The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

Thank you for the clarification, it's much appreciated. However:
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    They've confirmed the fact that keyboards can be used for typing/chatting on both systems, it's even in the official Help Support area thing, but there is no mention of if they will support keyboard and mouse for actual gameplay or not.

..the bolded part is more what I was curious about. : )
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)
    Varicite wrote: »
    Hey @Varicite,

They've confirmed the fact that keyboards can be used for typing/chatting on both systems, it's even in the official Help Support area thing, but there is no mention of if they will support keyboard and mouse for actual gameplay or not.

based on it reading "to chat" I conclude the intent of word usage omits miss-leading anyone to thinking "game-play" is supported via keyboard.
    AND THIS...

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26768/kw/console keyboard
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 16, 2015 8:53PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is just video footage from ESO Live. nothing new
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

Varicite wrote: »
    Hey @Varicite,

based on it reading "to chat" I conclude the intent of word usage omits miss-leading anyone to thinking "game-play" is supported via keyboard.
    AND THIS...

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26768/kw/console keyboard

I understand that is currently the plan.

I'm more curious about whether they have plans to integrate the keyboard / mouse more fully for consoles. And implement gamepad support for PC.
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    youtu.be/QAnThKbSjNY

That UI looks amazing can't wait to try it out. I think it looks a lot more fluid.

Edit posted a link instead of the video. Haha it took 99 views before anyone said the link was broken.

Well, I must say now that the game is on its golden platform, it should only increase in popularity.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started reading the comments. :s

Never read the comments.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »
    lmfao @ skyui.
    It steal lacks the basic of mmorpg features and ui elements NEEDED.
    Puh-lease.

What features are those?

The little things that make a UI complete...

Like you're out in the wild and you've found a bunch of crates and food/drink ingredients, but you can't remember which ones you need... and since you have limited inventory, you don't want to fill your bags with junk you can't use. So, you go to check your recipes... but, oops! You can't!

Those little things. There are lots of examples in ESO.

When you have to pretend it's 1970 and you're writing things down on a notepad like it's a PnP game, because the game gives you no access to the information you need when you need it, then the UI isn't complete and certainly isn't robust.

Paper and pencil games I'm sure are/were fun, but yeah the two don't mix :D. I have a few thoughts on the UI in my sig .
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, that looks terrible. It's basically Skyrim's default UI, which was extremely cumbersome an unintuitive. Should have gone for Oblivion's default UI instead. Oh well, at least I don't have to use it.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like what I saw. I will say this, however: being able to lock items from being sold, having item categories that aren't all-encompasing (like we need a tab just for costumes), and being able to see known recipes and relevant background character information? These are what are needed to take the system from 'not bad' to 'this is what most UI modders are trying to accomplish, and what most gamers take for granted'.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^yes. Great observations. I had a similar experience
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeesh... I don't like it one bit. Doesn't look very intuitive at all. I can understand why the changes were made (players are expecting "skyrim with friends" and they're using a controller, not a mouse) but it seems a loss less "Role Play" than the UI we currently have.

The differences in UI is so different that any large addition o the UI (such as another category) will have to be designed twice.

While it's not my cup of tea, it's nice to see they didn't just throw the PC UI onto console... the separate consideration for each platform is nice. Now... about those Advanced Filters.... :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on April 16, 2015 10:57PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    Pallmor wrote: »
    CodexMMO wrote: »
    I hope they bring the same UI options to those of us who own PCs with Xbox controllers.

Put on a flame retardant suit and run to the hills. RUN MOFO RUUUUUN. Dems fightin words in ere boy!

In all seriousness though I hope so to

I play with a controller. I only use keyboard for chat. And I've never had any problem. With the right Xpadder profile, you can do almost everything. Anyone who thinks that a controller player just can't hang with their OH SO SUPERIOR mouse and keyboard needs a reality check. I've had no problem doing just fine in PvE and PvP.

Is that why all the esports players use controllers ? O wait...
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they bring the same UI options to those of us who own PCs with Xbox controllers.

Put on a flame retardant suit and run to the hills. RUN MOFO RUUUUUN. Dems fightin words in ere boy!

I play with a controller. I only use keyboard for chat. And I've never had any problem. With the right Xpadder profile, you can do almost everything. Anyone who thinks that a controller player just can't hang with their OH SO SUPERIOR mouse and keyboard needs a reality check. I've had no problem doing just fine in PvE and PvP.

Maybe they don't have good thumb control. Or maybe it's just what they're used too. Either way, I don't see any of them playing ESO, so it really doesn't matter, does it? It's not like you need to get precision headshots here anyway.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they don't have good thumb control. Or maybe it's just what they're used too. Either way, I don't see any of them playing ESO, so it really doesn't matter, does it? It's not like you need to get precision headshots here anyway.

That's my only beef with switching to console entirely. My keypad and MMO mouse. I can do so very much with all those keys at my fingertips.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    How is that UI an improvement? That seems like a huge downgrade going back to Skyrims' default UI.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Ryan.jennings2rwb17_ESO
    I wish I could increase the font for the menus on the pc version, I play on a TV not a monitor whilst lounging around on my bed. But it's doing wonders for my abs having to lean forward every now and again. I really hope they decide to bring in game voice chat to the game, that would make life so much easier.

how... maybe its too small to see the option :P there is a setting, I'm at work at the moment and will check and edit when I get home instructing where this option is.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks the toolbar set up is extremely clunky and uncomfortable? I'd hoped they would mimic DCUO's controller schematic.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very possible. I know that DCUO alters the UI based on which HID is detected and when input is sent.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could increase the font for the menus on the pc version, I play on a TV not a monitor whilst lounging around on my bed. But it's doing wonders for my abs having to lean forward every now and again. I really hope they decide to bring in game voice chat to the game, that would make life so much easier.

@stewart.leslie76b16_ESO

You can. You can increase the scale using the "Custom Scale" slider under video settings. You can also change the size of chat text in the Social menu.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those who are interested, you can access this UI (or a very similar UI, minor differences) in the PC version of the game.

If you press Enter, type this in:
    /script function IsInGamepadPreferredMode() return true end

If you then press Enter followed by the ALT key, you will have a gamepad UI very, very similar to the console UI but on PC and you can have a play with it.

Screenshot_20150417_131438.png
    Edited by Paulington on April 17, 2015 12:15PM
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    youtu.be/QAnThKbSjNY

That UI looks amazing can't wait to try it out. I think it looks a lot more fluid.

Edit posted a link instead of the video. Haha it took 99 views before anyone said the link was broken.

Still prefer PC interface but not to bad
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

Excellent :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    For those who are interested, you can access this UI (or a very similar UI, minor differences) in the PC version of the game.

If you then press Enter followed by the ALT key, you will have a gamepad UI very, very similar to the console UI but on PC and you can have a play with it.

Is there an addon that does this yet, even a clunky one (post- character selection)?
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

So, the keyboard is for chatting only, but not for actual playing?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    but it seems a loss less "Role Play" than the UI we currently have.
    Could you elaborate?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

This post is #1 but did they change something as it did not change any UI look today after the minor patch
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 17, 2015 2:36PM
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Hey @Varicite,

So, the keyboard is for chatting only, but not for actual playing?

Yes, there is. At least I've seen it in minion several times and promptly ignored it because I don't plan to use my controller for TESO.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChampionSheWolf
    Can you link where. I read that as keyboard on console was chat only
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on if and when they add controller support to PC, they will also add the option to use those interface menus?
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    @ChampionSheWolf
    Can you link where. I read that as keyboard on console was chat only

Amazes me that typing in controller in ESOUI's search box yielded these results;

First is Xpadder which lets you actually config an XBox controller on the PC, if I am reading this right.

Second is ActiveControlelrUI though according to the mod author, Zeni has removed the code to allow it to work. So try it and see if it works.

For the life of me, can't figure out why someone would downgrade their UI into a clunky mess like this, but whatever. To each their own. And no, it's not even efficient for controller use.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact