The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Needs an Auction Horse (Expanded Concept)

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can have an in-game crown store I don't see why we can't have an in-game auction horse. Maybe even have it be summon-able with a hotbind key to make it as easy to access as the crown store while playing.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ESO needs an auction house like EVERY OTHER MMO OUT THERE. Non of this stupid can only sell to guildies bs. Just have an AH area in every capitol city and be done with all these stupid ideas.
    Edited by biovitalb16_ESO on July 25, 2015 8:23PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Auction HOUSE makes no sense in the context of the Elder Scrolls. If you want ESO to play like "EVERY OTHER MMO OUT THERE" @biovitalb16_ESO, why not just go play one of those other MMOs?

EDIT:I hate those kinds of responses. Sorry about that.

A lot of us like that ESO is different. Just because something is done one way in other games doesn't mean it's right for ESO.

Edited by Gidorick on July 25, 2015 8:42PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    An Auction HOUSE makes no sense in the context of the Elder Scrolls. If you want ESO to play like "EVERY OTHER MMO OUT THERE" @biovitalb16_ESO, why not just go play one of those other MMOs?

A lot of us like that ESO is different. Just because something is done one way in other games doesn't mean it's right for ESO.

ESO is not an Elder Scrolls game. It's an MMO with Elder Scrolls paint.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this statement. Regrettably.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso doesnt need an auction hourse.

There is not enough "rare and valuable" items in here to justify a need for a global auction house.

If it was to be released in game it would be filled from top to bottom with useless crap listed by noobs, common goods avaliable everywhere else or junk items noone needs put up there just for lulz.

When something is public its sucks and is going to end up as one big junk.

I like guild trader system. It makes you think twice before posting something and is avaliable to those who actually have something to sell (Because if there would be 0 sales in guild then every trader would be bought at great loss/waste of profit).
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is not enough "rare and valuable" items in here to justify a need for a global auction house.

If it was to be released in game it would be filled from top to bottom with useless crap listed by noobs, common goods avaliable everywhere else or junk items noone needs put up there just for lulz.

I like guild trader system. It makes you think twice before posting something and is avaliable to those who actually have something to sell (Because if there would be 0 sales in guild then every trader would be bought at great loss/waste of profit).

I just wasted two days trying to find a low level recipe through all the guild traders and came up empty. If I wanted purple motifs and deadra hearts, well I would have been in luck. I just quit a trade guild because they are forcing members to only offer high end stuff. So far, the guild traders have been useless and a big waste of my time.

There is a market for everything.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Auction Horse would only draw the best of the best traders... since additional money needs to be committed to be displayed in the auction horse.

And your spelling of "Auction Hourse" made me laugh...
    fEMa10L.png?1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Vampire-Mk2
    +1 for this idea.
    Yeah I used to live in Skyrim. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2776352-5018973633-tumbl.gif
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • alanspurlock_ESO
    You know.... I did make a ebay style auction house website during launch....

Didn't take off though...... everyone thought it was a gold site lmao.

Plus... without an API... it was just a mess.

You could list your item, set starting bid, buy it now, leave feed back all the bells and whistles.

Then you would just simply COD in game.

I guess... if there are people that would use it now, I could make it again. Still have it saved to my computer.
    Edited by alanspurlock_ESO on August 11, 2015 4:05PM
    Technical Artist for Skill Check. Creator of The Legend of Kilgore MMO and Pocket Survival.
    Yes..... I can one man an mmorpg dev team :P
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason we can't demand for an ES game with MMO paint. Or, you know, a healthy combination of both. ;)
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Lol awesome <3
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea. Much more interesting than a lame Auction House.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't hurt my eyes. Those tiny texts has been enough.

And just finished the cp free campaign, then more ppl would go to pvp. This fancy stuff wouldn't help new/casual players without decent trading guilds to sell their things. You could lure/force ppl into pvp, but after they died a few hundred times, your fancy new stuff just had to get laid waste.
    Edited by NGP on September 14, 2015 6:40AM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Auction Horse... does sound like a great idea, fun too! I can imagine how it would be though, someone spots the horse, posts its location here or zone chat and then there's a sudden rush of 100 players running to whichever path its currently walking xD
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a Cult of the Auction Horse form up and have players just following it from zone to zone selling their wares.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Auction Horse... does sound like a great idea, fun too! I can imagine how it would be though, someone spots the horse, posts its location here or zone chat and then there's a sudden rush of 100 players running to whichever path its currently walking xD
    tonemd wrote: »
    Would love to see a Cult of the Auction Horse form up and have players just following it from zone to zone selling their wares.

Both of these things would be awesome! :lol:

What if ZOS even made bandit troops follow the Horse too, so you had to fight your way to the Auction Horse?!?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if ZOS even made bandit troops follow the Horse too, so you had to fight your way to the Auction Horse?!?

This would be cool, if it was a randomized event so you wouldn't always have to deal with aggro to get to the horse.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »

This would be cool, if it was a randomized event so you wouldn't always have to deal with aggro to get to the horse.

Yea. I agree with that. I'm not so keen on the idea that I'm going to add it to the OP. Just a passing thought, really.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    We have guild stores/traders .. We don't need an AH and become more like other mmo's
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the ONLY way to access the Auction Horse is to FIND the one Auction Horse as it wanders Tamriel.
    Bah!

Give the job to M'aiq. :smiley:

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milktray wrote: »
    We have guild stores/traders .. We don't need an AH and become more like other mmo's

You do realise this isn't about an auction HOUSE, right?
    Violynne wrote: »
    Again, the ONLY way to access the Auction Horse is to FIND the one Auction Horse as it wanders Tamriel.
    Bah!

Give the job to M'aiq. :smiley:

Only if there is a chance the item you buy is a lie and you get nothing in the mail but a note from M'aiq with some lame excuse. :naughty:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Blairy087
    Blairy087
    ✭✭✭
    I want It Now!!!!! please??

I think someone said it before but couldn't find the post to quote it if it wasn't then,
    Incorporating the actual Guild Traders (Random Number Of Traders Each Day) into the auction horse would be fantastic this way it could possibly stop the monopoly happening and also doesn't make them a thing of the past. ( i like having to search through them every now and again).
    I just wanna be there the first time it loads up and watch the zerg in all its glory. :smiley:

Haha It was in the ops original post........ :neutral:
    My Bad
    Edited by Blairy087 on September 16, 2015 8:28AM
  • PinoZino
    PinoZino
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, great thread.

What if one killed the horse?
    Founder of Tradelodge, a trade guild operating on the European Megaserver for Playstation®4.

Visit our website: http://tradelodge.blogspot.com/
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeeeeh, no thanks, we don't need to invent another wheel.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PinoZino wrote: »
    lol, great thread.

It's the horse of Clavicus Vile, so it can't be killed! Now a griefing mechanic that would give the horse a VERY low percent chance (like 0.25%) of being spooked if attacked. If spooked it runs away and doesn't return until the next day. heheh... people would be so mad. :naughty:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    PinoZino wrote: »
    lol, great thread.

It's the horse of Clavicus Vile, so it can't be killed! Now a griefing mechanic that would give the horse a VERY low percent chance (like 0.25%) of being spooked if attacked. If spooked it runs away and doesn't return until the next day. heheh... people would be so mad. :naughty:

Good Answer!
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Can we have a Camel Auction House! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai
This discussion has been closed.