The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Screenshot] 50% "Experience Booster" - ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

• oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    It would be great if these potions can be taken only by non-vr14 characters, I will probably buy some to level an alt.

What does that matter, any vr character can gain champ points and they are used across all characters. Talking about stuf you know nothing about.

I know exactly how much fast vr1-14 can be grinded and that CPs are account wide.
    Farming CPs while levelling a new character is extremly slow compared to the real farming, and there is also lvl 1 to 50 to do.

Do you think people will start to make characters and delete them after hit VR14 just to buy more potions and farm more CPs while levelling?

Okey.
    Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    If these get released, it will not only be the end of my time in this game, it will be the end of ESO.

I'll tell you what will kill this game quicker, people whining that every item in the crown store will be P2W and "kill the game" and "I'll quit if it goes ahead".

The game is free, it needs money to survive. Some people have time, some people have money, both will get to the same place eventually.

The only time it would make a real difference to you is in PvP and with the amount of people in the game, odds are equal that you'll get face stomped by a time or a money player. The real difference will be in player skill and one key press and likely time or money make no difference at all.

Deal with it and stay or deal with it and leave, most people don't really care what other people do, they just want to have fun and enjoy a quality game, but everyone please quit whining every 5 mins about something that will make no real difference to you.
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭
    If the put a restriction on it so that it has no effect as soon as the character reaches vr14 then it would not be p2w. Just nice to level up something else a bit faster in this stupid veteran system.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    If these get released, it will not only be the end of my time in this game, it will be the end of ESO.

I'll tell you what will kill this game quicker, people whining that every item in the crown store will be P2W and "kill the game" and "I'll quit if it goes ahead".

Wait, aren't you the person who on another thread said he wanted P2W? And now you are trying to deny this being being P2W? How is selling power for money not P2W, if I may ask?
    The game is free, it needs money to survive. Some people have time, some people have money, both will get to the same place eventually.

And some people have time and money. I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.

Neither should provide an inherent advantage over others (this should be determined by skill).
    The only time it would make a real difference to you is in PvP and with the amount of people in the game, odds are equal that you'll get face stomped by a time or a money player. The real difference will be in player skill and one key press and likely time or money make no difference at all.

Oh, power being based on time spent grinding is another issue, but it is a byproduct of them having to make the XP boosters enticing. Basicly, it's game quality lowered in order to maximize profits from a couple of credit card warriors.

And if you think CPs make no difference, let me quote myself...
    This is the difference between 750 & 500 CPs for a stamina build:
    -5.3% Stamina Costs Spells/Abilities
    +4.5% Stamina Regeneration
    +5.1% more Healing Reduction
    +5.8% Light/Heavy Attack Damage
    +9% Physical Critical Strike damage
    +5.9% Armour Penetration
    +1.2% Spell Resistance
    -6.9% DoT damage taken
    -5% Poison/Disease/Magic damage taken
    -5% Flame/Frost/Shock damage taken.
    When killed, heal Allies within 8m by X
    50% reduced Gathering times
    Better items from Treasure Chests
    15% chance to return X damage to attacker when blocking a melee attack, 5 second cooldown

You don't have to be a genius to notice these aren't small differences.
    In fact, these are equal to dozens of set bonuses from gear, which would make purchasing these boosters basicly the same as purchasing some uber gear with billion set bonuses.

How is this not P2W to (some) people?

How will you feel, when you lose encounters in PvP & PvE against less talented individuals, simply because you didn't throw 200$/month at the game? That is unacceptable.
    Deal with it and stay or deal with it and leave, most people don't really care what other people do, they just want to have fun and enjoy a quality game, but everyone please quit whining every 5 mins about something that will make no real difference to you.

Awesome, another person who obviously knows what majority wants/thinks.
    You should try running for president.

I doubt the majority of players enjoys losing to the minority of players on the premise the minority has the most money (life fact) and you know, there's a thing or two to be said about minorities oppressing the majorities... doesn't tend to end up well.
    Edited by DDuke on March 20, 2015 12:17PM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    kongkim wrote: »
    Nice. Looking very much forword to this.
    Just hope they don't make it affect CP. But only normal leveling.

Really? The Rings of Mara boost affects both and the ESO Plus boost affects both... what makes you think that the XP boost potion only affect the XP for normal levelling and not CP?

Don't know. Just said hope. But anyway i still look forword to it. :)
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care. Getting to 3600 CP 50% faster than others does not seem like a win situation to me.
    Just a bit faster than others. Whats the difference when others have 50% more time to grind than I do. Some will always get there faster than I do. If its skill, time or a potion that helps them, does not make a difference for me. Ill get there soon enough.

But 50% will be nice when I level my alt - so bring it on!
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    50% potion
    10% mara
    10% buddy
    13% cyro
    10% subcribe
    Total:93% ;)
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's worth making a video on. My stance, please don't do this.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ok with these potions as long as A) they are STUPID expensive with crowns....like 80k expensive and B ) they give 2 a month to EVERY person who subscribes...... done deal
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there are more than 12h left since starting this topic and mods and admins was on forum and they seen it for sure. If they didn't said "NO" yet, I assume that it is true and this pot will be in game. It's very sad.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there are more than 12h left since starting this topic and mods and admins was on forum and they seen it for sure. If they didn't said "NO" yet, I assume that it is true and this pot will be in game. It's very sad.

yup, not surprising though. I think everyone who saw this game going B2P/F2P during the beta also knew this was going to happen at some point since they love lieing to their customers reapeatedly
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    As I said in the other thread where I saw this image: I'm OK with a 10% bonus XP potion, but a 50% bonus seems like way too much to me. Stack it with a Ring of Mara and subscriber bonus and you're looking at a 70% bonus to all of your XP.

Not to mention Enemy keep bonus which goes all the way up to an extra 15%..
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are already in the game in some sort of fashion as seen in the screenshot. Now the item's properties are subject to change as ZOS might think after gauging the reaction that 50% is a bit steep.

This is their inclusion in the current state or build.

Edited by Lionxoft on March 20, 2015 1:05PM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, XP Pots are fine IMO.

You should already be using all your enlightenment anyway.

This will make it convenient for me in that I can just play normally for 12 days, then get 1 XP Pot and grind like hell for two hours. This way I won't have to have as many XP grind sessions to use up enlightenment.
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they will work also for AP? Easy emperor!
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will make it convenient for me in that I can just play normally for 12 days, then get 1 XP Pot and grind like hell for two hours. This way I won't have to have as many XP grind sessions to use up enlightenment.

alone, XP pots would have been at least tolerable, but at endgame, at max level, that XP turns directly into much more power. thus someone who buys these will DIRECTLY be mroe pwoerful than someone who does not. this means they are P2W and this game is now officially dead if they are released.
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    this means they are P2W and this game is now officially dead if they are released.
    *Dead for you.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »

alone, XP pots would have been at least tolerable, but at endgame, at max level, that XP turns directly into much more power. thus someone who buys these will DIRECTLY be mroe pwoerful than someone who does not. this means they are P2W and this game is now officially dead if they are released.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the game would be dead but it would definitely change the culture of the game and that's a negative in my opinion. The "whales" as they are called can support the game by purchasing everything so I don't see the game dying from finances but I could imagine seeing a community culture shift.

They do need an item in the Crown Store that will keep players coming back. XP boosters are that item for them. Can't say I agree that it's a move I approve of and I'm not even really sure how much our opinions matter to them but people will buy these. It will be a tradeoff. It's really a boost to revenue at the expense of harming the competitiveness and culture of the game.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 20, 2015 1:26PM
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If experience gain gets "nerfed" in a patch and suddenly, an item which can be bought for real money, is introduced into the Crown store ( XP booster ), this raises alarm bells for me.

Something going down here....

Experience gain has already been nerfed heavily. Haven't you noticed? It seems clear what they are up to now. Nerf XP gain into the ground and then introduce the XP gain back to everyone in the form of a purchase. XP-extortion or pay to win. Take your pick.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

I wouldn't go as far as saying the game would be dead but it would definitely change the culture of the game and that's a negative in my opinion. The "whales" as they are called can support the game by purchasing everything so I don't see the game dying from finances but I could imagine seeing a community culture shift.

They do need an item in the Crown Store that will keep players coming back. XP boosters are that item for them. Can't say I agree that it's a move I approve of and I'm not even really sure how much our opinions matter to them but people will buy these. It will be a tradeoff. It's really a boost to revenue at the expense of harming the competitiveness and culture of the game.

GW2, LOL, Secret World, Planetside 2, etc they are all doing fine and have no P2W aspect to their cash shops.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 22, 2015 4:14AM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GW2, LOL, Secret World, Planetside 2, etc they are all doing fine and have no P2W aspect to their cash shops.

At this point in time, I don't see anything on the Crown Store that people will buy more than once. That's all I'm sayin'. :)

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 22, 2015 4:16AM
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete this, accedential double post.
    Edited by PKMN12 on March 20, 2015 1:40PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just speak for me, and I don't really care about XP pots at this point.. and I'll explain why.

I absolutely hate how the Champion System is implemented, the amount of power that can be gained.. all of it is just terrible. It has single-handedly killed off the entire competitive side of this game, in a few months when we look at the leaderboards we'll be like.. oh but they probably had 800CP and we only have 400. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not, you can never compare yourself to anyone anymore because of this stupid ever-ongoing system.

So why are XP pots not a problem?

Because the advantage to be gained is already there, and have been, for weeks. As I see it, up until those pots are launched there is only one way to gain an unfair advantage and that is through time. When they launch, they are nothing but another way to gain an unfair advantage.

As someone who works full time and doesn't get that much time to play, I am going to fall behind anyway. Do I care whether people gain their advantage through time or money? Not really.. the advantage is there anyway and it's very existance is by definition the problem.

Basically, if the Champion System didn't exist, XP pots couldn't be a problem. Now, they're just another avenue to progress in a broken system.

You would have had to been extremely naive to think that this wasn't going to happen. We simply have to deal with the fact that there is nothing competitive left in ESO, and we can either live with it or quit the game.

But unless you already wanted to gain an advantage (the same advantage now offered through money) through spending more time "grinding", I don't see how XP potions would be a dealbreaker.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightscar wrote: »
    When zos starts selling gear in the crown store then you all can *** about P2W

The Champion System is an extremely powerful system. I think that should be stated again.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    (Snip)
    Basically, if the Champion System didn't exist, XP pots couldn't be a problem. Now, they're just another avenue to progress in a broken system.
    (Snip)

I think you hit the point exactly and it's really something I've been trying to get across since the details on the Champion System were made public information.

I believe that XP progression as a method of progressing through the Champion System is a problem. I think the Champion System is great but the way it grants power and the methods of gaining points should have been more creative.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why a few people in this thread keep arguing that something like this helps casuals. I'm a casual player and it doesn't help me at all. It only helps whoever is willing to shell out cash for potions, whether they're casual or hardcore. And frankly I see something like this being a lot more useful to hardcore players who are invested in being at the top of the game.

Back when we only had veteran ranks, I knew that one day, even though it would take a while because I'm a casual player with multiple characters and vet leveling is slow, I would reach max level on at least one of them eventually and have the option to compete in the end game content with more experienced players.

Then the champion system came along and I realized that was less likely to ever happen because a lot of other veteran players would be grinding a lot more CP than me. But I figured still, eventually I'll be at the point where I can hold my own and it'll be okay. Maybe.

But with something like this pay for XP boost, if it goes live, I will not be able to go anywhere near that end game content for years, because the gaps between me, the grinders, and everyone (casual or hardcore or anywhere in between) willing to pay for the XP boost will be too wide. I'll be one shotted going anywhere near Cyrodiil, and I would not want to join a trial or vet dungeon group that would be forced to carry me through content because I'm so far behind everyone else.

So yes, I see this would help some people, and yes, I get that lots of other games operate like this, but I stuck with this one because I thought it wouldnt be like that here. But if it is, I certainly will rethink whether I have any future with this game.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We all know item links can manipulate the quality of the item . . .

I actually think the "Gold" link made it 50%. Say:
    • White - 10%
    • Green - 20%
    • Blue - 30%
    • Purple - 40%
    • Gold - 50%

But we'll see. Does anyone have the code for the link? I would like to see what the numbers do, if anything, when you change the quality.
    Edited by Dominoid on March 20, 2015 2:12PM
  • Avindra
    Avindra
    ✭✭
    When everyone was paying a sub for this game they didnt mind spending the monthly fee which is very small.
    Now its B2P and if you still sub ( the money that everyone was already happy to pay) you get free crowns.

Why are people now upset about using money that they would have already spent on the sub in the crown store ?

Free XP potions !!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    (Snip)
    (Snip)

I think you hit the point exactly and it's really something I've been trying to get across since the details on the Champion System were made public information.

I believe that XP progression as a method of progressing through the Champion System is a problem. I think the Champion System is great but the way it grants power and the methods of gaining points should have been more creative.

To be honest, isn't it a well known fact that B2P/F2P games tend to create artificial grinds, in order to sell "convenience" items in Cash Shop? Isn't Champion System just another example of this?

I believe the whole system might very well have been designed around selling XP Boosters, so in a way they (and Cash Shop) are to blame regardless.

If they made the Champion System a horizontal one instead, where you can allocate only X (easily reached) number of points, that would fix most of the complaints.
    They could even make the passives more powerful & meaningful in that case.
    Might be too late for that, however.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avindra wrote: »
    When everyone was paying a sub for this game they didnt mind spending the monthly fee which is very small.
    Now its B2P and if you still sub ( the money that everyone was already happy to pay) you get free crowns.

Why are people now upset about using money that they would have already spent on the sub in the crown store ?

Free XP potions !!

beacuase not everyone wanted to spend the sub price for this game. Most players who are new or back fro ma break are here BECAUSE they did not have to spend any money. Now, to be competitgive it seems likely you will need to buy those potions.