Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Datamined Imperial City Maps

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »
    So no new trial? :pensive:
    I don't think Imperial City was ever supposed to have a trial. Trials come with Adventure Zones, so the next new trial should be with Murkmire. Imperial City should have a 4-man dungeon, though; I think that's what the Prison is going to be.
    Not to give into some of the pvp negativity, but most of this seems like PVE content, not a lot of PVP except maybe during the cut over? I'll be happy to run another dungeon/trial with group mates but I still pine for some battle grounds and more structured pvp.
    The whole of the overground city and (at least) the central part of the sewers is open for PvP. I doubt the whole of the rest of the sewers is faction-locked either; from what I read before, I think it was just the entryways that were faction safe zones. There's no actual PvP objectives in the sewers, but I'm pretty sure that in the city proper there are, as you can claim each of the six districts for your alliance.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Joejudas wrote: »
    You guys need to stop this. It's stupid and illegal. I hate ZOS recently but I hope they come after you for this crap.

Illegal? No. Against the TOS? Very likely.

Datamining information isn't illegal or against the TOS, but please understand that anything datamined isn't final and is subject to change.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Anybody else notice a bit of a problem here?
    Somebody got their rotation angle wrong... :tongue:
    The ESO map needs to be rotated 30 degrees clockwise.

It is a wheel. It obviously turns.

:smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    You guys need to stop this. It's stupid and illegal. I hate ZOS recently but I hope they come after you for this crap.

LOL!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else notice a bit of a problem here?

It is a wheel. It obviously turns.

:smile:

:grin:
    Ah I see, that makes sense.
    What we didn't realise was that the Soulburst, in setting Mundus adrift in Oblivion, disrupted the structure of the Aurbis, and the Wheel was set off-kilter by 30 degrees. Imperial City, as an Echo of the Wheel, reflected the Aurbic shift, and was also knocked 30 degrees out of alignment.

Seriously though, someone ought to fix that :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are hard working about new content. :]

pfffahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (Breathes in) ahahahahaha
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    ZOS are hard working about new content. :]

pfffahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (Breathes in) ahahahahaha

We need to help them, pray to Stendarr or Jesus/Zeus for ZOS fast work. :D

Still waiting for Sithis.
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭

Considering the amount of times the city was sieged (and sacked entirely) across the time period between now (2E 582 Interregnum) and Oblivion, from which your map is derived (3E 433 until the beginning of the 4th), its not suprising that it would look nothing alike. Pretty much everything Tiber Septim added has yet to happen.

It'll go on to be destroyed again by the Aldmeri Dominion in 4E 174. Where they will burn the palace to the ground (again poor building!).

So its always changing and they have plenty of room to justify it thus :)
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on February 25, 2015 3:46PM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They also showed gameplay from a PVP arena with 3 or 4 man groups from every alliance, hope that will come in Imperial city as well, would make it very very interesting for pvpers to organize in small groups to fight each other.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering the amount of times the city was sieged (and sacked entirely) across the time period between now (2E 582 Interregnum) and Oblivion, from which your map is derived (3E 433 until the beginning of the 4th), its not suprising that it would look nothing alike. Pretty much everything Tiber Septim added has yet to happen.

It'll go on to be destroyed again by the Aldmeri Dominion in 4E 174. Where they will burn the palace to the ground (again poor building!).

So its always changing and they have plenty of room to justify it thus :)
    Reasonable suggestion, but I'm afraid I can't agree with it. The main wall structure has been the same since the Ayleids built it. Sure the inner parts of the districts will have changed, but the outer walls, inner walls, "spoke"-walls and towers were built at the same time as White-Gold.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am dying to ruin the day of some elite raid trying to take down some sort of world boss in the Imperial City.
  • Vulix
    Vulix
    ✭✭✭
    Greatest misuse of the phrase "data mining" I have ever seen
    Edited by Vulix on February 25, 2015 11:30PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulix wrote: »
    Greatest misuse of the phrase "data mining" I have ever seen
    And there you have the difference between "data mining", which is a part of exploratory data analysis looking for patterns in large data sets, and "datamining", which is drilling into a game's data files and extracting useful material from them.

They both have the same basis though; exploring large data to find something interesting or useful within.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    SoulScream wrote: »
    I don't want more PVE in my PVP.

And the rest of us don't want PvP in our PvE, but what do we get? We get skills and sets nerfed across the board because of PvP whines.

id say if anything, its because of the imbalance on who(class) can do what in trial runs. Regardless its a good thing, id like to see more diversity in who does what well in eso endgame content.