The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Breath of Life Nerf?

Rook_Master
Rook_Master
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT2(May 21): Zenimax announced they will not be fixing the animation time, because the ability is "powerful."

EDIT: DISREGARD MY POST

Gina has responded, and her original phrasing was simply worded strangely, and they are actually just planning on speeding up the animation for Breath of Life.

Move Along.

This is a quote from Gina that includes a statement on a possible change to Breath of Life. It can be found at this link:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1706625/#Comment_1706625
As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!
  • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.

Can we get some clarification as to whether a cast timer is actually under consideration for this skill? Because if that is true it will kill Templar healers.

We all groaned when Restoring Light passives were nerfed to not work with Resto Staff, but we begrudgingly accepted it. However, I think people can agree we have to draw the line at this. This would change the game in its current state entirely, and deserves more than a passing mention.

If this is some misguided attempt to equalize all the classes with regards to the Healing role, then it is executed poorly. None of the Templar's healing abilities would ever be a better choice than Healing Springs. Arguably, Sorcerers would instantly become the #1 healers because of their class passives.

Most Templars are willing to accept sub-par Magicka DPS because they are the best healers. If that is no longer the case, it becomes unacceptable.

So please, for everyone's sanity can Zenimax please address this issue?

Thank You,
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    I, too, am hoping that this was simply worded oddly.

That's my bread and butter!

jcUH5SM.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarification would be fantastic. This has many Templars shaking with fear.

Please clarify. As well, if you actually meant you will be adding a cast time, pleas rethink this decision!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just saying, this would be it, this would be it to ruin PvE in it's current state. It'll be over guys
    #MOREORBS
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That change is supposed to help something? Trolololol
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be the sorcerer the best healer, it will be NB and DK. But it's not the subject.

I'm not a templar (my templar is level 22 actually), but as I sorc I know how a cast time can properly kill a competence. I think adding a cast time to breath of life is a very, very bad idea.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to be reading that wrong? The solution to the lag at the begining of a skill is to put a cast time on it, so the Actual problem is just hidden?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to be reading that wrong? The solution to the lag at the begining of a skill is to put a cast time on it, so the Actual problem is just hidden?
    Shhhhhh
    #MOREORBS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Wow, sorry guys. That was 100% my fault and just poor (ie: wrong!) wording. What we're planning to do is increase the animation, not the cast time. A faster animation will result in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, sorry guys. That was 100% my fault and just poor (ie: wrong!) wording. What we're planning to do is increase the animation, not the cast time. A faster animation will result in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno i think i like you
    #MOREORBS
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Gina saves the day!
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank You Gina!

I will edit my OP now.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭

Heart attack averted. Thank you :)
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheew good thanks for the update.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whew!
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woot!
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phew.
    Phew.gif
    Edited by Huntler on April 8, 2015 6:11PM
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you take a look to healing ritual maybe?...I think the cast time should be removed and adjust the healing accordingly.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did I miss?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Excuse me while I put skill points back into the Gina Fanboi passive...
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    4PT6v3PQKG6Yg.gif
    Edited by Quintal on April 8, 2015 6:23PM
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLARS! We must unite in these rocky times! We must come together...

*reads*

*slowly sets down pitchfork and tears well up in eyes*

Thank you Gina. You are amazing.

April fools was awhile ago though.. you shouldn't worry us like this lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Confirmed: Lag issue has spread to April Fools, all hope is lost.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for the information on that spell. It had almost become as bad as Healing Ritual....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Phew.
    Phew.gif

+1 :smile:
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Gina's update today clarifies that after taking a look at the problem, it is not after all a bug, and nothing is going to be changed. Templars are simply supposed to be 'just slower... by design':

'Rushed Ceremony has a noticeable animation delay. The launch frame of this ability is just slower than some of the other abilities by design. Since Rushed Ceremony is already very powerful, we’re ok with the fact that part of the skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage.'
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

*reads*

@MissBizz , about that pitchfork..
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So, Gina's update today clarifies that after taking a look at the problem, it is not after all a bug, and nothing is going to be changed. Templars are simply supposed to be 'just slower... by design':

'Rushed Ceremony has a noticeable animation delay. The launch frame of this ability is just slower than some of the other abilities by design. Since Rushed Ceremony is already very powerful, we’re ok with the fact that part of the skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage.'

Every Templar's reaction to this:

game-of-thrones-cersei-eyeroll.gif

Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »

*reads*

@MissBizz , about that pitchfork..

Oh sorry, had them locked up. *unlocks barns* Go grab one!

But wait... hopefully Gina saves us again this time? Please?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times has a bug been automagically turned into a "feature" after it gets "looked at" and determined it can't be fixed easily?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Are you actually admitting to balancing the game with bugs?!?!?!?!?

"Meh, that one's a tricky one to fix. We could actually fix it but that would take a lot of effort and time. Let's just say it was intended! That's a powerful heal anyway, they can deal with a little delay. "

Here's the fatal flaw with pretending it was intended the whole time: IT WASN'T LIKE THAT IN 1.5!!!!! So if we were to suspend all common sense and disbelief for a second, then it was an intended nerf to templars in 1.6. And a ninja nerf, (the worst kind of nerf), at that. Or Templar is the only class that is balanced by bugs and broken abilities. Pick one.

Since the ability in action no longer matches the tooltip description, please make the following changes to the tooltip for Rushed Ceremony.
    • Please change the name of this ability to "Lethargic Ceremony" since my character obviously isn't in any sort of rush.
    • Please change the cast time from "instant" to the actual cast time. Put this in miliseconds or fractional seconds if needed.
    • Please include all future nerfs to templar clearly in patch notes. Ninja nerfs are very frustrating and hurtful the the community. That and bugged abilities (cough...charge...cough) make me not want to log in and YOLO things anymore. It's that simple.