The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can't we have controller support for PC?
    :trollin:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerio wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    Also cross-platform. Two things that ZOS can't seem to manage 15 years later.

/shrug

This is a common critism that is completely misplaced, despite there being an entire thread devoted to it with a response from Zos.

FF XI - PC & PlayStation
    ESO - PC & PlayStation & Xbox

Being cross platform between PC and one console is easy. Being cross platform between both consoles isn't, because Microsoft and Sony have entirely different requirements and ultimately want don't want their players mixed together. It's the same reason why a game like Destiny isn't cross platform.

It's not they either don't want them playing together but instead that they cannot play together.
    The PSN network is not compatible wit Xbox Live servers.

The friends list and functions don't mix and therefore it would prevent proper player reaction.

Each company has designed their own infrastructure BUT to be fair it's Sony who doesn't want to mix as Xbox Live existed long before PSN

PS2 players just played online but since the Xbox original was released the Xbox live service has been what it is for a long time with major improvements. Sony decided to do their own thing instead of bridging either Xbox over or PC over.

Xbox live launched in 2002 while PSN launched in 2006...can't blame Microsoft it's all on Sony
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 3:37PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

This is a common critism that is completely misplaced, despite there being an entire thread devoted to it with a response from Zos.

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

Being cross platform between PC and one console is easy. Being cross platform between both consoles isn't, because Microsoft and Sony have entirely different requirements and ultimately want don't want their players mixed together. It's the same reason why a game like Destiny isn't cross platform.

It's not they either don't want them playing together but instead that they cannot play together.

The friends list and functions don't mix and therefore it would prevent proper player reaction.

Each company has designed their own infrastructure BUT to be fair it's Sony who doesn't want to mix as Xbox Live existed long before PSN

PS2 players just played online but since the Xbox original was released the Xbox live service has been what it is for a long time with major improvements. Sony decided to do their own thing instead of bridging either Xbox over or PC over.

To disagree with this a little, Xbox has been fairly diehard about not allowing cross-communication between Xbox Live and almost any system, including some of their own. Recent changes with Windows 10 may herald a change in management ethos, but their 'xenophobia' has been around since well before Xbox and Playstation even existed.

Some would say this is being stingy and really hampering the development of gaming communities. I know I really wanted to play DUST for EvE Online, which was offered first to microsoft for cross-platform development.

Then again, Xbox Live doesn't face nearly as much downtime, per year, as PSN. So not being hacked as often may be one of the advantages of this closed door policy.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

To disagree with this a little, Xbox has been fairly diehard about not allowing cross-communication between Xbox Live and almost any system, including some of their own. Recent changes with Windows 10 may herald a change in management ethos, but their 'xenophobia' has been around since well before Xbox and Playstation even existed.

Some would say this is being stingy and really hampering the development of gaming communities. I know I really wanted to play DUST for EvE Online, which was offered first to microsoft for cross-platform development.

Then again, Xbox Live doesn't face nearly as much downtime, per year, as PSN. So not being hacked as often may be one of the advantages of this closed door policy.

I edited my post but in short Xbox live existed since 2002 where PSN launched in 2006. Why would Sony create a completely incompatible system?
    How is it determined that is Microsoft being stubborn rather than Playstation?

The Xbox One and PC will be completely compatible when win 10 launched and we'll be testing it out starting in May

Media articles tend to sway audiences based on funding however technology proved otherwise.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

I edited my post but in short Xbox live existed since 2002 where PSN launched in 2006. Why would Sony create a completely incompatible system?

The Xbox One and PC will be completely compatible when win 10 launched and we'll be testing it out starting in May

Media articles tend to sway audiences based on funding however technology proved otherwise.

Interested in the claim of compatibility. I heard of streaming to a windows 10 device (and maybe someday streaming a windows game to an xbox device). But I wasn't aware that they are opening the Xbox Live service to receiving and sending content to third-party programs.

Heck, we can barely get functioning API for game apps today.

And my reference to their compatibility extend back to the days when Microsoft made a nice penny of Point of Sale services, registers, etc. They have been notorious for building systems which weren't meant to be compatable, whether that was with Mac's, Apples, etc.

Whether it was Xbox or PSN that decided to be incompatible, I feel is moot. Even if PSN had built a compatible service, as Mac has with their OS, I feel Microsoft would have intentionally prevented them from easily accessing Xbox Live.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm an Xbox user, tried and true. Just wanted to clarify that this wasn't a playstation user burning on xbox, but an xbox user recognizing the restrictive policies of the company he supports.

XBOX NA

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm an Xbox user, tried and true. Just wanted to clarify that this wasn't a playstation user burning on xbox, but an xbox user recognizing the restrictive policies of the company he supports.

Oh no it's all just discussion and opinions.

Good convo tho
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

Xbox live launched in 2002 while PSN launched in 2006...can't blame Microsoft it's all on Sony

Idc what the reasoning is, they all play together on FF, it lets pc, xbone,ps4,360,ps3 all play together .....it can be done, im glad it isnt.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

Idc what the reasoning is, they all play together on FF, it lets pc, xbone,ps4,360,ps3 all play together .....it can be done, im glad it isnt.

I believe the PLaystation folks on console used a PC log-in and did not at the time require PSN.

I played for 60 days on xbox360 and felt is was a terrible experience as it lacked all Xbox live functionality and features.
    So if a big difference on using a console to control a game made for PC vs playing a game designed for console with others on Pac who are playing a game designed for PC. It'd be odd if all three were on the same servers as each console would drastically be absent of their core features respectively. X360 and PS3 are very different machines as such the next ten consoles aren't compatible with each other or compatible with each of its own last gen hardware and games
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 4:26PM
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have FF on my ps4 .... Theres no logging in on pc, idk what youre talking about at this point honestly.just play it from dashboard like any other ps4 game

When i played FF, i met people on all 5 platforms

Pc
    Ps4
    Ps3
    Xbone

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have FF on my ps4 .... Theres no logging in on pc, idk what youre talking about at this point honestly.just play it from dashboard like any other ps4 game

Pc
    Ps4
    Ps3
    Xbone

I'm talking about another one from years ago. Maybe it was original Xbox and not x360.
    What Final Fantasay MMORPG are you playing that's on Xbox one?

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 4:30PM
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we have controller support for PC?

Controller support for PC is coming.
    Edited by dietlime on April 21, 2015 4:38PM
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭

Pc
    Ps4
    Ps3
    Xbone

I'm talking about another one from years ago. Maybe it was original Xbox and not x360.

Final Fantasy :Realm Reborn

Yea there are alot of them to keep track off, i never got into FF cause my character model
    Gotta give them props for adding flying too
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pc
    Ps4
    Ps3
    Xbone

Final Fantasy :Realm Reborn

Yea there are alot of them to keep track off, i never got into FF cause my character model
    Gotta give them props for adding flying too

Realm Reborn isn't on Xbox One or Xbox 360 so how are you meeting and playing with ppl cross platform?
    Am I still looking at the wrong game or something
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 5:05PM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

I believe the PLaystation folks on console used a PC log-in and did not at the time require PSN.

I played for 60 days on xbox360 and felt is was a terrible experience as it lacked all Xbox live functionality and features.
    So if a big difference on using a console to control a game made for PC vs playing a game designed for console with others on Pac who are playing a game designed for PC. It'd be odd if all three were on the same servers as each console would drastically be absent of their core features respectively. X360 and PS3 are very different machines as such the next ten consoles aren't compatible with each other or compatible with each of its own last gen hardware and games

The game you are thinking of is FFXI Smurf.They do have different chat systems and UI's. But power wise both consoles are very similar to each other. I couldn't voice chat in game with people on other systems then unless I had some third party thing open.

It's really easy to release on all platforms and play together with text chat support. Square-Enix has done it 13 years.
    Yoshida the ARR director said ARR wasn';t on the one because Microsoft won't bend on waiving their subscription fee like Sony does.

Let's stop being delusional. This game isn't cross platform where everyone can play together either because of Microsoft or these devs don't want it.
    Edited by Kalifas on April 21, 2015 5:06PM
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

The game you are thinking of is FFXI Smurf.They do have different chat systems and UI's. But power wise both consoles are very similar to each other. I couldn't voice chat in game with people on other systems then unless I had some third party thing open.

It's really easy to release on all platforms and play together with text chat support. Square-Enix has done it 13 years.
    Yoshida the ARR director said ARR wasn';t on the one because Microsoft won't bend on waiving their subscription fee like Sony does.

Let's stop being delusional. This game isn't cross platform where everyone can play together either because of Microsoft or these devs don't want it.

I take offense to being called delusional based on people's opinions and media articles opinionated articles poised toward either console.
    It's nothing delusional about the logic that Xbox live and PSN customers cannot voice chat, send friend request or party chat together. It's nothing delusional about Xbox live existing 4 years prior to PSN and that the later companies program isn't nor has ever been compatible with Xbox live.

It's nothing delusional about a developer telling the media that a console company wouldn't bend on their "policy" so the game can't be cross platform.

Why would any company change their terms and conditions for a developer who chose to make a product outside of their set infrastructure. In 99% of these arguments it's the developer who is to blame for insisting that a console company should change so that the developer doesn't have to do any work or rather develop with all platforms in mind.

That's just unreasonable for any company to ask a publisher to change its rules that millions of their customers have agreed to and become comfortable with. This type of logic is what is causing this console "at odds" based on warped thinking.

If you make anything with an expectation of any customer base to use it THEN you should proceed with your strategy including any and all targeted customers rather than creating a product with any expectation that a publisher will change for you after the fact.
  • KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

People need to realize that according the producer of FF14ARR, the only reason that its not on the 360 or the X1 is because Microsoft will not entertain the idea of all playing together because SE would have to use MS servers and SE want to use there servers so everyone can play together. Links below. There are also others that have said the same thing

FF14 is cross platform between 2 different consoles, hardware wise and specs. The infrastructures between them are completely different so FF14 is not just cross platform with PS its cross platform with 2 different PS consoles. Also More games are cross platform with PS than XB, so I find it hard to believe that PS is incompatible and more likely its something to do with a policy on the side of MS. However this may change after win10 and the fact MS have got new management. I loved my original Xbox(2nd fav system of all time after the SNES) and my 360 but I know what MS and PS faults are in the industry. I was an Xbox fan until the X1. I don't hate the new system its just not my preferred for this gen.

I only recently got Internet (2years ago) so who came first doesn't matter but XBL is the better service, hands down. PSN is usually down or experiencing problems. The only time MS broke there policy was for FF11 to allow cross platform play with 3rd party games but with new games coming like Fable it may all change with win10. Have to wait and see how they handle a game thats not a first party.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/13/yoshida-to-microsoft-ffxiv-on-xbox-one-needs-to-happen/

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2430-ff14-director-a-realm-reborn-skipping-xbox-is-still-down-to-microsoft

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/why-final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

I take offense to being called delusional based on people's opinions and media articles opinionated articles poised toward either console.
    It's nothing delusional about the logic that Xbox live and PSN customers cannot voice chat, send friend request or party chat together. It's nothing delusional about Xbox live existing 4 years prior to PSN and that the later companies program isn't nor has ever been compatible with Xbox live.

It's nothing delusional about a developer telling the media that a console company wouldn't bend on their "policy" so the game can't be cross platform.

Why would any company change their terms and conditions for a developer who chose to make a product outside of their set infrastructure. In 99% of these arguments it's the developer who is to blame for insisting that a console company should change so that the developer doesn't have to do any work or rather develop with all platforms in mind.

That's just unreasonable for any company to ask a publisher to change its rules that millions of their customers have agreed to and become comfortable with. This type of logic is what is causing this console "at odds" based on warped thinking.

If you make anything with an expectation of any customer base to use it THEN you should proceed with your strategy including any and all targeted customers rather than creating a product with any expectation that a publisher will change for you after the fact.
    I didn't mean to offend you.
    Both systems were able to play FFXI together. It's proven, it works, no delusion here. They connected through a developer front end called Playonline, which might be how it all came together.

Microsoft has had this paywall thing all the way until the Xbox one months into release. They tried to force the paywall to access all the other apps like Netlfix and such. They tried saying you can't use our machine to do these things without an xbox live subscription. You know what happened? No one bought their system, and they flip flopped reversing they paywall monopoly. Same thing happened with many indy developers. And same thing would happen here if developers would tell Microsoft to suck it if they don't bend.

A publisher thinks that every developer should bend to their whim or they cut them off. But I think it works both ways. Sometimes these big publishers have to bend over too. Now if playing together cross platform is not something Zeni wants really bad, then I don't see them pushing this either.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

I didn't mean to offend you.
    Both systems were able to play FFXI together. It's proven, it works, no delusion here. They connected through a developer front end called Playonline, which might be how it all came together.

Microsoft has had this paywall thing all the way until the Xbox one months into release. They tried to force the paywall to access all the other apps like Netlfix and such. They tried saying you can't use our machine to do these things without an xbox live subscription. You know what happened? No one bought their system, and they flip flopped reversing they paywall monopoly. Same thing happened with many indy developers. And same thing would happen here if developers would tell Microsoft to suck it if they don't bend.

A publisher thinks that every developer should bend to their whim or they cut them off. But I think it works both ways. Sometimes these big publishers have to bend over too. Now if playing together cross platform is not something Zeni wants really bad, then I don't see them pushing this either.

I think people need to read all the terms and conditions of Xbox one. It's very different than PSN and often times the agreement with and Xbox live gold customer comes with certain promises from Xbox. Those conditions are very valuable to me and many other Xbox customers. The privacy and controls offered make the experience in many aspects better so my opinion is this...if you want your product on their shelves and on their network...develop as such.

I just get really pissed off at the accusations people have based on their opinions which always lack factuatual information. I realize over 90% of the population never read the legal, privacy, Eula and term n conditions but that doesn't excuse any developer especially because they enter an opportunity to profit off doing things the right way.

It's also upsetting to see any developer position it's customers against any platform due to a developers poor management and insight through the development process n procedures.

It's one thing to play a game using a console as if it's a PC which is not truly playing on a console. Lack of controller support or voice chat and friends, messaging etc.

None directed at you specifically. Just venting before someone else quoted our conversation.
    Thanks for the apology too
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 5:41PM
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

I would like to second this. MS has been notorious for years about jealously guarding their Live network and requiring Gold membership to do ANYTHING on their network.

And I say that as a one time big Xbox fan. One of the last straws for me (aside from that infamous E3 presentation where they pretended Xbox was no longer for games) was the way they stubbornly held on to the requirement that you had to have a Gold subscription even if you just wanted to use the Netflix or YouTube app.

Sony, according to most developers, is much more open on PSN--especially to MMO's. That's why MMO's like DCUO and cross-platform FF14 are Sony exclusives.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KrisButtar wrote: »

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

People need to realize that according the producer of FF14ARR, the only reason that its not on the 360 or the X1 is because Microsoft will not entertain the idea of all playing together because SE would have to use MS servers and SE want to use there servers so everyone can play together. Links below. There are also others that have said the same thing

FF14 is cross platform between 2 different consoles, hardware wise and specs. The infrastructures between them are completely different so FF14 is not just cross platform with PS its cross platform with 2 different PS consoles. Also More games are cross platform with PS than XB, so I find it hard to believe that PS is incompatible and more likely its something to do with a policy on the side of MS. However this may change after win10 and the fact MS have got new management. I loved my original Xbox(2nd fav system of all time after the SNES) and my 360 but I know what MS and PS faults are in the industry. I was an Xbox fan until the X1. I don't hate the new system its just not my preferred for this gen.

I only recently got Internet (2years ago) so who came first doesn't matter but XBL is the better service, hands down. PSN is usually down or experiencing problems. The only time MS broke there policy was for FF11 to allow cross platform play with 3rd party games but with new games coming like Fable it may all change with win10. Have to wait and see how they handle a game thats not a first party.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/13/yoshida-to-microsoft-ffxiv-on-xbox-one-needs-to-happen/

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2430-ff14-director-a-realm-reborn-skipping-xbox-is-still-down-to-microsoft

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/why-final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one

This basically states that the developer wants Microsoft Xbox to ignore and go against its agreements, policies and security to their customers in order for the game to be played with others.

It doesn't say that Microsoft isn't willing to allow cross platform play but instead it demonstrates that the game server quality and controls do not meet a standard that allows Xbox live customers to be placed on it.

BIG DIFERRENCE from "Microsoft doesn't want cross platform"
  • KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

This basically states that the developer wants Microsoft Xbox to ignore and go against its agreements, policies and security to their customers in order for the game to be played with others.

It doesn't say that Microsoft isn't willing to allow cross platform play but instead it demonstrates that the game server quality and controls do not meet a standard that allows Xbox live customers to be placed on it.

"Specifically, Microsoft refuses to allow titles to share multiplayer servers between other platforms." That's Microsoft's policy and if they wanted cross platform gaming they would remove it or at least edit it an say the server requires to be at a high enough quality but instead they give a blanket refusal to all. If they won't share the server's how can they have cross platform? That sounds like Microsoft doesn't want cross platform to me.

PS. thanks for the tip in the other thread :)
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The conversation seems to have turned to the cross-platform aspect, and I understand fully their reasoning behind not linking the consoles together, but I don't agree w/ not linking the PC w/ at least one of them. I think the pros would have outweighed the cons.

FFXI was just a simple example as a game that has done many things that fans continue defending ZOS' decisions not to include for some reason. This has been a long derailment from drawing attention to the fact that ESO still can't manage to provide a functional combat log to their game (optional) or many other features that players need to actually understand what's going on in their game.

Immersion is such a flimsy excuse when there are giant yellow letters soliciting me to buy their latest, greatest shiny sparklekitty mount or whatever from the magical in-game store menu in 5 different languages. Right.

I highly doubt immersion is counted in the reasoning for not allowing keyboard / mouse support for gameplay, let alone even being able to use it to type in chat. I still hold to the belief that the feature was cut due to time / resources and nothing else.

I'd STILL like to know if either of these might be planned for the future, because there is a WANT for it among players who would be able to greater enjoy the game in comfort.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shrug

FF XI - PC & PlayStation

"Specifically, Microsoft refuses to allow titles to share multiplayer servers between other platforms." That's Microsoft's policy and if they wanted cross platform gaming they would remove it or at least edit it an say the server requires to be at a high enough quality but instead they give a blanket refusal to all. If they won't share the server's how can they have cross platform? That sounds like Microsoft doesn't want cross platform to me.

PS. thanks for the tip in the other thread :)

Can you cite this for me to read?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 21, 2015 7:28PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The conversation seems to have turned to the cross-platform aspect, and I understand fully their reasoning behind not linking the consoles together, but I don't agree w/ not linking the PC w/ at least one of them. I think the pros would have outweighed the cons.

FFXI was just a simple example as a game that has done many things that fans continue defending ZOS' decisions not to include for some reason. This has been a long derailment from drawing attention to the fact that ESO still can't manage to provide a functional combat log to their game (optional) or many other features that players need to actually understand what's going on in their game.

Immersion is such a flimsy excuse when there are giant yellow letters soliciting me to buy their latest, greatest shiny sparklekitty mount or whatever from the magical in-game store menu in 5 different languages. Right.

I highly doubt immersion is counted in the reasoning for not allowing keyboard / mouse support for gameplay, let alone even being able to use it to type in chat. I still hold to the belief that the feature was cut due to time / resources and nothing else.

I'd STILL like to know if either of these might be planned for the future, because there is a WANT for it among players who would be able to greater enjoy the game in comfort.

Unless the Xbox one is drastically updated I don't think it'll happen because other than the numbers and letters the other keys don't usually work (with games)

I often wonder if it's left out of code or left out of the dev tools for Xbox one.
    Ps4 I do think supports others keys in some cases

But then wouldn't it be better to just stay on PC?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess, if you want to somehow sit your PC on your lap while you sit on the couch and have to hook it up to your big screen TV or something, but that seems like a lot of work every time you want to play ESO comfortably. If you even have a PC that you think will run it.

Just because somebody is more comfortable using a keyboard for social purposes in online games doesn't automatically mean that they want to be confined to their PC.

You want to roll your shoulders back and enjoy the game, but nobody who likes keyboards should be able to sit one on the armrest of their lazyboy while they do the same? : /
  • Anentet
    Anentet
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could actually have a toggle option to use voice in PC version.. (I know not everyone likes using it but thats why I say toggle option, those who don't could turn it off) :P
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess, if you want to somehow sit your PC on your lap while you sit on the couch and have to hook it up to your big screen TV or something, but that seems like a lot of work every time you want to play ESO comfortably. If you even have a PC that you think will run it.

Just because somebody is more comfortable using a keyboard for social purposes in online games doesn't automatically mean that they want to be confined to their PC.

You want to roll your shoulders back and enjoy the game, but nobody who likes keyboards should be able to sit one on the armrest of their lazyboy while they do the same? : /

Just plug in the external hdmi cable from PC to TV. Wireless mouse/keyboard and you're rockin!
    It's how I play minus the mouse as my keyboard is attached to my Xbox controller
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just plug in the external hdmi cable from PC to TV. Wireless mouse/keyboard and you're rockin!
    It's how I play minus the mouse as my keyboard is attached to my Xbox controller

And that gives you a console UI w/ full controller support and voice chat functions (because VC is still pretty useful in PvP or group dungeons, even if you prefer a kb) while being connected to your XBL friends?

Wow.

Edited by Varicite on April 21, 2015 8:25PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that gives you a console UI w/ full controller support and voice chat functions (because VC is still pretty useful in PvP or group dungeons, even if you prefer a kb) while being connected to your XBL friends?

Wow.

Well of course not. I'm giving you a hard time from our prior comments.
    I'm just picking or poking fun