The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Screenshot] 50% "Experience Booster" - ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    If it goes into game as it is shown on screenshot - another reason to buy MK X or GTA 5.

MKX? Hell ya. GTAV? Lol hell no.

Well, I've got that hilariously broken Skyrim playthrough I started when I was having technical issues with ESO...
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »
    NO! First you said it's 10% and now it's 50% ?! What the hell? I can see ZOS adding weapons and armor to the crown store :(

ZOS never said 10% or even commented on the increased rate at all for boosters. Everybody just assumed it would be that same value as the subscriber bonus.

Which doesn't excuse the 50% value. No offense.

Never said it did. And again we have no idea how old this item ID is and whether it's accurate or not at this point. I expect we'll know more tomorrow.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it goes into game as it is shown on screenshot - another reason to buy MK X or GTA 5.

Well, I've got that hilariously broken Skyrim playthrough I started when I was having technical issues with ESO...
    I've had a few of those. Mods I assume or just a silly OP character build?
    NerdSauce Gaming

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mods. Though, when I say "broken," I actually mean the mods were creating some unintended weirdness, not that the character was hilariously overpowered.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Retain Vet Ranks even though the community overwhelmingly dislikes them - check.
    2. Create a new system that adds an entirely different and much larger grind to the game - check.
    3. Design massive XP boosts to "ease the pain"- check.
    4. Sell them for real money - check.
    5. Cash in.

We all saw it coming.
    Edited by Alphashado on March 20, 2015 7:40AM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those pots should have a one-hour duration and a 24 hour cooldown.

Adding superpots to help casuals keep up is fine. Seeing casuals knock out their daily CP in 30 minutes shouldn't worry anyone other than those especially emotional about such things. A cooldown would, however, prevent more dedicated players from chainsucking them during daily 9-hour play sessions.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mods. Though, when I say "broken," I actually mean the mods were creating some unintended weirdness, not that the character was hilariously overpowered.
    I had a mod completely break my save game upon uninstallation, even when I followed the mod creators dire tions for uninstallation. So I know those feels.
    Edited by LtCrunch on March 20, 2015 6:07AM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    i aprove those potions being on crown store but only if same or better onea are available as rewards from daily/repeatable quests in game or like hireling rewards which were nerfed to the oblivion (which is not a bad thing).

on a side. note respawn rate of monsters should be tweaked... it's so difficult to find decent solo aoe grind spots(non ranged monsters) these days, mobs just won't respawn and you have to wander around and get bored, even worse if any other person 'joins' the spot xD
    i did warn that current system forces to grind...
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well - this is shocking news to me. I understand now why they nerfed XP gains across the board. I must really say, ZoS is getting more and more cheesy by the hour.

Can we have a 50% lag reduction potion as well? Maybe I would buy this so I could remember what the most intense PvP experience feels like... (see sig)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaay I can hardly wait, I will buy tons of these and farm v10 mobs all day till CP is full :) I have a ring of mara buddy ready to do the same, when that gets tiring ill go to AvA and sit on a node while my guild rushes into it feeding me tons of CP and AP this will be fun :)
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people who have so obviously never played a real p2w game throw the term around like they understand it?
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Why do people who have so obviously never played a real p2w game throw the term around like they understand it?

I guess p2w can be in qualifying to various degrees - either it is MORE p2w or it is LESS p2w. It, however, remains p2w nonetheless.
    Edited by Skafsgaard on March 20, 2015 6:43AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    People that think xp potions are pay to win hahaha you guys are funny.
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    This is great, hope to also see an enlightenment potion since enlightenment gives you (x4 xp) +400% no?
    And this potion will be only (x0.5 xp) +50% right?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Looking very much forword to this.
    Just hope they don't make it affect CP. But only normal leveling.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prizax wrote: »
    This is great, hope to also see an enlightenment potion since enlightenment gives you (x4 xp) +400% no?
    And this potion will be only (x0.5 xp) +50% right?

The main difference is, that enlightenment is / becomes available to everyone, automatically, the potion not.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Nice. Looking very much forword to this.
    Just hope they don't make it affect CP. But only normal leveling.

Really? The Rings of Mara boost affects both and the ESO Plus boost affects both... what makes you think that the XP boost potion only affect the XP for normal levelling and not CP?
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shehriazad wrote: »
    I still fail to see how 50% XP potions are pay to win.

Griding XP faster =/= Turning you into a winner
    Will he be way stronger in battle than you? Hell no.
    I'd say after like 1000 CP or so the BATTLE stat difference for ANY given build should be somewhere between 0-1%.

Then you are missing some crucial information.
    1000 CP makes a big difference. What it should do is not relevant to this discussion. What it DOES do is. And it DOES create a significant power gap between players.

Edited by BlackEar on March 20, 2015 7:46AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) get some players paying for your beta game
    2) Add a system which requires a lot of time to complete and is needed by every player
    3) switch from p2p to b2p, so no one would flame for putting stuff in a store
    4) make it even harder to complete the system and sell it as 'intended'
    5) Add huge buffs for a "fair" amount of money
    6) since everyone wants to complete the system as fast as possible they'll buy these buffs.
    7) profit

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great if these potions can be taken only by non-vr14 characters, I will probably buy some to level an alt.
    Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONLY IF it doesnt work with Champion Point gain. Otherwise P2W.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if these potions can be taken only by non-vr14 characters, I will probably buy some to level an alt.

What does that matter, any vr character can gain champ points and they are used across all characters. Talking about stuf you know nothing about.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice "divide and rule" strategy here. "what, 10% xp boost in ESO plus? P2W!". "Heck no man, it's only 10%. Chill out!" And here we are 3 months later. "50% xp boost potion in the crown store? P2W". "Heck no man, it's not going to matter much". What's next?

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder they ruined all grind spots.

Who in the world would pay for xp pots when you could earn 1 vet level per hour.

Lol.

Not even subtle.

I'll prob still use them though simply because the quest-grind is so Horrendous.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    What's next?
    A 'VR14' button. :p

• Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice "divide and rule" strategy here. "what, 10% xp boost in ESO plus? P2W!". "Heck no man, it's only 10%. Chill out!" And here we are 3 months later. "50% xp boost potion in the crown store? P2W". "Heck no man, it's not going to matter much". What's next?

with all the bonus's you can get your still not up to the xp we were a week or so ago before the changes, we wo
    Kragorn wrote: »
    What's next?

I am just wondering what the reason for getting to 14 is anymore, since they are going to remove vet levels and they have already awarded compensation for the vet levels already out there. I have a 10 just using her for crafting and i have like 4 vr1's since the last couple of weeks, grind them up then make another one lol.

Cant really justify going past vr1 if we are not going to have anything to show for the work.
  • Grapdjan
    Grapdjan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was personally hoping for double experience potions, so fingers crossed.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's next?

lol. Where is my "+100 CP" button?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's next?

lol. Where is my "+100 CP" button?

It's called "grinding for the next 400 hours." :p
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You understand faster time to ____ Level/CP's does not an experienced player make, right?

I've seen more than one VR14 that hasn't a clue how to play their class or any other...

XP=Levels , Level != Power or ability / skilled play.

OP, refer again to your own post.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS