The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Screenshot] 50% "Experience Booster" - ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    The fact is that if nothing is done to level the playing field in terms of character balance/capability PvP will never grow in this game because new players and casual players are not going to find it enjoyable. I'm sure there are others ways to accomplish this, but exp/ap boosts through the cash shop is probably the easiest way and surely the most profitable.

Except that these potions are going to be open to all. This means that hardcore 12 hour/day players are going to be able to buy them too and extend the gap. XP boosters are a mechanic that encourages differentiation, not removes it.

Except yet again, the champion point system is a system of diminishing returns and in many instances that "gap" is rather meaningless. A 1500CP player vs a 1000CP player is much less meaningful and dominant than a 500CP player vs a 0CP player. Are there some tweaks and adjustments that need to be made to the new system? Absolutely, and ZOS can address those when necessary.

and once again, you fail to realize those "diminishing returns" are no where near as effective as you clearly think they are.

Bottom line, I am all for XP/AP boosts and I am of the opinion that it would give new players a chance to compete, or heaven forbid gain experience doing something they actually enjoy, instead of being forced into specific content or grind spots to progress their character. Hardcore players are always going to be advantaged and rightfully so due to the time they put into the game. There shouldn't be anything wrong with a casual player being able to compete.That is my opinion on the matter, and you are welcome to yours.

Adding xp boosts which everyone has access to regardless of their total lifetime xp accrued and as long as they open their wallet is not the solution. My opinion on that is when the gap begins to be a large problem (could be long after it arises or they could never do this) then newer players below a certain Champion Rank will receive a type of enhanced enlightenment to help them get caught up.

That's all speculation though really. It would have been better to base the Champion System on something besides straight xp gain. It was the easiest method but maybe not the most appropriate. Who knows if they even have a catch up mechanism planned yet.

It would be better if ZOS just chimes in and lets the community know what's up for sure. :)
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Soulshine wrote: »
    I hopes its a fake, with champion system this is definatelly a pay to win item.
    It's most certainly not a fake.
    Screenshot from the game. Discuss.

KDSseQS.png

ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

Thanks in advance.

Can you elaborate on where you got this?

It's in the game currently. It's just not available on the Crown Store yet. Each item in the game has an ID though. Find that ID and it will show you the item if you put it into chat. It's similar to how we tentatively know which items that will added to the crown store. Mounts, pets, costumes etc.

So again, where did you get it? From what place/drop? Or you just entered a number someone datamined?

They aren't available in-game yet so they are not dropped. They will not be dropped as far as we know either. They will be found in the Crown Store.

If you would like to see another thread with items that could be coming soon you can check out this one:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/156243/unseen-upcoming-crown-store-items/p1

You can datamine the client or just type in IDs if you're bored and waiting for a group. It doesn't grant exploration xp but you can find some interesting things. Just like in other environments there are various ways of gathering data.

Just as a FYI type of thing. Data mining is not against the TOS but the information found is of course subject to change and that is reinforced by this statement from the Asst.Community Manager. That is the reason why we are requesting further information about this item and how it will be implemented along with the methods of obtaining it.
    Datamining information isn't illegal or against the TOS, but please understand that anything datamined isn't final and is subject to change.
    Source:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1582622#Comment_1582622

I just want to add to this and urge people to keep in mind that the possibility exists that this is an old item ID code existing within the code, even when the item itself has altered or scrapped completely. So we can't put 100% faith into this being legitimate anymore. Not until we get official word from ZOS(likely something tomorrow).

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaldar wrote: »
    If they put a cap of 4-5 CP per day, I wouldn't have a problem with it because it would allow casuals to keep up a bit. But without a cap all those college kids living off mom and dad, the basement rats and the homeless people playing at the library trading foodstamps for crowns will be unstoppable!!!!

Those library dwellers and their wifi :trollface::tongue:
    Options
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they put a cap of 4-5 CP per day, I wouldn't have a problem with it because it would allow casuals to keep up a bit. But without a cap all those college kids living off mom and dad, the basement rats and the homeless people playing at the library trading foodstamps for crowns will be unstoppable!!!!

I agree that daily caps on points could be a good thing. I do think if boosters are put in, either the system needs to be adjusted to a certain degree or some fail safes need to be put in place. The thing is that right now everything is conjecture, and for all we know they could already be planning some of these changes.

Options
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    The fact is that if nothing is done to level the playing field in terms of character balance/capability PvP will never grow in this game because new players and casual players are not going to find it enjoyable. I'm sure there are others ways to accomplish this, but exp/ap boosts through the cash shop is probably the easiest way and surely the most profitable.

Except that these potions are going to be open to all. This means that hardcore 12 hour/day players are going to be able to buy them too and extend the gap. XP boosters are a mechanic that encourages differentiation, not removes it.

Except yet again, the champion point system is a system of diminishing returns and in many instances that "gap" is rather meaningless. A 1500CP player vs a 1000CP player is much less meaningful and dominant than a 500CP player vs a 0CP player. Are there some tweaks and adjustments that need to be made to the new system? Absolutely, and ZOS can address those when necessary.

and once again, you fail to realize those "diminishing returns" are no where near as effective as you clearly think they are.

Bottom line, I am all for XP/AP boosts and I am of the opinion that it would give new players a chance to compete, or heaven forbid gain experience doing something they actually enjoy, instead of being forced into specific content or grind spots to progress their character. Hardcore players are always going to be advantaged and rightfully so due to the time they put into the game. There shouldn't be anything wrong with a casual player being able to compete.That is my opinion on the matter, and you are welcome to yours.

Adding xp boosts which everyone has access to regardless of their total lifetime xp accrued and as long as they open their wallet is not the solution. My opinion on that is when the gap begins to be a large problem (could be long after it arises or they could never do this) then newer players below a certain Champion Rank will receive a type of enhanced enlightenment to help them get caught up.

That's all speculation though really. It would have been better to base the Champion System on something besides straight xp gain. It was the easiest method but maybe not the most appropriate. Who knows if they even have a catch up mechanism planned yet.

It would be better if ZOS just chimes in and lets the community know what's up for sure. :)

Why WOULD they say anything, there is nothing else to say. They had this planned from the start. the onyl thing they could say that would help them AT ALL is one of four things, none of them being likely: either the XP potion idea is going to be scrapped (best thing to happen), the XP boost will be dimished down to around 10%, the XP potions can be bought for a non-insane amount of gold, OR that it will not effect the Champion system at all.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that daily caps on points could be a good thing. I do think if boosters are put in, either the system needs to be adjusted to a certain degree or some fail safes need to be put in place. The thing is that right now everything is conjecture, and for all we know they could already be planning some of these changes.

I do not agree with daily caps. Many of us have work and lives and cannot play everyday but can play for long periods of time in one go if our schedules allow for it. Weekly caps would be better.... maybe.
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

It's in the game currently. It's just not available on the Crown Store yet. Each item in the game has an ID though. Find that ID and it will show you the item if you put it into chat. It's similar to how we tentatively know which items that will added to the crown store. Mounts, pets, costumes etc.

So again, where did you get it? From what place/drop? Or you just entered a number someone datamined?

They aren't available in-game yet so they are not dropped. They will not be dropped as far as we know either. They will be found in the Crown Store.

If you would like to see another thread with items that could be coming soon you can check out this one:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/156243/unseen-upcoming-crown-store-items/p1

You can datamine the client or just type in IDs if you're bored and waiting for a group. It doesn't grant exploration xp but you can find some interesting things. Just like in other environments there are various ways of gathering data.

Just as a FYI type of thing. Data mining is not against the TOS but the information found is of course subject to change and that is reinforced by this statement from the Asst.Community Manager. That is the reason why we are requesting further information about this item and how it will be implemented along with the methods of obtaining it.
    Datamining information isn't illegal or against the TOS, but please understand that anything datamined isn't final and is subject to change.
    Source:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1582622#Comment_1582622

I just want to add to this and urge people to keep in mind that the possibility exists that this is an old item ID code existing within the code, even when the item itself has altered or scrapped completely. So we can't put 100% faith into this being legitimate anymore. Not until we get official word from ZOS(likely something tomorrow).

Brandalf,

I know you're not a fan of datamining as in the other thread you were publicly against it however it is still indeed included in the database which means it is indeed in the game in one form or another. :) Sure, it's not final and shouldn't be considered final. That's common knowledge but it's still worth bring to the attention of the community that it does exist in some shape or form and it does in fact offer some key parameters we are interested in. Those being potential duration, cooldown, magnitude, continuity type and item name. If it weren't even a possibility then chances are it wouldn't exist. In fact, we do have confirmation that XP Boosters do exist and probably will be a thing from the Road Ahead document but their methods of obtaining them have been convoluted and some parameters mentioned before were not announced.

I'd love a clarification or details from ZOS though as stated in the original post. I mean we all know something like this is coming. Why not just open up about it? Is there doubt in their minds? We don't know but we want to know.

Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not agree with daily caps. Many of us have work and lives and cannot play everyday but can play for long periods of time in one go if our schedules allow for it. Weekly caps would be better.... maybe.

Weekly caps could be a great discussion topic to explore. I'm not sure if I'd be in support or against them but I can't argue that the thought could be entertained.
    Options
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭

No system is going to make everyone happy. People complain about Mara XP, ESO + XP, and no matter what the XP boost of a potion will be you can bet they will complain. It's best for ZOS to come in high and say we are adding 50% XP boosting pots. Once the community complains, they can say we listened to you and you are right.. it's now only 25%. ZOS gets what they want and looks good for listening to the community.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No system is going to make everyone happy. People complain about Mara XP, ESO + XP, and no matter what the XP boost of a potion will be you can bet they will complain. It's best for ZOS to come in high and say we are adding 50% XP boosting pots. Once the community complains, they can say we listened to you and you are right.. it's now only 25%. ZOS gets what they want and looks good for listening to the community.

k..... and....?
    Options
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭

k..... and....?

And if they add weekly or daily caps... someone will love it and someone will have individual circumstances as to why they hate either one. So either you let the grinders grind freely, hold everyone back to a crawl or you spend all day going in circles trying to make everyone happy.

EDIT: And the whole time ZOS isn't making money on the crown store and content is getting pushed back.
    Edited by Khaldar on March 20, 2015 4:19AM
    Options
  • Grigs
    Grigs
    ✭✭

Except XP boosts in a game like this can literally kill the game. This is not hyperbole either, the game is built around XP and champion systems. (XP) - A boost in a game like this is pay to win.

Very, very few people are cool with pay to win. The last thing this game (already a low reputation) needs is a pay to win stain on its armor.

XP boosts, are pay to win in this game. no ifs, ands, or buts. XP = power. My signature applies here 100%.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing... thinking about it... 50% isn't the problem. I mean, that looks like the issue, but it's not the specific problem here. The real problem with these potions is that people accrue XP at vastly different rates. In some cases that potion will be the difference between 4cp and in others it will be less than a single cp.

So, if you're looking at it, able to generate 4 CP an hour (like someone who shall not be called a chucklehead has suggested) then popping one of those potions would change 8 CP to 12. But, if you're playing the game, "as intended" it will be a difference of less than a single CP (all of this is while unenlightened). Since your two hours will effectively be worth three on the 1 per 4 hours metric.

Obviously, flat out selling 4 CP is a terrible idea. It may not strictly be pay to win, but it is close.

There is one really simple solution. Make the potions work on a similar system to enlightenment. You're buying X amount of XP. Let's say 100k. It doesn't simply give you that XP up front, however. It applies a +50% boost to your XP intake until you consume all 100k.

If you're grinding and actually pulling down 1600k an hour, then the potions will last ~14 minutes. If you're playing normally, and accruing 100k an hour, then it will last two hours.

You play 2 hours, receive 200k xp naturally, and the potion provides another 100k on top of that. You're not punished for having someone else in your group go AFK during a dungeon run, or because your cat just puked all over the dog. You're buying a specific bonus.

Right now, the suggested item would be horrifically broken when used by a grinder, and virtually worthless if used by someone who primarily PvPs.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's funny is the only reason I'd buy these pots is to use them when leveling a new character and during pvp.. Buying these for grinding pve will not change the fact that grinding pve is slow and boring as hell
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

k..... and....?

And if they add weekly or daily caps... someone will love it and someone will have individual circumstances as to why they hate either one. So either you let the grinders grind freely, hold everyone back to a crawl or you spend all day going in circles trying to make everyone happy.

EDIT: And the whole time ZOS isn't making money on the crown store and content is getting pushed back.

Yay, tell me something I don't already know, lol. I said "maybe" for a reason. Frankly, it is pretty ironic to me that NOW there is all this concern about XP caps, XP potions etc., when months ago even before the CS came out I got LOLd into oblivion for saying that tying it to XP was a mistake, that the already very visible XP nerfs to the game were going to get worse, and that XP potions were not far behind.

What did people expect was going to happen? They [snip] and moaned like there was no tomorrow about Vet Ranks as though they were demonic and now people are doing the same all over again about CS and ripping every player they can find who doesn't do what they think they should do.... The boat that everyone seems to miss is that the issue is not in playstyles and forcing limitations on everyone so they fit into one mold, but rather in how ZoS keeps making this freakin game so confoundedlty problematic again and again when it need not have been all for the sake of monetization, which in the end is going to sink everything.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 22, 2015 2:49AM
    Options
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make them to where they stop working above VR13 or something.

There, no reason to complain about that.
    Options
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭
    What's funny is the only reason I'd buy these pots is to use them when leveling a new character and during pvp.. Buying these for grinding pve will not change the fact that grinding pve is slow and boring as hell

I 100% agree. While there will be people who just have to grind 3600 CP, I myself do not have the time or desire to work that hard on a fictional character. BUT, I would gladly use them to boost an alt up to my other veteran toons. Then again, there is nothing really at V14 except rerolling :smiley:
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

Source:

Brandalf,

I know you're not a fan of datamining as in the other thread you were publicly against it however it is still indeed included in the database which means it is indeed in the game in one form or another. :) Sure, it's not final and shouldn't be considered final. That's common knowledge but it's still worth bring to the attention of the community that it does exist in some shape or form and it does in fact offer some key parameters we are interested in. Those being potential duration, cooldown, magnitude, continuity type and item name. If it weren't even a possibility then chances are it wouldn't exist. In fact, we do have confirmation that XP Boosters do exist and probably will be a thing from the Road Ahead document but their methods of obtaining them have been convoluted and some parameters mentioned before were not announced.

I'd love a clarification or details from ZOS though as stated in the original post. I mean we all know something like this is coming. Why not just open up about it? Is there doubt in their minds? We don't know but we want to know.

I am not against datamining in any way, not sure where you got that impression. All I ever said on the subject was that it was likely against the TOS(it usually is). That's all, I'm actually glad that ZOS allows it and it earns them some respect in my eyes.

I absolutely agree that we(the community) need to know about this and demand clarification and change(if it comes to that). The moment I saw this posted I sent the link to @Deltia in hopes he might make a video on the subject(whether he does is another store of course). Me and you are on the same "side" here, I just have a slightly different perspective and want to make sure people realize that just because an item code exists doesn't mean it's ever going to be implemented in the form that we see it in your screenshot.That's all.

Yes, we know XP booster are coming and there are far too few details for my liking. I'm not trying to downplay this or defend ZOS or anything like that. I'm just making sure people know how realiable(or potentially unreliable) datamining can be.

NerdSauce Gaming

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if they cost like 1500 crowns each? Would you be ok with em?
    Options
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    due to how the champion point system works.. this is lame as hell. this crap better be expensive as all hell. 2500 crowns atleast plz
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they cost like 1500 crowns each? Would you be ok with em?

Ironically? No. Trying to gate something like this through pricing is a loosing proposition. At $15 you'd be gating the game for whales, and telling the rest of us to kick rocks.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it goes into game as it is shown on screenshot - another reason to buy MK X or GTA 5.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would think judging by the reaction here might be an idea to not put a 50% one on the store. We shall see.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would think judging by the reaction here might be an idea to not put a 50% one on the store. We shall see.

Remember, we are not the "community" that ZOS listens to when making decisions.
    Options
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    NO! First you said it's 10% and now it's 50% ?! What the hell? I can see ZOS adding weapons and armor to the crown store :(
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow doing vDSA with that one stacked with all the other stuff is like 4-5 CP in one run :)

Personally I dont care if its in the game, if people will pay to win its just fine for me, cant see the big deal anyway. Its not like we earn real money at the end of the rainbow
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »
    NO! First you said it's 10% and now it's 50% ?! What the hell? I can see ZOS adding weapons and armor to the crown store :(

ZOS never said 10% or even commented on the increased rate at all for boosters. Everybody just assumed it would be that same value as the subscriber bonus.
    NerdSauce Gaming

Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it goes into game as it is shown on screenshot - another reason to buy MK X or GTA 5.

Im buying GTA regardless, and locking myself in for a week
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »

ZOS never said 10% or even commented on the increased rate at all for boosters. Everybody just assumed it would be that same value as the subscriber bonus.

Which doesn't excuse the 50% value. No offense.
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MKX? Hell ya. GTAV? Lol hell no.
    NerdSauce Gaming

Options