global cool down from Focused charge and its morphs
    3: Redo skill completly

• Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Toppling Charge is still bugged, got stuck in the animation... false hopes are the worst... :'(
    Edited by Arezius on April 21, 2015 6:53PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I was wondering about this. I hear a lot of DKs complaining their scales don't work anymore - even though it only reflects four times now.

So if a slow moving projectile is in the air and you cast scales (or eclipse) it will still hit you?????? This is a HUGE change to gameplay mechanics. Why the hell is stuff like this silent. Changing game mechanics that have a huge impact on the game without notifying us is borderline cruel.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys..... getting stuck in the animation isn't a templar specific problem but a bug with charges in general, what most of us were bitchin about was the 2 second cooldown AFTER you hit with focused charge and that's what the fix was for.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow. I was wondering about this. I hear a lot of DKs complaining their scales don't work anymore - even though it only reflects four times now.

So if a slow moving projectile is in the air and you cast scales (or eclipse) it will still hit you?????? This is a HUGE change to gameplay mechanics. Why the hell is stuff like this silent. Changing game mechanics that have a huge impact on the game without notifying us is borderline cruel.

No, wings can reflect mid-fly projectiles. However eclipse-scales mechanic was changed=now if you cast eclipse on dk and he cast scales vs projectiles, you will see reflect of proj. however it won't deal damage to caster nor to dk.
    And about charge - there is still gcd rooted to animation. In the end of charge templar is jumping so until you will land on your feet you won't be able to do anything. Plus seems to prevent stacking zos enabled your skillbar while charging, it made charge more responsive and more effective now to chase sorcs, however it didn't helped against stucking, and yes i stucked in 3rd cast and only pots helped.