The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Needs an Auction Horse (Expanded Concept)

• 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea!!!
  • b_archaonpreeb18_ESO
    Yesssss!! Make it happen!

Have it change zone every 5 minutes. I can also appear inside delves and random houses. In this way, you get an auction house if you luck out, without being able to buy anything anytime.

It would also promote team play. There would be teams of people acrtively looking for the auction horse!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssss!! Make it happen!

Have it change zone every 5 minutes. I can also appear inside delves and random houses. In this way, you get an auction house if you luck out, without being able to buy anything anytime.

It would also promote team play. There would be teams of people acrtively looking for the auction horse!

lol... every 5 minutes eh? That's pretty quick! and in homes and delves? Nice! lol.

With it changing zones every day I would assume we would end up with people tweeting out its location so that people can know where to look for it. People would post on the forums and reddit where the Auction Horse is today. It would be a fun little meta game.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Time to see if this idea has legs.

And if it doesn't...

Auction Netch.

I like where this is going

Auction Stiltstrider! Awesome!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • b_archaonpreeb18_ESO
    But you can't fit a silt strider in a house!!

Or... can you? :*
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome :)
    Edited by WhiskyBob on March 21, 2015 10:13PM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »

And if it doesn't...

Auction Netch.

What's next? A Merchant Mudcrab?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you can't fit a silt strider in a house!!

Or... can you? :*

Maybe a Tower..?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Andru
    Andru
    Soul Shriven
    Gidorick wrote: »
    ESO should implement an Auction Horse....

An auction horse? Neeeigh.

• RealRobD
    RealRobD
    ✭✭✭
    Could be an Auction Cat for all I care. Globalization is the key. The current implementation is terrible.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RealRobD wrote: »
    Could be an Auction Cat for all I care. Globalization is the key. The current implementation is terrible.

Sure.. The auction house is global in the sense that it goes all over the place. all the auction items could be considered to be ON the Auction Horse. You wouldn't be able to access the Auctions unless you actually FIND the Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• b_archaonpreeb18_ESO

He's right. Globalization is the key. Avoiding it, that is. New suggestion: The auction horse only gives access to 50 random guild shops. Guildies will know when their store is "horsed" and they'll be compelled to find it and recommend it in zone chats or twitter.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick I had another good brain storm about this Auction Horse

For purposes of immersion or a better immersion, this Auction Horse can be driven by a horseman in a wooden cart. And then instead of a loner horse, he could be accompanied by this horseman in the carrier <---- (I think that is the word right?)

Now for the for purposes of arriving in the main cities/villages, he could stay in a relaxing pose and the horse obviously eating grass, in a stable from each cities /villages that allows the horse to relax equal to the horseman. So the timer of those 60 seconds can begging, and then when someone tries to use the Auction Horse while he is resting/relaxing the horseman could say something like.

"Sorry, I we have 60 seconds to rest give us a break, wait until I hit the road." (Some example of what he could say)

The when they hit the main roads now they are operational, but obviously like we stated in the past posts only when he is out of range from the main cities/villages and the stables.

P.s. Something like this would bring more life to this game and a reason to really have a cool Auction Horse instead of that same old same Auction House.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on March 22, 2015 1:43PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just say implement an auction house. This is what it is.
    All I would have to do is ask in zone "where is the horse today?" boom access to auction house.
    This would also go against the guild kiosks currently and diminish their value greatly.

Bad idea.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    How about we also get Auction ***? It's for the non-traveling type and we can still keep the horse and they sound alike...

Bummer
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on March 22, 2015 1:50PM
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    All I would have to do is ask in zone "where is the horse today?" boom access to auction house.
    This would also go against the guild kiosks currently and diminish their value greatly.

Bad idea.

That is why I stated before that It will be perfect to have a horse in each map so it could be better in perspective of not having to wait long times/hours for one simple auction horse. Each map have is own Auction Horse. (heck it could be multiple horses in each map)
    the fact that there are to many main roads and they then could be found easy (if that is the problem)

And they can tackle the fact that the guild trading system might be suffering for this auction horse. In which case I see why not. You say that, why not simple have an auction house?

Well what is the difference between the auction horse and the house against the guild trading? (besides that one is moving and the other is not)... they both are the same, to sell stuff. So they both will be competing against this guild trading anyways. The fact that it is called Guild Trading that could work for guild traders, that doesn't mean that they would suffer for a Auction Horse or a Auction House.

P.s. I don't see why many gamer's like to stay in the hold ways and not try new and fun perspective. (I say this whit respect despite how you might read it. I am not trying to make a fight.)

Edited by Donum-Dei on March 22, 2015 2:04PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad idea.

You're right! I don't personally zip around the map using wayshrines so I forget that anyone can just teleport to wherever whenever. This would have to benefit I actually like the idea suggested by @b_archaonpreeb18_ESO

He's right. Globalization is the key. Avoiding it, that is. New suggestion: The auction horse only gives access to 50 random guild shops. Guildies will know when their store is "horsed" and they'll be compelled to find it and recommend it in zone chats or twitter.

This idea could be expanded by a feature that could be added to Guild Traders... which is Bartering. When a player puts an item up for sale in the Guild Store they are given the option to allow Bartering. Bartered items are given a number of days, set by the player, in which they would like to sell their item and they set their selling price. All players are given the option to buy a bartered item for the selling price but once an offer is made, the selling price disappears and the auction begins.

At the end of the amount of time the player has set for their item to sell, they receive their item back, as they do now, but with the additional option to accept the highest Bartered Offer. Players do NOT have to accept this offer and since the selling price was removed it could be higher than they were asking for.

Now, with the Auction Horse... no one should be able to add to the Auction Horse. The Auction Horse ONLY shows bartered items and ONLY from guilds that have paid their tribute to Clavicus Vile. Additionally, only guilds that are currently being supported through Guild Traders are able to make tribute to Clavicus Vile.

This way it's not an "auction house" but more a mobile multi-guild trader. I welcome any additional suggestions on this.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 22, 2015 2:11PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanniBoi wrote: »

Bad idea.

That is why I stated before that It will be perfect to have a horse in each map so it could be better in perspective of not having to wait long times/hours for one simple auction horse. Each map have is own Auction Horse. (heck it could be multiple horses in each map)
    the fact that there are to many main roads and they then could be found easy (if that is the problem)

I am personally against the idea of multiple Auction Horses. The elusiveness of this horse is one of its 'features'. Adding more would remove the allure and mystique of the Auction Horse! :confused:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    I am personally against the idea of multiple Auction Horses. The elusiveness of this horse is one of its 'features'. Adding more would remove the allure and mystique of the Auction Horse! :confused:

Oh no I know your point, believe me when I say that I understood your point really about one Auction Horse. It could really work, I give that perspective as an example.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »

And if it doesn't...

Auction Netch.

What's next? A Merchant Mudcrab?

Lol. I see what you did there.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 23, 2015 12:41PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, using some input from this thread I've updated the OP to incorporate bartering, The Guild Traders, and tributes to Clavicus Vile. These things help bring this concept more in line with what has been established in ESO while giving players who want an auction options some opportunities to partake in an auction-type system.

Any thoughts on the expanded suggestion?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was talking to a friend of mine about this concept and he suggested it should be a Mule. I chucked at the name "The Bartering Mule" but then, much like the inception if this concept, thought it was perfect!

thnhcw3dfj.jpg

Since Bartering isn't quite Auctioning, it makes sense to use an animal that isn't quite like a horse. The pun remains, but subtly and the term "auction" wouldn't be misrepresented in the horse's... Errr... mule's name.

What do you think?

Bartering Mule instead of Auction Horse?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like it would be amazing if for no other reason than being ridiculously amusing and a fantastic way to make people get out and wander the realm.

Auction Horse gets my vote.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Krayor
    Krayor
    ✭✭✭
    This would only be acceptable if players were given a special stick to beat the horse to death. :tongue:
    The ESO Economy screams, "major afterthought with little effort put into it!"
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea wins the internet.

+1
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nay, I vote for Auction Horse. Would be fun to chase him every third day through entire province :smile:
    Bartering sounds too complicated for me. Keep it simple.

⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Nay, I vote for Auction Horse. Would be fun to chase him every third day through entire province :smile:

Lol. It would function the same way, just be named differently. Chasing the horse around does sound pretty fun, Doesn't it? :smiley:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayor wrote: »
    This would only be acceptable if players were given a special stick to beat the horse to death. :tongue:

that's a completely separate idea where dead horses are positioned around Tamriel to act as Targeting dummies. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Lol. It would function the same way, just be named differently. Chasing the horse around does sound pretty fun, Doesn't it? :smiley:

I was thinking about this: here. Little too complicated for me, but maybe I'm a dummy :p
    I like the idea with the tribute for Clavicus Vile from guilds - that could be an easy way to put the guild items on auction, without playing the hide an seek with the Horse :wink: But only for guilds, for a hefty monthly? tribute - and without the "bartering" part (unnecessary, IMHO).
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.