The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

• Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

So we cannot use the key board and mouse our ps4 recognizes for combat?
    Why not?
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

So we cannot use the key board and mouse our ps4 recognizes for combat?
    Why not?

@ZOS_JasonLeavey People are not reading the entire thread, please update that original response that Naivefanboi quoted to reflect the truth.

@Naivefanboi - The Console versions do not even support the keyboards for chatting now, much less combat anymore.

EDIT: I reported that original post ZOS_JasonLeavey said, saying it really needs to be deleted or at least corrected, with the reason why. Hopefully someone will fix it.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 18, 2015 9:40PM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    So glad keyboard and mouse support won't be included for chatting or control. It would give other players a leg up in pvp over those who choose to stick with a controller, same with in-game chat as well.

Best to keep everyone on the same level, IMO.

Have fun playing by yourself, im done supporting this companies nonsense. Been playing since closed beta
    100$ collectors edition.
    There is simply no need for this stupidity. If people dont like you controller and have a keyboard/mouse that the system SUPPORTS, why go out of your way to remove a perfectly valid back up plan?
    Have you seen any other mmo on console go cobtroller only?
    Why even bother if its limited support? Think people are going to buy a keyboard juat to name their guild? Logic like that is why game is where it is currently! Lol

And as far as the advantages argument boo hoo welcome to mmo,s btw did you know people can copy their pc account over to console? Oh noes not fair theyre max level already! Doesnt sound like a game for you or me ! Way to alienate your customers
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Respectively PC doesn't come with a controller or headsets so each by design are in-line as is

My PC didn't come w/ a keyboard or mouse either.

...or a monitor for that matter.

/shrug

Ok now you're just being silly. SMH

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    @Zazaaji Deaf people wouldn't play this if typing is necessary to them.

That's great accessibility @NewBlacksmurf . Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Maybe you didn't mean it like that but it sure sounded pretty awful.
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    A person on Reddit just reminded me: What about deaf people? They will have literally no way of communicating with others on the console version without any form of keyboard/text chatting.

How do deaf players play Grand Theft Auto, Destiny, Halo, Diablo 3, or any other multiplayer game already on consoles that include absolutely no keyboard support?

@ruze84b14_ESO

There's a huge difference between those titles and ESO... Does the group finder even work yet? How will anyone group up for a dungeon or trial if it doesn't work?

Players should have equal access to proper functionality fitting their needs regardless of whether or not they have a disability.

Everything is not for everyone nor does any company need to accommodate their product and services for any possibility.
    Specific to any handicap, the product or services are always created for a target audience. In this case ZOS has chosen to accommodate almost everyone by creating product and services on four platforms differently.

The points are this....the availability and accessibility for this particular game fall on particular platforms.
    No one is entitled to any special accommodation but instead they choose if and how they access based on their situation.

People should not have equal or whatever....this idea of entitlement and that the world needs to adapt to "me" is not a healthy mindset.

I play on PC but prefer a controller so I decided to adjust myself to the product accordingly.
    Any handicap or preference will do the same as it pertains to them.

ZOS has already made the acomodations
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 18, 2015 10:04PM
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respectively PC doesn't come with a controller or headsets so each by design are in-line as is

My PC didn't come w/ a keyboard or mouse either.

...or a monitor for that matter.

/shrug

Ok now you're just being silly. SMH

Uh.... Go to Walmart. They sell plenty of PCs without any of those included. It's how I originally got mine.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok on the PC without a mouse and keyboard

Who is using their PC without a mouse and keyboard ?
    You either have a touch screen and some form of a keyboard.

The same with a console. You can buy them without any accessories but you can't use them

Ppl are just arguing to argue
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok on the PC without a mouse and keyboard

Who is using their PC without a mouse and keyboard ?
    You either have a touch screen and some form of a keyboard.

The same with a console. You can buy them without any accessories but you can't use them

Ppl are just arguing to argue

No, I was genuinely confused and thought you didn't think people could buy a PC without any keyboard/monitor/mouse included. I'm sorry if I offended you, I really didn't mean to.
    Edited by Zazaaji on April 18, 2015 11:11PM
  • Trikki
    Trikki
    ✭✭✭
    LOL no communication in an MMO. Why am I not surprised at ZoS doing this?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trikki wrote: »
    LOL no communication in an MMO. Why am I not surprised at ZoS doing this?
    What are you talking about?
  • Aynesworth
    Aynesworth
    Soul Shriven
    How will we be able to find larger Trading Guilds as well as promote Trading Guilds without the use of Text Chat ?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aynesworth wrote: »
    How will we be able to find larger Trading Guilds as well as promote Trading Guilds without the use of Text Chat ?

My prediction will be Reddit, as it has been in other, similar games.

Neverwinter HAS text chat, and an auction house, but most guild conversations, recruitment and event management is occuring on Reddit.

Destny's fansite 'DestinyLFG' is my go-to site for forming pick-up groups for Crota's raid or even some Vault of Glass content.

Essentially, it's a little easier to just use my tablet.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure they've built this into the system somehow or if not...see the comment above

But we will see in June
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 19, 2015 11:03PM
  • Aynesworth
    Aynesworth
    Soul Shriven
    I am curious if there will be in-game Advanced Filters for Trading Guilds which would allow you to easily find & promote such guilds. The size & active members of a Trading Guild is important as it will give you the most exposure for your items. I also wonder if keyboard support will be available for entering currency values for items in guild stores as well as when using the in-game mail system.
  • Aynesworth
    Aynesworth
    Soul Shriven
    Since there isn't Text Chat in ESO for console, I need a better, more detailed explanation of voice chat in this game.

Will there be in-game voice channels?

If so...

How many will there be?
    Will we be able to create custom voice channels?
    How many people can enter into a voice channel?
    Will there be Public, Zone, Guild, Say, Private, Proximity etc Voice Channels?
    Edited by Aynesworth on April 19, 2015 11:45PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there isn't Text Chat in ESO for console, I need a better, more detailed explanation of voice chat in this game.

If so...

How many will there be?

It sounds like yes to some and no to others based on ZOS live.
    I think we became very reliant on text chat in MMO games that's really overkill after playing Neverwinter on XboxOne where people very rarely use in game text chat
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If so...

How many will there be?

On Xbox, Microsoft has dedicated party and game chat channels. Game chat is limited to those in that area, and may be managed separately by ZOS to be your local in-game area, city, or just that zone (I hope they make it the immediate area around you, not too large).

Or the party system, which will be linked to anyone in your party, which can include your in-game group members, or people from other games if you so choose. Party is not linked to group, it's a separate system, but it IS private and allows you to not hear people in game chat or outside. Party chat limit is, I think, either seven or nine players. Haven't tested in a while, but it is NOT infinite.

I am also interested in what mechanics they will put in place for in-game voice. I do NOT want to hear other players in-game, and will petition viciously for an opt out function.

The further I can get away from players complaining, advertising their wares or guilds, or generally spamming useless thoughts, the better.

Hopefully, if they do implement a chat box, I can minimize it entirely or it'll be so small I can't read it from my couch. I love talking to people that I want to talk to. But I learned a long time ago that the things most people are saying in chat channels are of no interest to me.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is Xbox One is releasing some things soon....that's all I can say. Keep in tune with preview announcements for June and July
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is Xbox One is releasing some things soon....that's all I can say. Keep in tune with preview announcements for June and July

I saw about dedicated party servers (which would be awesome). Now I'm really interested.

XBOX NA

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if type chat is being removed will there be any other means of communicating to the entire zone in the console version of the game? What about private type chats will this be able to be done by any other means other than a party chat with the person? What about grouping will we get an in game keyboard to type things like people's account names? What about Alliance coordination without zone type chat is there any plan for some other mechanism to allow this to happen?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if type chat is being removed will there be any other means of communicating to the entire zone in the console version of the game? What about private type chats will this be able to be done by any other means other than a party chat with the person? What about grouping will we get an in game keyboard to type things like people's account names? What about Alliance coordination without zone type chat is there any plan for some other mechanism to allow this to happen?

ZOS confirmed no text to chat but instead voice chat which seems voice chat will replace text chat on console.
    This is just the game, as the console specific fields aren't disabled.

Account names? - you're not using an account name but rather the psn or xboxlive info. The PC is not connected
    All other? - voice chat will replace text entry
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS confirmed no text to chat but instead voice chat which seems voice chat will replace text chat on console.

Account names? - you're not using an account name but rather the psn or xboxlive info. The PC is not connected

If they are including a console specific UI feature that allows an in-game keyboard to appear to enter text it would be nice to have that confirmed if we need to use a peripheral that would be good to know as well. FYI if you are transferring your PC account it is going to be 'connected' to your console account check out your ZOS account there is a new tab to sync your PC account to a console account.

If they have a UI change for console that is going to allow us to communicate with the entire zone instead of type chat again it would be helpful to know what that is going to be. My post was to identify some issues that arise in my mind with the decision to remove type chat as a form of communication from the game. While I think voice chat alone is fine for most things (leaving aside the issue of disability access to the game which I think is an issue) in the game the things I've mentioned are areas that it makes sense to me that type chat be retained, whether that is by the more convenient keyboard that can be attached to a console as a peripheral or by way of an in-game keyboard doesn't matter but we should have something so that we can fully experience the game as intended and as it currently operates on PC.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey can you please provide some more information regarding the bombshell you dropped on Friday evening?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are including a console specific UI feature that allows an in-game keyboard to appear to enter text it would be nice to have that confirmed if we need to use a peripheral that would be good to know as well. FYI if you are transferring your PC account it is going to be 'connected' to your console account check out your ZOS account there is a new tab to sync your PC account to a console account.

If they have a UI change for console that is going to allow us to communicate with the entire zone instead of type chat again it would be helpful to know what that is going to be. My post was to identify some issues that arise in my mind with the decision to remove type chat as a form of communication from the game. While I think voice chat alone is fine for most things (leaving aside the issue of disability access to the game which I think is an issue) in the game the things I've mentioned are areas that it makes sense to me that type chat be retained, whether that is by the more convenient keyboard that can be attached to a console as a peripheral or by way of an in-game keyboard doesn't matter but we should have something so that we can fully experience the game as intended and as it currently operates on PC.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey can you please provide some more information regarding the bombshell you dropped on Friday evening?

They already replied no to any form of keyboard text to chat or keyboard to play.
    I think many have asked but yet no details.
    It's probably best to see a current ingame video session showing chat capabilities as of today but good questions
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 20, 2015 11:51AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing the keyboard can / will be used for on consoles is to enter text in certain fields, like naming guilds.

As I said before ZOS replied to me w/ misinformation:

One step forward, two steps back.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing the keyboard can / will be used for on consoles is to enter text in certain fields, like naming guilds.

Check this out....
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26768/kw/Console

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this out....

And that is supposed to tell me what, exactly? The entire blurb doesn't say anything at all except "you can't use it for chatting or gameplay.

I'm going off of what ZOS has said in this thread already, which may also turn out to be misinformation in the end. Who knows.
    keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting. Mouse support is not planned for the console version of ESOTU.

But it's nice that they updated the FAQ AFTER their faux pas and @MissBizz had to bring it to their attention to do so, I guess.

I mean, it's updated on the exact same date and everything.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this out....

And that is supposed to tell me what, exactly? The entire blurb doesn't say anything at all except "you can't use it for chatting or gameplay.

I'm going off of what ZOS has said in this thread already, which may also turn out to be misinformation in the end. Who knows.
    keyboard support for chat is not something that will be available for the console version of the game. You will be able to use a keyboard for text entry in areas such as guild naming, etc., but not for chatting. Mouse support is not planned for the console version of ESOTU.

But it's nice that they updated the FAQ AFTER their faux pas and @MissBizz had to bring it to their attention to do so, I guess.

Just looking at the careful language (keeping us in the dark)
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this out....

Just looking at the careful language (keeping us in the dark)

Ahh, yes, it's basically double talk. : P
  • Nerio
    Nerio
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    PKMN12 wrote:

It is not up to the MMO devs whether the Servers are seperate a lot of the time. PArt if it comes from balance, in a lot of games, using a Keyboard and mouse gives you an automatically, superior advantage to someone who is using a controller. Also, it is up to the console devs whether they want to allow cross platform servers. Most of the time, the answer is no, because it means sharing with a competitior.

FF14 got away with it cause the combat is much slower then other MMOs and it is ONLY on the PS3/PS4 and PC, never going to go on the xbox one.
    Playstation has never forced segregation, that is a design choice. I think FF14 has faster combat than ESO if you count key presses per hour.

The problem is that segregation is forced between Sony and Microsoft. Once you're forced into that, you have to segregate PC too, because it would be really odd for one of the console platforms to share with PC and one to not.
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    A person on Reddit just reminded me: What about deaf people? They will have literally no way of communicating with others on the console version without any form of keyboard/text chatting.

How do deaf players play Grand Theft Auto, Destiny, Halo, Diablo 3, or any other multiplayer game already on consoles that include absolutely no keyboard support?

GTA and Destiny rarely forces you to play with others and never forces you to communicate with them. Heists may be difference as I have no played them yet. Both offer plenty of areas where you can take a break and message someone directly via PSN/ XBLive.
    I have not played much of Halo, but it seems communication is helpful but not required.
    I know nothing of Diablo 3. I will not comment here.

In order to trade, group, or get help players will require some form of communication. An MMO required this to succeed, you simply cannot enjoy the full game without communicating and organizing with other players. Those who cannot use voice chat are officially SOL.