The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruthven wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    I'm still just waiting to see how those tablet-grade processors handle Cyrodil.
    I smell a PC elitist... :*

It's a valid concern...

They said they are aiming for solid 1020p and 30 fps at all times. I'd love to see if that holds true in Cyrodiil too.

I've got a seriously beefy rig and even that will slow to a crawl in many of the larger zerg battles. My fiance's slightly more dated machine (still boasts better stats than a PS4, though) basically makes these fights completely unplayable.

As a result, she no longer comes to Cyro w/ me. : /

Edited by Varicite on April 23, 2015 7:52PM
  • originalbars

Call me what you want, but I've gotten FPS drops into the low 20's on a consistent basis with an i7-4790k. I honestly am just confused with how it's supposed to work on consoles without it being a slideshow.

Optimization

I got an i7 as well with a GTX 970, great performance on all games bar ESO.. i mean considering how it looks compared to more graphically impressive games.

The thing console has over the PC here is that the hardware is all the same.. its easier to squash bugs and optimize the code for the consoles. meaning you can use lesser HW to reach performance you wouldnt reach with likeminded hardware on the PC platform.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Call me what you want, but I've gotten FPS drops into the low 20's on a consistent basis with an i7-4790k. I honestly am just confused with how it's supposed to work on consoles without it being a slideshow.

Optimization

I got an i7 as well with a GTX 970, great performance on all games bar ESO.. i mean considering how it looks compared to more graphically impressive games.

The thing console has over the PC here is that the hardware is all the same.. its easier to squash bugs and optimize the code for the consoles. meaning you can use lesser HW to reach performance you wouldnt reach with likeminded hardware on the PC platform.

That might have been true for older consoles, but these new ones are basically the same platform, just with weaker hardware. That's why you see every game that's on both systems running at lower settings and 30fps on consoles. If they were to make it run any better on consoles, PC should see the same improvements.

I have the same setup with the 970 :)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the console versions are not running at "Ultra Mode" in terms of graphics. Even looking at the videos being posted, you can see there have been compromises made.

Still looking gorgeous IMO.