The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Screenshot] 50% "Experience Booster" - ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

• Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Buying power or enhancing the way it is accrued via the method of exclusive cash shop purchases is flawed. Especially if it affects competitive trial times or PvP. Your spending shouldn't determine your character strength.

I think it is equally flawed that character strength in PvP is determined by the amount of hours you are willing to spend/grind in PvE content.

The fact is that if nothing is done to level the playing field in terms of character balance/capability PvP will never grow in this game because new players and casual players are not going to find it enjoyable. I'm sure there are others ways to accomplish this, but exp/ap boosts through the cash shop is probably the easiest way and surely the most profitable.

Hardcore PvP players shouldn't feel threatened by casual/new characters being relatively strong as them, as they have countless hours of actual PvP experience and still hold a significant advantage.

Lag issues aside, if nothing changes, the gap will become so large that PvP will see relatively few new players and the hardcore players will continue to dissipate as they always do due to boredom or the next shiny new game that comes along.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS you are missing the real scam on these. Make them stackable.

1 potion = 50%
    2 potions = 75%
    3 potions = 90%
    4 potions = 100%

There now you can sell a discounted bundle pack of 4.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we have an answer to why the XP nerfs...
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hopes its a fake, with champion system this is definatelly a pay to win item.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not. Cool. I was hoping I could enjoy this game for a bit longer until the progression gap becomes too large, but it looks like I'll be out sooner than expected. Please let this be fake.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on March 20, 2015 2:08AM
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing affecting game pacing is OK to sell. Cosmetics only. I say this because i can't trust them not to tamper with the default rate of exp gain or make the leveling process more boring to drive people to purchase EXP boosters. This would NOT BE ACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARDS.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot from the game. Discuss.

KDSseQS.png

ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

Thanks in advance.

Can you elaborate on where you got this?
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's most certainly not a fake. It would be awesome if it was a fake and never made it's way into the game but that's not reality of their business. I expect these to be readily available as they are recurring expenses for players which equals recurring revenue.
    Soulshine wrote: »

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

It's in the game currently. It's just not available on the Crown Store yet. Each item in the game has an ID though. Find that ID and it will show you the item if you put it into chat. It's similar to how we tentatively know which items that will be added to the crown store. Mounts, pets, costumes etc.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 20, 2015 2:20AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's most certainly not a fake.

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

It's in the game currently. It's just not available on the Crown Store yet. Each item in the game has an ID though. Find that ID and it will show you the item if you put it into chat. It's similar to how we tentatively know which items that will added to the crown store. Mounts, pets, costumes etc.

So again, where did you get it? From what place/drop? Or you just entered a number someone datamined?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

It's in the game currently. It's just not available on the Crown Store yet. Each item in the game has an ID though. Find that ID and it will show you the item if you put it into chat. It's similar to how we tentatively know which items that will added to the crown store. Mounts, pets, costumes etc.
    Soulshine could have referred to the source of the screenshot, not the item itself. As I understand, you got it from a stream? Whose stream?
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZoS please do NOT do this.

Suru
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KDSseQS.png

Thanks in advance.

So again, where did you get it? From what place/drop? Or you just entered a number someone datamined?

They aren't available in-game yet so they are not dropped. They will not be dropped as far as we know either. They will be found in the Crown Store.

If you would like to see another thread with items that could be coming soon you can check out this one:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/156243/unseen-upcoming-crown-store-items/p1

You can datamine the client or just type in IDs if you're bored and waiting for a group. It doesn't grant exploration xp but you can find some interesting things. Just like in other environments there are various ways of gathering data.

Just as a FYI type of thing. Data mining is not against the TOS but the information found is of course subject to change and that is reinforced by this statement from the Asst.Community Manager. That is the reason why we are requesting further information about this item and how it will be implemented along with the methods of obtaining it.
    Datamining information isn't illegal or against the TOS, but please understand that anything datamined isn't final and is subject to change.
    Source:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1582622#Comment_1582622
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty clear what the intent is at this point, so I am not sure what is there left to discuss, let alone confirm. Firor pretty much let it fly in February anyway, so it isn't exactly news:

"I know there's some concern and discussion around what types of items you'll see in the Crown Store in the future, and I want to stress that our philosophy of convenience and customization will always be used to make the determination of what goes into the store and what doesn't. As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience. We're still discussing what convenience items we'll also make available for purchase in-game with gold. Nothing is defined yet, though."
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these are a real thing, you can say goodbye to LOTS of players. This would CLEARLY fall into the Pay to Win category. ESO, be the "White Knight" all of us MMO fans are looking for and do NOT ever add anything that's pay to win...please.
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty clear what the intent is at this point, so I am not sure what is there left to discuss, let alone confirm. Firor pretty much let it fly in February anyway, so it isn't exactly news:

"I know there's some concern and discussion around what types of items you'll see in the Crown Store in the future, and I want to stress that our philosophy of convenience and customization will always be used to make the determination of what goes into the store and what doesn't. As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience. We're still discussing what convenience items we'll also make available for purchase in-game with gold. Nothing is defined yet, though."

I think we all assumed the percentage would be like 10% bonus... not 50%... That's more the news than that an XP boost exists.

I can't say I'd NEVER use these... especially post level 50.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right he did mention it in that statement however the magnitude, duration and method of obtaining these outside of the Crown Store has yet to be announced and it's information that is being requested in this thread. The verbiage in that statement was actually altered from it's original form. The original statement essentially stated if it's a convenience item then it would be available to obtain via in-game gold or Crowns. This was changed to say that they are still discussing what items they will make available via in-game gold. I understand that sometimes they need to change things or they just want to see more revenue from the offering but I'd like some clarity after seeing conflicting statements. That isn't necessarily a bad thing to request either.

I personally hope these items have both an in-game gold and cash shop offering. I don't see a problem with investing in-game gold to make your character more powerful but that mindset is even offering some leeway on the subject
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 20, 2015 3:15AM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    The fact is that if nothing is done to level the playing field in terms of character balance/capability PvP will never grow in this game because new players and casual players are not going to find it enjoyable. I'm sure there are others ways to accomplish this, but exp/ap boosts through the cash shop is probably the easiest way and surely the most profitable.

Except that these potions are going to be open to all. This means that hardcore 12 hour/day players are going to be able to buy them too and extend the gap. XP boosters are a mechanic that encourages differentiation, not removes it.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% is way, way over the top. It's as close as you can get to P2W without selling gear in the cash shop. ZOS you should know better. This is far more than "convenience" at such an increased rate of XP gain it becomes required to remain competitive.

Even if these end up being obtainable through in-game gold it's far too much compared to players without any sort of XP bonuses.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh the way I see it..
    Grinding was giving 1000% more XP than other activities.
    Now Grinding is giving "only" 100-200% more XP lol.
    So what is another 50%? (If this is true)

Funny how people actually supported grinding spots, and cried over the nerfs..yet the can't accept XP potions in the crown store which pale in comparison of Grinding XP..
    Double Standards.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Meh the way I see it..

Funny how people actually supported grinding spots, and cried over the nerfs..yet the can't accept XP potions in the crown store which pale in comparison of Grinding XP..
    Double Standards.

Thsoe Grinding spots were AVailable to EVERYONE, not just people with money to spare. Also, You can use those pots ON those grinding spots.....

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 22, 2015 1:43AM
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Except that these potions are going to be open to all. This means that hardcore 12 hour/day players are going to be able to buy them too and extend the gap. XP boosters are a mechanic that encourages differentiation, not removes it.

Except yet again, the champion point system is a system of diminishing returns and in many instances that "gap" is rather meaningless. A 1500CP player vs a 1000CP player is much less meaningful and dominant than a 500CP player vs a 0CP player. Are there some tweaks and adjustments that need to be made to the new system? Absolutely, and ZOS can address those when necessary.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except yet again, the champion point system is a system of diminishing returns and in many instances that "gap" is rather meaningless. A 1500CP player vs a 1000CP player is much less meaningful and dominant than a 500CP player vs a 0CP player. Are there some tweaks and adjustments that need to be made to the new system? Absolutely, and ZOS can address those when necessary.

and once again, you fail to realize those "diminishing returns" are no where near as effective as you clearly think they are.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it wasn't for the unlockable passives then I would agree with you. With those? The system may be based on diminishing returns but with those returns and the passives the difference is larger.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, the DR isn't as steep or extreme as you'd like to think it is.
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »

and once again, you fail to realize those "diminishing returns" are no where near as effective as you clearly think they are.

I don't fail to realize anything; clearly I just have a different opinion. By all means lets keep talking about hypothetical situations instead such as players that "bought" their way to 750CP's steamrolling everyone when we are months and months away from that even being feasible and don't even officially know what is going to be in the crown store or not.

Bottom line, I am all for XP/AP boosts and I am of the opinion that it would give new players a chance to compete, or heaven forbid gain experience doing something they actually enjoy, instead of being forced into specific content or grind spots to progress their character. Hardcore players are always going to be advantaged and rightfully so due to the time they put into the game. There shouldn't be anything wrong with a casual player being able to compete.That is my opinion on the matter, and you are welcome to yours.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Meh the way I see it..

Double Standards.

Grinding is still the better method of champion point accrual from straight xp gained per hour. For me, it's by far the worst method in regards to the fun it brings but it's results are hard to argue with even after the xp nerfs in Craglorn. There are still nice spots that haven't been nerfed. :P I wouldn't care either way but it's worth noting.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »

I don't fail to realize anything; clearly I just have a different opinion. By all means lets keep talking about hypothetical situations instead such as players that "bought" their way to 750CP's steamrolling everyone when we are months and months away from that even being feasible and don't even officially know what is going to be in the crown store or not.

Bottom line, I am all for XP/AP boosts and I am of the opinion that it would give new players a chance to compete, or heaven forbid gain experience doing something they actually enjoy, instead of being forced into specific content or grind spots to progress their character. Hardcore players are always going to be advantaged and rightfully so due to the time they put into the game. There shouldn't be anything wrong with a casual player being able to compete.That is my opinion on the matter, and you are welcome to yours.

again, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE. More experienced players can ALSO USE THESE POTIONS, WHY do you FAIL TO REALIZE THIS. it only makes the difference worse.

Just because you fail to realize that the diminishing returns are not at all extereme does not mean that vets will not abuse these potions to high heaven and will abuse them MUCH MORE heavily then a "Casual player" would.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 22, 2015 1:44AM
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭
    If they put a cap of 4-5 CP per day, I wouldn't have a problem with it because it would allow casuals to keep up a bit. But without a cap all those college kids living off mom and dad, the basement rats and the homeless people playing at the library trading foodstamps for crowns will be unstoppable!!!!
    Edited by Khaldar on March 20, 2015 3:52AM
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'homeless people playing at the library'? most library computers wouldn't have the specs to run this game.

Now I'm missing the LOL button.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    'homeless people playing at the library'? most library computers wouldn't have the specs to run this game.

Now I'm missing the LOL button.

^^^^^ ;)