Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

• Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

How about some voice chat for PC?
    Anything in the works?

It's one thing for guilds to use third party software such as TS or Ventrilo, but it becomes a whole new ball-game when you want to interact with the public and those random groups. Team up with TeamSpeak and make an in-game module or "Official" TS Addon?
    Vehemence
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChampionSheWolf
    Can you link where. I read that as keyboard on console was chat only

Amazes me that typing in controller in ESOUI's search box yielded these results;

First is Xpadder which lets you actually config an XBox controller on the PC, if I am reading this right.

Second is ActiveControlelrUI though according to the mod author, Zeni has removed the code to allow it to work. So try it and see if it works.

For the life of me, can't figure out why someone would downgrade their UI into a clunky mess like this, but whatever. To each their own. And no, it's not even efficient for controller use.

UI preference for anyone depends on comfort. I'm using a fully customized pinnacle profile set up allows me Play better n easier using a controller over keyboard and mouse. I feel that people who use add-ons also have a similar or different hardware. I feel that people who use add-ons also have a similar preference for different hardware

This is just an attempt to simulate what will be my reality in less than 60 days
    I been using a controller since November 2013 to play this game
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be a console beta by chance or am I in the wrong thread to ask that?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthven wrote: »

Already happening, actually. Never saw the invite to sign up, myself, but I would love to see what it's like. I got to beta the PC version, and am interested to see how it handles and plays. I do most of the beta testing in my group of friends, so there's a lot of movement on what's good or bad.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Already happening, actually. Never saw the invite to sign up, myself, but I would love to see what it's like. I got to beta the PC version, and am interested to see how it handles and plays. I do most of the beta testing in my group of friends, so there's a lot of movement on what's good or bad.

Dammit. I was hoping there was still a chance to get into the PS4 beta. :(
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthven wrote: »

see my quote...the link

The console BETA sign up period occurred last year.
    The BETA should start between next week and Jun 1 exact dates and times have yet to be confirmed by ZOS...

BETA invitations have not gone out yet. BETA questionnaire emails to all who signed up did go out.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 17, 2015 7:55PM
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to provide an update on keyboard support for the console version of ESOTU. Unfortunately, the message I posted in this thread yesterday was based on our development plans from earlier in the year, which included keyboard support for chat. However, keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting. Mouse support is not planned for the console version of ESOTU.

As things change in development, we definitely try our best to stay on top of those changes to keep you in the loop, but we know that misinformation can be frustrating. Again, we apologize for the confusion.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad keyboard and mouse support won't be included for chatting or control. It would give other players a leg up in pvp over those who choose to stick with a controller, same with in-game chat as well.

Best to keep everyone on the same level, IMO.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to provide an update on keyboard support for the console version of ESOTU. Unfortunately, the message I posted in this thread yesterday was based on our development plans from earlier in the year, which included keyboard support for chat. However, keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting. Mouse support is not planned for the console version of ESOTU.

As things change in development, we definitely try our best to stay on top of those changes to keep you in the loop, but we know that misinformation can be frustrating. Again, we apologize for the confusion.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ..... How on earth will non voice chatters communicate then? This is the worst news I've heard in a long time, and I just migth cancel my preorder if this doesn't change. This is unacceptable.

It's an MMO, the PC version allows it, Neverwinter Xbox One allows it, why on earth would a much bigger name game series NOT allow it? I will have absolutely NO method of communicating in a freaking MMO now.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 17, 2015 10:30PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey you may want to make sure the appropriate person updates the support article on this then.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26768/kw/console keyboard
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ..... How on earth will non voice chatters communicate then? This is the worst news I've heard in a long time, and I just migth cancel my preorder if this doesn't change. This is unacceptable.

It's an MMO, the PC version allows it, Neverwinter Xbox One allows it, why on earth would a much bigger name game series NOT allow it?

They've already made their decision. I wonder if there will be a text chat at all? Maybe with some kind of onscreen keyboard then?
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey

It's an MMO, the PC version allows it, Neverwinter Xbox One allows it, why on earth would a much bigger name game series NOT allow it?

They've already made their decision. I wonder if there will be a text chat at all? Maybe with some kind of onscreen keyboard then?

"They've already made their decision" - You mean like how they said they'd never change off a subscription only model?
    Seriously, I would at least like to hear their reasoning behind this.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey can you expand on that and tell us why there has been this large change in in game communication?

The reasons why I think this is a bad idea is that with no Auction House no type chat for zones severely limits players ability to sell items outside of a guild which then places more pressure on guilds to get guild stores.

It also makes Alliance coordination impossible in PvP. How do different guild raids organise multiple planned attacks in different say distances from each other or how do people tell others that a keep is under attack or a force is moving somewhere without a zone wide Alliance type chat? This alone really makes this decision a clunker in my book, we need type chat to remain.
    Edited by Curragraigue on April 17, 2015 11:34PM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey

"They've already made their decision" - You mean like how they said they'd never change off a subscription only model?
    Seriously, I would at least like to hear their reasoning behind this.

Just saying this doesn't sound like it would change in the near future (or even before console release):
    [...]
    However, keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game.
    [...]

• Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even own a console of ANY type for gaming (PC only) and I think this decision is a very very bad idea...

Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting.

I'm guessing this is one of your methods to combat gold sellers and spammers? Because I can't imagine what other purpose this restriction serves...

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about whispering/sending messages to other players?
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the UI and immediately paid 20$ for transfer just in case I decide to give it a try because it does look sweet. I wonder if the PvP will be all in 1st person.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

I hate voice chat. After breaking three $100+ headphones in a row I gave up on them. I'm a large guy with a large head. I don't live alone, and my significant other has no interest in hearing my group's chatter while running dungeons. Without keyboard input my only option is to not communicate with other players. And you're instantly cutting out most of your RP community. How many people do you think are going to want to RP over voice chat?

I gave in and paid the $20 for an account copy to console yesterday after seeing that keyboards would be allowed for chat. I feel very cheated today. I quite literally can't see the point in investing my time in an MMO if I'm going to be in solitary confinement while playing. I'm certainly not paying for a sub for it, as I do now on PC.

*edit* @ZOS_TristanK, you locked the thread about lack of keyboard support for chat on consoles to redirect to a thread about PS4 UI overall? A thread where the OP shows as "banned" so no new info can be added to the title or first post? Had your update been posted here I never would have seen it. Way to get the info to the players...
    Edited by Xithian on April 18, 2015 12:37AM
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind. I'll wait for a playable form of the console version (beta if I get invited) before continueing.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 19, 2015 6:49AM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I hate voice chat. After breaking three $100+ headphones in a row I gave up on them. I'm a large guy with a large head. I don't live alone, and my significant other has no interest in hearing my group's chatter while running dungeons. Without keyboard input my only option is to not communicate with other players. And you're instantly cutting out most of your RP community. How many people do you think are going to want to RP over voice chat?

I gave in and paid the $20 for an account copy to console yesterday after seeing that keyboards would be allowed for chat. I feel very cheated today. I quite literally can't see the point in investing my time in an MMO if I'm going to be in solitary confinement while playing. I'm certainly not paying for a sub for it, as I do now on PC.

*edit* @ZOS_TristanK, you locked the thread about lack of keyboard support for chat on consoles to redirect to a thread about PS4 UI overall? A thread where the OP shows as "banned" so no new info can be added to the title or first post? Had your update been posted here I never would have seen it. Way to get the info to the players...

Don't worry, if it is something they want you to know they will spam it across your screen in several languages.
  • Olympios
    Olympios
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Thanks for the update, but without keyboard support for chat, it is really hard to communicate within a very large guild, especially for large scale AvA.

Can you communicate with the development team for us and see if it is possible to support keyboard chat in the future?
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, if it is something they want you to know they will spam it across your screen in several languages.

ml34LyH.png

Oh, the irony...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Thanks for the update, but without keyboard support for chat, it is really hard to communicate within a very large guild, especially for large scale AvA.

Can you communicate with the development team for us and see if it is possible to support keyboard chat in the future?

Respectfully....guild chat....zone chat...party chat...trade chat....
    The PC supports all of this via text

My point of view is this....i can see both sides of the coin BUT, this version of the game is for a different audience.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey

My point of view is this....i can see both sides of the coin BUT, this version of the game is for a different audience.

An audience where the average user (as I've observed, anyhow) doesn't exist in 300 man guilds, but 3-8 man friends groups. Or if we're in a larger guild, it's based on some third-party social networking site that we surf on our smartphone or tablet as we play.

Trade will happen almost entirely through NPC merchants or an auction house if it happens. Chat will be slow, through party invites and maybe a few emotes if they are easy to access. Interactions with others are brief, simple, and largely resemble two mimes dancing or jumping to convey emotion.

Again, if something more needs to be said ... we'll probably say it on our smarthphone through reddit.

That's just how it works on consoles.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@ZOS_JasonLeavey

An audience where the average user (as I've observed, anyhow) doesn't exist in 300 man guilds, but 3-8 man friends groups. Or if we're in a larger guild, it's based on some third-party social networking site that we surf on our smartphone or tablet as we play.

Trade will happen almost entirely through NPC merchants or an auction house if it happens. Chat will be slow, through party invites and maybe a few emotes if they are easy to access. Interactions with others are brief, simple, and largely resemble two mimes dancing or jumping to convey emotion.

Again, if something more needs to be said ... we'll probably say it on our smarthphone through reddit.

That's just how it works on consoles.

But we don't know any details about this stuff other than PC doesn't carry over to console
    It could be completely different situation on console.
    They could have a guild chat built into the UI that works better than the xbox one party chat or game chat in other games.
    Filters and such.

I personally play on PC with zone chat "OFF" because I'm annoyed by all the crap in zone chat. I turn it on, only from time to time or if i'm in a seemingly empty zone where ppl tend to just ask in game questions.
    This will be a HUGE breath of fresh air for some gamers who may align with my state of mind. Again, I completely see where you're coming from and its not wrong or odd, BUT I believe this is the right move.

When text chat is available people end up typing more than playing which is why...in my experience....MMORPG's take so long for group content.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 18, 2015 2:08AM
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know of any safeguards with regards to CP's and rolling alts on transfered accounts? I'm a PC player but I really want to see the console go well.
    To illustrate:
    Player A transfers account. Player A has a v14 character, a few others, and 160 CPs. Two days in player A has decided "hey new platform so i think i should make a start fresh character- this new alt now has access to 160CPs. This I think could be an issue.

While CP growth with relation to rolling an alt will eventually be a problem on PC Im worried it can show up right away on consoles. Players way out ahead, by no fault of their own, can walk in cyro and be statistically superior to all the new console players (true new not transfers) I imagine this leaving an extremely bitter taste in some players mouths as they try to figure out 'hey nothing I do can combat this dude' then realizes 'o its a pc transfer'

edit to clarify CP refers to champ points
    Edited by jcasini222ub17_ESO on April 18, 2015 2:15AM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know of any safeguards with regards to CP's and rolling alts on transfered accounts? I'm a PC player but I really want to see the console go well.
    To illustrate:
    Player A transfers account. Player A has a v14 character, a few others, and 160 CPs. Two days in player A has decided "hey new platform so i think i should make a start fresh character- this new alt now has access to 160CPs. This I think could be an issue.

While CP growth with relation to rolling an alt will eventually be a problem on PC Im worried it can show up right away on consoles. Players way out ahead, by no fault of their own, can walk in cyro and be statistically superior to all the new console players (true new not transfers) I imagine this leaving an extremely bitter taste in some players mouths as they try to figure out 'hey nothing I do can combat this dude' then realizes 'o its a pc transfer'

I may be wrong, but I think they clarified that crown points would NOT transfer or be copied.

Items bought in the crown shop will, if you have them in your collections tab or inventory (and not somehow in the bank). But not the points themselves.

XBOX NA

• jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was referring to champ points
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was referring to champ points

So basically what happens is exactly what occurred when Diablo 3 went from last gen to next gen.
    You will have your veteran accounts that will continue to play with their characters as well as new players.

There were players with hundreds of paragon levels and others who were brand new.
    The thing about consoles crowds that different from PC crowd is that people tend to help others on console vs. alienate as they have previous relationships from may other games.

On PC, you always have new accounts, new names, etc. No one really knows anyone so when a new game comes out, everyone meets new people. (With the exceptions of those large guilds that game hop)

On PC there are people like this now that help 45 - VR1 players grind out champion levels just because.
    I don't forsee any issues