Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Emity
    Emity
    Thank you for this Patch Notes. Still. You didn't mention about game optimization. You only mentioned that for Ultra settings you need a 2 GB Video Card. Did you manage to optimize the game so that the game can ran perfectly on high-ends systems NOW ? Since even people with video cards and CPU's (GTX 760/770/780 /970 /Titan and CPU I5/I7 ) wasnt be able to play ESO smoothly ( in every situation) with any performance issues on Ultra Settings. Hope there is gonna be a big difference in optimization of the game.
    Edited by Emity on January 27, 2015 7:34PM
    • Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    • GTX 760 2GB, "OC Version"
    • Single-screen 1920x1080
    • I5 4690K OC 4.3 GHz
    • 8GB DDR3, 2133mhz
    • Gigabyte Z97-D3H
    • Samsung SSD 840 EVO - 250GB
    • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 PSU
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    New racials ?!? where are they, or you just try to tell me my Dunmer will be useless as DK if i run stamina build (because of Flame Talent- increase SPELL dmg with fire efects) ? Ok, you change most class skills to use stamina, nothing wrong here , but PLS adjust racials also. Thanks
    no racial changes in update 1.6, official statement here in the thread.
    "some time in the future", "still on the list", etc.
    Edhelliell wrote: »
    Oh no... Never thought I would be complaining on the forums, but you scare me with adjusting Cinder Storm/Ash cloud!

As a Tank I like this ability. Is it possible to drop the snare part and/or lower the amount of miss chance, isntead of removing it completely?
    Templars lost their version of it "blinding light" too.
    shame, but what can you do.
    Edited by Dragath on January 27, 2015 7:29PM
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, will our trophies like fish and smoke bombs still be held in bank, or will they go over to the Collectible area?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Are there any API patch notes for 1.6?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An error message will now display when you try to use a quick slot item from the main inventory.

Does this mean we will no longer be able to pick up an item in the main inventory, click quick slot button, then slot it there?
    This is currently the only viable work around for the quick slot menu scrolling back to the top during combat in Cyrodiil.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the change to mounts/riding skill (everyone being able to add carrying capacity in addition to speed) and mats stacking to 200, that should make inventory management a little easier
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow Cloak

Fixed an issue that could allow heavy attacks to hit another player character who had activated Shadow Cloak if the ability had been activated while the heavy attack was in the process of charging.
    Fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would stay visible when the target receiving the shield would go into stealth.
    Shadowy Disguise (morph): This ability now makes the next attack a guaranteed crit. Reduced the cost of this morph by 10%.

Could a fellow Nightblade who has gotten the patch downloaded already please check the functionality of bolded/underlined for me?

Presently, on live, this skill gives 100% Weapon Crit and 100% Spell Crit.
    Currently use the Spell Crit buff to enhance my heals on my Resto staff healer build.

Could somebody check for me and verify that after the changes this skill no longer makes heals crit and only applies to attacks? :(
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Are there any API patch notes for 1.6?

Yes, we're working on them! We'll have them up today.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    TL:DR - A bunch of changes.

:p

-Aletheion
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Significantly increased the chance to receive gold boosters from refining.

Significantly decreased the chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes and purple provisioning ingredients from hireling mails.

Hopefully I'll have enough time to see ZOS idea of "significantly" while my NA characters are on PTS.

If the Hirelings RNG is useless then I think that negates most of the purpose for even having spent all those extra passive points in making useful hirelings.

I don't need 300+ trait stones, I need useful boosters and tempers. I already spent this game since release refining several tons of materials now you want us to have to harvest and refine tons more for gold returns?

I'd be interested to know from the Devs what was so bad about the already low RNG for Hirelings as it was. I definitely still pulled enough Ta's, or no Aspects at all, on my maxed Level 50 Enchanter Hireling.

I would agree with this. I have little to no use for any mats they give me that are not gold (I need ZERO trait stones or anything green or blue upgrade wise, purple is ok, but even that not very needed) - if they aren't going to give me a decent shot at top mats then I don't really need to waste 3 skill points each on them.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Kaynlor wrote: »
    Will our trophies like fish and smoke bombs still be held in bank, or will they go over to the Collectible area?

In Update 6, trophies will not go in the Collectibles area. This is something we'd like to do in the future (if we do, it would be after Update 6.)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Adjusted the timing of the Mage’s abilities so you will start seeing more of his abilities earlier in the fight...
    Typo or a new twist in the lore story? =3
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    uh my PTS just started to update but it's only 8.6gb...
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Silver Bolts
    • Decreased the base damage done by Silver Bolts by 80%, but increased the proc chance to 30% from 5%.

Am i the only one to think that is overpowered? I mean... Right now, my banish damage is over 2000, and my weapon damage is pretty low as I'm a magicka build. 30% chance to deal over 2000 damage seems live overkill. I can hear all the crossbows in Cyrodiil already. That sounds like a werewolf/vampire nerf. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also very sad to see that we are still stuck with a 30 minutes stage 1. Whoever thought that was long enough did not think long.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prizax wrote: »

Might be downloading it compressed and expanded could be 14gb
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    I only have ONE question. Can we swedish people now write "å" in chat after this patch? :P
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

[*] You will now start with a two handed sword.

Why? Why do you insist on doing this, Zenimax?? There is no fighting just outside your cell anway, what was so bad with picking THE WEAPON OF YOUR CHOICE from a forge rather than being forced to use a weapon style you might never intend to use?? PLEASE, reconsider this! You should rather bring back the forge that was in the open betas, where you had racks where you could chose one of each type of weapon! And maybe have armour racks in addition.

I have to agree with this, unless you have added combat in earlier.
      Otherwise I still feel it's much more within the spirit of the Elder Scrolls series to have a range of weapons laying around and let a player choose the one they want to start with.

Again unless there is new combat before the current choice of weapons, why not just update the available weapons and leave the start with no gear.

Additionally if this is inside the cell, why do you have a sword inside the cell? :disagree:
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Leovolao
      Leovolao
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can't you guys just reduce the healing of critical surge to like 35% or 40% and get rid of that 1 second cool down?
      tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    • CP5
      CP5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Quick question, are the patch notes for Surge from the current build of pts or an older one?
    • Thavie
      Thavie
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yep, same for me.
      "We grew under a bad sun"
    • bsmorrowb14_ESO
      bsmorrowb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      All this bickering about Sta vs Magicka resource stuff. Honestly, why not just do away with one of them and go to a generic resource pool for all abilities?
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager

Might be downloading it compressed and expanded could be 14gb
      The game is 8GB, and audio is another 6GB. You should be downloading a total of 14GB.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    • Vordae
      Vordae
      ✭✭✭
      [*] Silver Bolts
      • Decreased the base damage done by Silver Bolts by 80%, but increased the proc chance to 30% from 5%.

Am i the only one to think that is overpowered? I mean... Right now, my banish damage is over 2000, and my weapon damage is pretty low as I'm a magicka build. 30% chance to deal over 2000 damage seems live overkill. I can hear all the crossbows in Cyrodiil already. That sounds like a werewolf/vampire nerf. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also very sad to see that we are still stuck with a 30 minutes stage 1. Whoever thought that was long enough did not think long.

Ya there increasing the counters to Vamps and WW so they dont have to nerf them more.
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Leovolao wrote: »
      Can't you guys just reduce the healing of critical surge to like 35% or 40% and get rid of that 1 second cool down?

Agreed. I absolutely hate cooldowns, and actually hoped they would remove them from enchantments as well and actually make them a bit useful ...
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • Iago
      Iago
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      [*] Werewolf
      • Decreased the amount of damage you take from poison to 40% from 50%.
      • Blood Rage
        • Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.
        • This passive now has a 3 second cooldown.
      • Devour
        • Fixed an issue where this ability would appear to blink.
      • Howl of Despair
        • Feeding Frenzy (morph): The Synergy prompt for this ability will now properly disappear when you can no longer use it.
      • Infectious Claws
        • Slightly adjusted the animation for this ability so it no longer gets clipped by a light attack.
      • Roar
        • Rousing Roar (morph): This ability now grants the Major Brutality buff for 5 seconds.

When is the duration of the transformation going to be fixed? As it stands now the only way I can take o mobs and stay transformed for 2 min plus is by fighting mobs that are 25 or more levels lower than myself. I should be able to do it on any mob my level at the very least. people have been asking for this since pre-lanch is their an ETA or are we SOL?
      That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No snipe nerf?! ok bow zerg vs bow zerg incoming
    • Bloodzeus
      Bloodzeus
      ✭✭
      Gravord wrote: »
      So stamina builds and changing "some" class skill to stamina to make proper melee builds failed again. On dk you swap 2 flame dots to be stamina based, which is good, but you dont give Whip option to morph and be stamina based which failed whole melee concept.
      Same on NB, Concealed weapons with armor debuff should be stamina based, same as close range morph of Impale,

This ... confusing... mass magicka etc. to get whip awesome, or go stam for other skills... cant use both now ? still a mish mash of mag/stam.

also !! yay for Patch Notes :)<3 Gina
    • Ysne58
      Ysne58
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      AngryNord wrote: »

[*] You will now start with a two handed sword.

Why? Why do you insist on doing this, Zenimax?? There is no fighting just outside your cell anway, what was so bad with picking THE WEAPON OF YOUR CHOICE from a forge rather than being forced to use a weapon style you might never intend to use?? PLEASE, reconsider this! You should rather bring back the forge that was in the open betas, where you had racks where you could chose one of each type of weapon! And maybe have armour racks in addition.

I have to agree with this, unless you have added combat in earlier.
        Otherwise I still feel it's much more within the spirit of the Elder Scrolls series to have a range of weapons laying around and let a player choose the one they want to start with.

Again unless there is new combat before the current choice of weapons, why not just update the available weapons and leave the start with no gear.

Additionally if this is inside the cell, why do you have a sword inside the cell? :disagree:

I agree with this too. None of my characters want 2h skill. I don't think this change makes any sense. Just allow choice of weapon at beginning.

• LtCrunch
        LtCrunch
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        •Once the system is live, the Imperial Edition Upgrade bundle and the Explorer’s Pack that are currently available on the web will be moved to the Crown Store for purchase.

Umm, wasn't the Explorer's Pack a pre-order bonus that was not to be available again? I don't see where it's currently available on the web.

You can buy it from pretty much any cdkey site for $2-$5 and from ebay as well. It's smart for them to do this and make some extra money from new players instead of letting cdkey vendors reap the benefits.
        NerdSauce Gaming
        Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
        ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
        Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• jcaceresw
        jcaceresw
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        @ZOS_GinaBruno will the PTS bug report or feedback option work? I want to suggest some things for the Crown Store and report any other error the patch notes may not have pointed in Know Issues part, if any.