The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Needs an Auction Horse (Expanded Concept)

• Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    ESO have more then one auction houses. :D And i like that system.
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Keepercraft... H.O.R.S.E.

Horse.

Like... equine. Yea, it's a pun, but a serious concept!

#AuctionHorseESO
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Even Neverwinter the most rubbish MMO ever has an Auction House!
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even Neverwinter the most rubbish MMO ever has an Auction House!

This isn't for an Auction House... it's for an Auction HORSE.

HORSE.... like this:
    horse2.jpg
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    Change the horse to a horse drawn covered wagon that has one of viles minions inside playing the role of merchant and you explain why players disappear from the game world when using it . would also be nice if players would find themselves at random points along the road when they leave the wagon after conducting their business .
    while at the town Viles minion would be walking around town getting new wares to sell(getting a list of things for sale from the guild traders who payed the fee)

only major drawback to this idea is that ZOS would be the ones coding it , so we would be spending the next year trying to get major bugs in it fixed .
    Edited by DanielMaxwell on October 18, 2015 8:14PM
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    I see this started as a joke, and it should stay a joke.

Stop spamming this garbage picture on other threads. This lore-unfriendly, strange and unpleasant thing is not the solution to the horrible guild stores we have at the moment. I don't want to see zone spam about "where is the auction horse atm?" consistently for the rest of my play time.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input @Cadelay. I think many people would disagree with you about the lore friendliness, strangeness, and unpleasantness of the Auction Horse.

I do, however, completely get that it could be perceived as being lore unfriendly... since it is a pseudo auction-house type system. I tried to address that with the inclusion of Clavisus Vile and alms that must be paid to him to have your guild represented by the Auction Horse. :wink:

As for posting the flyer: Wherever there is a cry for an auction house... the Auction Horse will be found! At least on these forums anyway. :lol:
    Edited by Gidorick on October 18, 2015 9:53PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible fail idea, smells of troll

we dont need a large scale auction house.

the economy is ruined enough.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i3ig_Gun wrote: »

What about the idea is "fail" @i3ig_Gun? The fact that bartering would be enabled? The fact that many guild stores would be filtered into one source? The fact that I suggest there only be one? Or that it moves?

You're free to not like the idea, just be a bit more productive and let us know what you don't like about it.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

What about the idea is "fail" @i3ig_Gun? The fact that bartering would be enabled? The fact that many guild stores would be filtered into one source? The fact that I suggest there only be one? Or that it moves?

You're free to not like the idea, just be a bit more productive and let us know what you don't like about it.

The fact that your still trying to carry this idea into fruition.

As I just stated, this game, doesnt need a Large Scale Auction setting, period.

XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that your still trying to carry this idea into fruition.

As I just stated, this game, doesnt need a Large Scale Auction setting, period.

A huge auction house that represents all guilds?... yea. I actually agree with you on that.

This concept was born out of people's desires to be able to search multiple guilds at once, and their cries for an auction house. This is kind of a "middle ground" between the two.

Don't worry though... this idea has about as much likeliness of seeing the light of day as ZOS adding dragons as a playable race. Ain't gonna happen. My advertising of the Auction Horse is simply my response to when people ask for an auction house. If no one ever asked for an auction house again, you'd never again hear from me about the Auction Horse! :sweat_smile:

Edited by Gidorick on November 12, 2015 1:58AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Jeuynh
    Jeuynh
    ✭✭
    I'm all for the Auction Horse, but as @Cadelay stated, it would be quite annoying to see the zone chat being spammed with "Where is the Auction Horse?". I genuinely support the Auction Horse because I believe that it would be amazing! Walking while adventuring and all of a sudden you spot it. I can think of some changes that, for me personally, would benefit more people.

Changes and Concerns:
    - I think that anyone finding it should be able to barter their stuff whether or not they're in a guild.
    - It should also come to Cyrodiil (although I can see some problems with that).
    - Allow the Auction Horse to have guards around it (for roleplay purposes).
    - Make "stations" for the Auction Horse and make it so that there is a map for the pathways of the Auction Horse.

There will be flaws in some of my ideas, but I do support the idea of an Auction Horse! This has my vote.
    Jeuynh
    AD V16 Nightblade
    RÁGE Core | Venatus Member
    PC | NA | Aldmeri Dominion

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better Auction Horse spam than to garbage that's spammed there now ... :smiley:

I ended up whispering someone today who had a real question as what to do because the accidentally killed an innocent (and had asked nicely); all the replies from Zone were sarcastic, other rhetoric, and advice to go find another game to play.

All (the person) needed was to know where the option was in the settings menu and that they needed to wait out the bounty timer.

With that said, if background noise in zone chat that is actually relevant to the game is annoying, then I wonder what is thought of the off topic nonsense that's there now.

I too support the horse! Though I agree that ZOS isn't going to jump at the idea anytime soon, at least it 's a well thought out detailed white paper on a mechanic that would expand the current system without creating a true Global AC (which is bad ... M'kay?) :wink:
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cool Idea Gidorick. I want a Daedric Butler like I had in Skyrim. :P
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeuynh wrote: »
    I'm all for the Auction Horse, but as @Cadelay stated, it would be quite annoying to see the zone chat being spammed with "Where is the Auction Horse?". I genuinely support the Auction Horse because I believe that it would be amazing! Walking while adventuring and all of a sudden you spot it. I can think of some changes that, for me personally, would benefit more people.

Bind the auction house/horse to a specific key. Hit said key, the auction house/horse loads on screen, as an example, like we see with the crown store. Put in a proper search function so items can be searched by name. Obviously categories too, as seen within the guild trader system. List items in alphabetal order etc.
    A guide for accessing to auction house/horse could be added to the load screens.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    I fully expected this to be just a trolling thread, but I actually quite like this idea! +1
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Thanks @mamericus. The original concept started as a kind of troll. I was talking with a friend about how so many people are crying for an auction house and I was goofing about how funny it would be if ZOS added an Auction HORSE to troll on everyone wanting an auction house... Then I started to think "how would work?".

After some thought I came up with this idea which I really like and think would be a pretty unique addition to ESO. Thanks for putting your support behind it. The fact that the idea was posted March 21st, 2015 and ZOS has never acknowledged its existence in any way tells me they aren't interested. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    ...The fact that the idea was posted March 21st, 2015 and ZOS has never acknowledged its existence in any way tells me they aren't interested. :wink:

Well, you know, people get fired and hired all the time... so there's always hope. :wink:
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mamericus wrote: »
    ...The fact that the idea was posted March 21st, 2015 and ZOS has never acknowledged its existence in any way tells me they aren't interested. :wink:

Well, you know, people get fired and hired all the time... so there's always hope. :wink:

True! There WAS a changing of the guard since I posted this concept.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    ZoS you might as well give it to them. You have done everything else for these people so go for it. :smiley:

Woo hoo! Auction Horse here we come! I wonder what they will name the horse... something clever like... "Steve" I hope. :wink:

"His name is Susan and he would like you respect his life choices" -- The Eleventh Doctor
    Edited by Markaeus on November 12, 2015 1:44AM
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Markaeus wrote: »
    BigM wrote: »
    ZoS you might as well give it to them. You have done everything else for these people so go for it. :smiley:

Woo hoo! Auction Horse here we come! I wonder what they will name the horse... something clever like... "Steve" I hope. :wink:

"His name is Susan and he would like you respect his life choices" -- The Eleventh Doctor

:smiley:
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I kill dis horse and LEWT it? Like bandits are also part of lore?
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Can I kill dis horse and LEWT it? Like bandits are also part of lore?

Being that it's a familiar of Clavicus Vile... I doubt it. :smirk:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All Hail the Horse
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick

As much i like your idea and i think it nice one how would that benefit guilds that is under 50 member i would see that ALL guild no matter how many member the have can use the "Auction Horse" that way everyone can benefit from sell there thing on "Auction Horse".

I think if the "Auction Horse" get put into game it should be open to everyone that is in a guild no matter what size the guild are for i think it is shame the ZoS only care for big guild for the are those guild and those people that is only in real life friends guild and those guild tend not to be so big in membership.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PinoZino wrote: »
    lol, great thread.

What if one killed the horse?

It's the horse of Clavicus Vile, so it can't be killed! Now a griefing mechanic that would give the horse a VERY low percent chance (like 0.25%) of being spooked if attacked. If spooked it runs away and doesn't return until the next day. heheh... people would be so mad. :naughty:

Oh that's just begging to be trolled.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swear to akatosh I read that horse being a typo for house
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    @Gidorick

As much i like your idea and i think it nice one how would that benefit guilds that is under 50 member i would see that ALL guild no matter how many member the have can use the "Auction Horse" that way everyone can benefit from sell there thing on "Auction Horse".

I think if the "Auction Horse" get put into game it should be open to everyone that is in a guild no matter what size the guild are for i think it is shame the ZoS only care for big guild for the are those guild and those people that is only in real life friends guild and those guild tend not to be so big in membership.

I disagree @Wolfshead . This concept is for an extension of the guild stores.... by doing what you're suggesting we would pretty much be opening up a global auction house with one transient access point.

You get points for trying to subvert the concept into a Global Auction House though! :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Ziare0
    Ziare0
    This Idea sounds awesome!! Its just so Unique. Like I can Imagine in the game the npcs will also be like "Yeah you heard me I said horse not House." It's just a funny concept. take that other mmorpgs.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    @Gidorick

I disagree @Wolfshead . This concept is for an extension of the guild stores.... by doing what you're suggesting we would pretty much be opening up a global auction house with one transient access point.

You get points for trying to subvert the concept into a Global Auction House though! :wink:

And why is not ok to make a Global Auction Horse honest if the only is 1 zone per day and let all guild that have more then 15 member be allowed use i dont see the problem for what you suggest is basically samething but your suggest do not allowed all guild right to use and honest that is stupid think about.

Beside for "Global Auction House" it need to link to more then 1 place you need to link to 3 city one city in each factions but your "Auction Horse" only link to 1 zone per day so therefore it cant be a "Global Auction House" and your "Auction Horse" is not factions bound it is neutral Auction so therefore everyone should have right to use.

Also if get your idea right any guild from any factions can use your "Auction Horse" which mean basically that any play from any factions can buy from it right therefore is not your "Auction Horse" sell thing to any factions then and is that as you call a "Global Auction House" for if anyone from any factions can buy from your "Auction Horse" then you already have a "Global Auction House"?? but i can have missunderstand your idea.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
This discussion has been closed.