Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Needs an Auction Horse (Expanded Concept)

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO should implement an Auction Horse. That's right... Horse.

This horse would wander around Tamriel and there would only be one. Players who find the horse can look at what it's carrying, bid on it. Once the auction ends, the Auction Horse sends you your items via mail (or Courier of they ever implement a realistic courier service...). Again, the ONLY way to access the Auction Horse is to FIND the one Auction Horse as it wanders Tamriel.
AbyssinianPackHorse.jpg

However, this isn't just any old horse... The Auction Horse is the horse of Clavicus Vile! Every day at dawn the horse just "appears" in a different zone and stays there until the next dawn. This way the horse can be in Stormhaven one day and Bal-Foyen the next! He would change location according to the Tamriel day, not our day. It might even be a good idea to have the horse not appear every Tamrielic day. Perhaps the horse only shows up once in a 3 Tamrielic day period and which day within each 3 day period is random. This way it wouldn't be guaranteed that the horse would be available all the time.

To accommodate the Auction Horse, each item placed in any guild store should have bartering enabled, for a separate bartering fee. This should be as simple as having a check box "Allow Bartering?". A player will then set the asking price for their item. Shoppers can choose to either pay the asking price or barter. A player who chooses to barter risks not winning the item because another player may choose to outright buy the item. No player can see another player's offer. Each player must pay the amount of their offer at the time of their offer.

Once the listing has expired, if no player outright bought the item for the selling price, the seller receives the highest offer in their mail. The seller can choose to accept or decline the offer. If the seller declines the offer, all those who made offers receive their gold back with the notification that the item did not sell. If the offer is accepted then everyone who made offers lower will receive their offer in the mail with a report of the final selling price. All correspondences should from the Auction Horse itself!

All bartered items will be viewable in their respective Guild Stores. If a Guild Store wins a bid to be represented by a Guild Trader (or just outright hires one), that guild trader will give that guild the option to make a tribute to Clavicus Vile. If a tribute is made, all items in that guild store that have bartering enabled will ALSO appear on the Auction Horse. In this way, players can view MANY items that are up for bartering when browsing the Auction Horse's inventory.

The Auction Horse should begin its day at dawn and make it's way toward one of the zones towns or cities. The horse should mosey along the road and any player that accesses the horse should disappear from the game while they are accessing the Auction Horse. Unlike other wandering merchants, the Auction Horse should NOT stop when accessed. When a player leaves the Auction Horse they will need to catch up to the horse if they wish to access it again. The Auction Horse should move at a snails pace, perhaps even slower than walking.
ToQXOvi.jpg?1

When the horse reaches the town or city, no other players will be allowed to access the Auction Horse and all players currently accessing the Auction Horse will be given a 60 second timer. At the end of those 60 seconds, all players are booted from the Auction Horse and the horse relaxes, eats grass, and sleeps until dusk. Players can speak to the horse who will tell them stories, jokes, and rumors. At dusk, the Auction Horse gets back on the road out of town and players can once again access the Auction Horse. Once the horse reaches the end of the road at the edge of the zone, it disappears. Players will be given the same 60 second warning they are given when the horse reaches towns and cities.

At dawn, the horse reappears at the edge of a different zone, walking toward the next town.

This symbiotic relationship should help the guild stores and guild traders retain their usefulness while ALSO enabling an Auction House mechanic in ESO that could fit into the lore quite snugly.

Will YOU be lucky enough to find the Auction Horse? heheh

NOTE: This idea started out as a joke... but now I actually think it would kind of fun to have an Auction Horse.
Edited by Gidorick on January 7, 2016 1:45AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *chuckles
    Need to feed that poor horse there.
    Kind of a cool idea, but you know people will complain that they have to Look for the horse, cause you know...it would actually take effort to do that.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you thought the zergs on thornblade were bad. could you imagine the massive ball of people following this horse?
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not discriminate... and Auction Mount :)
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see a nice ass carrying that stuff around.
  • Aromak
    Aromak
    ✭✭
    Totally thought this was a typo, but after reading now I am totally for this idea!
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it an Auction Pack Guar and you have a deal. ;)
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time to see if this idea has legs.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »

And if it doesn't...

Auction Netch.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Flynch wrote: »

And if it doesn't...

Auction Netch.

I like where this is going
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    And you thought the zergs on thornblade were bad. could you imagine the massive ball of people following this horse?

LOL. oh geeze.. you're right... Ok.. how about this?

The Auction Horse is the horse of Clavicus Vile! Every day at dawn the horse just "appears" in a different zone and stays there until the next dawn. This way the horse can be in Stormhaven one day and Bal-Foyen the next! he would change location according to the Tamriel day, not our day.

Another reason for:
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Day/Night Length Adjustment

The total amount of time it should take for one day/night cycle on Nirn should 10 of our hours this would mean every day=2.4 hours in game....

That was part of this post here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157644/environment-weather-systems-overhaul-concept

And no, it doesn't HAVE to be a Horse... but "Auction House/Auction Horse" The wordplay there is pretty obvious.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 21, 2015 2:22PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to read the title twice because I thought it was a typo. Good job. :p
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

^^^^^^^^ >:)
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step 1: ZOS plans to implement an auction horse as described above and enthusiastically tells everyone in the road ahead.

Step 2: Almost immediately, a huge wave of complaints hits the forums, but everyone is unable to agree about any single aspect concerning a mobile auction platform. One faction demands for the horse to be replaced by a guar, because of the obviously better carrying capacities. Another faction is dead against the concept of mobility, and fields the idea of auction stables instead (i.e. stables with auction horses in them. This is torpedoed by the guar faction, but they eventually agree on stables with auction beasts of burden). A PvP affine faction clamors for the damned beast to be placed in Cyrodiil for them to fight over and take home to their keeps, because what's the deal with those useless scrolls anyway? Meanwhile, a resolute lore faction campaigns against it, because The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard didn't even have horses, much less auctions in it. Finally, a rather small, esoteric group blathers about a legendary vendor crab in ye olden times, but no-one takes them seriously anyway.

Step 3: Everyone but the esoterics blames ZOS for not listening to the community and poor execution of half-baked ideas.

Step 4: The idea is pulled. Then, after a while, a better solution is placed into the game. Everyone is happily using it, but since there's nothing to complain about for once, no-one knows about it.

(obvious /irony closing tag)

:wink:
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on March 21, 2015 2:39PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS you might as well give it to them. You have done everything else for these people so go for it. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    ZoS you might as well give it to them. You have done everything else for these people so go for it. :smiley:

Woo hoo! Auction Horse here we come! I wonder what they will name the horse... something clever like... "Steve" I hope. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the genuine laugh @KhajitFurTrader :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This new +1
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    but I want to be Steve!
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    This Idea is extremely awesome, but instead of just appearing at dawn, why not have a horse in each alliances map. An so he can only be found in the main roads wondering (walking) to the next town or village in to the next until he arrives at the main city/town. Then he rest for a while (meaning we can see him resting or eating grass in the corners of the main gates or whatever) and then he would wonders of again traveling the roads.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanniBoi wrote: »
    This Idea is extremely awesome, but instead of just appearing at dawn, why not have a horse in each alliances map. An so he can only be found in the main roads wondering (walking) to the next town or village in to the next until he arrives at the main city/town. Then he rest for a while (meaning we can see him resting or eating grass in the corners of the main gates or whatever) and then he would wonders of again traveling the roads.

That would sound great! Have the horse go from the edge of the zone, walk to a city, rest, then walk out of the zone... but not appear in the adjacent zone the next day.

I think having only one Auction Horse that changes every Tamrielic Day would be plenty of Auction Horses. They could code it so that it rotates factions each day. One day in Daggerfall, next day in Aldmeri, the next day would be Ebonheart.

The problem with this concept, as it has been pointed out, is the MASS of people that would flock to this thing, so putting it near a city might not be the best idea. :hushed:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if PVP is enabled around the horse.

Would be the greatest thing in ESO.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    That would sound great! Have the horse go from the edge of the zone, walk to a city, rest, then walk out of the zone... but not appear in the adjacent zone the next day.

I think having only one Auction Horse that changes every Tamrielic Day would be plenty of Auction Horses. They could code it so that it rotates factions each day. One day in Daggerfall, next day in Aldmeri, the next day would be Ebonheart.

The problem with this concept, as it has been pointed out, is the MASS of people that would flock to this thing, so putting it near a city might not be the best idea. :hushed:

Yeah that could work perfectly as well. But remember the Auction Horse could have a resting time period, and in that period the auction horse is unavailable, then he walks of and it will only work if the auction horse is on the road, that would evade that issue about people flocking in the main cities and villages.

P.s. people will complain anyways, is a mater of finding the best fun solution, besides the old boring action house and adapt to it.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on March 21, 2015 3:03PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanniBoi wrote: »

Yeah that could work perfectly as well. But remember the Auction Horse could have a resting time period, and in that period the auction horse is unavailable, then he walks of and it will only work if the auction horse is on the road, that would evade that issue about people flocking in the main cities and villages.

P.s. people will complain anyways, is a mater of finding the best fun solution, besides the old boring action house and adapt to it.

BRILLIANT I love it... elegant and respectful of the Auction Horse's need to relax! It would be funny to see the Auction Horse leave a trail of people behind it where people stopped as they accessed the Auction Horse but the horse kept moving down the road. Unless when someone "uses" the Auction Horse their character disappears and only reappears when they leave the Auction Horse.

This could be designed so that only when the Auction Horse is stationary can it be accessed and have it stop from time to time along its route and stop for the longest period of time outside of a city.

Also, how would kicking people out work? Once the Auction Horse reaches the city or the edge of the map, everyone is given 60 seconds to wrap up their transactions and then they get booted?
    Edited by Gidorick on March 21, 2015 4:14PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really expected this to just by a typo. But having seen the idea I have to say I love it!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    BRILLIANT I love it... elegant and respectful of the Auction Horse's need to relax! It would be funny to see the Auction Horse leave a trail of people behind it where people stopped as they accessed the Auction Horse but the horse kept moving down the road. Unless when someone "uses" the Auction Horse their character disappears and only reappears when they leave the Auction Horse.

Also, how would kicking people out work? Once the Auction Horse reaches the city or the edge of the map, everyone is given 60 seconds to wrap up their transactions and then they get booted?

Well I don't know about that trail of people, but yeah 60 seconds is more than enough before the Auction Horse move along. But the Auction Horse will only be available to access, as soon as he hits the main roads (meaning he gets out of the cities and villages) so ppl don't flock the cities/villages now that the auction horse is moving and the time of waiting is up.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally thought this was a typo, but after reading now I am totally for this idea!

LOL. You're not the only one!
    Danikat wrote: »
    I really expected this to just by a typo. But having seen the idea I have to say I love it!

The idea actually started with me seeing yet another auction house thread pop up and me saying sarcastically to myself, "We don't need an auction house... maybe an auction HORSE... heheh... wait..."
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! This would be fun.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    suggested back in beta
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    suggested back in beta

REALLY? an Auction HORSE was suggested back in beta? lol. awesome! I did a search and this is what I found:
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    IMO the game needs an auction horse...That would be awesome, we would call him Mr. Ed..

I wonder if this @rdfarley89 guy is still playing. We seem to have a similar sense of humor. :lol:
    Edited by Gidorick on March 21, 2015 7:17PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.